Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to make some considerations

Hi everyone, It's been a while now, my results keep getting better every day.

It's long, but read will make a sense.

I would like to make some remarks about observations I have seen in my clinical practice and the things I am able to address and observe during my time here.

As already said here and observed in my own practice, bodybuilders when they are in testosterone cycles report an increase in hair density and not only that, in the speed of growth, and men and women who have testosterone deficiency a treatment with added testosterone increases the density and growth of hair https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3380548/

Only one example to elucidate follows the article.

So, don't think testosterone is the villain, maybe the DHT cascade at some point, but testosterone in general is stimulating for the follicular unit, and by my own observation, in the period that I was taking nothing between CPA and BICA , my hair stopped growing, and even some cold whites started to come out.

I did my tests recently my testosterone is around 800 ng / dl and I keep gaining ground I would say even more now than ever.

Assuming that sex hormones are testosterone and prostagenes, it makes sense to both cause increased body hair but in men for some reason only testosterone and DHT in the scalp tissue are not anabolic.

By observation and testing with me, I believe that the problem is the cascade of events that occur in the region, imbalance of T and E caused by age, poor diet and so on, peripheral regions tend to suffer the consequences first.

So what can I tell you?

Think about an elderly person who has much less testosterone than a young person, but he is much bald if he has a tendency to it, so the problem is the sensitivity to testosterone and its caste and not the amount.
It also explains why bodybuilders after years of exposure to testosterone cycles show a drop hair, the large amount above physiologic at one point disrupts their receptors.

Because of this chronic damage you need to take some action.

Recover your fibrous area with something that brings life back.

Work with estrogens to rebalance your body's collagen. (increase vasodilation as well) (Important process)

An anti androgen is the bazooka shot on the beetle is a lot for "little" but it helps because our receptors today are "defective".

Because they are sensitive to testosterone, some show growth when they switch the key to prostagenes / estrogens, only the dominant sex hormone changes.

But the truth is, you need a dominant sex hormone for regrowth / growth.

The secret is to hack your body to decrease your sensitivity to testosterone.

Estrogens in the right dose are great for this.

Hair looks simple, right, it's just hair, but it's very complicated, you depend on a number of factors to obtain your result.

Using finasteride, dutasteride and the like, some have shown increased sensitivity over time, inhibiting the enzyme hormone over, the space in the receptor is empty, this is not good.

You need one to replace the place or analog receptor (some AA's) or some types of estrogens can grab at receptor too, with won't do that your receptor empty, receptor empty will be increase density of the receptor.
Explains why some people only get results with 5ar blockers until a certain time.

A hug my friends, it's always good to digress with you.

Thanks
Good to see you. I have read on perfecthairhealth.com that DHT seems to strangely enough, enter the follicle after it is affected not before. Perhaps DHT is trying to heal the follicle but due to inflammation, it is not able to. In some ways, it is spooky perhaps like Schrodinger's cat where states only collapse after we look to see what the result is. Not a perfect analogy but it does show just how strange the process of hair loss and I would say too, beard growth is, in terms of hormonal interactions.

I had my adams apple reduction with nodules removed from my vocal cords so I can barely speak still but I got great health care for my issues and this is a time, where I am proud that my country is back in the forefront of something internationally and not always the last to provide benefits to the patient.

Best,

Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to make some considerations

Hi everyone, It's been a while now, my results keep getting better every day.

It's long, but read will make a sense.

I would like to make some remarks about observations I have seen in my clinical practice and the things I am able to address and observe during my time here.

As already said here and observed in my own practice, bodybuilders when they are in testosterone cycles report an increase in hair density and not only that, in the speed of growth, and men and women who have testosterone deficiency a treatment with added testosterone increases the density and growth of hair https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3380548/

Only one example to elucidate follows the article.

So, don't think testosterone is the villain, maybe the DHT cascade at some point, but testosterone in general is stimulating for the follicular unit, and by my own observation, in the period that I was taking nothing between CPA and BICA , my hair stopped growing, and even some cold whites started to come out.

I did my tests recently my testosterone is around 800 ng / dl and I keep gaining ground I would say even more now than ever.

Assuming that sex hormones are testosterone and prostagenes, it makes sense to both cause increased body hair but in men for some reason only testosterone and DHT in the scalp tissue are not anabolic.

By observation and testing with me, I believe that the problem is the cascade of events that occur in the region, imbalance of T and E caused by age, poor diet and so on, peripheral regions tend to suffer the consequences first.

