Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil dependence should not be a thing in HRT since the follicles are woken up from dormancy and therefore healed. There's no evidence that minoxidil is temporary provided sufficient sulfurotransferase is available. I don't believe any sort of dependency is a thing with HRT. How would you attribute the dependence? To estrogen? To finasteride? To bica? I think the idea that certain hair is dependent is completely wrong even in a male context. That's just what all of the fanboys on Tressless claim. "Poor me. I don't want to use minoxidil because my hair will become dependent"

I think the idea is crap. But the second part is right possibly but minoxidil can be used for maintenance just as well.
I know someone who gets results on Minoxidil and Bicalutamide. When he stops Minoxidil, his hair becomes thinner. I don't know how it works, but I just see this trend in other people: Minoxidil works temporarily and E grows forever if you have a supportive therapy working.

Thus, because of Minoxidil, you may think that the situation is better than it actually is.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not even slightly worried about my temples, they can stay where they are for all I care. I got money for a transplant but I want my overall density to go up
Your density looks fine in the crown. Lol, people might start ignoring you because your hair is too good.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know someone who gets results on Minoxidil and Bicalutamide. When he stops Minoxidil, his hair becomes thinner. I don't know how it works, but I just see this trend in other people: Minoxidil works temporarily and E grows forever if you have a supportive therapy working.

Thus, because of Minoxidil, you may think that the situation is better than it actually is.
Well, that's not exactly the same as hair being dependent but yeah, I guess if we get to a really good stage, then minoxidil could be involved with shaft diameter but that's different from losing actually hair counts which is what I assume most people are alleging as part of minoxidil-dependency. From my perspective, I have used min for 30 years and I will gladly use it 30 more if necessary. The other thing is that when we desist from certain meds, we know it so there could be a reverse placebo sort of thing going on.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have my low-tech method of testing density called the reverse comb-over. A comb-over attempts to style the hair to obscure thinning areas. Try doing the opposite, meaning brush the hair in the crown so as to expose as much thinning as possible and then take a pic. There have been times where I have thought things were perfect but nope, using the reverse comb-over until recently still showed reflective thin areas. I try to encourage the "am I balding" folks to do this.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If anything it should give people browsing this thread hope. My results are probably good for 8 months HRT considering no minoxidil and only recently started duta but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to this. My regimen is just standard HRT, nowhere close to what some people in this thread are taking
Do you remember your age, or more well stated, remind us of your age and balding history?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 27 now, I started balding before 18. It was really slow, I didn't even really notice until I was basically NW3 at 23ish.... I didn't bother starting finasteride/min or anything else at the time cause I figured I'd be dead by 25. I kinda wish I had old pictures to show but I refused to be on camera
I get that about the pics. I used to just watch tv and click my phone from different angles during my shed to record it but not to have to look at it. The fact that you (and I) are able to post pics on the biggest English language hair site shows great healing psychologically on your part. Even if you stall, you are one of the few where refinements of just a few grafts might carry you the rest of the way. My hope is to do this without transplants and I probably wouldn't go that route now since there are so many permutations that MtF's can try and it could be that if you pushed even further into high E2 levels that that might be the final break-through.

The temple and crown are the last places for children where they fill in as well. These areas have a high surface tension and perhaps reduced blood flow.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No clue. I started on 6mg estradiol sublingual 3 weeks before starting bica and have been on both since. My hair is thicker now but still really thin compared to average men my age
How long has it been since you began HRT?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 27 now, I started balding before 18. It was really slow, I didn't even really notice until I was basically NW3 at 23ish.... I didn't bother starting finasteride/min or anything else at the time cause I figured I'd be dead by 25. I kinda wish I had old pictures to show but I refused to be on camera
Have you thought about using tretinoin and derma-rolling on your scalp? (and face, because it does great things to improve looks facially). Also, consider massaging your forehead and temples and getting botox on your masseter muscles. I have that done every six months and it will both feminize your face and lower tension on the sides and back of the neck. Rob English cited to a study where this increased hair counts by about 20 percent.

I will probably write about the masseter treatment on my thread. My doctor says that he is doing much less cosmetic surgery because they can achieve many goals using only botox and filler to feminize the face. With the results potentially on hair, botox relaxation of the masseters is like a two'fer. Some of these young guys on here might want to consider the botox of the masseter as well. Botox just on the masseters is not too bad but the overall costs of my treatments with that and filler are not cheap.

Last edited:

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is restoring, it has just severely slowed down in the last 3 months (which is when I quit finasteride, recently started duta). For comparison, I attached my first progress pic and a quick pic I took just now. My "good" side (left in picture) has really stalled but my bad side is catching up slowly

0.18ml EV every 5 days which is already a high dose for monotherapy. I don't want to get my levels tested for private reasons but I'm gonna assume my levels cant be bad
Yooo it’s getting so much better!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yooo it’s getting so much better!
Lol. I have had a good side and bad side going back to my early 20's. I think it is because surface tension/tightening of the scalp occurs more on one side than the other. It used to suck because my hair looked better on one side if I parted it there but then it looked worse in the crown. If I tried to obscure the crown, then it looked worse where I parted it.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
July 12th 2020 I started estradiol, 5th of August I started bica.

