Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your original Norwood/type of hair loss? And how long did it take for HRT to bring you to what you currently are?

Lastly, do you mind sharing your HRT regimen?
5332E243-E3FC-40BD-9391-D9224A40E824.pngF60091B1-63C5-4ED2-A2D1-250E2FB84235.jpegE7547F69-55D6-4ADF-8A34-6088169E40B3.jpegD06A6900-6D88-4BFD-AAF6-16FF439412B7.jpeg754961E8-70E1-4F1D-AE65-A4E484DEEB44.jpegB8637A01-74B3-4D9C-B579-3A20886C5EB7.jpegD702E2D4-212A-4924-8934-A90F18EBF207.jpeg4609E72E-0404-4633-AFED-771D0BBB3A44.jpegA5D61F14-6F43-4DA3-86B3-C9B7682051D3.jpeg833C44DB-4B9C-4899-83DD-42F6EBAEFA0E.jpegC5BFBB6F-28BA-48D9-B591-A9852132874B.jpeg81DCBDC9-FB33-44ED-9AF8-E415B99136F8.jpeg622A8C62-55BE-4F66-8E09-81AE78B6AA0B.jpegFC634047-23FA-47C5-BA63-A8B6E9692815.jpeg5FD32B78-ABE3-46DD-BD89-58AEA3D62EC0.jpegB6221FF1-390E-43DB-9515-12AF40B75756.jpeg1EDAE740-6910-4EE0-B868-8F860D1E3FD8.jpeg
Diffusing in NW6 pattern

HRT for 7 months fixed it all

50mg cpa + 6mg etrofem sublingual + 0.5mg dutasteride

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hello friend, thanks for giving us a little bit of your time and showing us your results, they are excellent both in terms of hair and skin, could you answer me how is your friend down there and your breasts? I currently started an estrogen regimen, but 15 days still, I feel my skin is better only , i will try grow dose , i use oestrogel 1.5mg 17 b estradiol per day

Last edited:

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think about starting spinorolactone 50 mg, already taking 1 mg of finasteride and 2 mg minoxidil oral + topic (5%)

The regime would
50 mg spironolactone
1.5mg of 17b estradiol.
1 mg of finasteride
2mg oral minoxidil + 5% topical

I have a theory, the use of high doses of steroids inhibits the production of sex hormones, every time I do treatment with high doses of corticosteroids my hair grows, I think it is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of corticsteroids along with the decrease in testosterone, since some treatments for "rejuvenation" aim to drop testosterone, My theory that the use of estrogen alone would bring some regrowth since it would lower testosterone levels and increase estrogen levels, the problem is the time it will take, and time is precious .

check this

Change in fertility Anti-rheumatic drugs and male reproduction
Cyclophosphamide Yes, irreversible
Clorambucil Yes, irreversible
Sulfasalazine Yes, reversible
Methotrexate Yes, reversible
Colchicine Yes, inconclusive data
NSAIDs Yes, reversible
TNF inhibitors No
Ciclosporin Yes, reversible
Azathioprine No
Table 1
D

Sulfasalazine PGE2 has connection with anagen phase
cyclosporine "cures" baldness, note that all are related to gonadal function

Last edited:

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used flutamide once, I got an incredible result, skin, hair, I didn't get many body sides, I didn't have gyno, I retained a little more liquid, but I'm light so it doesn't change much, there were also days when I felt very tired, but very much! the big problem was my sexual function, I stopped feel my penis, I couldn't keep an erection, he even got up but he didn't stay and I didn't get an orgasm, I had it, but it was different, I was forced to stop. i used for 6 months , It's funny, flutamide does not usually cause sexual impotence in 80% of patients according to a study by the manufacturer, but it easily causes gyno, I didn't have gyno and I lost my penis, the drugs are different for each patient.

TOXICOLOGY
The main adverse reactions related to the use
of flutamide are gynecomastia and mild diarrhea. Not
there is evidence of interference in the parameters
hematological or hormonal. Transitional rises in
liver transaminase and bilirubin values
may occur.
Flutamide does not have the numerous effects
side effects that limit the use of antiandrogens
steroids, such as decreased libido, retention
water, thromboembolic diseases and problems
cardiovascular diseases. Libido and sexual potency are
conserved in 80% of patients14-18

The big problem is that I am about 2 years dissatisfied with my hair in this war against baldness because everything that works is almost suicide, I will try spironolactone now and last CPA, I will stay 3 months in spironolactone if it doesn't work I will jump in CPA , I can't waste my time anymore, I've tried to conform "everybody is bald " but for me it's impossible it's like losing an arm , out of my control.