So what can I tell you?

Think about an elderly person who has much less testosterone than a young person, but he is much bald if he has a tendency to it, so the problem is the sensitivity to testosterone and its caste and not the amount.
It also explains why bodybuilders after years of exposure to testosterone cycles show a drop hair, the large amount above physiologic at one point disrupts their receptors.

Because of this chronic damage you need to take some action.

Recover your fibrous area with something that brings life back.

Work with estrogens to rebalance your body's collagen. (increase vasodilation as well) (Important process)

An anti androgen is the bazooka shot on the beetle is a lot for "little" but it helps because our receptors today are "defective".

Because they are sensitive to testosterone, some show growth when they switch the key to prostagenes / estrogens, only the dominant sex hormone changes.

But the truth is, you need a dominant sex hormone for regrowth / growth.

The secret is to hack your body to decrease your sensitivity to testosterone.

Estrogens in the right dose are great for this.

Hair looks simple, right, it's just hair, but it's very complicated, you depend on a number of factors to obtain your result.

Using finasteride, dutasteride and the like, some have shown increased sensitivity over time, inhibiting the enzyme hormone over, the space in the receptor is empty, this is not good.

You need one to replace the place or analog receptor (some AA's) or some types of estrogens can grab at receptor too, with won't do that your receptor empty, receptor empty will be increase density of the receptor.
Explains why some people only get results with 5ar blockers until a certain time.

A hug my friends, it's always good to digress with you.

Thanks
What are your thoughts about the safety of bica when used so that we can use less estrogen. Will it be less likely to cause blood clots?

They gave me this in the hospital:

Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that you are talking about going for more extreme treatments without even trying something more reasonable is suspicious. If you actually want to transition do that however if you want to save your hair try to reduce T and increase E2 for 6 months and see what happens.
I think that Almas knows how important a full head of hair is to him. Many of us have tried incremental amounts of E2 without results. To me, what struck me about Bridgeburn was that he was willing to push his limits and he did so in a very scientific way considering how little data we have including pics. One issue is that MtF's tend not to show their before hair pics because it can feel like being naked with our heads exposed. Since I am non-binary and trying to emulate Bridge, I have posted hair pics going back six years now. The one main article/study of HRT and hair growth has but one person and only a handful of pics over six months The hair regrowth was impressive in a male context but where they left it, not nearly enough for a female. They need to revisit their subject and post follow-up pics. Still, I would read this stuff for anyone attempting this:

Even though they assign differently, KeepCool and Tato both shared one thing in common; each already had a full head of hair that transitioned into much nicer "female" type hair with few to no more follicles being awakened. MtF's seem to often have good hair transitions in terms of anagen, texture, ability to grow hair long, decrease in excessive sebum levels--for me, this effect is off the charts and shampoo strips my hair bare.

Janey

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

r/TransDIY

•Posted by
u/JaneyElizabeth

13 minutes ago

Heparin​

So, I got my adam's apple reduced and my cords shortened last Wedensday and things are going well but I did notice that they gave me at least two doses of heparin. Obviously, they knew that I was MtF and maybe that was why they injected it but I am curious about whether anyone uses this in general, on an on-going basis to minimize blood clots and whether it is worth more investigation for MtF's so that we can shoot for higher targets which often feel better psychologically.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heparin
Best,
Janey

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried Bicalutamide, that's enough. I don't have much time, I will try other options after growing my hair on HRT so that I have something to save
I'll try to be in the middle between the hormones, but I'm sure it won't help. And if it helps, then in the long term it will have the same feminizing effects as complete HRT. In addition, the absence of one dominant hormone can cause weakness and impotence. Therefore, HRT cycles are the most realistic option that I see. You will have to save up a lot of money to have a mastectomy with breast liposuction. It is possible that in the end I will have to use HRT all the time. I must be prepared for this outcome.
You are young so you have time, AA hair follicles remain for at least a few years and can be rescued. Bicalutamide isn't a replacement for estrogen unless you have extreme aromatase activity and sky-high testosterone. Bicalutamide isn't known to regrow hair when used for cancer treatment.
Going down a path you say you don't want to without trying the easy and less extreme is suspicious, I've seen similar things when researching estrogen where people want to transition but needs another reason for doing it so that they can have a scapegoat when other people notice.
Often those people can't even admit to themselves that transition is the real goal but are strangely focused on estrogen even when told repeatedly whatever reason they got isn't a valid one.

