Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2019-08-29_at_2.25.15_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2019-08-29_at_2.25.15_PM.png
    882 KB · Views: 183

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
bicalutamide is not able to cure baldness. there are only success stories for cyproterone and spironolactone. you want to train both hair and testosterone together. This is not possible. Bicalutamide should only be used after the hair has grown.
Yikes. If that is true, then there will be a few crest-fallen folks on here. In the MtF world, people are hyper-focused on breast growth and body feminization and there are far fewer questions about hair loss since most of the new ones don't have hair issues since they are so young. People tout bica as being good for breast growth, here:

But hair loss is not something that he is known for treating and he refuses to prescribe reductase inhibitors even for FtM's. I met a person over there who was really into bica and who told me about the @bridgeburn site so that's how I ended up over here since I wasn't finding much interest in hair loss on the reddit MtF sites. Anecdotally, she was balding since 15 and now is 23, I think and I got the impression that even with bica, that she had given up on hair restoration. This person was like almas and Pls and knew tons about HRT and the mechanisms of feminization.

So I am agnostic but I think that bica should help with hair loss at least in conjunction with E2 but I am E2 only except for progesterone/medroxyprogesterone acetate.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an interesting question. The point is, all cis guys want to grow their hair out to tolerate the least feminization possible. You need to grow your hair out before your face changes too much. I will study at the university. I don’t want others to point a finger at me and say that I look strange.
Look at @bridgeburn's pics but only at his face. That is probably best case/worst case scenario for anyone depending on whether facial feminization is a bug or a feature. To me, he looked very young facially and even a bit frail but overall, he was all but completely androgynous. It's usually a plus in terms of looks but if you look at the facial judgment studies involving women, many women appear to prefer oval-ish faces in general and find them more attractive but during estrus, they often then prefer blockier, squarish faces. It's all too predictable in terms of eggs being precious and sperm being cheap.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yikes. If that is true, then there will be a few crest-fallen folks on here. In the MtF world, people are hyper-focused on breast growth and body feminization and there are far fewer questions about hair loss since most of the new ones don't have hair issues since they are so young. People tout bica as being good for breast growth, here:

But hair loss is not something that he is known for treating and he refuses to prescribe reductase inhibitors even for FtM's. I met a person over there who was really into bica and who told me about the @bridgeburn site so that's how I ended up over here since I wasn't finding much interest in hair loss on the reddit MtF sites. Anecdotally, she was balding since 15 and now is 23, I think and I got the impression that even with bica, that she had given up on hair restoration. This person was like almas and Pls and knew tons about HRT and the mechanisms of feminization.

So I am agnostic but I think that bica should help with hair loss at least in conjunction with E2 but I am E2 only except for progesterone/medroxyprogesterone acetate.
Bicalutamide should at least stop the progression. This is already a victory. This is the main goal, because in this case we can grow on HRT and maintain the result on Bicalutamide

DHTHUNTER

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide blocks androgen receptors, so this T does not function in the scalp. It also raises E to the upper range, which, when combined with receptor blocking, can produce moderate growth. But this does not work for everyone.
research and practice are different things.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
research and practice are different things.
Bicalutamide is not that popular, which is why we have fewer reports. But if used for HRT, it is not inferior to CPA: it does not matter at female hormone levels.
We have few people who have tried it without E. Some have succeeded and some have not. Most of the success was achieved with dosages of 100mg. I am using 75

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an interesting question. The point is, all cis guys want to grow their hair out to tolerate the least feminization possible. You need to grow your hair out before your face changes too much. I will study at the university. I don’t want others to point a finger at me and say that I look strange.
Botox of the masseter muscles is something that you should look into for hair regrowth but it does somewhat feminize the face from very little to much in terms of narrowing a squarish face. It's not expensive and Rob English has cited to one study indicating an eighteen percent increase in hair counts although I am dubious as to whether this study can be replicated to that extent. It should help some and for MtF's, in my opinion, relaxation of the masseter muscles is close to a no brainer as it shouldn't cost more than a couple of hundred dollars annually if it is done at six month intervals. Once the masseter muscles are down to normal cis-female levels in terms of withering from development, further use of botox is likely to be unnecessary for those on HRT.

Last edited:

DHTHUNTER

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think bika is good for MTF transformation. but not for hair growth. everyone wants to use the bika because it is the safest. but miracles do not happen .. :(

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide is not that popular, which is why we have fewer reports. But if used for HRT, it is not inferior to CPA: it does not matter at female hormone levels.
We have few people who have tried it without E. Some have succeeded and some have not. Most of the success was achieved with dosages of 100mg. I am using 75
Bica is very hard for MtF's to get in the states due to its association with flutamide as being bad for the liver (prescribers tend to be set in their ways) plus my doctor admitted that the insurance companies do not like paying for bica so usually spironolactone and Premarin are what she prescribes. To many MtF theorists, using Premarin orally is something that makes them apoplectic but Premarin is old school and some claim better for breast growth. Whether that applies to hair regrowth, I am uncertain.

Generally, MtF's distinguish between bica, spironolactone and CPA based upon sides, cost and availability, and spironolactone and CPA are dirt cheap as is Premarin. MtF's don't have much of a theory of hair regrowth at all, which might seem strange but the group is mostly composed of younger folks not needing regrowth and older gals who are wig-wearers. Especially for blacks and maybe hispanics and those who emulate divas, wigs are seen as part of the uniform and "regular" hair is sort of boring in that context since you can't tease it up the same way.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide should at least stop the progression. This is already a victory. This is the main goal, because in this case we can grow on HRT and maintain the result on Bicalutamide
Safety-wise, bica is either the safest of the three or tied with spironolactone in the long-run. In the short-run, spironolactone, especially if not titrated carefully seems to have by far the most taxing immediate and continuing sides in terms of stereotypical notions of becoming weaker and more easily fatigued. I surmise that any "brain fog" is due to the fatigue and salt-depletion effects. CPA works great for hair for many people, I believe as can spironolactone. The main study we have involves spironolactone for MtF's unable to reach targets and it was only a one-person study but she needed to hit targets for substantive regrowth.

I think that regrowth and maintenance are two different things in terms of how the body tries to mediate them. So for maintenance and subtle quality improvements of hair, Biestro on the scalp might work much better than for regrowth. At least that was largely my anecdotal experience.

So bica might have the least feminizing sides in many ways but it could be that it is less effective for regrowth. CPA, Bica and MPA, which for some reason gets no love, all have pretty long histories of human use. Bicaulatimide does not unless you include the other 'mides but many people believe that long-term use of CPA is not worth the rare but dangerous long-term sides.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Safety-wise, bica is either the safest of the three or tied with spironolactone in the long-run. In the short-run, spironolactone, especially if not titrated carefully seems to have by far the most taxing immediate and continuing sides in terms of stereotypical notions of becoming weaker and more easily fatigued. I surmise that any "brain fog" is due to the fatigue and salt-depletion effects. CPA works great for hair for many people, I believe as can spironolactone. The main study we have involves spironolactone for MtF's unable to reach targets and it was only a one-person study but she needed to hit targets for substantive regrowth.

I think that regrowth and maintenance are two different things in terms of how the body tries to mediate them. So for maintenance and subtle quality improvements of hair, Biestro on the scalp might work much better than for regrowth. At least that was largely my anecdotal experience.

So bica might have the least feminizing sides in many ways but it could be that it is less effective for regrowth. CPA, Bica and MPA, which for some reason gets no love, all have pretty long histories of human use. Bicaulatimide does not unless you include the other 'mides but many people believe that long-term use of CPA is not worth the rare but dangerous long-term sides.
CPA does not induce regrowth, growth induces E. Bicalutamide may induce slight regrowth, but this is individual and dose dependent. My 75mg dosage should thicken the hair, but not regrow new hair. Let's see what happens

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is he:

1616008733832.png

This pic put me off from oral min for a while. <shudders> Why that's worse than being bald!. He looks like Eddie from the show the Munsters!