Last edited:

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take something called medroxyprogesterone acetate or provera at 10 mg that lowers testosterone but I felt absolutely no negative sides while I had serious and persistent sides on spironolactone. It's not clear exactly what the purposes of AA's are compared with just taking more E2. MPA works differently than the major three AA's including their analogues among the 'mides. Instead of blocking male receptors, MPA effectuates its effects more so by greatly lowering testosterone. MPA is valuable because it can be taken orally whereas progesterone tends not to make it though the liver, hence the Dr. Powers' crowd using progesterone soft gels rectally which makes a horrible mess.

E2-only, except for feminization which is necessary at least for the scalp to experience hair regrowth appears to have no negative side effects except for the one's that MtF's want. With me, after going off spironolactone, I saw an immediate return to form in terms of strength as spironolactone greatly weakened me, much more so than estrogen. It made me sweat, causes fatigue for many and many claim dulled thought processes on spironolactone. Some folks seem to tolerate it but I sure didn't. I blame it for a horrible shed to baldness whereas estrogen alone might have improved hair without a shed.

E2-only is a reaction to the fact that AA's are unneeded for most now that liver-safe forms of estrogen are available. The best rule of thumb for avoiding breast growth is to not mimic cis-female adolescent amounts of estrogen, starting at ~12 years. Some people seem to feminize quickly in 18 months or less while others can have a second puberty of up to ~8 years, comparable to 12 to 20 of puberty for cis-females. Some of the successful have used more than one type of estrogen or mixed ethiny estradiol with pure E2 or mixed conjugated equine estrogens, or CEE's.

Based upon my experiences with spironolactone, yes, AA's are more likely to lead to penile dysfunction by taking away all sexual desire. After a short period of time if someone hasn't been promoting or experiencing daily erections, the penis can become erectile dysfunctional and size and girth can be lost in the flaccid state. It all appears reversible for those not following the orchiectomy path so no penile size is permanently lost. Viable sperm can be regained at some point helped by things like clomid. There are also Serms for the folks who want a more complicated path to avoid breast growth.
I have no words to thank you, it's people like you who make the internet better, thank you I hope to be able to help one day too, I will consider mixing the estrogens I will research a little about this but Its good idea , I started spironolactone a 3 days ago, I have the vertigo to get up my heart seems faster, i'm feeling anxious it may also have to do with the level of cortisol that spironolactone increases, thanks for talking about the effects of MPA i will judge what is better for me, the purpose of feminization is not a problem , i like make me feel young, its not a problem the problem are the collateral injuries , as i am feeling now with spironolactone, i didn’t feel any side effects with just estrogen, can you tell me a little about your sexual desire janey, i know you’re trans, and i ask exactly , how is sexual desire after a few years of exposure?

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take something called medroxyprogesterone acetate or provera at 10 mg that lowers testosterone but I felt absolutely no negative sides while I had serious and persistent sides on spironolactone. It's not clear exactly what the purposes of AA's are compared with just taking more E2. MPA works differently than the major three AA's including their analogues among the 'mides. Instead of blocking male receptors, MPA effectuates its effects more so by greatly lowering testosterone. MPA is valuable because it can be taken orally whereas progesterone tends not to make it though the liver, hence the Dr. Powers' crowd using progesterone soft gels rectally which makes a horrible mess.

E2-only, except for feminization which is necessary at least for the scalp to experience hair regrowth appears to have no negative side effects except for the one's that MtF's want. With me, after going off spironolactone, I saw an immediate return to form in terms of strength as spironolactone greatly weakened me, much more so than estrogen. It made me sweat, causes fatigue for many and many claim dulled thought processes on spironolactone. Some folks seem to tolerate it but I sure didn't. I blame it for a horrible shed to baldness whereas estrogen alone might have improved hair without a shed.

E2-only is a reaction to the fact that AA's are unneeded for most now that liver-safe forms of estrogen are available. The best rule of thumb for avoiding breast growth is to not mimic cis-female adolescent amounts of estrogen, starting at ~12 years. Some people seem to feminize quickly in 18 months or less while others can have a second puberty of up to ~8 years, comparable to 12 to 20 of puberty for cis-females. Some of the successful have used more than one type of estrogen or mixed ethiny estradiol with pure E2 or mixed conjugated equine estrogens, or CEE's.

