Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use standard dosage E, giving it a shot every 2 weeks. My minimum E on the last day is 200 pg / ml (maybe it will go up to 250), and T is 35. Not the lowest level, but not bad. Perhaps I will raise E to lower it even more. E level at its peak is presumably above 1000.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't agree with that as I went to low (86) estradiol and mid-male testosterone after about two years of continuous estradiol treatment with high estradiol (~250) very low testosterone (~16).

My balls haven't shrunk and the recent increase in testosterone mostly returned all functionality. I guess a few more months would revert everything but boobs and even then lowering estrogen shrunk them a bit. Remember this is still with female level estradiol.
This is optimistic, however we have no research on this topic. I think everything will be all right with my T, I will take tests.
That's right. It not only takes time but also it's one thing making a theory (IMO in this case mostly based on hearsay) and another one dropping it when it doesn't immediately give strong indications of working.
Your statement is based on hearsay, I never gave up my words and often attached links to research

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for @JaneyElizabeth

Hi jany, just wanted to say you are an amazing resource on this forum, and I also appreciate your eloquent writing style.

Was hoping to ask you a question which may or may not have been addressed already, but there are so many comments that I sometimes get lost in the details.

I am a 55 y/o cis-male. I started to lose my hair at 16 and have been a diffuse NW7 for at least the past 30 years, but for a small frontal patch.

Being diffuse I have noticed some thinning both on my nape and sides. In fact my sides have retreated somewhat.

Start finasteride 2 years ago. Added dutasteride/min 1 year ago.

Noticed some regrowth on my crown this past year, but my sides and nape continue to thin.

At the 2 year mark started 2mg estradiol daily plus topical estrogel every few days.

Do not know if it has helped but I started get breast pain so reduced estradiol to 2 times per week.

I judge my thinning on sides and back by rubbing my hands through it. I typically get 10s of hair everytime I do it.

The only thing that seems to halt hairloss from sides snd back, almost instantly is topical melatonin, but I have not seem any regrowth yet.

My questions:

1. Is there any way I can increase my feminising drugs with growing any breasts? Breasts have only grown slightly so far but the ongoing pain worries me. Btw, no lasting sexual sides.

2. Is there anything you know of that can help with sides and neck?

Many thanks

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for @JaneyElizabeth

Hi jany, just wanted to say you are an amazing resource on this forum, and I also appreciate your eloquent writing style.

Was hoping to ask you a question which may or may not have been addressed already, but there are so many comments that I sometimes get lost in the details.

I am a 55 y/o cis-male. I started to lose my hair at 16 and have been a diffuse NW7 for at least the past 30 years, but for a small frontal patch.

Being diffuse I have noticed some thinning both on my nape and sides. In fact my sides have retreated somewhat.

Start finasteride 2 years ago. Added dutasteride/min 1 year ago.

Noticed some regrowth on my crown this past year, but my sides and nape continue to thin.

At the 2 year mark started 2mg estradiol daily plus topical estrogel every few days.

Do not know if it has helped but I started get breast pain so reduced estradiol to 2 times per week.

I judge my thinning on sides and back by rubbing my hands through it. I typically get 10s of hair everytime I do it.

The only thing that seems to halt hairloss from sides snd back, almost instantly is topical melatonin, but I have not seem any regrowth yet.

My questions:

1. Is there any way I can increase my feminising drugs with growing any breasts? Breasts have only grown slightly so far but the ongoing pain worries me. Btw, no lasting sexual sides.

2. Is there anything you know of that can help with sides and neck?

Many thanks
Thanks for the nice words.

You are only a year behind me and 55 was when I really knew that HRT was working. I have tried to work breast considerations in terms of wanting small ones to none and it's quite complex but basically, in my view, you have to accept the risk of having significant breast growth for HRT to work on hair. It's a very fine balancing attack but I finally think I know why people meaning XY's haven't cracked the code so to speak related to estradiol and breast growth.

When I started out my hopes were for a low-estradiol solution and I still wasn't sure that I wanted to accept breast growth in exchange for hair. But here's the basic conundrum for males. Hair restoration appears to require either more time or higher dosing than does breast growth, i.e. you can't get to the really good hair without at least passing through the breast growth phase. I do think that using Estrogel on the scalp might increase effectiveness by letting it fight T and its derivatives at the follicle level but mostly, hair regrowth seems to come from systemic estradiol.

The second issue is that if you want to avoid breast growth, then just lowering dosage to a lower therapeutic dosage is likely not to work and instead causes more breast development. One of the major if not the major MtF issue has to do with DIY'ers using far too much estrogen too fast, which ironically might cause less development not more. Slow titrated low dose estradiol is best for breast growth but not necessarily for hair (or face). People differ but my hair and facial "results" were far after I had looked female below the neck for a couple of years. It makes my progress pics seem deceiving because for hair, you photograph the face and scalp. So in 2019, for example, none of my pics look very feminine at all but I was definitely seeing huge changes but how to get the "results" above the neck and finally those came.