You do you but please try to be logical about this. Try minoxidil with microneedling, try reducing testosterone and increasing estrogens for at least 6 months.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are young so you have time, AA hair follicles remain for at least a few years and can be rescued
The follicles are dying before my eyes, what are you talking about?
Going down a path you say you don't want to without trying the easy and less extreme is suspicious
First, I tried a last resort: Bicalutamide. Secondly, I already know that half measures like a slight increase in E will not help me, I just feel it. Thirdly, I do not have time to experiment, because I quickly go bald. Should I continue?
If we act as you suggest, then the follicles will die while I look for half measures.
Try minoxidil with microneedling
Should I even answer this?
try reducing testosterone and increasing estrogens for at least 6 months.
I'm just about to do it lol. But in order to grow hair with aggressive baldness, T must be reduced to almost zero.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are young so you have time, AA hair follicles remain for at least a few years and can be rescued. Bicalutamide isn't a replacement for estrogen unless you have extreme aromatase activity and sky-high testosterone. Bicalutamide isn't known to regrow hair when used for cancer treatment.
Going down a path you say you don't want to without trying the easy and less extreme is suspicious, I've seen similar things when researching estrogen where people want to transition but needs another reason for doing it so that they can have a scapegoat when other people notice.
Often those people can't even admit to themselves that transition is the real goal but are strangely focused on estrogen even when told repeatedly whatever reason they got isn't a valid one.

You do you but please try to be logical about this. Try minoxidil with microneedling, try reducing testosterone and increasing estrogens for at least 6 months.
That's why I came up with the terminology of being "just in it (HRT) for the hair", exactly. This mind-set gives us permission to use HRT and not have to deal with the notions of being gay or wanting to wear "women's clothes". My family is decidedly not thrilled to have a "sissy" (although that is a poor characterization of my reality) for a son/brother but I initially rationalized things as being done only for hair but all of this is fascinating, physically and psychologically. I have a brand new body except for bone. That's actually an advantage of starting HRT so late in my life because my former body was largely "used up" in terms of tendons, ligaments, ability to fight off the effects of DHT, including rampant dermatitis.

I have made my peace with the breast growth which is highly noticeably in public but I note that they are the breasts of a far younger, cis-female. Hence our term, "2nd puberty". This is Brave New World so I highly recommend HRT on many bases.

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness does not tolerate wasting time, like any progressive disease. I tested everything I had planned, it was time for heavy artillery. I will soon find out if it is possible in principle to defeat aggressive baldness. The next step is to find out if the idea of HRT cycles is realistic, i.e. HRT without irreversible feminization. This is exciting because even if I get hair growth, it won't win. It won't do me any good if I get back to my starting point after a couple of months without estrogen.
It will be scary to give up estrogen. I will hope that miniaturization will be slow, in theory it should be, but in practice, as we have already noted, there may be surprises.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness does not tolerate wasting time, like any progressive disease. I tested everything I had planned, it was time for heavy artillery. I will soon find out if it is possible in principle to defeat aggressive baldness. The next step is to find out if the idea of HRT cycles is realistic, i.e. HRT without irreversible feminization. This is exciting because even if I get hair growth, it won't win. It won't do me any good if I get back to my starting point after a couple of months without estrogen.
It will be scary to give up estrogen. I will hope that miniaturization will be slow, in theory it should be, but in practice, as we have already noted, there may be surprises.
I mean, Noah's hair should be good enough for pretty much any XY past the age of 18 or so and he's a data point. I still think that most breast growth can be dissipated just by stopping HRT for a few months. My disappointment is that I haven't found a way for XY's to, for example use Estrogel so that it both restores hair but without "turning on" full-blown feminization. For me, and I think for @bridgeburn as well, it was/is very helpful not to be looking over my shoulder at feminization to the point where it impacts or impedes hair regrowth. It's too much like being pulled in too many different directions. Ultimately, a person needs to have fun with this and experience a mind-set that historically has been closed off to males. Yes, you might like it and there seem to be changes in brain structure that might or might not impact sexual preference but that's sort of a bug vs. feature sort of thing.

