Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're Russians, man. I left the Russian balding community because of incredible stupidity and aggressiveness and joined you. You appreciate my knowledge and my efforts
I am more annoyed by Yar's schizophrenic delusions
Well, Yar's stuff only comes through on my side in Cyrillic so I never know what you guys are discussing.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using raloxifene alongside estrogen. I can not detect any differences in hair growth to my prior estrogen-only therapy. Breast growth still occurs as well, but much slower, sometimes my breasts also shrink down again. I don't know why that happens. The issue with raloxifene is that it will increase your testosterone production by 20%-40% on average and 4mg of estrogen will not be able to suppress T production sufficiently anymore. Maybe you could still experience regrowth, I don't know. There is virtually no material on this, at least I haven't been presented with it. So it could be that you still are going to need a blocker. Unfortunately, bicalutamid can not be used together with raloxifene in quantities high enough to suppress your T, because these two medications combined can raise T to the level of anabolic steroid abuse.
The issue that I see from many on the HRT sites is that raloxi and tamoxi are not reliable. So one person might have it work seemingly perfectly merely by chance while others might continue to get increased breast development. They are also expensive and they greatly complicate protocols. Gender or not, I notice constantly how XY's will use stacks of ten different hormonal meds and they are constantly changing meds and titration levels while FtM's use one thing basically and they don't discuss it ad nauseum. A lot of this for many of us is that we like to tinker and we like the control that it seems that hormones give us to change almost every aspect of our existence.

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's theoretically possible to apply raloxifene in a topical solution. Maybe Almas will conduct the experiment on our behalf.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back to the Ukraine then. All of these languages are so close. I used to hang with a bunch of Slavs from different places and they would just converse happily without translators. I think Russian is supposed to be the easiest. I was thinking about learning it but maybe they wouldn't want trannies visiting. Oh well. They love us in Paris!

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using raloxifene alongside estrogen. I can not detect any differences in hair growth to my prior estrogen-only therapy. Breast growth still occurs as well, but much slower, sometimes my breasts also shrink down again. I don't know why that happens. The issue with raloxifene is that it will increase your testosterone production by 20%-40% on average and 4mg of estrogen will not be able to suppress T production sufficiently anymore. Maybe you could still experience regrowth, I don't know. There is virtually no material on this, at least I haven't been presented with it. So it could be that you still are going to need a blocker. Unfortunately, bicalutamid can not be used together with raloxifene in quantities high enough to suppress your T, because these two medications combined can raise T to the level of anabolic steroid abuse.
There are 2 people who have successfully used 100-150mg of Bicalutamide with Raloxifene. Therefore, it is possible to make a complete blockage, you just need to increase the dose.

Or I can choose a dose of 4-6 mg to reduce T sufficiently

75mg Bica + 4-6mg E + 60mg Ralox

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Group Project:

One thing that maybe Almas could coordinate would be to find current or former users of spironolactone, bica or cpa and let's see if we can get a list of relevant documented sides and benefits of each. Are AA's synergistic with E2 somehow or are they merely additive. It can make a big difference. I think that many on CPA and spironolactone report less beard growth than when only on E2 even if they were hitting targets which makes me thing that blocking receptors might do more than just spoof higher E2 levels. I or someone else could try to reasonably calculate @bridgeburn's E2 levels. Given the massive doses he was on of most things, I think that he was probably continuously pushing over ~1,000 pg/ml which might be about right to shock the system into regrowth for the already bald. The issues are slightly different for young guys. People could mention any worries about de-mineralization or whether this is exaggerated which I think that Almas believes to be true. That way instead of us all just rooting for our ideal protocol, we can help people not waste time.

I still think that we should try to find folks who will start HRT at say ~300pg/ml right off the bat to see if that blows out breast ducts to reduce any breast development. It sure seems to with a huge number of MtF's but who knows. It could be a variety of small factors. I know that in the olden days they used to say that you would be one to two cups behind mother and sister which is true for me but for many, they are just puzzled because everyone has triple D's in the family and they get no breast growth even when "trying" as hard as possible. The gals obsess just as much about breast growth schemes as we do about hair growth schemes and crossing back and things like that that reseachers haven't even looked into. We are on the cusp of revolutionary things, not the guys taking Setis and using massive amounts of estriol which is like tying one's hands behind one's back. I mean, I salute all who try but I prefer the experimental guys who laugh at themselves on all of the new research threads where they say things like, "what's coming in the next five years? There hasn't been anything since dutasteride in 2002 so maybe shoot for what might happen by 2042. I guarantee you that if any of these male solution work completely, half of the tinkers will lose interest and not care anymore. It will be like fixing teeth. Oh, I will get around to it, there's no hurry. We have the tension without great meds of knowing that maintenance once lost is all but impossible to regain so there is a an urgency for things that merely maintain; they make HRT more predictable hair-wise and take a lot of the uncertainty out of it. We see this with MtFs with full heads of "male hair". It transitions to female hair gradually but when it is done, the improvement is clearly apparent. It's like the difference between Harrison Ford's hair say and Jennifer Anniston's.

