Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Usually, if Bicalutamide does not help you, estrogen does not help you either. First you need to find a way to stop baldness, and Estrogen is a growth stimulant that will not work if the problem with androgens is not solved. So I really hope I answer Bicalutamide like Maave / DHTcel
I don't think you can provide data to indicate that and we know, more or less unless we are grossly all wrong, that estrogen regrows hair--with the AA's, we are less sure. Part of the problem is that no one defines what "regrowth" means. Greatly increasing anagen might be the same as "regrowth" or it could differ in terms of dormant follicles being very difficult to wake up. I have not seen any recountings of prostate cancer hair regrowth so we don't know even what the pervasiveness of any such regrowth was.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We believe that the mechanism responsible for achieving scalp hair regrowth in transgender women is the suppression of testosterone to normal female levels. In our experience, this usually requires therapy with both spironolactone and estradiol. However, if transgender women treated with estrogen alone can achieve testosterone at normal female levels, we would expect to see scalp hair regrowth in these patients as well. Furthermore, it would be interesting to determine whether more scalp hair regrowth occurs over time as this patient continues hormone therapy.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you can provide data to indicate that and we know, more or less unless we are grossly all wrong, that estrogen regrows hair--with the AA's, we are less sure. Part of the problem is that no one defines what "regrowth" means. Greatly increasing anagen might be the same as "regrowth" or it could differ in terms of dormant follicles being very difficult to wake up. I have not seen any recountings of prostate cancer hair regrowth so we don't know even what the pervasiveness of any such regrowth was.
Yes, these are just my assumptions. There is very little information regarding Bicalutamide for the treatment of baldness, we know practically nothing. I assumed that this is guaranteed to stop further baldness 100%, but in practice this is not always the case.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, these are just my assumptions. There is very little information regarding Bicalutamide for the treatment of baldness, we know practically nothing. I assumed that this is guaranteed to stop further baldness 100%, but in practice this is not always the case.
I have been over on reddit answering hair questions and again and again, MtF's claim that only hair transplants work. Not all of them say this but signifcant numbers still say this. We know know that follicles don't permanently die now so that's how long some misinformation can persist and people keep spouting the same stuff probably because they didn't get regrowth so they assume no one does.

With the AA's, I assume that they each block somewhat different androgen receptors so that would seem to indicate that one might work better than another for different body parts generally subject to feminization. One advantage that I have is that I am essentially within an endogenous system that accepts (now) all feminization and this is part of my own basic anecdotal research. I have made extensive use of topicals and my opinion varies on this but since I have results and many others don't, that leads me to believe that topical E is at least somewhat effect on hair and I think that it is on face and breasts also. I know that it has huge effects on genital tissue far beyond using oral meds or parenteral ingestion places other than the genitals.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dec6gs3vxynlhtjsql12.jpg
t1jj8ncnsq568k9wefcx.jpg
b17c4ornrl0qzv97qh04.jpg

some progress

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read through this thread countless times, some great information here.

Couple questions. I'm a CIS male, Norwood 2.5, and have been on Finasteride 1MG a day for 6 months now. I've responded well to it so far, but I believe it can only do so much.

My hypothesis is, finasteride can thicken existing hairs that have only miniaturized less than 50% (same theory as the Australian doctors with the youtube channel). Hair that has degraded more than 50%, it helps, but only so much.

Although I am happy things have improved somewhat, I truly believe I need to add something else into the mix.
Topical minoxidil is out for me. I would experiment with oral min way before topical.

I have new tiny vellus hairs on my hairline from the finasteride, but they are extremely tiny and not growing or thickening whatsoever. I realize the consensus is to ride it out for a year, but I know my hair (analyze it every day), and know I need to add something else into the mix.

I'm leaning towards estrogen, along with continuing finasteride. I'm trying to see if I can get my body to the "sweet spot" before throwing the kitchen sink at it with AA, etc.

This is all speculation on my part, but I believe Finasteride has gotten me 30% of the way to where I need to be (thickening, minor regrowth).
Perhaps estrogen, could get me across the finish line without plummeting my T levels to 0.

Reading through this thread is confusing AF though. Bi-Estro, estrogel, estradiol, buccal, sublingual etc etc.

For those applying topical estrogen to their legs, or wherever, can someone share with me EXACTLY what they use, and how much?

Janey/Noah, anyone?

My hope is, if I add Estrogen to the finasteride, it will suppress T SOME, increase estrogen SOME, and the T suppression will lead to an even greater DHT decrease than finasteride alone.

Thoughts, help, opinions?

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The great thing about your progress Gergely is that your quality appears to have improved, not just hair count.
Yes, it is very important. His hair became shiny and thick. This is what I will try to achieve on E too.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I planned to keep within half a year and during this time increase the diameter of the hair and improve the texture ...
I wonder if 2mg E is enough
Using HRT for so long can cause major changes.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I planned to keep within half a year and during this time increase the diameter of the hair and improve the texture ...
I wonder if 2mg E is enough
Using HRT for so long can cause major changes.
I don't recall how old you are, but you can always go to a doctor and have them check if your bones are fused or not. Personally i would love to have wider hips, but i guess we have different prioritis

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I watch the timeline of people on HRT and understand that hair quality improves along with strong feminization of the face and body. I am afraid of this, especially since during HRT I will study at the university and live in a hostel, I will not be able to be isolated. People will see that I look different. In addition, Bicalutamide can prevent reverse masculinization, and I will look like a girl forever, or I will give up Bicalutamide and start balding again ...
Damn, how complicated it is ...