Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have quit spironolactone, duta and estradiol, just not worth it tbh. Just on finasteride, oral min and topical+needling, im pretty much done with hardcore regimens with no real cosmetic difference.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only notable changes made going back a reasonable timeframe was back in mid October I added 1.25mg OM and 25mg bicalutamide, early in September I switched from oral estradiol to inejctions and added 18mg boron. Dropped spironolactone when I got on bica. Wasn't experiencing any side effects on OM (not even increased body hair) so in the last week-week and a half I've been doing 2.5mg OM. But there hasn't been enough time on that for it to have really had an effect (on the increased dose, I mean). Also a couple days ago I added 0.5% WAY-200070 to help promote longer anagen, but again not enough time has passed for that to be having an effect. Only other thing I've changed is really more of a lifestyle thing- went from using a centrum multivitamin to one from Life Extension like a month ago. Doubt that could be causing this however, just noting it for posterity's sake.

Kinda regretting changing so much at once because now if over the next few months I experience big changes I'll have zero idea what caused it.
My suspicion is likely oral minoxidil, it’s a growth stimulant and seems to do a good job at promoting growth in those shorter hairs. Obviously the increased dose isn’t quite responsible, but the fact you recently started it as opposed to not having it at all is probably the difference maker. It is super powerful and likely creates an exponential effect on your other treatments (perhaps the vasodilation allows more E, and etc, to reach the tissues).

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have quit spironolactone, duta and estradiol, just not worth it tbh. Just on finasteride, oral min and topical+needling, im pretty much done with hardcore regimens with no real cosmetic difference.
From what I’ve been seeing, it seems like E2 doesn’t really affect hair at 1-2mg, just causes sides and gyno. A dose of 4-6mg seems to be what provides results for hair. Bica seems to be the same way with its dosages. It appears that CPA is still somewhat effective at lower dosages though, but has pronounced sides (AnxiousAndy has results on it). spironolactone seems nearly useless, unless you are female then maybe it has somewhat of a synergistic effect with those particular sexual characteristics.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I’ve been seeing, it seems like E2 doesn’t really affect hair at 1-2mg, just causes sides and gyno. A dose of 4-6mg seems to be what provides results for hair. Bica seems to be the same way with its dosages. It appears that CPA is still somewhat effective at lower dosages though, but has pronounced sides (AnxiousAndy has results on it). spironolactone seems nearly useless, unless you are female then maybe it has somewhat of a synergistic effect with those particular sexual characteristics.

I wouldn't say spironolactone is completely useless, it has its place. I was taking 2mg estradiol, 200mg spironolactone and duta with no real hair benefits, my crown is still very thin. My hair is very important to me but i would like to keep it without being on a regimen that is too extreme tbh. On all those other meds my orgasms were pretty much non existant, still not recovered. If i can keep my hair and sexual health at the same time i would be happy. My hair is ultimately more important than orgasms though.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say spironolactone is completely useless, it has its place. I was taking 2mg estradiol, 200mg spironolactone and duta with no real hair benefits, my crown is still very thin. My hair is very important to me but i would like to keep it without being on a regimen that is too extreme tbh. On all those other meds my orgasms were pretty much non existant, still not recovered. If i can keep my hair and sexual health at the same time i would be happy. My hair is ultimately more important than orgasms though.
I tend to agree. My point is that, generally speaking, spironolactone is probably just a maintenance drug at best for most people. Individuals who are maintaining on finasteride+min shouldn't expect much from adding spironolactone. The most useful drug for a cis male (or anyone really) IMO is oral minoxidil, and is one of the few things that will almost always provide at least some degree of regrowth when added to a regimen. As far as a topical antiandrogen, there are several options. But RU or topical bica seem to be the most powerful to use topically, and it would seem that their systemic absorption is not very significant. From what I understand, spironolactone, on the other hand, is almost useless topically and should be used orally. I don't know what the reason is that people say that, but I wouldn't doubt it as we have lacked anecdotal evidence from topical spironolactone.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tend to agree. My point is that, generally speaking, spironolactone is probably just a maintenance drug at best for most people. Individuals who are maintaining on finasteride+min shouldn't expect much from adding spironolactone. The most useful drug for a cis male (or anyone really) IMO is oral minoxidil, and is one of the few things that will almost always provide at least some degree of regrowth when added to a regimen. As far as a topical antiandrogen, there are several options. But RU or topical bica seem to be the most powerful to use topically, and it would seem that their systemic absorption is not very significant. From what I understand, spironolactone, on the other hand, is almost useless topically and should be used orally. I don't know what the reason is that people say that, but I wouldn't doubt it as we have lacked anecdotal evidence from topical spironolactone.

