Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you are genuinely feeling that way you really need to talk to someone because that's not a normal reaction. Good luck to you.
Hair plays a big role in our life and human beauty, losing it is a really serious problem. In my life I have seen a lot of sh*t, I suffered from various diseases, some of them could make me disabled, but there was nothing worse than baldness

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair plays a big role in our life and human beauty, losing it is a really serious problem. In my life I have seen a lot of sh*t, I suffered from various diseases, some of them could make me disabled, but there was nothing worse than baldness
I feel for you I really do, but just remember we're all here to help each other, yes hair loss is a problem but it's just hair you have to step back in get the perspective.

All the best to you.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that the frontal region has the worst blood flow, and it is hardest to increase aromatase in this area even at high levels of E. This part of the scalp is primarily subject to fibrosis, so treatment should be started while the follicles are still producing hair. My follicles are alive, I have tiny hairs, this is encouraging
I think many people have tiny hairs there including me but that’s as far as it goes. Most successful was antydhtor but you know what he was on and I think he was in his 20’s so age makes a difference

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is a bit weird, but anyway...

there is another aspect to why i am emphasizing that bicalutamide is not castration, and certainly not systemic steroidogenesis inhibition. i experimented with darolutamide and dutasteride for a little. i then experimented with abiraterone, apalutamide, mifeprestone, dutasteride & carenone. dutasteride essentially inhibits the 5ar that would normally inactivate some of the abiraterone, increasing the potency.

within 3 minutes of application (40% dmso, 60% ethanol), there was a discomfort pass through the gonads, and the switch was off. someone here described playing with a piece of wet rope. i continued with abiraterone & canrenone for 3 weeks total.

Janey talks about male scents etc. i'm not into this stuff, and never will be. but essentially my mind and my interactions with females particularly went back to about a 8 year old. it actually is a slight issue, because i've moved on, and some of the relationship at that level remains.

however, it was also a powerful inhibitor of depressive thoughts, which i can't solely put down to the steroidogenesis inhibition, but mifepristone was only week 1. i don't exactly have a issue there, certainly not about hair, and have other solutions if they arise.

however, my from experience, I would suggest that hormonal imbalance that is contributing to hair issues, may also contribute to mental issues, and this may be more adrenal than gonad. (abiraterone is effective for both - not recommending though)

the only study i can find to support my experiment is this, which may circle back to Yar's PCOS:
Testosterone, androstenedione and dihydrotestosterone concentrations are elevated in female patients with major depression - PubMed (nih.gov)

good luck with your path...
I was also a little interested in PCOS. I want to note that Bicalutamide has been successfully used to treat hair loss and hirsutism in women with PCOS. Also Metformin is the first line of treatment because insulin is believed to play a role in PCOS. Bicalutamide has already improved my skin condition, I have almost no acne, although before it was even under the eyebrows, under the nose. Hair should be next, I hope so

My mom has hair problems too. That scares me.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, women undergo adrenal surgery if nothing helps them with PCOS. But no one except us is digging in this direction, it is easier for scientists to come up with hair cloning than to help preserve hair. Dr. Russman doesn't even know it, lol.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry about my ignorance here but are people seriously taken hormone changing drugs and not actually wanting to change sex?
I think that a better way of stating things is that many XY's find that hair is so important to their self-esteem and careers, that they are willing to take what in the past would have been considered extraordinary steps to save if not improve what they have. Many of the changes occur more or less on a spectrum that depends on length of usage of HRT and dosage amounts. We know that this works for at least some to regrow/restore hair. Currently meds used by males generally can arrest hair loss but not recommence growth.

It is an interesting question as to whether HRT can change a person's non-hair looks more so than being completely bald does but HRT is also largely reversible. I think a lot of mostly guys since this is male pattern baldness also get entrenched into how interesting HRT is. We might not be Frankenstein but having the power to change one's hair, face, body and looks plus there can be immense psychological effects is really an intense experience and we often feel that we are just a change in dosage from winning the war.

Goddess bless,
Janey

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ironically call it biohacking. Next year I will be using HRT. Either to improve the quality of the hair, or to at least stop baldness if Bicalutamide does not help. In the first case, it will be temporary, and in the second - forever, which will cause serious changes. I don't know if I can tolerate them

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ironically call it biohacking. Next year I will be using HRT. Either to improve the quality of the hair, or to at least stop baldness if Bicalutamide does not help. In the first case, it will be temporary, and in the second - forever, which will cause serious changes. I don't know if I can tolerate them
Have you already thought about breast reduction and complete gland removal? Maybe wait with HRT, chances are high we might see a surgical cure this or next decade lol.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you already thought about breast reduction and complete gland removal? Maybe wait with HRT, chances are high we might see a surgical cure this or next decade lol.
I got gynecomastia on 75mg Bicalutamide. Lumps under the nipples. It seems still forming. But they are invisible from the outside, it doesn't bother me at all
I think I will remove these bumps surgically in order to calmly experiment with HRT and not be afraid of breast growth.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got gynecomastia on 75mg Bicalutamide. Lumps under the nipples. It seems still forming. But they are invisible from the outside, it doesn't bother me at all
I think I will remove these bumps surgically in order to calmly experiment with HRT and not be afraid of breast growth.
Good choice! I already have grade II, so I am a bit more afraid of starting right off the batch HRT without beforehand a surgery.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good choice! I already have grade II, so I am a bit more afraid of starting right off the batch HRT without beforehand a surgery.
I thought about Raloxifene, but it is not effective enough to prevent breast growth on E. On the other hand, after stopping HRT, the breast should disappear. But I don’t want to risk it, it’s better to have an operation so that I don’t think about it anymore.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
At night I dreamed that I was looking in the mirror and I was very bald. It was a very bad dream.
I just pray that Bicalutamide will help me like DHTcel, Ein and not like Jacob Williams. Terrible anticipation

