Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread need to be closed for further discussion. Individuals like this went too far and most of original posters are gone, and new ones dont even contribute to discussion of hairloss just talk about their f*****g dysphoria and other unrelated things. @Admin
You don't need to read the thread? Trannies and non-binaries can have hairloss too by the way.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cracked and its done.
I have perma sterilized myself like somebody else here. Im in a lot of pain.
At least my norwood genes don't get passed on to burden another generation.
I never considered myself 100% a man, and now I am a eunuch.
If this doesn't save me, then I have made a grave mistake.
I'm sorry you had to go through this in the way you did. If you're not on injections yet i strongly recommend you to switch to maintain stable hormone levels.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cracked and its done.
I have perma sterilized myself like somebody else here. Im in a lot of pain.
At least my norwood genes don't get passed on to burden another generation.
I never considered myself 100% a man, and now I am a eunuch.
If this doesn't save me, then I have made a grave mistake.
Well that's one way of doing it I suppose. I hope you feel ok, and no complications happen. I wish you and your hair the best :)

I might consider surgical castration myself in the long term, like in a few years time, but I'd never DIY it. Apparently I could get in on the NHS after I wait years for the gender clinic to see me and go through all the idiotic gatekeeping.

Snail

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if spironolactone causes permanent infertility in men? I have a tone of it but I'm hesitant to use it because I do intend to have a family eventually. I know it causes gyno, testicular atrophy and decreased sperm count while on the medication, but I can't find any info on the long term fertility effects.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if spironolactone causes permanent infertility in men? I have a tone of it but I'm hesitant to use it because I do intend to have a family eventually. I know it causes gyno, testicular atrophy and decreased sperm count while on the medication, but I can't find any info on the long term fertility effects.
It’s steroidal, I wouldn’t take my chances with it.

Gynobro237

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I am castrate, should I start taking mk 677 to increase igf1 along with microneedling.
I shouldn't have any issues since I've killed the root source of androgenic alopecia.
So if I used both mk 677 and microneedling shouldnt my hair get stronger every cycle?
I am also taking it to have larger breasts.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since I am castrate, should I start taking mk 677 to increase igf1 along with microneedling.
I shouldn't have any issues since I've killed the root source of androgenic alopecia.
So if I used both mk 677 and microneedling shouldnt my hair get stronger every cycle?
I am also taking it to have larger breasts.
I am afraid you haven't killed the root source, because there are more than one root source for T (I know of 3). Your castration suppressed one pathway to generate T (gonadal) but the adrenal production is still present. Castration chemical or physical won't block that one. if you are subject to Androgenetic Alopecia, you still need to worry about DHT in your scalp, castrated or not. You can increase igf-1 if you want to, and nothing has demonstrated that it's better for hair Having less igf-1 has proven to be bad for hair (igf-1 deficiency) but having more didn't show a better outcome for hair. There are anecdotal mentions of mk-677 to help with hair growth but these are no studies (MPMD claims his hair grow faster but he is the same dude who claims he had no results with topical E2!)

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
does it matter if it is steroidal or NSAA??
Int that case, it won't matter. NSAA just works differently. but procreating while on any AA is not recommended. Even 5AR inhibitors like Fina/Duta can cause issues.

The effects of the AA drugs on sperm production are reversible (spironolactone is terrible AA but it is still an AA) but it takes time to completely purge it out of your system. So to be safe, go freeze your sperm in a sperm bank.

Last edited:

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Int that case, it won't matter. NSAA just works differently. but procreating while on any AA is not recommended. Even 5AR inhibitors like Fina/Duta can cause issues.

The effects of the AA drugs on sperm production are reversible (spironolactone is terrible AA but it is still an AA) but it takes time to completely purge it out of your system. So to be safe, go freeze your sperm in a sperm bank.
I don't care about having children! But thanks for the information brother:)

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3+ years... hrt saved my life

20211111_164830.jpg