I needle (dermapen m8) every week but only the bald areas because it's such a hassle going over areas with hair. I also apply tretinoin to my forehead but not my temples (I know its good in combination with minoxidil but does it help without?)

It really is but it has slowed down so much :/ I know I should be happy because I've already regrown so much. I'm pretty sure I'll be at my full potential by the end of the year

HRT has done much more for me than just hair though. I've lost three rashes that I've had my entire life that no dermatologist ever managed to fix, I don't get headaches every day anymore (actually haven't had a headache since I started HRT)
My feeling is that estradiol and tretinoin together pack a wallop of a punch and they de-age pretty much all tissue. I use tretinoin at least once weekly and also when I microneedle.

I had the exact same thing with the rashes and HRT helped but beard removal really stopped the cycles of dermatitis and P. acnes rashes which were making my life miserable and making shaving into a half-hour or more process because I had to stop the bleeding before leaving the house.

HRT is something that apart from the breeding issues, I would recommend to anyone in terms of longevity promotion and improvement in attractiveness.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happens if I start HRT throughout the year to grow my hair? Will people around me notice that I'm changing? Will I be considered unusual, strange, or suspected that I look too feminine?

The second question is, is it necessary to reach female E levels in order to get results? Or can you balance by getting results?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What happens if I start HRT throughout the year to grow my hair? Will people around me notice that I'm changing? Will I be considered unusual, strange, or suspected that I look too feminine?

The second question is, is it necessary to reach female E levels in order to get results? Or can you balance by getting results?
Femininzation of the face is pretty gradual and along with hair regrowth, in my case came last. I looked female from the neck down and male from the neck up for a pretty long time.

To answer your second question, I think that hitting female targets is almost certain to give you the hair results you want; the issue is whether having lowered T and higher E but still outside of the adult female targets will give you the same reliable results. I honestly don't believe that body feminization will be any different in either scenario but your face and hair might lag in changes if you don't hit targets for six to 12 months. So your being a guinea pig benefits everyone as a data point. I just can't wait to see your pics cause then we can all chime in some.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Femininzation of the face is pretty gradual and along with hair regrowth, in my case came last. I looked female from the neck down and male from the neck up for a pretty long time.

To answer your second question, I think that hitting female targets is almost certain to give you the hair results you want; the issue is whether having lowered T and higher E but still outside of the adult female targets will give you the same reliable results. I honestly don't believe that body feminization will be any different in either scenario but your face and hair might lag in changes if you don't hit targets for six to 12 months. So your being a guinea pig benefits everyone as a data point. I just can't wait to see your pics cause then we can all chime in some.
You and pls have accumulated a lot of knowledge very quickly and at a young age and your comments, both of you, have increased in my opinion, in terms of being more open to suggestions, yes but also in terms of being stated in a way that can benefit others.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, I think that I saw ROE on today. Welcome back and I hope that your hair has continued to improve but the last time you showed me, it looked so good that you probably didn't need to progress further because you are already there in terms of restoration.

DHTHUNTER

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide should work. It works in women and works in mice with Androgenetic Alopecia, there is research on that. In theory, this is the perfect medicine. But in practice, we have people who continue to go bald while using Bicalutamide. I don't know how this is possible, but it happens and we cannot do anything about it.

I am Norwood 0. All I need is to stop the progression and slight thickening. If Bicalutamide stops, it will already be a victory, because then I can temporarily add E to thicken, and then continue to maintain the results on Bica. But in this thread, we have at least 4 people on whom Bicalutamide had no effect.
bicalutamide is not able to cure baldness. there are only success stories for cyproterone and spironolactone. you want to grow hair and have testosterone together. This is not possible. Bicalutamide should only be used after the hair has grown.

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the issue is whether having lowered T and higher E but still outside of the adult female targets will give you the same reliable results
This is an interesting question. The point is, all cis guys want to grow their hair out to tolerate the least feminization possible. You need to grow your hair out before your face changes too much. I will study at the university. I don’t want others to point a finger at me and say that I look strange.

DHTHUNTER

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should have a result like Bridgeburn. At this dosage E, you should completely restore your hair. This is HRT

@Itsnoahkennedy as you can see, a person cannot restore hair even on HRT. You succeeded, but he does not succeed, although he does everything right. I don't know how to explain this sh*t.
he cured baldness not with bicalutamide.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
bicalutamide is not able to cure baldness. there are only success stories for cyproterone and spironolactone. you want to train both hair and testosterone together. This is not possible. Bicalutamide should only be used after the hair has grown.
Bicalutamide blocks androgen receptors, so this T does not function in the scalp. It also raises E to the upper range, which, when combined with receptor blocking, can produce moderate growth. But this does not work for everyone.