Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide can make pre-existing hair thicker and thicker, but it cannot grow bald patches like high doses of E

It hurts to hear. There are examples on the forum where Bicalutamide helped a lot: Ein, Maave, DHTcel. All of them experienced thickening of their hair, an increase in thickness and even slight regrowth within six months. I would very much like Bicalutamide to work for me the same way, but there are no guarantees. I have Norwood 0.5, but severe hair thinning on the growth line, temples and parting line. I hope that Bicalutamide will increase the thickness of the hair, reverse the miniaturization, as happened with Ein, who increased the thickness of the hair.
I mean no offense. I don't know about Maave but Ein and Dhtcell, i discussed with these people for pages over pm and as i remember from their photos they had no hair issues at all. No temple recession, they had thick head of hair. Sometimes photos lie, so ofcourse they would've know better but if they had a hair problem, i can only assume it was slight.

I remember last photos of dhtcell, he grew hairs where there shouldn't be which is quite success but he didn't use bica alone and he was overdosing like a polish guy i assume which was banned quite long ago. I couldn't remember the name.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean no offense. I don't know about Maave but Ein and Dhtcell, i discussed with these people for pages over pm and as i remember from their photos they had no hair issues at all. No temple recession, they had thick head of hair. Sometimes photos lie, so ofcourse they would've know better but if they had a hair problem, i can only assume it was slight.

I remember last photos of dhtcell, he grew hairs where there shouldn't be which is quite success but he didn't use bica alone and he was overdosing like a polish guy i assume which was banned quite long ago. I couldn't remember the name.
AntyDHTor

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AntyDHTor
Yes that's him. About ikarus, as i remember he first started bica, after sometime he added estrogen and then he saw improvement.

I know bica sounds like a dream. Blocks all the T , increases estrogen over aromatase, much safer side effect profile. Theoretically it sounds like ultimate hair loss drug but practically it's just doesn't enough. Maybe high doses would make a difference. I never tried above 50mg.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's him. About ikarus, as i remember he first started bica, after sometime he added estrogen and then he saw improvement.

I know bica sounds like a dream. Blocks all the T , increases estrogen over aromatase, much safer side effect profile. Theoretically it sounds like ultimate hair loss drug but practically it's just doesn't enough. Maybe high doses would make a difference. I never tried above 50mg.
50mg is just insufficient. We know that by the anecdotal reports. 25-50mg + E is great. But when you want to use it without E, you should consider 100mg with finasteride/dutasteride.

(50mg is used in castration males, +150mg in not-castrated males, I think!?)

The positive feedback on the HPTA axis because of bicalutamide (monotherpay) makes it hard to work on small doses.
Thats what I got from all the research I did the last months/half a year. Not sure in the end!

Edit: If we want to use 50mg, we have to mimic a castrated male's levels', but in reality, we don't want that, thats just insane!

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do you know anything of Ikarus, what he did recently!? He ditched the E because of personal reasons. Think he got self inflicted gender dysphoria oh well.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The severity of baldness lies not in its degree, but in how early it started. DHTcel had Norwood 1 and quickly noticed his baldness. Like Ein. I have Norwood 0.5 and also noticed baldness right away. We need to start acting as soon as possible
Even HRT may not be enough for you to grow highly miniaturized hair or grow on bald areas. I hope that Bicalutamide can improve existing hair - those that are thinned.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know anything of Ikarus, what he did recently!? He ditched the E because of personal reasons. Think he got self inflicted gender dysphoria oh well.
I really don't know. I've been off of the hair community quite sometime.

The severity of baldness lies not in its degree, but in how early it started. DHTcel had Norwood 1 and quickly noticed his baldness. Like Ein. I have Norwood 0.5 and also noticed baldness right away. We need to start acting as soon as possible
Even HRT may not be enough for you to grow highly miniaturized hair or grow on bald areas. I hope that Bicalutamide can improve existing hair - those that are thinned.
Yes that's right. What i mean is that at early stages you can't know for sure which medicine is working. As far as i know these guys directly started bica and dutasteride. Dutasteride alone could've gained them same results. Can you say for sure that their success was relied on bica ?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes that's right. What i mean is that at early stages you can't know for sure which medicine is working. As far as i know these guys directly started bica and dutasteride. Dutasteride alone could've gained them same results. Can you say for sure that their success was relied on bica ?
Maave used Bicalutamide high doses as well because she/he is non-binary and he got temple regrowth. He combined it with SERMs to prevent gyno at all cost.

