Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am constantly worried about whether treatment will help me. I constantly think about what options I have. How painful it is to wait for these 6 months. But the worst thing will be if I don't see any improvement. I don't know how I will need to keep myself under control so as not to kill myself ...
It's scary when expectations in months are not met

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am constantly worried about whether treatment will help me. I constantly think about what options I have. How painful it is to wait for these 6 months. But the worst thing will be if I don't see any improvement. I don't know how I will need to keep myself under control so as not to kill myself ...
When do you plan to test your levels again? Consider testing liver as well!

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After 6 months look for baby hairs, give it 9 months before you begin to worry. Use dutasteride, Bicalutamide and E2 you will have your hair back before the year ends.

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mryellowman, I think chances are you might be just a bad responder to bica. Most people who have used it in the past for one reason or another report that it did do something for them.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
After 6 months look for baby hairs, give it 9 months before you begin to worry. Use dutasteride, Bicalutamide and E2 you will have your hair back before the year ends.
How much E2 would you consider? I am thinking of 2mg...

Btw. Are we reckless in your opinion? Or is this the only working option we are going for... in my eyes, this is just the best thing we can do, because hair loss is indeed a hormonal result...

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Small hairs can be deceiving. Now I have a lot of them, but this is due to the fact that my hair has been miniaturized. That is, these are not new hairs, but on the contrary, old ones, but reduced due to baldness

I want to find a balance between side effects and effect. To do this, I have to test treatment regimens and gradually increase the strength of the treatment until I find the minimum combination that works. Yes, I could just use E, but the side effects are unacceptable, this can only be a temporary measure. In any case, I need to find a regime that can support me, stop the progression
I've always said I was looking for balance. This is a tricky search.
Also, before using E, the breasts must be removed to avoid breast growth. This treatment requires preparation and testing every month. Before nuclear weapons, I'll try everything else

When do you plan to test your levels again? Consider testing liver as well!
I will check my levels when I get a result on any dosage. It doesn't make sense now. The liver ... Yes, I should probably check it out. But I'm too lazy.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much E2 would you consider? I am thinking of 2mg...

Btw. Are we reckless in your opinion? Or is this the only working option we are going for... in my eyes, this is just the best thing we can do, because hair loss is indeed a hormonal result...
We are all wreckless for doing this, this should be the absolute last option if all else fails. I tried all other possibilities for 5 years before coming here, this is the only thing that works for me. Indeed this is a hormone related issue. For some finasteride and dutasteride are enough to recover thin hairs. For others they need minoxidil, for some minoxidil is useless, some try Bicalutamide and finasteride or spironolactone and that works, for some it doesn’t, if all those fail you either stay on finasteride and dutasteride forever and fly to Istanbul turkey and get a great hair transplant for $5,000 or you hop on HRT. These are the last options.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, as if a lot of people were using it. 5 people have tried it without minoxidil or E. No more. Too small sample
That cuts both ways and probably more so against the thesis related to promoting use of bicalutamide. Robust hypotheses require double blind sampling to conform with scientific method. We know that raising E and lower T seems to be the major part of the solution but it still could be that idiosyncrasies in the use of anti-androgens lessen predictive value related to who benefits. Plenty of folks have tried AA's and given up but then tend not to post obsessively. There has also been an acknowledged problem with feminization and massive shedding related to the use of AA's both with and without estrogen.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That cuts both ways and probably more so against the thesis related to promoting use of bicalutamide. Robust hypotheses require double blind sampling to conform with scientific method. We know that raising E and lower T seems to be the major part of the solution but it still could be that idiosyncrasies in the use of anti-androgens lessen predictive value related to who benefits. Plenty of folks have tried AA's and given up but then tend not to post obsessively. There has also been an acknowledged problem with feminization and massive shedding related to the use of AA's both with and without estrogen.
Unfortunately, there will never be any AA research in this direction. Mouse research is the best we have. But it does not tell us anything new and still does not answer the question about dosages.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there will never be any AA research in this direction. Mouse research is the best we have. But it does not tell us anything new and still does not answer the question about dosages.
I don't know that that is true. Some times meta-analyses of data can work to attempt to support a hypothesis. I think the major scandal in the MtF world is that very few practitioners appear to be maintaining treatment data related to breast growth or hair growth or facial feminization (which could theoretically be done by measuring the distance between facial features).

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
"I have no idea how long I'll be able to take Bicalutamide though. I'll probably consider castration and Spironolactone after a decade or two, or switch to Enzalutamide/Darolutamide/Apalutamide when it becomes available and affordable.
Also, I'm open to suggestions of any type"

- Ein

I also hope that I can take it for 10-20 years, by then there should be a cure, please :(. Lol

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in month 18 so this is not a quick-fixer-upper. For younger folks, I think that six to twelve months of maintaining adult female levels of T and E should be sought but I have no idea whether middling amounts of both T and E do much. They didn't for me which was why I began flooding my system with E2. @bridgeburn must have been maintaining levels well above 500 pg/ml, maybe twice that while my last test was a staggering 2,600 pg/ml. Now he and I were bald and a bit older so results might take longer. You and Pl and Tato all already have most of your hair so you might see mostly increases in silkiness and sheen but those matter greatly and are part of the same problem/solution.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Bicalutamide helps me, the problem will be solved for most people:
If you have saved your hair and did not have time to go bald too much - increase the density on Bicalutamide
If you are bald - Bicalutamide + E for 6-9 months, and then remove E

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Bicalutamide helps me, the problem will be solved for most people:
If you have saved your hair and did not have time to go bald too much - increase the density on Bicalutamide
If you are bald - Bicalutamide + E for 6-9 months, and then remove E
Yep, as long as you maintain the blockage of T your hair will stay. Assuming you dont use minoxidil.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"I have no idea how long I'll be able to take Bicalutamide though. I'll probably consider castration and Spironolactone after a decade or two, or switch to Enzalutamide/Darolutamide/Apalutamide when it becomes available and affordable.
Also, I'm open to suggestions of any type"

- Ein

I also hope that I can take it for 10-20 years, by then there should be a cure, please :(. Lol
If you understand that the universe is ironic in general, then you know that any solution is likely to require castration/chemical castration because that's just how the shitty world works. Females struggle to emulate males in things that involve aggressiveness or risk-taking because estrogen reduces the inclination towards such things but I have a female friend who constantly is complaining about all the males in her field who are less risk-averse.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, as long as you maintain the blockage of T your hair will stay. Assuming you dont use minoxidil.
Will I need to increase the dosage of Estrogel until the tests show a female E level? If you need more than 2 clicks, it will be expensive... Or add pills to them. I don’t know how to raise the E level correctly

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, Noah said that T makes him devastated and E more emotional. I'm sure this is one of the reasons why men are more likely to commit suicide. When it comes to male suicide, they usually say that this is due to a greater responsibility on men: they work harder. But the hormonal part of the question is not covered.