Finasteride Resistant Hairloss Group

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo coach, can you please send me an invite to the chat.

Been on finasteride every day for a year and some change and my hairline has recessed at the same rate as it did pre-finasteride, except now it's diffuse too.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hemingway_the_mercenary hey man can you hit me with an invite to resistant group again.

I have oral Propecia another go this week and the same sides hit like a freight train. I really don’t think it’s so that I can press on with and hope for a change.

Now turning to non-Finasteride options. I got worse on RU worse on Topical Finasteride and oral minoxidil has been a nightmare of a mistake.
What sides r u talking about? I thought u were not getting sides from topical.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Manochoice no sides on the topical but losing ground after 7 months. I tried to mix back in a low dose oral Propecia .5 daily (3 days) Fay two I got a significant ball ache and groin pain, tightness, depression and loss of morning wood. No true ED but a definite change.

@Pixie similar experience, quick diffusing and big drop in hair quality on topical Finasteride. I do think I’m doing damage with the HCG. The doctors response to a bug drop in already low serum DHT and test over 809 for year dropping quickly and big jump in estrogen.

The question really is can Propecia do harm. I was told time and time again Minoxidil had no risk other but I know it ruined my hair cycles.

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Manochoice no sides on the topical but losing ground after 7 months. I tried to mix back in a low dose oral Propecia .5 daily (3 days) Fay two I got a significant ball ache and groin pain, tightness, depression and loss of morning wood. No true ED but a definite change.

@Pixie similar experience, quick diffusing and big drop in hair quality on topical Finasteride. I do think I’m doing damage with the HCG. The doctors response to a bug drop in already low serum DHT and test over 809 for year dropping quickly and big jump in estrogen.

The question really is can Propecia do harm. I was told time and time again Minoxidil had no risk other but I know it ruined my hair cycles.
Maybe try .25mg of finasteride and stick it out, I had libido problems and ball ache for a month and a half but it stopped and returned to normal

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
9 months and I’m still losing handfuls daily. Dr. said if it was reflex I’d have back acne, oily skin, and body hair increase.

I am just going to assume it’s not working. Trying to make a year.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
9 months and I’m still losing handfuls daily. Dr. said if it was reflex I’d have back acne, oily skin, and body hair increase.

I am just going to assume it’s not working. Trying to make a year.

My forehead is oily as hell lately. I wonder if that's got something to do with finasteride?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea but this Is my shed world with a wash 10 months on Finasteride

Attachments

• 27B40C2F-8679-466A-A80D-E4DCC1962ED0.jpeg
    27B40C2F-8679-466A-A80D-E4DCC1962ED0.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 271

Chemichal Castration

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, finasteride increases testosterone so unless you have a below normal testosterone it wont do much for you (can make it worse).

If you have indeed acne, oily skin and body hair increase I think It becomes evident that it's having more pro androgenic effects than the opposite. I've been on it for 8 months and it also made me breakout a lot more often, my libido barely changed and well, couldn't get any results out of it. 8 months is more than enough to evaluate the efficiency of almost any treatment. I just can find an explanation why people need to wait 1+ year to do so, It's valuable time you are losing, It's thousands of hair lost in the hope of a miracle?

Honestly, I used it for 8 months, I'm glad i did not wait any longer.

(I'm not saying finasteride is worthless, just saying to be effective It needs to be assisted by other treatments like T suppressors in low doses.)

The amount of hairs you are losing is not admissible.

Travis pickle

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that receptors will be activated once there is T or DHT. However, as we aged, we produce less T and DHT, hence, shouldnt receptors be stable / reduce ?
Im 21 yo ,do u think it will works better for my age? And im on week 2 of my 1mg finasteride

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hemingway_the_mercenary @bluecyclone My best friend started balding at 9, and was NW3 by 9th grade. I have pictures that I could send u guys if u don't believe me. He was NW4 (11th grade) a couple of weeks ago and sadly he took his life that time too. Balding in college/high school is literally hell despite popular belief.

What the f*** ...... OMG. So sad.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea but this Is my shed world with a wash 10 months on Finasteride
You know what, that's what I lose EVERY WASH, and I shampoo my hair everyday due to how oily and inflammed it is. You wash your hair what every four days as I recall?

You are making such a joke of yourself.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started taking finasteride in 98'-99' didn't regrow any hair. I switched to dutasteride around 15 years ago. My hair is stable. You need to look at diet and lifestyle also. It can increase estrogen (not for everyone) but that can be countered with another drug. You guys claiming sides and the drug doesn't work, are the ones the start and stop treatments because you are looking for a miracle cure and don't stick with one treatment long enough
What is the family history of your hair loss?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not directed at me but I’ll jump in.

Father and Grandfather paternal both NW6 by 30

Maternal Grandfather full head at 96

Two older male cousins both bald by 40.

Is this just how it goes? Is the constant shed just an aggressive way to go bald? I mean Finasteride has done absolutely nothing but sides.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not directed at me but I’ll jump in.

Father and Grandfather paternal both NW6 by 30

Maternal Grandfather full head at 96

Two older male cousins both bald by 40.

Is this just how it goes? Is the constant shed just an aggressive way to go bald? I mean Finasteride has done absolutely nothing but sides.
If you are above 25 years old consider spironolactone 200 mg.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I had Finasteride did I image that would be a mistake. Does anyone know anything about Ferritin levels and hairloss? Mine has never topped 40 and I’ve read you need 100 to keep or grow hair.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I had Finasteride did I image that would be a mistake. Does anyone know anything about Ferritin levels and hairloss? Mine has never topped 40 and I’ve read you need 100 to keep or grow hair.
Finasteride should always be the first line of attack against male pattern baldness especially if you are young.