Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah true... but what about SERM's and their effect on follicles!?
Seeing as serms can have estrogenic or anti-estrogenic effects depending on the tissues, I often wonder which big pharma will be the first to develop a serm that targets (delivers estrogen) to the hair follicle receptors only.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard on here that Raloxifene has estrogenic effects on skin. Is this translateable to the hair as well!? As its part of the skin, and is it eben true!?

Also, thanks Noah for being online here, you really help us out! Thanks!
There is no evidence or study that shows Raloxifen having a negative effect on hair, like other SERMs

Hair loss is not listed in the side effects list; however look at the Side effect list for these particular SERMs and decide for yourself if it’s worth the risk.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seeing as serms can have estrogenic or anti-estrogenic effects depending on the tissues, I often wonder which big pharma will be the first to develop a serm that targets (delivers estrogen) to the hair follicle receptors only.
But would it work? We have baldness among estrogenic XX's already. Its hard to express exactly why but there is something about XY caucasian hormonal structure that has to be changed in order to get the really good hair. I assume most guys would trade in their beards for a full head of hair but there could be sides still. But the idea of having male skin from the eyebrows? down and female skin on top seems incongruous. The body seems likely to become disconcerted. Chicks don't grow beards and they lose their hair far less often than XY's. I think baldness in whites is akin to antlers or a lion's mane, making it very difficult to opt out of but who knows, maybe tomorrow....

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But would it work? We have baldness among estrogenic XX's already. Its hard to express exactly why but there is something about XY caucasian hormonal structure that has to be changed in order to get the really good hair. I assume most guys would trade in their beards for a full head of hair but there could be sides still. But the idea of having male skin from the eyebrows? down and female skin on top seems incongruous. The body seems likely to become disconcerted. Chicks don't grow beards and they lose their hair far less often than XY's. I think baldness in whites is akin to antlers or a lion's mane, making it very difficult to opt out of but who knows, maybe tomorrow....
Lol...something for tomorrow, only speculation for now but theoretically a serm could be created which stimulates a very narrow set of cells like scalp hair follicles without changing e serum levels.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol...something for tomorrow, only speculation for now but theoretically a serm could be created which stimulates a very narrow set of cells like scalp hair follicles without changing e serum levels.
Leaving us all to worry about beards, lol? Why do I have such a crappy beard, god? I predict when they have a cure that it will be like getting veneers over bad teeth with procrastination like, "oh, whenever I have some money and can get around to it" if it is say $30,000 like veneers.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a 80% chance of gynecomastia with Bicalutamide alone & You would need to combine it with finasteride if you’re going to use it without E.
Thanks again Noah,

But other than clearer skin and breasts, what other feminization should I expect, when I use it, especially at a young age (18 yo.)? I must say that I don't want to further grow or masculinize, to make that clear.

How is it possible that you can do a gyno surgery and take after that gyno-inducing meds and not grow gyno again!? What about deformity...?

Sorry for overrunning again.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't rely much on bicalutamide. I've used it non stop for almost a year with dutasteride. Only thing i got is gyno and sore nipples for a year. And then when i shared my experience here, everyone told me bica alone wouldn't do much, you have to take it with estrogen. What's the point of taking bica, if i am to use estrogen ? Anything with estrogen obviously will work good.

My sebum production was unchanged while i was using bicalutamide. I was oily as sh*t like usual. Now I've been taking cpa for 2 months and after like first pill, no more oily nose and face, no more testicle smell. Even after 2 months i still have no sings of gyno or nipple pain.
Even my grandfather's psa levels raised after sometime with bica. It went to 3s and the doctor told him to switch cpa. After that it decreased to below 1.

Obviously everyone is different and you can't know for sure without trying it but i think its obvious that cpa is far more superior than bica. The only problem is its possible long term side effects.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't rely much on bicalutamide. I've used it non stop for almost a year with dutasteride. Only thing i got is gyno and sore nipples for a year. And then when i shared my experience here, everyone told me bica alone wouldn't do much, you have to take it with estrogen. What's the point of taking bica, if i am to use estrogen ? Anything with estrogen obviously will work good.

My sebum production was unchanged while i was using bicalutamide. I was oily as sh*t like usual. Now I've been taking cpa for 2 months and after like first pill, no more oily nose and face, no more testicle smell. Even after 2 months i still have no sings of gyno or nipple pain.
Even my grandfather's psa levels raised after sometime with bica. It went to 3s and the doctor told him to switch cpa. After that it decreased to below 1.

Obviously everyone is different and you can't know for sure without trying it but i think its obvious that cpa is far more superior than bica. The only problem is its possible long term side effects.
This is very strange and I don't know how to explain it. My skin became 3 times less oily after 3 weeks of Bicalutamide. Bicalutamide is guaranteed to reduce the binding of androgens to receptors, otherwise you would not have gynecomastia. Did you keep on going bald? This is so strange...
It seems that Bicalutamide does not help everyone.
I take 50mg and increase to 75mg if there is no effect. I would like to get the result the same as Ein

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember Ikarus back then saying that Bicalutamide wasn't responsible for his regrowth, but for the stop of further progression. He claims that Estrogen was the key for him, for regrowth.

Tho he said that he got clearer skin, no sebum production on bica and a more neotenic look.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is very strange and I don't know how to explain it. My skin became 3 times less oily after 3 weeks of Bicalutamide. Bicalutamide is guaranteed to reduce the binding of androgens to receptors, otherwise you would not have gynecomastia. Did you keep on going bald? This is so strange...
It seems that Bicalutamide does not help everyone.
I take 50mg and increase to 75mg if there is no effect. I would like to get the result the same as Ein
No I've always maintained even with dutasteride alone. I took bica because i tought it would help my temples and some density but never happened. Initially you might experience decreased sebum production but after sometime it comes back. At least that's what happened to me. I was also taking 50 mg.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember Ikarus back then saying that Bicalutamide wasn't responsible for his regrowth, but for the stop of further progression. He claims that Estrogen was the key for him, for regrowth.

Tho he said that he got clearer skin, no sebum production on bica and a more neotenic look.
Bicalutamide can make pre-existing hair thicker and thicker, but it cannot grow bald patches like high doses of E

No I've always maintained even with dutasteride alone. I took bica because i tought it would help my temples and some density but never happened. Initially you might experience decreased sebum production but after sometime it comes back. At least that's what happened to me. I was also taking 50 mg.
It hurts to hear. There are examples on the forum where Bicalutamide helped a lot: Ein, Maave, DHTcel. All of them experienced thickening of their hair, an increase in thickness and even slight regrowth within six months. I would very much like Bicalutamide to work for me the same way, but there are no guarantees. I have Norwood 0.5, but severe hair thinning on the growth line, temples and parting line. I hope that Bicalutamide will increase the thickness of the hair, reverse the miniaturization, as happened with Ein, who increased the thickness of the hair.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide can make pre-existing hair thicker and thicker, but it cannot grow bald patches like high doses of E
He had diffuse thinning, still NW1, but almost bald. Did you saw any pictures of him? I miss him, he was a great member.