Finasteride An Emotional Rollercoaster

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
(...) I also see my new hairs getting longer. Especially on my temple, which is weird because they haven't receded that far back tbh. I'm starting to wonder if finasteride can work good for some area's and a less for others. Does anybody know something about this?

We're very used to hear reports on this but with the inverse situation. This phenomenon boggles my tamponic mind. What a amusing and terrifying facet of human biological variation this is! But I think you are the first I recall to report more effects on temples than otherwise. Was @buckthorn the one who got this as well?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
keep us updated about the post minoxidil shed

I will.

We're very used to hear reports on this but with the inverse situation. This phenomenon boggles my tamponic mind. What a amusing and terrifying facet of human biological variation this is! But I think you are the first I recall to report more effects on temples than otherwise. Was @buckthorn the one who got this as well?

Yea interesting right?! Too bad for me because my temples are fine as they are like I said

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read a few accounts where people who got on finasteride actually seemed to accelerate their hair loss, a common symptom seemed to be the burning scalp accompanying the prolonged shedding. If you're on finasteride and experience alot of shedding is there a time frame in which it's likely that you just aren't responding to the drug? Say you'd be on it for two or three months and you're losing hundred of hairs a day?

Man that stinks though, you make peace with the potential sexual side effects to save your hair and the thing you took to preserve your hai makes it worse

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read a few accounts where people who got on finasteride actually seemed to accelerate their hair loss, a common symptom seemed to be the burning scalp accompanying the prolonged shedding. If you're on finasteride and experience alot of shedding is there a time frame in which it's likely that you just aren't responding to the drug? Say you'd be on it for two or three months and you're losing hundred of hairs a day?

Man that stinks though, you make peace with the potential sexual side effects to save your hair and the thing you took to preserve your hai makes it worse
My DHT-Itch went crazy the first weeks after starting Finasteride, but it slowly faded away over the next few months and I was a very good responder afterwards.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My DHT-Itch went crazy the first weeks after starting Finasteride, but it slowly faded away over the next few months and I was a very good responder afterwards.

The itching is actually a lot better now most of the time. Atm i feel like Im in my 2nd big shedding period which also comes with more itching. It feels bad to see a lot of thick hairs go. 80% of them actually my longest, strongest and thickest. That's why it's so noticeable, even if I only shed for a few weeks.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The shedding is bad and I feel like sh*t.

12_02_2017.jpg

12_02_2017_1.jpg

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm supposed to visit some family members today but I don't feel like going at all because of my sh*t hair.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people have shedding in the winter time....

It does not look bad!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro your hair are spiked. it doesnt look bad . were you applying minoxidil to your mid scalp?

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the hair is wet it obviously looks like that.
Your status is actually better than mine I think.

Don't drop anything.

I just read an ancient success story of a guy who got horrible itch and shedding seven month into finasteride for two month and then great regrowth and maintained until today.

Also: I don't actually think the hair changes, it's just the perception. When I'm in a bad mood I take photos of spiked hair wet under a halogen spot and of course doomsday. On good days I take a favourable snapshot and it's good.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the hair is wet it obviously looks like that.
Your status is actually better than mine I think.

Don't drop anything.

I just read an ancient success story of a guy who got horrible itch and shedding seven month into finasteride for two month and then great regrowth and maintained until today.

Also: I don't actually think the hair changes, it's just the perception. When I'm in a bad mood I take photos of spiked hair wet under a halogen spot and of course doomsday. On good days I take a favourable snapshot and it's good.

I dropped minoxidil though. My hair isn't wet in those pictures, just styled with some wax.
But you're right, my mood plays a big role in how I feel about my hair.

JJ2017

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP have you considered changing the way you wear your hair? Not many people can pull off the spiked look past 16 and even people with thick hair tend to show scalp with their hair like that. I don't think your hair looks noticeably bad there, you're not doing yourself any favours with that style though

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP have you considered changing the way you wear your hair? Not many people can pull off the spiked look past 16 and even people with thick hair tend to show scalp with their hair like that. I don't think your hair looks noticeably bad there, you're not doing yourself any favours with that style though

Yea I had my hair cut down shorter because it's more convenient. But it didnt turn out the way I had in mind.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Still nice results man.

Why is everyone getting results with finasteride except me ... :-/

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend i dont think you should of dropped the minoxidil, I experienced the exact same thing you did. I was on Propecia with limited results hence i added in Minoxidil at the 8 month mark and got amazing growth. However after a year of being on minxodil my hair took a massive hit, i knew dropping minoxidil would not be a good idea so ive just been riding it out. Hair has improved since then although its no way near the initial growth i got when i started minoxidil, but its still above baseline. What i suggest, now that you have stopped minoxidil, is to ride our the post minoxidil shed and see if you get any improvement there after, if not restart minoxidil. You have to remember minoxidil is just a growth stimulant and it synchronizes hair cycles so periodic sheds are expected.

Edit-

Also bare in mind all your results were probably from minoxidil and not finasteride, as were mine. Finasteride tends to just stabilize your hair with limited regrowth.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend i dont think you should of dropped the minoxidil, I experienced the exact same thing you did. I was on Propecia with limited results hence i added in Minoxidil at the 8 month mark and got amazing growth. However after a year of being on minxodil my hair took a massive hit, i knew dropping minoxidil would not be a good idea so ive just been riding it out. Hair has improved since then although its no way near the initial growth i got when i started minoxidil, but its still above baseline. What i suggest, now that you have stopped minoxidil, is to ride our the post minoxidil shed and see if you get any improvement there after, if not restart minoxidil. You have to remember minoxidil is just a growth stimulant and it synchronizes hair cycles so periodic sheds are expected.

Edit-

Also bare in mind all your results were probably from minoxidil and not finasteride, as were mine. Finasteride tends to just stabilize your hair with limited regrowth.

Thanks for your input, but I'm pretty sure I got results from finasteride too. I'm glad I dropped Minoxidil, my body hair decreased so much already!
Anyway, the shedding seems to come to an end. The itching is almost gone too. I also noticed some "new" hair on my hairline and temples is finally getting a bit longer and thicker too. It's like 70% as thick as a terminal hair. Let's hope good thing will happen now.
I'm still taking 1.25mg/day consistently, and I have been for the last ~8.5 months.