Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks a lot dude,just I have a question
how this man( https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...etate-androcur-diane-35-lotion-urgent.106109/ )regrow his hair with topical diane?
None of this is against you or involves so sorry if it seems we are talking around you. But as a non-doctor regularly giving HRT advice maybe for 30 hrs weekly on reddit and here, I see certain issues come up related to mysterious meds like progesterone. All we know is it increases late in pregnancy and seems associated somewhat with hair improvement and then quick return to status quo and "normal" hair but I use 200 mg to try it and for non-hair things like sleep but nobody knows if any human needs to supplement this med, MtF or not. Probably not. Like many things, users of p4 pop in and out and say interesting things but I don't hear four or five others saying that so to me, it's basically rumor and perhaps statistically the value of the experience is far higher than any associated changes.

One thing I stress is that most successful people on HRT for hair either expect it or suspect it might happen so they don't take pics. I knew at day one to take pics redundantly of everything without looking during phases like my shed. It's distressing so click and shoot or whatever but that's for later.

People say they see the same pics of mine too much. Do you realize that there are four other threads asking all but the same question? Do you realize that essentially no one has any pics at all from the past that are relevant and done long term. I have also noted on pic threads that people do the opposite of what I choose to making their pics for me essentially irrelevant except saying "nice". Why? Some. of my friends post what seem to be hundreds of pictures from say Date X with no context really so you see 400 pics of the same hair so you want enough pics but not overwhelming amounts because people mostly want to click and say hopefully to themselves, "wow Janey!? Why because I have those five or six contextual pics yes many now have seen over and over for quick comparison. Janey says she's back to close to 19 year old hair. Me? I am like hmm let's see if Janey exaggerates. I don't think that she does ever really. This personality is strangely above things in way that Will isn't because Will exists for sure, as a physical being but Janey might as well and what does that mean for the guys who are right that HRT is a huge step? It's incredibly difficult but not hair-wise. Whoever you are, Mr. XY Sir, if you run on little to nothing but estradiol then your issues are not reassigning. It's how those stereotypical or not associated personality aspects and metabolic aspects tie in with hair and how much that matters. That's why I seem to flip some times in my answers because different aspects are puzzling me at different times.

But I think as a general matter, most XY males cannot "process" the baggage successfully anyway so they use any amount of estrogen for three weeks assume breast growth and desist. So virtually no one conflicted like me related to self-definition should do this unless like me sort of, you are willing to be broken from top to bottom and start over. Janey takes meaning from works of art and often Fight Club. So if you want to change your life by having hair, then fine. But if you want to stay John Doe, then eh....

You guys are on here too much too but people can look and immediately see a compelling BandA which is what Bridge did. If some 22 year old guy posts 200 pics of great hair and great facial beauty that has different aspects of worth. But what I care about is seeing four to ten pics that immediately tell me. Okay here's unbelievable improvement historically, so what are they using and I evaluate the meds they take by scanning, memorizing with context and then moving on.

So If I post the same pics twice on the same thread then sorry. But I also have spoken to five different guys on there for 40 days maybe. I do forget what threads go back here and which just popped up but the reddit guys with less patience/patients say Read the f*****g Manual or RFTM and that's an aggressive act implying stupidity by the person asking. Wtf, I am Janey and I know google exists, this is esoteric/anecdotal so no a**h** either answer it or move on. People who say they own threads and then ask 40 people the same exact question are losing favor with me because I often sign my answers because of the thought and process I use. If you listen to Humpty Dumpty later then fine. I have hair and my methods as applied to most people are the same. I do have tweaks/secrets but those are for the person what's everything say like just temple areas say. One reason I put Goddess bless often is because most of my questions and observations are provocative because I read differing accounts all day and I get a feel for what's BS that way. I know the people who need hand holding regardless so first you have to help them take 1 mg of whatever and then proceed. If I say to them just start. They can't process that but some times I am short with the take finasteride last night and woke up in a brothel in Thailand. Now something like that happened to Janey related to her treatment but I don't take those questions seriously so best not to answer than to be snide with a newbie. I am far nicer than Will ever was. He was grumpy and short and a mean know it all. Somehow Janey is nicer and that's fascinating to me at least. Why wasn't Will reliably nice?

