Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it is a powerful aromatase inhibitor, wrecked my hair. I would opt for something like ralox instead if you have gyno you want to deal with, far safer for hair.
I would never touch an aromatase imhibitor I did once and it absolutely Destroyed my hair faster than anything ever.
Aww ok, nah never heard of it Janey so can’t give my opinion on it.
So u have all that muscle all while on dutasteride without out roids ? That gives me hope. Especially if my dht only drops by 15 percent.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would never touch an aromatase imhibitor I did once and it absolutely Destroyed my hair faster than anything ever.

So u have all that muscle all while on dutasteride without out roids ? That gives me hope. Especially if my dht only drops by 15 percent.
Yeah see I’ve heard this happening to a lot of people, I used Arimidex for roughly a year with no issues for hair. I’m not going to lie man my body’s changed alot since dropping steroids and crushing my test and dht.

it really all depends on what’s more important your hair or muscles for me it’s my hair lol.

what you using atm?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hope of what? Do you mean you are now going on Dutasteride because that is probably a good idea as opposed to a treatment composed of aromatic and not-so-aromatic oils.....

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah see I’ve heard this happening to a lot of people, I used Arimidex for roughly a year with no issues for hair. I’m not going to lie man my body’s changed alot since dropping steroids and crushing my test and dht.

it really all depends on what’s more important your hair or muscles for me it’s my hair lol.

what you using atm?
Not in anything besides topical Keto and piroctamine olamine

are you on oral or topical duta?

that photo u posted doesn’t seem to show it crushed ur test at all

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not in anything besides topical Keto and piroctamine olamine

are you on oral or topical duta?

that photo u posted doesn’t seem to show it crushed ur test at all
I’m on oral dutasteride mate it’s been roughly 3 years maybe slightly longer. Used finasteride before for a year then i lost more ground. Here my chest before i decided hair was more, injecting over 1gram of test a week and dht derivatives lol.

id say dust is a great idea for anyone catching hairloss early!

Attachments

• 8C3AC829-1038-4075-B836-5AB1B3B40613.png
    8C3AC829-1038-4075-B836-5AB1B3B40613.png
    415.8 KB · Views: 176

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m on oral dutasteride mate it’s been roughly 3 years maybe slightly longer. Used finasteride before for a year then i lost more ground. Here my chest before i decided hair was more, injecting over 1gram of test a week and dht derivatives lol.

Hollyshit bro. I would be happy with half ur gains. I am gonna go topical. my hairloss isn’t too aggressive. If It works and only lowers dht by 20 percent I’d probably benefit from the higher anabolic profile.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Remember the line from Seinfeld about his being a breast or "leg" man and he said "breasts. I have legs."

So here the answer is hair is better than muscles because even chicks have muscles but pretty much they all have hair.

I love puttering and tinkering around with my meds and hormone levels because my meds all pretty much actually work but I do not know how you guys go forward using one or two experimental meds that do little or nothing. Stacking 20 of them still won't produce results comparable to Steve's or Janey's results says Will. Not even close. You end up in that mind-set where you refuse to yank deformed hair and you see peach fuzz as being really helpful to decrease the look and shine of baldness in the crown. And you still end up disheveled every f*****g time the wind blows adds Janey. If I can't have Mick Jagger hair circa 1968-1972 then what's the point? Plus I can still look like Roger Waters' hair now which is pretty amazing for 77 or however old he is.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember the line from Seinfeld about his being a breast or "leg" man and he said "breasts. I have legs."

So here the answer is hair is better than muscles because even chicks have muscles but pretty much they all have hair.