I was thinking of trying ketoconazole before RU, i only apply minoxidil once at night, so twice a day RU application is not something i would like to try just yet unless it is far more effective.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying ketoconazole before RU, i only apply minoxidil once at night, so twice a day RU application is not something i would like to try just yet unless it is far more effective.
Either is worth trying. In any case, they will likely just reinforce maintenance. Are you planning for a transplant in the future?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Either is worth trying. In any case, they will likely just reinforce maintenance. Are you planning for a transplant in the future?

I have diffuse thinning crown that doesn't seem to respond well to treatments, there is also a spot i think may be scarring alopecia but im not sure, maybe it is just a difficult area to achieve regrowth.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have diffuse thinning crown that doesn't seem to respond well to treatments, there is also a spot i think may be scarring alopecia but im not sure, maybe it is just a difficult area to achieve regrowth.
If the area is slick then you could safely needle it pretty aggressively. If it's not then I would needle more conservatively.

Reactions: 300

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still had male pattern baldness itch on spironolactone and e2, but bicalutamide solved it in combination with dutasteride without noticable feminisation unlike e2. For me E2 to is WAY overrated atleast at 1.5-2mg, just got gyno and limp dick. On bicalutamide my libido is untouched and even elevated while getting tons of regrowth.

With oral min added 1 month ago im getting to nw0 judging by little hairs, even tho I consider nw0 ugly on male.
where do you get your oral minoxidil?

Xader

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still had male pattern baldness itch on spironolactone and e2, but bicalutamide solved it in combination with dutasteride without noticable feminisation unlike e2. For me E2 to is WAY overrated atleast at 1.5-2mg, just got gyno and limp dick. On bicalutamide my libido is untouched and even elevated while getting tons of regrowth.

With oral min added 1 month ago im getting to nw0 judging by little hairs, even tho I consider nw0 ugly on male.
How did you switched from CPA/spironolactone+E2 to Bicalutamide? Did you quit cold turkey? Then started bica after this?

Im wearing hair system to conceal my thin hairs but im still thinking about AA. Dutasteride/finasteride/Minoxidil doesnt work for me :/.

Fvgwnx

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello . I take 25 cpa and 1mg estradiol, I can see growths in my temples, but I have thinning all over my head. these growths they go all over the head? I write through google translation.

Fvgwnx

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
on the advice of a trichologist, I was on minoxidil for a year, this year it only got worse. I tried finasteride, his hair began to fly strongly from him. then I tried a bika from him, too, there was a hair fall. only cpa helped me stop the fallout. I regret that I did not get on this topic before, I wasted a lot of time.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
on the advice of a trichologist, I was on minoxidil for a year, this year it only got worse. I tried finasteride, his hair began to fly strongly from him. then I tried a bika from him, too, there was a hair fall. only cpa helped me stop the fallout. I regret that I did not get on this topic before, I wasted a lot of time.
Too much CPA, 12.5mg is enough for almost everyone too little Estrofem. finasteride sometimes comes with an initial shed, so as any hormone fluctuations. Be aware of your prolactin levels!

Last edited: