Finasteride Resistant Hairloss Group

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet I do believe that in our late 30s we should have enough psychological resources (maturity) to pull through this sh*t better than young minds.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post here if you have hairloss that wasnt stopped by finasteride

for those of us that have this problem, I believe there should be a separate group so we can discuss more advanced treatments that would be too extreme to try here. Hopefully we get a few people and we can problem solve together
What is the metric for being 'treatment resistant'? Is the consensus 1 year on 1 mg with no change in loss? If one is really able to ascertain that they are treatment resistant, then a person could have peace in dropping finasteride. I am fairly certain I'm taking this sh*t for no good reason but continue to do it out of fear, rather than reason.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the metric for being 'treatment resistant'? Is the consensus 1 year on 1 mg with no change in loss? If one is really able to ascertain that they are treatment resistant, then a person could have peace in dropping finasteride. I am fairly certain I'm taking this sh*t for no good reason but continue to do it out of fear, rather than reason.

If you are on it for 1 year and you hair is worse then you’re resistant. Shedding isn’t the best indicator

Zenya

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do people assume that becoming bald after the 30s is "okay" and you just have to accept it without complaints since it's not as bad as if it had happened to us in our 20s or earlier? Where did you get that? What is the measure or yardstick that some of you use to compare pain? Becoming bald is sh*t and it impacts us all in a different way, whether you're still at school, at work or trying to figure out your life, a relationship or whatever, that's why so many of us are here. These comparisons in relation to the ages of whether our situation is more or less serious seem to me totally unnecessary.

I have a friend who became bald since he was 16/17 while he was still in high school and handled it quite well, it depends on each person and that doesn't always have a direct relationship with age.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do people assume that becoming bald after the 30s is "okay" and you just have to accept it without complaints since it's not as bad as if it had happened to us in our 20s or earlier? Where did you get that? What is the measure or yardstick that some of you use to compare pain? Becoming bald is sh*t and it impacts us all in a different way, whether you're still at school, at work or trying to figure out your life, a relationship or whatever, that's why so many of us are here. These comparisons in relation to the ages of whether our situation is more or less serious seem to me totally unnecessary.

I have a friend who became bald since he was 16/17 while he was still in high school and handled it quite well, it depends on each person and that doesn't always have a direct relationship with age.
I totally agree. I'm early 40's and handling like a 16 year old, haha

Scotty121

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair loss has accelerated I’m now nearly 39. Been on finasteride since 2007 I have no ejaculation whatsoever during sex I’m beginning to think this drug has
Damaged me

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair loss has accelerated I’m now nearly 39. Been on finasteride since 2007 I have no ejaculation whatsoever during sex I’m beginning to think this drug has
Damaged me
u can't have both hair and a dick as a man nowadays.

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damaged me

you been talking abt coming off the drug for 3 yrs... are you sure the sides arent from you stalking these forums and reading on these so called sides

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I was only in for 6 months had side fast on oral. Switched to topical. Been off a week and shed is massive. 300 each time I shower (3-4 times a week). I’m still on oral Minoxidil.

Could topical Finasteride a few times a week help?

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I was only in for 6 months had side fast on oral. Switched to topical. Been off a week and shed is massive. 300 each time I shower (3-4 times a week). I’m still on oral Minoxidil.

Could topical Finasteride a few times a week help?

what sides ?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
I started taking finasteride in 98'-99' didn't regrow any hair. I switched to dutasteride around 15 years ago. My hair is stable. You need to look at diet and lifestyle also. It can increase estrogen (not for everyone) but that can be countered with another drug. You guys claiming sides and the drug doesn't work, are the ones the start and stop treatments because you are looking for a miracle cure and don't stick with one treatment long enough

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started taking finasteride in 98'-99' didn't regrow any hair. I switched to dutasteride around 15 years ago. My hair is stable. You need to look at diet and lifestyle also. It can increase estrogen (not for everyone) but that can be countered with another drug. You guys claiming sides and the drug doesn't work, are the ones the start and stop treatments because you are looking for a miracle cure and don't stick with one treatment long enough

it raises E2 levels by 15%...lets say you are middle of the pack before starting finasteride, wouldnt that get to dangerous high levels??

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
it raises E2 levels by 15%...lets say you are middle of the pack before starting finasteride, wouldnt that get to dangerous high levels??
Your being paranoid. There were never any claims of side effects until recent years. Most of the side effects are caused by forums and negative placebo effects. Have you ever watched Joe Tillman's podcast Tuesday and fridays on the bald truth? Honestly stop being a bunch of pussies

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your being paranoid. There were never any claims of side effects until recent years. Most of the side effects are caused by forums and negative placebo effects. Have you ever watched Joe Tillman's podcast Tuesday and fridays on the bald truth? Honestly stop being a bunch of pussies

the sides are self reported. if they actually measured erection quality and speed of erection, and had metrics for sexual desire/libido you would clearly see that 90% of men experience side effects

you cant inhibit the strongest male androgen and not get side effects. for most people, the side effects are tolerable but get worse with time

Chemichal Castration

My Regimen
Reaction score
sensitivity increases with age hamilton proved this decades ago, and more sadly in 2019 we have to cite things found in 1960 about why finasteride works. We still dont know much more about any of this. Why is it sensitive? Why does sensitivity increase as we age? Will we ever find the answers to these questions?

Does anyone have a link to the study?