I love puttering and tinkering around with my meds and hormone levels because my meds all pretty much actually work but I do not know how you guys go forward using one or two experimental meds that do little or nothing. Stacking 20 of them still won't produce results comparable to Steve's or Janey's results says Will. Not even close. You end up in that mind-set where you refuse to yank deformed hair and you see peach fuzz as being really helpful to decrease the look and shine of baldness in the crown. And you still end up disheveled every f*****g time the wind blows adds Janey. If I can't have Mick Jagger hair circa 1968-1972 then what's the point? Plus I can still look like Roger Waters' hair now which is pretty amazing for 77 or however old he is.
Only way these drugs are gonna work is increasing steroid production. What happens often is the drugs lead to lower dht and lower test and lower steroid production overall. Lower steroid production means lower estrogen. Not good. U need substrate.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only way these drugs are gonna work is increasing steroid production. What happens often is the drugs lead to lower dht and lower test and lower steroid production overall. Lower steroid production means lower estrogen. Not good. U need substrate.
I don't know what that means but my E2 levels tend to be off the charts and the other secret is that for many, estradiol is simply a far better life experience than the adult male one. Instead of feeling driven, I am mellow and high levels of estradiol just feel good. Hair is not just hair but I want cis-female/teen boy hair and it is within reach plus my hair is the longest ever, even back in the swinging 70's where long hair was in until Reagan got elected and everybody started going for the Beatles' original look or even shorter.

I know of exactly ZERO male meds that promote anagen to the extent that the hair looks better long than short so even if there were some sort of "cure", it might not be even noticeable unless anagen is turned up noticeably say like 3.33 times compared to adult cis-males. Nothing on the male side for those under 22 roughly will ever promote looking good with long hair unless their fringe hair is totally unaffected and non-diffuse in character to begin with like say Sting. It all seems like a lot of work to me with very little payback on the male side except no, nobody wants to have scalp showing regardless.

At a certain point a person says to herself, I have hair and why do I care even if anyone else does, in the abstract. Well, going bald is simply horrible for everyone but I mostly stay on the oral min and HRT threads because I like going with winners now, not winners in 2042 or whenever the pigs start rolling down the line....

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what that means but my E2 levels tend to be off the charts and the other secret is that for many, estradiol is simply a far better life experience than the adult male one. Instead of feeling driven, I am mellow and high levels of estradiol just feel good. Hair is not just hair but I want cis-female/teen boy hair and it is within reach plus my hair is the longest ever, even back in the swinging 70's where long hair was in until Reagan got elected and everybody started going for the Beatles' original look or even shorter.

I know of exactly ZERO male meds that promote anagen to the extent that the hair looks better long than short so even if there were some sort of "cure", it might not be even noticeable unless anagen is turned up noticeably say like 3.33 times compared to adult cis-males. Nothing on the male side for those under 22 roughly will ever promote looking good with long hair unless their fringe hair is totally unaffected and non-diffuse in character to begin with like say Sting. It all seems like a lot of work to me with very little payback on the male side except no, nobody wants to have scalp showing regardless.

At a certain point a person says to herself, I have hair and why do I care even if anyone else does, in the abstract. Well, going bald is simply horrible for everyone but I mostly stay on the oral min and HRT threads because I like going with winners now, not winners in 2042 or whenever the pigs start rolling down the line....
The long term affects of seriously f*****g with hormones and blood pressure like that could lead to an earl death tho

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am reading some very exciting things on treeless. Topical duta may be the holy grail solution for most of us with the most minimal sides. There a really good chance it will offer us maintenance possibly forever. Technically as long as u use it. It should continue to be effective almost permanently.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's really not correct. MtF's do this in the millions and longevity goes up, not down. It's testosterone that's linked to early death from heart disease and prostate cancer. Our breast cancer risk goes up slightly but not as much as a cis-female. There are risks to everything and being bald is definitely something that can lead to depression, attempts at suicide and death. I was done as a balding male and had nothing to look forward to and HRT has rocked my world essentially like some sort of Ponce de Leon med to the point that it astonishes me how much younger I look and particularly without my wig for some reason, I look extra young. I have all of my representative pics posted since 2015 and I have tons of pics of all aspects and physical changes from HRT. HRT is worth it alone, just for the amazing health benefits but shhh because so our MtF ranks are going to be overloaded with people who are only marginally dysphoric at all and the just in it for the hair, XY group that continues to grow.

