Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide is a questionable protocol for hair regrowth as is estrogen treatment.
Minoxidil, finasteride, and microneedling isn't questionable. They all have good documented effects as shown in a multitude of scientific trials.

For me microneedling alone gave results and adding minoxidil did wonders. Estrogen at a high dose for a long time have helped but wounding with minoxidil is the main driver in my results. Regrowth of a bald spot and dramatic increase in density all over my diffused thinned scalp, regrowth of hairline after 20 years and improved hair quality. If I don't needle there isn't anything happening.

FWIW I really want you to get your hair back.
Thank you. I explained why against minoxidil, you can also read the story of Noah (who reads and likes posts but doesn't reply), who regretted using it. And 5ap blockers are powerless in case of aggressive baldness. Therefore, estrogen is the only way to grow hair in my case. I tried finasteride and Duta, of course.

Last edited:

namdete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been reading you for a long time and it is all very interesting.

I have tried finasteride, minoxidil, dutasteride, Topical dutasteride, RU and Estriol, the best thing that worked for me is dutasteride, I had a lot of acne on my back, with finasteride it was reduced but with dutas I eliminated it, stop taking it for side effects.
Now take finasteride and i soon I will start a regime similar to that of Tato, I will add dutas twice a week and I will return with topical dutas.

What do you think of this regime?
Of course, I do not want feminization, I am a man and I want to remain a man, I suspect that I have low estrogen or a lot of Dht, with Dutasteride I improve the quality of my skin a lot, I think the key is to delve into this, at least in my case, I am looking for regrowth and also to improve the skin.

Advices welcome, Thanks

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been reading you for a long time and it is all very interesting.

I have tried finasteride, minoxidil, dutasteride, Topical dutasteride, RU and Estriol, the best thing that worked for me is dutasteride, I had a lot of acne on my back, with finasteride it was reduced but with dutas I eliminated it, stop taking it for side effects.
Now take finasteride and i soon I will start a regime similar to that of Tato, I will add dutas twice a week and I will return with topical dutas.

What do you think of this regime?
Of course, I do not want feminization, I am a man and I want to remain a man, I suspect that I have low estrogen or a lot of Dht, with Dutasteride I improve the quality of my skin a lot, I think the key is to delve into this, at least in my case, I am looking for regrowth and also to improve the skin.

Advices welcome, Thanks
Dutasteride decreases effectiveness when the dosage is reduced, if DHT is your problem, I would not recommend decreasing Duta. Topical dutasteride is not effective, and I also do not recommend Minoxidil to anyone, which is probably in this solution with Dutasteride

You can try E cycles like me and Tato if you want hair growth. I will use full HRT for at least 6 months, it will have strong side effects and feminization, so I can only recommend it in extreme cases. You can start with small doses of E and see what happens. For example, 50mg Bicalutamide + 2mg E. You also need to be tested for T and E levels to keep the levels you need.

Personally, I doubt microdosing E without significant T suppression and feminization is doing anything, however I have aggressive baldness. Perhaps someone will be more fortunate
I also advise you not to waste time. Follicles can die forever, remember this.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride decreases effectiveness when the dosage is reduced, if DHT is your problem, I would not recommend decreasing Duta. Topical dutasteride is not effective, and I also do not recommend Minoxidil to anyone, which is probably in this solution with Dutasteride

You can try E cycles like me and Tato if you want hair growth. I will use full HRT for at least 6 months, it will have strong side effects and feminization, so I can only recommend it in extreme cases. You can start with small doses of E and see what happens. For example, 50mg Bicalutamide + 2mg E. You also need to be tested for T and E levels to keep the levels you need.

Personally, I doubt microdosing E without significant T suppression and feminization is doing anything, however I have aggressive baldness. Perhaps someone will be more fortunate
I also advise you not to waste time. Follicles can die forever, remember this.
It took seven years of messing around and fine-tuning for me, not to mention decades of using finasteride/min/dutat so this is far from some sort of instantaneous way of righting the ship for many of us. Hair is very touchy.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It took seven years of messing around and fine-tuning for me, not to mention decades of using finasteride/min/dutat so this is far from some sort of instantaneous way of righting the ship for many of us. Hair is very touchy.
But the tits,... the tits! So is it for the tits...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
At least, I haven't induced breast production yet but that will probably be one of my future articles to come if my hair becomes so long and beautiful so that you all begin to scorn me and not want to know about my precious locks any further. <curtsies>

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I will have good and bad news in the fall. The good news is hair, bad - breast growth.
Sounds like the good news will far outweigh the "bad" since essentially hair regrowth requires at least exposure to the chance of breast growth. Maybe all of this is like the opposite game where you should hope for big bouncing boobs and that way, you won't get them.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like the good news will far outweigh the "bad" since essentially hair regrowth requires at least exposure to the chance of breast growth. Maybe all of this is like the opposite game where you should hope for big bouncing boobs and that way, you won't get them.
The main thing is to keep my hair well after HRT. And also so that in 6 months the hair will increase in diameter and become of better quality. I'm not sure if this is enough time. Maybe I'll take a chance and try 8 months

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The main thing is to keep my hair well after HRT. And also so that in 6 months the hair will increase in diameter and become of better quality. I'm not sure if this is enough time. Maybe I'll take a chance and try 8 months
The folks in Vegas will wait with bated breath to re-set the odds:)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got centimeter long vellus in the temples now so we'll see if it continues to develop terminally.
Lol. Remember what Bridge said about hair that you could kinda sorta see if you had just the right sort of light.... I look at my temples and something is happening but I still don't enjoy looking at what I might have. I have been sporting my increasingly long tresses outdoors and it is still not completely wind-proof but it's a lot better. Anyway, as Norwoody probably knows, it's a lot better doing the reverse male pattern baldness dance in front of the mirror with a hand-mirror by far....

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I should report that, after 4 months on dutasteride, my fitness and strength is improved. Albeit, I have been training consistently and hard, it still kind of proves a point if you ask me. 5ARIs, in general, are NOT feminizing, at least in my experience. I am NOT saying you cannot get side effects from them, but I am saying that it isn't going to make you just shrivel up into a woman. I think there is a figure that scalp testosterone roughly doubles on dutasteride. Perhaps most of the other tissues, like muscles and nervous tissue, also double in their testosterone locally.