Best,
Janey
Will

Last edited:

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I added Cyclosporine A (at 0.1%) because the extensive research I ran on it points at a reasonable safety profile at such topical concentrations. Cyclo addresses many problems of the balding cascade: in addition to stimulation the Wnt pathway by inhibiting sFRP-1, it also provides direct suppression of interleukins which are further down the chain (they are produced as a reaction of an androgen binding de AR in a "male pattern baldness-sensitive" follicle). So, it is both a growth stimulant through Wnt as well as a preventive agent through inhibiting IL's. Some people are running WAY-316606 instead, but that compound only inhibits sFRP-1 (and does nothing to counteract IL's).
Hello. I want to believe that the Cyclo is able to solve the problem with baldness, but to be honest, I have not seen significant evidence of its effectiveness. How long have you been on Cyclo, are there any improvements?

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I want to believe that the Cyclo is able to solve the problem with baldness, but to be honest, I have not seen significant evidence of its effectiveness. How long have you been on Cyclo, are there any improvements?
None of this stuff works as far as I can see. Why not microneedle? Stacking things of questionable value is not effective with hair as it much be for body building.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ALightInTheDark said:
2+ Norwood I don't recall but 1 Norwood without side effect and total maintenance there is plenty of in private forum.
Also,there is only 2 to 3 people who is using Seti at 1.5/2g a day,and it started 2 months ago (westonci is part of it.)
Most of them use it at 100 to 500mg/day.
Clinical trials are at 1.5/2g a day.
Not everbody can afford that,you may have forget this little detail : seti is a new and money dependent drug.

And not everybody dermaroll 1.5mm every week with PGE2 etc etc. We're not all rich,and people who are,have less time than us,so they can't properly do the protocol.

Also Seti in comparaison of Fevi or Pullmagen is weak :)

And at what price ? Sexual side effects. No thanks,hair loss is already too much of a f*****g malediction to have another one.

You forget also one thing : not everyone is a good responder of fina and minoxidil,if it was the case, the sucess stories thread sould be full of NW1 ;)
Only few people manage to have astonashing results on big 3. Majority of people have just maintenance and for some it doesn't work.
Westonci appeared to have some improvement with seti but nothing too dramatic, he wasn't using a 5ar inhibitor though. Swiss was using dutasteride with the prostaglandin protocol, which according to the theory androgens increase pgd2, so it makes sense that if you don't use a 5ar inhibitor, you would need a high enough dose to "outrun" the pgd2 production from androgens.
There are many who use finasteride and minoxidil and get results for a couple years but eventually lose ground again, I believe this is also what happened to Swiss, his last photo he posted in my opinion looked worse than the previous photo and he hasn't updated his blog in years, he also claimed to be close to his juvenile hairline but after never showed pics from enough distance to show it.
The only evidence for the prostaglandin method I've seen so far is from Swiss and Westconli but that doesn't satisfying prove it would cause long term healthy anagen hair growth.. Minoxidil if used alone also regrows hair, sometimes for months or years but it's well known that if you don't take drugs to alter your hormones, then genetics eventually catch up again.. So, how can we know that the same thing doesn't happen with the PGD2 theory?
Swiss even often recommended not using Keto shampoo because keto reduces Pge2. Lol

Swooping had some interesting viewpoints throughout this thread ---> https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/19018-Setipiprant/page11

I agree Hair is a multi angled approach.and maybe pdg2 inhibitors/ pge2 could be a part of a non-feminizing solution someday. but alone it is not the cure. PGD2 is not the only thing bad for hair an PGE2 is not the only thing good for hair. I doubt its the sole reason for balding. theres other negative growth factors too, Tgfb, dkk-1, oxidative stress, IFN-gamma, etc.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting about having both Telogen Effluvium and male pattern baldness at the same time:

McThin said:
Havnt got my dht levels tested yet. My hair loss was sudden and rapid and only happened on top of my head. Just recently got my testosterone tested and i was well below the average on that. Im getting hormones and dht tested soon ive been all out of whack lately i lost a good percentage of my hair in 3 months. My hair line is still very thick but my pattern is very thin in certain areas on my head its weird and sucks haha
I really hope you just have telogen effluvium. but about 95% of hairloss cases are AndrogeneticAlopecia. and its possible to have both. your T is low so its possible that your Estrogen is low too because E is made from T. It's also possible that its low due to alot of it being converted to DHT. only way to find out though is with more bloodtests, and check for all those things that Georgie mentioned. Keep in mind the time of the day that you get blood drawn too, usually Testosterone is at its highest peak in the morning and gradually goes down throughout the day. It's why men often get morning wood.

youth is more valuable than gender.
an enemy of hair is an enemy of mine.
Like Quote Reply
Reactions:McThin, Choi Han Kyul and Georgie

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHTpolice said:
Great progress! Do you attribute that regrowth to Diane 35 or Minoxidil?
And how much do you take?
Um, maybe diane because I had already switched to oral minoxidil a while ago and I saw a big boost after trying diane. but maybe the
minoxidil just happened to kick in at the same time, I don't know. I take 10mg oral minoxidil.

WTS3 said:
I figured we could form a gang and all sit on the side of the road sippin beer while sayin "yep"
ahahahahaaaha, lets do it.

WTS3 said:
Also,your results are so inspiring in terms of regrowth that it makes me want to try your regimen but fear of sides puts me off. Congratulations by the way
thanks, and be very careful. if you care about masculinity then sides are brutal. I waited a long time before starting any real treatment so i think an extreme regimen is required for me to revive temples which were completely barren for nearly a decade. maybe you could try dutasteride next, give it some time and maybe try spironolactone after that. if the sides are bad stop, have some raloxifene on hand just in case.

Like Quote Reply
Reactions:Jesse Navarro, WTS3 and DHTpolice

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridge apparently used to dermaroll which I had forgotten about. Someone struggling should go through the Bridge parts and copy him day by day or month by month or whatever. I get new things from his part every time I read them.

Choi Han Kyul said:
I should gain some growth if I stop plucking my hairs all the time and hoping that 2mm dermapen did not f*** me over i.e. killed my follicle forever.
probably ypu should be ok. I used to dermaroll.
59209-8df7d2a6fe12081f2a23a4f32b918854.jpg

it didnt seem to help, hair got thinner after this pic.

Like Quote Reply
Reactions:Choi Han Kyul and DHTpolice

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The MtF method has its own Big Three and probably all anyone needs. I think Oral Min can be reduced later. I am down to maybe 3mg daily and most sides are relenting:

Georgie said:
You’re also still on Dutasteride, Cypro, 10mg oral minoxidil?
Not on cypro anymore, just dutasteride, oral minoxidil, and E.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know Noah is purportedly doing better than this person after stopping E2 but here's an entry about that. Half the questions that come up, Bridge dealt with and not much has changed in four years. Strange how he left right when I started but only found his thread later:

Devop911 said:
Hey you seem to bei Well educated and answers in my own thread are really rare.

I am a NW5 stabilized and grow a Bit of new Hair with finasterid 1.25mg/daily.

I want better results.

There ist the theory that finasteride works better on lower Norwoods. So Iam asking my self.

What Happens If i Go the aggressive Route with HRT and finasteride to get regrowth for about 6 months and Then Stop HRT.

IT would bei gorgeous to maintain a nw3 or 4 Then with minoxidil and finasteride only.

I know its a high risk and Nobody recommends it but what do you think ist there a good result possible?
I think if you stop you'll lose again.

I found someone on reddit who did something similiar. and it didn't work.
screenshot_20180103-021218-jpg.jpg

of course though you can try if you want but don't stop all of sudden that always causes a shed and not in a good way, i think gradually reducing will be better.
you might consider going longer than 6 months, how much you will regrow depends on how long you've been bald and how well you respond. I think that minoxidil speeds up the HRT results, of course people can regrow without it but it might take longer to get to the same level. But you are not trying to recover temple hair so it might be easier. it might be difficult to stop right when your hair starts looking good, lol.
maybe starting minoxidil a little bit before stopping Hrt can help counteract the hairloss caused by stopping? at least for awhile until the hairloss catches up again

also, if you take high enough estrogen then there is the possibility of testicular atrophy and your T production won't return to normal or it will take a long time after stopping. probably youll have a better chance of not losing again if that happens. but i dont think thats what you want to happen lol.

Like Quote Reply

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HRT with and without Androgens/Oral Min tendencies:

HillTopLumber said:
Wow man youre an inspiration, what do you think was the main medication that helped increase your density so much, the antiandrogens or the Estradiol?
Im not even taking an anti androgen for more than 2 months and still gaining. I think estrogen is more in important long term but maybe the minoxidil can give more immediate results. and its really the combination which is great. but i have seen some amazing regrowth using antiandrogen approach without minoxidil so i know it is possible, but some probably need the extra boost of minoxidil.
minoxidil will lose effectiveness without changing hormones and your hair eventually matches your hormone profile. it didnt stop my chest hair from falling out although it temporary grew them faster before they thinned. but i think minoxidil will keep continuing to work as long as there are no male hormones to antagonize it.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For S, Almas and Others.

I think this Barbie Doll person is female. Used to be on here all of the time. Nothing worked for this person apparently.

HillTopLumber said:
I kinda lean towards the Estradiol having the most effect. I read that Estradiol is extremely effective in the frontal part of the scalp, menstrual women regain a lot of density there from EE or E.

minoxidil is effective as hell on the crown, but recently it is failing me, I lost most of my crown for no reason it seems, hopefully oral minoxidil could make it effective again and maybe have effects on other areas of the scalp, that is ofcourse if my shipment from inhouse ever arrives and customs don't send me to jail :oops:

I see from your regime you only take 2.5 mg oral minoxidil, why not take 10 if you are a responder?
I have upped it recently to 5mg and I also use the 5% all over my scalp with RU. Plus I have started taking avodart daily, AND I’m on the pill. sh*t just keeps getting worse for me sadly. I’m considering taking supplemental estrgoen but it does scare me. My crown/the top of my head is getting so thin now that my part is unnaturally Wide. Theoretically all that minoxidil, plus estrogen/progesterone, RU and dutas should be a sure thing but I’m yet to see any signs of improvement.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every entry by Bridge seems full of interesting things. This completes the circle but it might explain why estrogens/EE don't work for everyone and why at times they might have "reverse effects:

Georgie said:
Taking extra Diane would literally be like taking cancer, which my family has a history of. So it’s all well and good to pump up my estrogen but it doesn’t do much good if I end up with cancer, because then not only am I bald, but I’m bald with cancer. Probably far more sh*t. I’m more tempted to get some E2, cut it in half and just add an additional 1mg a day, that’s still 45mg of etrodiol which is insane.
yeah better safe than sorry, please don't get cancer. btw, I found something weird about breast cancer. estrogen can cause it and usually the treatment is to reduce/ block E in the breast.. but apparently taking even more estrogen can treat it too?!!