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, Noah's hair should be good enough for pretty much any XY past the age of 18 or so and he's a data point. I still think that most breast growth can be dissipated just by stopping HRT for a few months. My disappointment is that I haven't found a way for XY's to, for example use Estrogel so that it both restores hair but without "turning on" full-blown feminization. For me, and I think for @bridgeburn as well, it was/is very helpful not to be looking over my shoulder at feminization to the point where it impacts or impedes hair regrowth. It's too much like being pulled in too different directions. Ultimately, a person needs to have fun with this and experience a mind-set that historically has been closed off to males. Yes, you might like it and there seem to be changes in brain structure that might or might not impact sexual preference but that's sort of a bug vs. feature sort of thing.
Yes, breast growth is reversible, the main thing is that the breast disappears faster than the follicles are miniaturized. So that you have "time for a breather". Also I hope that Bicalutamide will not prevent the breasts from disappearing.
I hope that the estrogen break cancels out the redistribution of fat and does not allow the hips to expand, change the structure of the joints, the angle of the pelvic bone, and much more.
My idea is essentially no different from the idea of being in the middle between hormones, in the long term I am also in the middle, but at some points in time I am radical

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, breast growth is reversible, the main thing is that the breast disappears faster than the follicles are miniaturized. So that you have "time for a breather". Also I hope that Bicalutamide will not prevent the breasts from disappearing.
I hope that the estrogen break cancels out the redistribution of fat and does not allow the hips to expand, change the structure of the joints, the angle of the pelvic bone, and much more.
My idea is essentially no different from the idea of being in the middle between hormones, in the long term I am also in the middle, but at some points in time I am radical
As I read the Reddit MtF HRT fora, it strikes me how essentially nothing has been tested and I don't think that it should be particularly hard to test the value of provera, P4, Bica, spironolactone and CPA both alone and with estrogen. I keep having to check back but most of the people on this thread with results, if not all, used estrogen of some form above 1mg daily swallowed. It seems that there was a lot of shedding, as occurred to me, from introducing and/or changing AA's and there were lots and lots of sides. I think that you are more disciplined Almas but otherwise, people with informed consent, should probably start at Bridge's starting points and titrate upwards until sufficient growth is achieved. HRT seemed to work for both him and me just on it's own but we also then added oral min in amounts above or equal to 5mg daily.

I have microneedled all but religiously but that was one that he didn't use while he still was on here but my hope is that it will provide better, quicker results at the hair line and in the temple areas. My hair continues to grow in length and look very nice at long length whereas before I had long hobo-like hair (I can only admit it now). I think using two to four HRT/advanced meds with microneedling is probably the best. I also apply retin-A and adaptagel to face and hairline. I no longer use the Estrogel on the rest of my scalp as there really aren't any bare spots any longer except in the temples. But anyway, the idea is to take the thought work out of this and to just use a protocol without re-inventing the wheel.

It made me sad but there was a guy on here who tried to start his own thread sort of based upon emulating Bridge but without feminization, usually using estriol and I don't know, like twenty other things and it just stopped and the guy never posted any of the promised pics. I have seen one guy with okay hair recovery in the crown up to the hairline from using an estriol protocol but that's for guys say 40 and above. None of you young guys want that. The effort and expense just aren't worth it.

Janey

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I read the Reddit MtF HRT fora, it strikes me how essentially nothing has been tested and I don't think that it should be particularly hard to test the value of provera, P4, Bica, spironolactone and CPA both alone and with estrogen. I keep having to check back but most of the people on this thread with results, if not all, used estrogen of some form above 1mg daily swallowed. It seems that there was a lot of shedding, as occurred to me, from introducing and/or changing AA's and there were lots and lots of sides. I think that you are more disciplined Almas but otherwise, people with informed consent, should probably start at Bridge's starting points and titrate upwards until sufficient growth is achieved. HRT seemed to work for both him and me just on it's own but we also then added oral min in amounts above or equal to 5mg daily.

I have microneedled all but religiously but that was one that he didn't use while he still was on here but my hope is that it will provide better, quicker results at the hair line and in the temple areas. My hair continues to grow in length and look very nice at long length whereas before I had long hobo-like hair (I can only admit it now). I think using two to four HRT/advanced meds with microneedling is probably the best. I also apply retin-A and adaptagel to face and hairline. I no longer use the Estrogel on the rest of my scalp as there really aren't any bare spots any longer except in the temples. But anyway, the idea is to take the thought work out of this and to just use a protocol without re-inventing the wheel.

It made me sad but there was a guy on here who tried to start his own thread sort of based upon emulating Bridge but without feminization, usually using estriol and I don't know, like twenty other things and it just stopped and the guy never posted any of the promised pics. I have seen one guy with okay hair recovery in the crown up to the hairline from using an estriol protocol but that's for guys say 40 and above. None of you young guys want that. The effort and expense just aren't worth it.