In terms of the utility of topicals on scalp, I still think about this because Estrogel/Biestro were so key to my own recovery but especially with the Biestro, I was using very large amounts as a DIY'er and I did seem to improve my hair in the short-run from Biestro but it was again, probably the systemic estradiol that hit the spot. Ironically when I finally went on HRT, my hair got worse for a time because I was on low-dose estrogen compared to how much Biestro I was slathering.

With respect to the issues with diffuse thinning, you are right to notice the hair in front of the ears as being gone. My most impressive regrowth from slick skin is that area exactly. My sides were pretty wispy. The main thing that I have done and you might is to microneedle the entire scalp which I have been doing weekly since Summer of 2019. If you have any follow-ups, then please ask, especially if you want info on meds or what have you. I hope you experience the joy of when all this comes together because restoration is so thrilling.

Goddess Bless,

Janey

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back to the transgender personality issue, there's a pretty big gap between being transfeminine and regarding oneself as female. I have tried not to hide my own binary elements which seem to be becoming stronger in the sense of one main personality essentially shutting down the other. So no dead names; no distress about how my alter ego was treated. He was treated okay; he just wanted out without committing suicide and this provides a chance to start over. To the extent that Janey seems "off" at times, it's hard to describe but she has many reasons to be giddy about HRT treatments. Anyway, here is an article by an FtM who otherwise resembles me and my thought process:

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
zero strength loses or any gym related side effects.
Avodart
Bic
E2 (small amounts)
Loniten 5mg (up to 40mg in past)

u sure u arent on steroids? But that gyno tho.

i am about to hop on topical duta. I am hoping if i get gyno surgery first then i wont need to worry about it growing

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is optimistic, however we have no research on this topic. I think everything will be all right with my T, I will take tests.
It is optimistic but I wanted to tell of my experience that shows things can still work even after a longer time of estrogen treatment.

Just be careful.

Your statement is based on hearsay, I never gave up my words and often attached links to research
You did but also supported theories from what other self-experimenters told. For instance, bicalutamide isn't used as a hair loss treatment for several reasons including the lack of scientific support.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure to be honest. Either way i just hope it wont reoccur if i remove 98% of the tissue
But why not wait to see? Unless you are yanking everything, they might come back anyway. Your body; your right, as they say but maybe look at some FtM pics before making any decisions because at least half of the removed breasts among FtM's turn out horribly. The fatty tissue is gone but no, rarely does the FtM chest look male. Often the tissue in the nipple area inverts and eh. Removing just gyno is probably less radical.

From the baldness to the worries about gyno and masturbation, males take it on the chin pretty much. It's all a mind f*** says Janey. Thankful those days are over for me.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But why not wait to see? Unless you are yanking everything, they might come back anyway. Your body; your right, as they say but maybe look at some FtM pics before making any decisions because at least half of the removed breasts among FtM's turn out horribly. The fatty tissue is gone but no, rarely does the FtM chest look male. Often the tissue in the nipple area inverts and eh. Removing just gyno is probably less radical.

From the baldness to the worries about gyno and masturbation, males take it on the chin pretty much. It's all a mind f*** says Janey. Thankful those days are over for me.
The gyno i have bothers me. I have a great surgeon. I expect good results. Ftm surgeries breast turn out horrible because of how much tissue they have to remove.

All males have breast tissue. However i figure there is a limit to how much this tissue can hyperplasia and or hypertrophy. No way it can continue growing and growing and growing when exposed to high estrogens. Because there has to be a limit also hgh must play a part.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
u sure u arent on steroids? But that gyno tho.

i am about to hop on topical duta. I am hoping if i get gyno surgery first then i wont need to worry about it growing
I was on steroids for 5 years straight about 3/4 years ago I stopped. The roids obliterated my hair haha! can’t take steroids and grow hair steroids are mostly androgen based ie ( tren, winstrol, dbol, ect.)

you can take medication to try shrink it before you decide to go under the knife? Letro being and option, very harsh on your joints have used in the past with great results. (possible bad for hair not 100% certain mate).

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on steroids for 5 years straight about 3/4 years ago I stopped. The roids obliterated my hair haha! can’t take steroids and grow hair steroids are mostly androgen based ie ( tren, winstrol, dbol, ect.)

you can take medication to try shrink it before you decide to go under the knife? Letro being and option, very harsh on your joints have used in the past with great results. (possible bad for hair not 100% certain mate).
Tell us about the "clear" that Barry Bonds made famous....

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

letrozole absolutely wrecked my hair the two months i was on it for.