"Estrogens are responsible for breast development and, in relation to this, are strongly implicated in the development of breast cancer.[32][33]In addition, estrogens stimulate the growth and accelerate the progression of ER-positive breast cancer.[34][35] In accordance, antiestrogenslike the selective estrogen receptor modulator(SERM) tamoxifen, the ER antagonist fulvestrant, and the aromatase inhibitors (AIs) anastrozole and exemestane are all effective in the treatment of ER-positive breast cancer.[36][37][38] Antiestrogens are also effective in the prevention of breast cancer.[39][40][41]

Paradoxically, HIGH-DOSE ESTROGEN THERAPY IS EFFECTIVE IN THE TREATMENT OF BREAST CANCER AS WELL and has about the same degree of effectiveness as antiestrogen therapy, although it is far less commonly used due to adverse effects.[42][43] The usefulness of high-dose estrogen therapy in the treatment of ER-positive breast cancer is attributed to a bimodal effect in which high concentrations of estrogens signal breast cancer cells to undergo apoptosis, in contrast to lower concentrations of estrogens which stimulate their growth.[42][43]"

Like Quote Reply
Reactions:Georgie

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of this stuff works as far as I can see. Why not microneedle? Stacking things of questionable value is not effective with hair as it much be for body building.
I conducted microneedling in small courses (for several months) but I couldn't tell the difference between before and after.
The last time I endured 4 months and did not see the result. I canceled it more than a month ago and probably won't go back to it, I just don't see the point in forcing myself to no avail. However, I have seen many good results with microneedling, but unfortunately it does not work for me.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I conducted microneedling in small courses (for several months) but I couldn't tell the difference between before and after.
The last time I endured 4 months and did not see the result. I canceled it more than a month ago and probably won't go back to it, I just don't see the point in forcing myself to no avail. However, I have seen many good results with microneedling, but unfortunately it does not work for me.
I did it once in a salon but only on my face. On the scalp, I see it didn't work for you. but I think it gets easier as collagen induction increases and you have more of a fatty barrier or whatever. I just happened to start microneedling right when I upped my HRT regime and then did oral min at 25 mg for say nine months so it's hard to separate things out but even the temples are filling in which seems to only occur for some. Since I only use a roller, I would still try that and maybe try longer needles. It will get easier but Bridge only did it for a while apparently and stopped before his famous "call out to my fellow brothers in arms, er baldness...."

I just went to Roy Rogers and there's a college age kid with long hair and we were discussing the pluses and burdens of having long hair as his was still longer and straighter than mine. Mine is curly/wavy which seems to make one look younger, boyish curls or is it boyish girls she says....

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral doses of 25 mg are cool. I have hypertrichosis on 5mg.
It's cool to try something at the margins. Even for those of us/me who don't push dosage limits, when others do, it provides useful information for honing our own protocols. That's why I try to report and separate out when possible, all of the treatments in my protocol.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your progress looks really inspiring, @kaiman . If I had even half of the hair you have I would be so happy. I hope your hair becomes even better in the future :) .

CPA seems to be becoming a more realistic option for me from day to day. I got less then two weeks until I arrive in the UK, so I got some time to decide. As to the Estrogel shortage, yeah, wtf is going on? Even Otokonoko who make their own are out, this is really weird. Thankfully, I did find some online pharmacies that do have it. I'll PM you with the link to the website I use to check out HRT.
Sorry. Janey cornered the market as they say. What do I hear for one tube they says.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to be female, but I don't mind being a male. I'm not sure if this is actual dysphoria or whatever but I don't see myself ever passing as an attractive woman even with surgeries so I'd rather give up. Your plan seems pretty much perfect, I would do that too but it would pain me to see feminine traits the mirror but not being completely feminine.

1) Literally less than 2 weeks, my temples started growing vellus hairs
2) Not sure, I didn't really pay attention to it.
3) I used 1mg fina before I started duta (didn't change for a specific reason)

I'm not at all influenced by the "ywnbaw" thing, I just know that I can not reach the point that I myself would be happy with my hrt results. I am convinced that I could pass as an under average/average woman but I would not be happy with how I look most likely. I'm just gonna enjoy my life, spend the money I had saved for transplants/ffs on traveling and drugs and die a happy man

Janey doesn't give up, juney does :)
Aw gawd this is so sad for me to read. I can't even imagine having given up to revert to being a guy, but then I've always had severe gender dysphoria, so you might be very different in that regard. I will say, though, that I thought at one point I wouldn't have the chance at passing, so things might turn out better than you think if you stick with it.