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some times I feel the same about tolerating the effects and for me, being non-binary makes things more perplexing, not less than it is for those who strongly identify as either male or female.

One thing that I have noticed as did @bridgeburn is that ultimately what we are doing, Almas, is for us. My mother doesn't get it. She thinks that I only had thinning hair so what's the difference, sort of. @bridgeburn said that people noted something different but they weren't sure what but he also wore hats a lot as his baldness "system" to "cover up".

As I have pushed estrogen levels, I have noted extremely interesting side effects. Some MtF's note increasing attraction on their part to men as they proceed through HRT, which is too much irony for XY's since many/most non-MtF's do this for females and to be attractive to them. The psychological aspects of HRT are largely unstudied apart from sexual predator studies and those focus largely only on the sexual offender and illegality aspect. It might be that increasing E2 or T through exogenous means becomes increasingly stressful both physically and psychologically. This is definitely true for T and accounts for many of the allegations of increasingly anti-social behavior by those abusing T.

As estrogen is the mammalian female sex drive hormone, we might see increases in non-sensical desires to mate. I also think that there are aspects related to smell that can be driven by T and E2 when larger amounts are secreted or used exogenously. That's been the recent aspect that surprises me.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
people noted something different but they weren't sure what but he also
People will clearly notice something strange. But HRT is the last thing that comes to mind for ordinary people. But I would not want me to catch the unnecessary glances of those who will study with me. So I will be on HRT in the summer and will schedule everything so that I finish it in July. For August, I will hope for reverse masculinization if Bicalutamide does not prevent it ... What it copes with in puberty adolescents

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
People will clearly notice something strange. But HRT is the last thing that comes to mind for ordinary people. But I would not want me to catch the unnecessary glances of those who will study with me. So I will be on HRT in the summer and will schedule everything so that I finish it in July. For August, I will hope for reverse masculinization if Bicalutamide does not prevent it ... What it copes with in puberty adolescents
Just keep snapping pics!

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness is not always about anagenic sensitivity. There are many other things that can cause someone to lose their hair like too much/too little iron, tight scalp, mite Infestation etc.

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of reading, on both Reddit and here.
Since I am planning to actually transition as non-binary/gender-fluid I choose to go the full HRT route from the beginning.

Noticing my hair thinning forced me to confront my dysphoria more seriously.
I presented solely as masculine because I didn't want to answer a lot of questions from small minded people from my family or hometown.
I was never completely happy with it, though not completely unhappy since I still felt the masculine side was one part of me, hence why I never felt like I was "born in the wrong body." Now I feel like I was born with the wrong androgens.

My dysphoria never got too serious, because I felt I could always look the way I wanted to look, I just had to have the confidence one day. It never occurred to me that I could go bald, even with my bald father. My hair thinning, coupled with the fact that I'm now in my 30's, I feel like I should not be "waiting" for some perfect condition to do the things I want since my youth is slowly coming to an end. I want to take control now.

I'm planning to start in Late summer/early fall.
The fact that I have written it in stone, I feel an investment in my body that I have never had before.
Now, I am planning a diet and exercise regimen so that I can have the healthiest, hottest body possible for my hair to thrive on top of.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of reading, on both Reddit and here.
Since I am planning to actually transition as non-binary/gender-fluid I choose to go the full HRT route from the beginning.

Noticing my hair thinning forced me to confront my dysphoria more seriously.
I presented solely as masculine because I didn't want to answer a lot of questions from small minded people from my family or hometown.
I was never completely happy with it, though not completely unhappy since I still felt the masculine side was one part of me, hence why I never felt like I was "born in the wrong body." Now I feel like I was born with the wrong androgens.

My dysphoria never got too serious, because I felt I could always look the way I wanted to look, I just had to have the confidence one day. It never occurred to me that I could go bald, even with my bald father. My hair thinning, coupled with the fact that I'm now in my 30's, I feel like I should not be "waiting" for some perfect condition to do the things I want since my youth is slowly coming to an end. I want to take control now.

I'm planning to start in Late summer/early fall.
The fact that I have written it in stone, I feel an investment in my body that I have never had before.
Now, I am planning a diet and exercise regimen so that I can have the healthiest, hottest body possible for my hair to thrive on top of.
Can you give us more specific details of your plans?