In terms of HRT being a sin, well, that's ridiculous to call taking endocrine medications a sin but people used to try to convert me to Christianity when I still wasn't close to passing. I mean this is just about the coolest thing anyone could do. It's science fiction; it's Freaky Friday and when it all comes together it can be mind-blowing in terms of developing a new personality. I hope to do some writing on this but basically this is the highlight of my life by far, not counting births and weddings and those sorts of things.

YMMV

Janey
Fair. But what about the oral minoxidil u are using. Aren’t u worried this will cause some damage. In my opinion minoxidil is by the most dangerous of them all. I am deathly scared of using it.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

When did you use an AI, have you recovered from it?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any of you notice on finasteride how much ur alcohol tolerance goes up? I rememeber the year on fina I could drink so much ans barely get drunk def related to the allopregnolone no doubt

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See! If you miss a day on Hair Loss Talk you miss out on recommendations not to use finasteride if one wants to get wasted easily anymore. Maybe that's why I lost my taste for alcohol after HRT says she. You made my day with this post:)
Haha. Nice welcome.
Any of u have any idea why duta would lose effectiveness over timee??

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's really not correct. MtF's do this in the millions and longevity goes up, not down.
To be fair tho, most mtfs have their regimen and e levels monitored as to not exceed a certain threshold. Longterm supraphysioloical levels can increase a number of risks, including overall body inflammation response and likewise the potential for anything autoimmune mediated. Not to mention, having off the charts e2 levels likely has your shbg similarly off the charts. And if you already have low T, then it's just mopping up e2, giving you potentially less active e2 than having a more nominal level. Granted I say all this not knowing what your trough levels actually are, just basing it on the "off the chart" statement. I used to think the more E the better, but I think there's a more beneficial middle ground than just higher levels

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't really make sense in terms of how we think dutasteride works. It just seemed to happen around age 50 and at that point, it's like free-fall without major intervention. Maybe receptors become exhausted or maybe DHT is there all of the time synthesizing itself and just waiting to pounce and maybe toleration just kicks it pretty quickly even though it might be three to five years before we notice that dutasteride is no longer working and then it's too late. It felt like Will just dropped off a cliff looks-wise in general around that age and I have seen other guys look fantastic until say 40 and then that implodes. I especially notice it on XX's who have been alcoholics or drug abusers and they can easily look 30 years older than they are.
I winder when it does stop losing effectiveness what that actually means in terms of the hair physiology. Perhaps the hair miniturization stops still but what happens the hairs go completely dormant.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

This is my first post on Hairlosstalk, sorry for it's length but I need to put in the more important information to paint the big picture. I found out about this forum from Reddit and this thread caught my attention, I spent the last week reading most of it. I am a 24 year old male with a history of aggressive androgenic alopecia running in my family, my grandfather was bald in his early 30s, my father even earlier, he lost most of his hair in his mid 20s.

Back to me, I started balding at the age of 17, my mom noticed my hair getting thinner and it started shedding a lot. At 18 my temples started receding, and at 20 I was already somewhere between NW2-NW3. At the time I didn't give much thought to it as I was raised in a small town in a pretty conservative country (Eastern Europe) with pretty rigid gender norms, and I thought nothing could be done about it. I was also in a pretty dark place at the time, I had an addiction to horrible fetish p**rn and masturbation, hateful social views, low self esteem (bordering on self hatred) and I was trying to fit in to the ideal masculine male box. All this was caused by my family constantly putting me down and the rigid gender roles and bullying throughout my school years for not fitting into them. (I never liked competitive sports, fighting with other boys, casual sex, partying etc. I also have a pretty feminine body for a male and I am highly sensitive, I cry a lot, get emotional over small things like pretty flowers, cute animals etc.)