Janey
I do not consider Bridge to be an authority or a reference treatment. I like the Junely protocol. I will be using injections and small doses of Bicalutamide. He can't make it worse. And CPA is bad for health
There are no downsides in my protocol. It is cheap, allows you to reach any E levels, safe and not burdensome (1 injection every 1-2 weeks. There is no point in minoxidil, I have talked about it many times. I will not sit on this needle

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The follicles are dying before my eyes, what are you talking about?

First, I tried a last resort: Bicalutamide. Secondly, I already know that half measures like a slight increase in E will not help me, I just feel it. Thirdly, I do not have time to experiment, because I quickly go bald. Should I continue?
If we act as you suggest, then the follicles will die while I look for half measures.
Bullshit. I've repeatedly corrected you when writing crap a few minutes of searching would falsify.

Should I even answer this?
I don't expect you to. You haven't tried the combination treatment I suggested but still know it doesn't work. At the same time you, without evidence, talk about bicalutamide as a proven treatment (it isn't) and that you need to go to female hormone levels (still without supporting evidence).

I'm just about to do it lol. But in order to grow hair with aggressive baldness, T must be reduced to almost zero.
You have no reason to believe that. Enjoy your boobs.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently you can keep your minoxidil gains if your hairs are not affected by AA . Like you would be able to keep your beard if you stopped using it.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently you can keep your minoxidil gains if your hairs are not affected by AA . Like you would be able to keep your beard if you stopped using it.
I think this holds a lot of validity. By entension, I think it is possible to maintain at least some of the minoxidil gains on a 5ARI, as the blood and scalp environment has changed a bit. If you take dutasteride and have the DHT of a baby, you can probably keep some of the gains for a long time since the "minoxidil hair" is no longer being hammered by a barrage of DHT. Of course, it is all individual, and those with aggressive hair loss are still going to struggle with maintenance even when T is the only androgen. Minoxidil can resurrect hair, and 5ARIs/AAs have a chance at protecting it, while estrogen will most likely protect hair for nearly everyone (as well as resurrect it).

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is not for readers of Dr. Rassman.

With aggressive baldness, only a complete decrease in T helps, half measures do not work. A partial decrease in T will not stop the transmission of the androgen signal and will not change the follicle environment so that I get hair growth. Raising E only works if your T is lowered to the female level
I know what will help me, because it is obvious that I have early aggressive baldness, in which even HRT does not always give the desired result. Microdosing E can work as support at best, but you end up with hormone levels that will lead to the same feminization in the long run.

Suggestions to experiment with questionable protocols reminded me of the story of Steve Jobs, who sought alternative treatments before he died of cancer

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sigh. This thread is getting sad.

Tyler says, "This is your life good to the last drop. This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time".

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is not for readers of Dr. Rassman.

With aggressive baldness, only a complete decrease in T helps, half measures do not work. A partial decrease in T will not stop the transmission of the androgen signal and will not change the follicle environment so that I get hair growth. Raising E only works if your T is lowered to the female level
I know what will help me, because it is obvious that I have early aggressive baldness, in which even HRT does not always give the desired result. Microdosing E can work as support at best, but you end up with hormone levels that will lead to the same feminization in the long run.

Suggestions to experiment with questionable protocols reminded me of the story of Steve Jobs, who sought alternative treatments before he died of cancer
Bicalutamide is a questionable protocol for hair regrowth as is estrogen treatment.
Minoxidil, finasteride, and microneedling isn't questionable. They all have good documented effects as shown in a multitude of scientific trials.

For me microneedling alone gave results and adding minoxidil did wonders. Estrogen at a high dose for a long time have helped but wounding with minoxidil is the main driver in my results. Regrowth of a bald spot and dramatic increase in density all over my diffused thinned scalp, regrowth of hairline after 20 years and improved hair quality. If I don't needle there isn't anything happening.

FWIW I really want you to get your hair back.

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide is a questionable protocol for hair regrowth as is estrogen treatment.
Minoxidil, finasteride, and microneedling isn't questionable. They all have good documented effects as shown in a multitude of scientific trials.

For me microneedling alone gave results and adding minoxidil did wonders. Estrogen at a high dose for a long time have helped but wounding with minoxidil is the main driver in my results. Regrowth of a bald spot and dramatic increase in density all over my diffused thinned scalp, regrowth of hairline after 20 years and improved hair quality. If I don't needle there isn't anything happening.

FWIW I really want you to get your hair back.
Can I take that "microneedling" thing orally?