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are 2 people who have successfully used 100-150mg of Bicalutamide with Raloxifene. Therefore, it is possible to make a complete blockage, you just need to increase the dose.

Or I can choose a dose of 4-6 mg to reduce T sufficiently

75mg Bica + 4-6mg E + 60mg Ralox
That's interesting. Maybe my information is outdated.
60mg of ralox is not enough to prevent breast growth when using 4mg or more of estrogen. It will only slower the process, so be aware of that. The biological availability of raloxifene hydrochloride is very low, I think it's like 2% but don't quote me on that, from 60 mg only 1.2 mg ending up in your system.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's interesting. Maybe my information is outdated.
60mg of ralox is not enough to prevent breast growth when using 4mg or more of estrogen. It will only slower the process, so be aware of that. The biological availability of raloxifene hydrochloride is very low, I think it's like 2% but don't quote me on that, from 60 mg only 1.2 mg ending up in your system.
Can you tell us how it works? Is it shaped like estrogen molecules?

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you tell us how it works? Is it shaped like estrogen molecules?
The molecular structure doesn't look very similar to me. Obviously it has to share some similarities to bind with the receptor, right. I don't know what affinity ralox has towards the receptors compared to estrogen. Since it has to compete with estrogen, it's probably a good idea to take raloxifene a couple hours in advance to estrogen to occupy receptors and then keep peak levels of E as low as conveniently possible. Maybe using raloxifene + estrogen cycles followed by raloxifene-only cycles is also an idea. Maybe we don't even need to suppress T completely to regain hair, and can suppress gyno from the compounding effect of raloxifene and androgens, simply ditching the blockers?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The molecular structure doesn't look very similar to me. Obviously it has to share some similarities to bind with the receptor, right. I don't know what affinity ralox has towards the receptors compared to estrogen. Since it has to compete with estrogen, it's probably a good idea to take raloxifene a couple hours in advance to estrogen to occupy receptors and then keep peak levels of E as low as conveniently possible. Maybe using raloxifene + estrogen cycles followed by raloxifene-only cycles is also an idea. Maybe we don't even need to suppress T completely to regain hair, and can suppress gyno from the compounding effect of raloxifene and androgens, simply ditching the blockers?
I love how guys on here conjecture about all of this stuff. We are like the mad scientists of old, except mad meaning angry, not crazy. We want our hair without breasts on the side and we will figure this out!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya I creep around when time allows, but life gets too busy trying to keep up with everything, Including studying Hairloss and growth. I'll try to be around
I remember you and me talking about boy band hair so I hope you are progressing to that guy type of hair that you admire with maybe pics. You were a good presence on the thread and you go way back.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember you and me talking about boy band hair so I hope you are progressing to that guy type of hair that you admire with maybe pics. You were a good presence on the thread and you go way back.
I have before and after photos, I’ll inbox you when I get time. You decide if I’m getting there. Next cycle my focus will be on progesterone and bica- I have a good feeling about it

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What 9 months hrt does to a motherfucker. Ever since switching to injections and adding duta my progress has been super fast, I now have vellus hairs all the way to NW0 (round hairline) so just waiting for them to mature :) Hopefully there by the end of the year. Amazing skin difference aswell

Cant attach or add image so:
What are your E and T levels?
Do you plan to stop HRT and maintain the result on Bicalutamide, or do you want to stay on injections forever?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What 9 months hrt does to a motherfucker. Ever since switching to injections and adding duta my progress has been super fast, I now have vellus hairs all the way to NW0 (round hairline) so just waiting for them to mature :) Hopefully there by the end of the year. Amazing skin difference aswell

Cant attach or add image so:
I am with you friend and thrilled for you and your progress. Oral min has helped my HRT a lot too. I am simply elated with my hair restoration and it all started when I began addressing the divinity as Goddess.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No clue as I don't get blood tests, I'm YOLOing it. But based on it's sexual "side effects" my levels are fine, I haven't had a single drip of semen in 6 months, less body hair, yada yada. I'm gonna stay on injections forever, I will probably drop bica and duta in the far far future
You might want to keep duta. Ephermal Kitten and I discussed this previously on this thread and some MtF's mysteriously have issues with DHT after castration.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
No clue as I don't get blood tests, I'm YOLOing it. But based on it's sexual "side effects" my levels are fine, I haven't had a single drip of semen in 6 months, less body hair, yada yada. I'm gonna stay on injections forever, I will probably drop bica and duta in the far far future

Dropping duta and bica is a bad idea imo, but it is up to you.