All this led me to believe I am worse then others, weak, worthless so I stared escaping into p**rn and masturbation, video games, alcohol. After I finished high school I tried to force myself to fit more into the masculine ideal, I stared lifting, drinking with strangers, hating on gays, trans people, other nationalities, basically I became a typical young male of my country. But that was all fake, I was depressed, I had little real friends, I never had a romantic relationship since even in my darkest days I was repulsed by casual sex, and I could not find anybody who I had true feelings for.

When I was 22 I got into spirituality after a few weird events in my life that set me on a path of introspection that lasted for the next two years. I stopped drinking, cut down the p**rn use and masturbation to zero, admitted to myself that I am not straight, (It's pretty complicated but if I had to label myself I would call myself a Panromantic Asexual/Demisexual.) got rid of my hateful views, embraced myself fully as who I am, not who I was pretending to be. I also changed my lifestyle to a more healthy one. My self esteem went up and everything is getting better. Everything but two things, my balding, and my body ageing, becoming more masculine. Thankfully after my lifestyle changes and natural supplementation my balding has slowed down a lot during the last two years, but it's still bad, currently sitting between NW3-NW4, and it's starting to bother me a lot, in fact it's ruining my mood all the time.

This is why I decided to write my first post here. Since I changed my lifestyle, I lost a lot of weight, my body is still pretty feminine, and I want to keep it that way as long as I can. After a lot of introspection I came to the conclusion that while I'm probably not fully trans (I have no problem with having a male body, penis, being referred to as a male etc.) I do not like some masculine body features like body and facial hair, the testosterone fueled sex drive and aggression, and most of all balding. Since my spiritual awakening, I know for a fact that there is more then this life on Earth, and man made concepts like gender roles don't really matter to me any more, so I'm willing to do anything to get my hair to grow back as fast as possible. I have seen a private dermatologist and they basically tried to scam me into expensive PRP sessions, beside that they proposed Finasteride and Minoxidil, and they told me that even with that I will still go bald during the next 10 years and that nothing can stop it. After reading through this thread I now know that there is hope with AAs and HRT. The only things stopping me at this point are living with my mum in my conservative country (Will not be a problem soon, I am moving to the UK in the next 2-3 weeks.) and the threat of gyno, I'm not 100% sure I want to fully accept it.

This is why I got a few questions, since people in this thread have a lot of experience with these extreme regimens.

1. If I wanted to avoid gyno as much as possible, could some AA, Fina/Duta and something like Raloxifene work for hair regrowth while avoiding gyno? I also want to avoid Minoxidil as it makes hair dependent on it plus oral could give me more body hair which I don't really like.

2. If I do decide to go on HRT what is the best combination of AAs and Estrogen for a starting regimen?

3. What is the best place to order the meds from, something not too expensive as I am not exactly rich? I doubt any doctor would prescribe me anything more then Fina, and I don't want to pretend to be trans, as although I have become very tolerant, I don't like some things about the trans movement (Mainly that it's being pushed by corporations and politicians), plus I want to avoid the official medical system and much as possible as I have pretty anarchistic views and don't want to rely on the system and doctors who either don't care (They ruined my mom's health) or try to scam people.

Thank you for reading my long and boring story, if anybody is interested I can post a few pictures of my hair, maybe its not as bad as I think, but my family history has me very worried.

PS. Before anybody says this, I am aware of the side effects of AAs and HRT and I don't really care. The only thing that concerns me is gyno, I don't care about my dick not working or losing my "masculinity" whatever that's supposed to mean.

Last edited:

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you use estradiol breast growth is unavoidable.

Question for yall do you think its possible to apply dht or some how upregulate 5ar in the scrotum or penis area with a topical without suppression?

my biggest concern using duta topical isnt serum dht going down. Its penis dht going down. So i figure if i could just apply something down there to counter i would be good to go