Finasteride An Emotional Rollercoaster

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn man you are so lucky . Why i didnt have this result with propecia , f*** i am so jealous . You are also applying minoxidil ?
Did you got diffuse thinning or receding temple when you first started the meds ? because your temple look perfect in this last picture

I Apply Minoxidil only once a day, 45 min before I got to bed. I'm a diffuse thinner, during the shed I lost a lot of overall density. I never really had super bad temples, as you can see in the last picture they receded about 1cm/0,4inch, but that's regrowing now.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks alot darker too. my hair darkened up as well and now at almost 10 months the texture of my hair is getting more coarse and thicker

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
diffuse thinner seems to get great result with propecia. how minoxidil do you use? do you apply it to your temple? do you massage it? thx
Ans i saw in one of your previous post, that minoxidil cause you a lot of body and hand hypertrichosis , exactly like me . How is your situation now ? Do you solve this issue ?

Last edited:

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
diffuse thinner seems to get great result with propecia. how minoxidil do you use? do you apply it to your temple? do you massage it? thx
Ans i saw in one of your previous post, that minoxidil cause you a lot of body and hand hypertrichosis , exactly like me . How is your situation now ? Do you solve this issue ?

I apply it all over my scalp, 1ml. My body hair growth went into overdrive. It sucks especially growing hair on my back and shoulders. I didn't resolve it but I do care less now.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn for sure that sucks me too i have grown dark hair on my shoulder and back , before they were fine blond hair . same things for my hand , i had to pluck them it was ridiculous . It is 100 % minoxidil related , but i stick with the stuff , reducing my dose and hoping for the hypertichosis to reduce . One more issue to add to balding ( given the fact that i had totaly no body hair previously) , f*** this life .

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn for sure that sucks me too i have grown dark hair on my shoulder and back , before they were fine blond hair . same things for my hand , i had to pluck them it was ridiculous . It is 100 % minoxidil related , but i stick with the stuff , reducing my dose and hoping for the hypertichosis to reduce . One more issue to add to balding ( given the fact that i had totaly no body hair previously) , f*** this life .

Stay positive my man!

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on the results!

I started finasteride about the same time as you and I'm also a diffuse thinner and my hair line is looking just like yours. I got lots of little terminal hairs sprouting up and damn it feels good. I was lucky and never went through a shed tho (probably because I'm not using min), I just had a gradual decrease in shedding that's still continuing. Have you noticed a decrease in your shedding yet?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on the results!

I started finasteride about the same time as you and I'm also a diffuse thinner and my hair line is looking just like yours. I got lots of little terminal hairs sprouting up and damn it feels good. I was lucky and never went through a shed tho (probably because I'm not using min), I just had a gradual decrease in shedding that's still continuing. Have you noticed a decrease in your shedding yet?

Yea, I was actually about to make an update about the shedding. It has certainly decreased. This morning I used a brand new comb to style my hair and there were only 2 hairs in it when I checked. Before the comb would have been full of hair. Especially because I use minoxidil the night before, it tends to make my hair very sticky and the hairs will only come loose when I comb or wash it.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good job dude. Shedding is such a mindfuck.

Glad to hear you are coming out of it with a positive outcome. That much shedding must mean there are many many hairs ready to enter a stronger growth cycle so after a while you should really see the thickness come back and then some.

Good luck, keep us updated.

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A little update.

Things look quite decent, there hasn't been any extra regrowth since the last time I think. I'm not 100% sure. I do see more and more vellus hairs coming in.

Shedding seems to come down to an end now, at least the itching is gone, which is a good sign!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
that is funnt because my scalp itch way more after a shampoo . sometimes i tjought that was the awful dht itch , but it was more caused by the dryness of my scalp. That feeling was horrible while i did low dose of accutane last year

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and man you are lucky, you're hair look awesome. I am so unlucky to didnt respond to propecia . When i see result like you i am so jealous .
No offense to you but i started with less hairloss than you and now i am worst than you . Damn .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and all those who say that finasteride or propecia worsen hairloss are wrong . It can only help and you are a perfect exemple of this . How many hair do you lose when you wash you're hair now?
And damn i am sad , because i have to apply minoxidil and i know that it is only hiding the damage , and not curing the male pattern baldness.
In your case you can be happy, because you're hair are protected from the androgen. Do you still apply minoxidil all over you're scalp?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and man you are lucky, you're hair look awesome. I am so unlucky to didnt respond to propecia . When i see result like you i am so jealous .
No offense to you but i started with less hairloss than you and now i am worst than you . Damn .

Why did you stop if it can only help? I did shed a lot because of finasteride/minoxidil but that's over now. True regrowth will come in the next few months.

and all those who say that finasteride or propecia worsen hairloss are wrong . It can only help and you are a perfect exemple of this . How many hair do you lose when you wash you're hair now?
And damn i am sad , because i have to apply minoxidil and i know that it is only hiding the damage , and not curing the male pattern baldness.
In your case you can be happy, because you're hair are protected from the androgen. Do you still apply minoxidil all over you're scalp?

I don't watch my hairloss any more. I don't count. But still, I do notice I lose a lot less. When I run my hands through my hair 9 out of 10 times there's not a single strand of hair coming loose. I stopped giving a d*mn. Counting hairs is so damn stressful.
And yes, minoxidil once a day seems to work great for me.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why did you stop if it can only help? I did shed a lot because of finasteride/minoxidil but that's over now. True regrowth will come in the next few months.

I don't watch my hairloss any more. I don't count. But still, I do notice I lose a lot less. When I run my hands through my hair 9 out of 10 times there's not a single strand of hair coming loose. I stopped giving a d*mn. Counting hairs is so damn stressful.
And yes, minoxidil once a day seems to work great for me.

You are so lucky man. Ever since starting 4.5 months a go my hair is still thinning / miniturize very fast. It even increased the last month.

How is your situation right now?