I wouldn't advise taking Bicalutamide high doses alone, you need to combine it with either 5ARi or E. Or at best all three and bica low dose, but then you enter HRT realm.

I can't wait for Almas' 6th month mark to see what he will gain.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ein used Finasteride, finasteride + spironolactone, and then Bicalutamide + finasteride. Finasteride did not help him, although he gave him a lot of time. A typical situation for those who began to go bald in their youth. DHTcel also tried Duth and a lot of other things, but it only responded to Bicalutamide.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ein used Finasteride, finasteride + spironolactone, and then Bicalutamide + finasteride. Finasteride did not help him, although he gave him a lot of time. A typical situation for those who began to go bald in their youth. DHTcel also tried Duth and a lot of other things, but it only responded to Bicalutamide.
Yeah maybe you're right. I just shared my experience with it. Like i said everyone is different and you won't know for sure without trying it. I hope you guys for the best. I wish you catch the success with bica that i couldn't.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah maybe you're right. I just shared my experience with it. Like i said everyone is different and you won't know for sure without trying it. I hope you guys for the best. I wish you catch the success with bica that i couldn't.
May I ask what you do now, your Norwood and future plans? You're a great member on here, I appreciate all your effort!

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
CPA is less effective and less safe. When you achieve results on CPA + E, try 50-75mg Bica + finasteride / Duta to maintain results.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May I ask what you do now, your Norwood and future plans? You're a great member on here, I appreciate all your effort!
Thank you! Im norwood 1 or 1.5. I was heavily diffusing on nw6 zone. But im good now. I've recovered thanks to dutasteride and its been 3 years now. Im currently on oral minoxidil and cpa for temples.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! Im norwood 1 or 1.5. I was heavily diffusing on nw6 zone. But im good now. I've recovered thanks to dutasteride and its been 3 years now. Im currently on oral minoxidil and cpa for temples.
I really dont understand why you use cpa? It makes only sense if you would use it in combination with E. Can you elaborate your use, or well, your intention?

I also heard that dutasteride interacts with cpa, because dutasteride affects progesterones' metabolizing enzym activity. And Cyproterone Acetate is a synthetic progesterone derivate.
You may experience problems with liver because of that. Not to mention CPA's side effects.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really dont understand why you use cpa? It makes only sense if you would use it in combination with E. Can you elaborate your use, or well, your intention?

I also heard that dutasteride interacts with cpa, because dutasteride affects progesterones' metabolizing enzym activity. And Cyproterone Acetate is a synthetic progesterone derivate.
You may experience problems with liver because of that. Not to mention CPA's side effects.
CPA will not return your whiskey, only E is capable of this ... Even with Bicalutamide, there are more chances of returning your whiskey, because it raises your E. You should have tried increasing the dosage to 75-100mg for E to do its job

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Anti androgens are the border for me. I don't want to cross the line by using estrogen. I've seen good stories with cpa and dutasteride alone. One of them is AnxiousAndy. That guy regrew his hairline with cpa and minoxidil and im currently testing. If i see no progress or nasty side effects im going to drop it. I currently have 100mg pills and i divide them into 6 which makes it approximately 16 mg. Its enough not so high.

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti androgens are the border for me. I don't want to cross the line by using estrogen. I've seen good stories with cpa and dutasteride alone. One of them is AnxiousAndy. That guy regrew his hairline with cpa and minoxidil and im currently testing. If i see no progress or nasty side effects im going to drop it. I have currenlty 100mg pills and i divide them into 6 which makes it approximately 16 mg. Its enough not so high.
Good point, and yes, I know him and his story.

For CPA you need only small doses to make it work, please keep us updated! How long are you on it?

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good point, and yes, I know him and his story.

For CPA you need only small doses to make it work, please keep us updated! How long are you on it?
I don't exactly know. I usually write down the date when i start a new medicine, i forgot to do it this time. I should be around 1.5 - 2 months.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Itsnoahkennedy does this sort out the englarged aerola also? if these got out of hand and stayed that way, its not pretty. i jumped as soon as it started, and i think the ralox i was already on brought them back...
Judging from transition timelines, the areola effects are often much more substantial than is the development of breast tissue. Most MtF's seek both but it appears that people who already have gyno often have the most areola and breast development. Areolas don't revert in size although breast development apparently might when using Serms.