Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yar lowered his T, losing muscle mass and added estrogen with progesterone, believing he had made some kind of discovery in the hair area. Oh, those Russian scientists ...

Attachments

• IMG_20210227_085047_244.jpg
    IMG_20210227_085047_244.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 83

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yar lowered his T, losing muscle mass and added estrogen with progesterone, believing he had made some kind of discovery in the hair area. Oh, those Russian scientists ...
So what?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will solve this problem!!! I need to control my DHEA-S and my adrenal androgen, then, the next step is bica and the other stuff, but first I need to solve rhat problem.

Metformin, lowers insulin, IGF-1 and DHEA.

I know I sound like a broken record but I want everyone to know there is a medication that basically takes care of the other big three killer hormones for hair.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

God's kind of a f*****g c*** to make men who are so androgen sensitive that it ruins their hair.

So, I would say that either god isn't so godly, or they're trusting in people to make the best decisions for themselves, and my god, imagine believing that men don't have estrogen coursing through their bodies as well as testosterone.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Metformin, lowers insulin, IGF-1 and DHEA.

I know I sound like a broken record but I want everyone to know there is a medication that basically takes care of the other big three killer hormones for hair.
Do you think i should take metformin just like that?
Can it exacerbate diabetes if you quit?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the thing, if you have absolutely no indication of insulin resistance, and no indication of excessively high or even mid-high insulin/igf-1 levels, I would say it is still acceptable to take metformin, but at a low dosage.

IMO metformin has gotten a horrendous reputation for bad sides because it was a drug that came out around the time boomers were ruining their bodies with terrible eating habits and developing full blown diabetes. So doctors were basically like: "Here, take a fuckton of it to treat your extreme diabeetus", and of course people got awful sides and doctors did not tell them you must, absolutely must supplement vit-b12 and folate because metformin will deplete you of both if you don't.

2 grams of metformin is stupidly high, and I would say just as a preventative you should be taking somewhere in the realm of 250-300mg of metformin if you are trying to lower certain hormones. If you can tolerate more titrate up. I would not exceed a gram in most cases, as that's when you get into side effect territory.

My Doctor wants me to take one last hormone panel before they put me on it, that will dictate my initial dose, but yes, I'm 100% going to try it because at this point I'm certain that testosterone is not my problem with regard to hair loss.

I'm pretty sure it's a matter of insulin/igf-1 and -maybe- DHEA, but I believe a lack of proper growth factors is a mitigating factor.

That's minoxidil territory, or PRP, but PRP is dummy expensive and I would not recommend doing what I did and get it once per month, it hurts all to hell and it's extremely expensive, but it absolutely -did- work, I just think that minoxidil would work just as well if I could get a dose that won't give me sides.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you go off metformin, your insulin sensitivity and insulin and IGF-1 levels will simply creep back up again, it's one of those drugs that if you want the long-term benefits, you have to be on it for life, so the key is knowing what you can tolerate versus just bombing yourself with doctor recommended doses.

Doctors are just as much modern clerical workers than anything, a lot of them don't have the time to look up and invest time in researching the effects of all the drugs they prescribe. It's like most teachers these days, they just get the curriculum from the government and repeat what it says.

There are some good doctors that understand things a bit better but many of them are so rare that it's far better for you to do the research on your own.

Metformin is definitely one of those drugs that you absolutely have to be careful with, as with many overdosed drugs, the bad sides come from the fact that it builds up cumulatively.

There are some people who use metformin as a preventative, so I hardly think taking it as somebody without diabetes will give it to you if you go off it, but it absolutely can prevent the onset from even occurring and the resultant damage.

It's just you absolutely must respect the medication and realize that more isn't better.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I have that problem. I have too many adrenal androgens. My DHEA-S levels are about 671 ng/dl, while the norm for my age is 35-569 ng/dl.
But yeah I am fucked. I have too many adrenal androgens and I don't know how to combat them. Oof, any ideas? Are there any DHEA-S blockers? Lmao
Resveratrol may help reduce adrenal androgens.
Do you know your androstenedione level?

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds good, the only thing I would be careful of is the fact that it behaves like an antioxidant, and yes oxidative stress can hurt hair, but taking too much of any antioxidant will impede hair growth, but that's a good bit of info, I'll have to try resveratrol again.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow, thank you guys! Metformin and Resveratrol could really help me!

Do you think that my hair loss can be ONLY stopped? Or can I even reverse it if I control everything?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this might help me:

1,25mg Finasteride
50/100mg Bicalutamide
(2,5mg Minoxidil)

500/1000mg Metformin
500/1000mg Resveratrol

This combo should be it.

I wonder if I can keep this treatment regimen for ever. Might use dutasteride instead of finasteride.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm I think this is kinda weird... transplanted hair falls out in the balding areas, so it's not permanent, not even the "androgen-insensitive" follicles. Any thoughts?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
My T is almost lower than the normal range should be and my E2 is reaching almost the highest possible of the normal range, I am confused. I wonder what's the levels of all my other androgens.

If T is literally that low, and there's low DHT because of finasteride in the next blood test, 50mg bica will carry me for life lol.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210227_090354.jpg

Sorry for overrunning this thread all and all over again :(

But is this Miniaturization along the hairline/temples? Yes, right?