Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you could say I've given up (for now) and have gone the hair system route. I'm still taking estrogen, finasteride and progesterone for a multitude of reasone, but I'm sick of my hairline affecting my confidence. It sucks that not even HRT has worked for me, and I'd love to have my own natural hair but after over a year of this still sub par results I caved.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you could say I've given up (for now) and have gone the hair system route. I'm still taking estrogen, finasteride and progesterone for a multitude of reasone, but I'm sick of my hairline affecting my confidence. It sucks that not even HRT has worked for me, and I'd love to have my own natural hair but after over a year of this still sub par results I caved.
You should get tested for T and E levels. If your temples do not grow back at high E levels, then your follicles are dead because you have been balding for too long. Bridgeburn hasn't regained his growth line either, but his hair does hide the receding hairline.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should get tested for T and E levels. If your temples do not grow back at high E levels, then your follicles are dead because you have been balding for too long. Bridgeburn hasn't regained his growth line either, but his hair does hide the receding hairline.
I'm castrated, an at one point my E levels were above pregnancy levels. I could see vellus hairs un a N1 shape, but I don't think I was consistent enough in each regimen to achieve terminal hairs there. I'm too young for a hai transplant, but if I manage to maintain what I have for at least 4 years, I might consider one.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm castrated, an at one point my E levels were above pregnancy levels. I could see vellus hairs un a N1 shape, but I don't think I was consistent enough in each regimen to achieve terminal hairs there. I'm too young for a hai transplant, but if I manage to maintain what I have for at least 4 years, I might consider one.
Do not resort to a hair system, watch the E levels and keep them high throughout the year. I believe HRT can help you. You yourself know what miracles it does to people. Even the hair you have now looks good when worn in a bob. It's too early to give up

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not resort to a hair system, watch the E levels and keep them high throughout the year. I believe HRT can help you. You yourself know what miracles it does to people. Even the hair you have now looks good when worn in a bob. It's too early to give up
My E levels were high consistently, and my testosterone levels were below the castrate level. I can't figure out why I'm still losing ground, but the hair system is a good alternative to suicide and I really needed a confidence boost. My vitamin D and folic acid was also very low, which can't have helped things, at the very least my mood has improved with more sun exposure and supplements.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
My E levels were high consistently, and my testosterone levels were below the castrate level. I can't figure out why I'm still losing ground, but the hair system is a good alternative to suicide and I really needed a confidence boost. My vitamin D and folic acid was also very low, which can't have helped things, at the very least my mood has improved with more sun exposure and supplements.
Something is very off... you probably still had problems with the other androgen pathways, @JaneyElizabeth always reffers to them, as I do. Did you ever thought about it!?

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Something is very off... you probably still had problems with the other androgen pathways, @JaneyElizabeth always reffers to them, as I do. Did you ever thought about it!?
I've given it some thought, I was on and off finasteride for some time, while it caused severe depression and brain fog, it was also vital for regrowth/feminizing even with bica and E2. Maybe cycling finasteride has reduced it's efficiacy, even taking it now consistently it doesn't have the same neurological effect it once had, when I was achieving regrowth. Maybe I'm a DHT mutant, who knows, I haven't been tested for DHT, it's expensive and not a lot of places test for it here.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide is supposed to block all androgens, no matter where they come from. Apparently, there are many things in the mechanism of baldness that we do not know. If you dig well in this thread, you can find many people who were not helped by Bicalutamide. The main thing for me is not to become one of them, otherwise I will be close to suicide.
Castration is equivalent to Bicalutamide at a dose of 100-150mg, I don't understand how you can continue to go bald ...

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although women are balding too. So if you continue to go bald on HRT, it makes sense to add some Bicalutamide (12.5mg is enough). Although as far as I know, you do not continue to go bald after castration, but you do not get growth on the temples

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If he has reached the female levels of T and E, but continues to go bald, this can be equated with female pattern baldness, which is successfully treated with Bicalutamide. Although I wonder why he didn't get his hair back when he has female levels ... In general, before giving up, you should try all the options. I would try Bicalutamide 12.5mg in addition to estrogen, finasteride - these drugs are never superfluous

By the way, my mom also has hair problems and growth line retreat. Apparently she is a carrier of the Androgenetic Alopecia gene

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If he has reached the female levels of T and E, but continues to go bald, this can be equated with female pattern baldness, which is successfully treated with Bicalutamide. Although I wonder why he didn't get his hair back when he has female levels ... In general, before giving up, you should try all the options. I would try Bicalutamide 12.5mg in addition to estrogen, finasteride - these drugs are never superfluous

By the way, my mom also has hair problems and growth line retreat. Apparently she is a carrier of the Androgenetic Alopecia gene
Even at 75mg bica, with my T in the undetectable range I continued to go bald.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes no sense to increase the dosage of Bicalutamide if it is castrated. I do not even know what to say. I don't understand how this is possible ... I want to die

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand your contention, but why not at least try. Also, apparently franz is not on oral minoxidil? That is definitely worth a shot. And increase the E too.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes no sense to increase the dosage of Bicalutamide if it is castrated. I do not even know what to say. I don't understand how this is possible ... I want to die
There are plenty of people on r/transtimelines being masculine and loosing hair even after castration and mass dosing E lol. It seems like there is a small percentage of people (10-<10%) who do not produce big amounts of androgens through the first (gonadal) pathway.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand your contention, but why not at least try. Also, apparently franz is not on oral minoxidil? That is definitely worth a shot. And increase the E too.
Yes, you're right, you have to try everything. I'm just puzzled as to how he and Jacob Williams (150mg Bicalutamide) continue to go bald. Most of all in my life I am afraid to be in their place. And I'm so sorry that I don't know how to help them. I hurt for other people

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are plenty of people on r/transtimelines being masculine and loosing hair even after castration and mass dosing E lol. It seems like there is a small percentage of people (10-<10%) who do not produce big amounts of androgens through the first (gonadal) pathway.
But what difference does it make in which way the hormone is produced if the receptor is occupied by Bicalutamide? It looks like nonsense ...
If these people get tested and it turns out that they have neither T, nor DHT, but they continue to go bald, it will be incredible. This is some kind of paranormal activity

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
But what difference does it make in which way the hormone is produced if the receptor is occupied by Bicalutamide? It looks like nonsense ...
If these people get tested and it turns out that they have neither T, nor DHT, but they continue to go bald, it will be incredible. This is some kind of paranormal activity
Hormones get firstly synthesized IN THE FOLLICLE OR THE TISSUE ITSELF, where it is 'needed', in such cases. Sure, you use an AR blocker, such as Bicalutamide, but through DHEA-S, P, etc.. the body makes powerful androgens, which outperform Bicalutamide sometimes, locally. That's the problem.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hormones get firstly synthesized IN THE FOLLICLE OR THE TISSUE ITSELF, where it is 'needed', in such cases. Sure, you use an AR blocker, such as Bicalutamide, but through DHEA-S, P, etc.. the body makes powerful androgens, which outperform Bicalutamide sometimes, locally. That's the problem.
It turns out that this is similar to the situation with the testicles, which are not affected by Bicalutamide for the same reason: local concentrations of androgens. However, people on Bicalutamide or HRT notice that their scalp is no longer oily, which suggests that androgens are successfully blocked. This can be an indicator of a successful androgenic blockade, because sebum production is regulated by androgens. It is strange that the production of sebum stops, acne too, but the hair continues to fall out. Absurd