Based upon my experiences with spironolactone, yes, AA's are more likely to lead to penile dysfunction by taking away all sexual desire. After a short period of time if someone hasn't been promoting or experiencing daily erections, the penis can become erectile dysfunctional and size and girth can be lost in the flaccid state. It all appears reversible for those not following the orchiectomy path so no penile size is permanently lost. Viable sperm can be regained at some point helped by things like clomid. There are also Serms for the folks who want a more complicated path to avoid breast growth.
It seems that 50mg of cypro is pretty effective at achieving regrowth, going by Noah and Bridgeburn's results. How does medroxyprogesterone acetate differ from cypro? are the side effects different, and is it a similar mechanism of action?

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about starting CPA 12.5mg , I already bought it, spironolactone is giving me palpitation and stress, and the possibility of sodium / potassium electrolyte disturbances frightens me, spironolactone will inhibit aldosterone, which is also the main reason for side effects, I will mature the CPA idea this week , is a serious thing.

Last edited:

wbz115

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about starting CPA 12.5mg , I already bought it, spironolactone is giving me palpitation and stress, and the possibility of sodium / potassium electrolyte disturbances frightens me, spironolactone will inhibit aldosterone, which is also the main reason for side effects, I will mature the CPA idea this week , is a serious thing.
Do know that sides from CPA aren't to be taken lightly. I took 12.5mg daily for a week. I had headaches, an instance of vertigo, and felt like I had water in my left ear for about a month. Dropped down to 6.25mg and was just to worried about the documented risks. This was just in a 2 week time-span. Not trying to scare anybody, I guess I was just super sensitive to it.

I originally decided to take a step up from finasteride at an attempt for regrowth because after a year on dutasteride my hairline and temples were becoming thin and see through. My finasteride gains deteriorated, and I figured a year was long enough to assess the results, it was a terrible experience. My coworker had even commented that my temples were thinning.

I speculate just like many others that the spike in scalp testosterone still had a big impact on my hair. Dutasteride isn't for everyone I guess.

I'm now on 12.5mg bica, estrogel, 1mg finasteride, and minoxidil. My hairline thickened up again and has gotten better for sure. I feel way better side effect wise than CPA. But I went from having a super high sex drive to not feeling the need to masturbate everyday, which I kind of wanted so I could become more productive. It does still work down there. I also had very slight hard gyno tissue forming, so I have to mess with this dose a bit.

The gyno did weird me out so I took a break for a month and it went away. I think it was caused by too much estradiol, I was using something like 1.25mg in the estrogel. I'm going to keep trying a conservative approach and see if I can minimize the unwanted effects.

Last edited:

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do know that sides from CPA aren't to be taken lightly. I took 12.5mg daily for a week. I had headaches, an instance of vertigo, and felt like I had water in my left ear for about a month. Dropped down to 6.25mg and was just to worried about the documented risks. This was just in a 2 week time-span. Not trying to scare anybody, I guess I was just super sensitive to it.

I originally decided to take a step up from finasteride at an attempt for regrowth because after a year on dutasteride my hairline and temples were becoming thin and see through. My finasteride gains deteriorated, and I figured a year was long enough to assess the results, it was a terrible experience. My coworker had even commented that my temples were thinning.

I speculate just like many others that the spike in scalp testosterone still had a big impact on my hair. Dutasteride isn't for everyone I guess.

I'm now on 12.5mg bica, estrogel, 1mg finasteride, and minoxidil. My hairline thickened up again and has gotten better for sure. I feel way better side effect wise than CPA. But I went from having a super high sex drive to not feeling the need to masturbate everyday, which I kind of wanted so I could become more productive. It does still work down there. I also had very slight hard gyno tissue forming, so I have to mess with this dose a bit.

The gyno did weird me out so I took a break for a month and it went away. I think it was caused by too much estradiol, I was using something like 1.25mg in the estrogel. I'm going to keep trying a conservative approach and see if I can minimize the unwanted effects.
when I start, I will start 12.5mg every 3 days, in the first week, and increase as if it were a corticosteroid (pyramid efect), I will see how my body reacts.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will try to work up a bit more about medroxyprogesterone which MtFs usually use for final breast development, along with regular progesterone for those who don't mind about rectal administration. There's not much evidence that MPA "finishes" breast growth but many use it "just in case". MPA has also been used similarly to the main three AA's but I am unable to identify any negative side-effects at all about MPA. I
It's difficult to know what side effects are as a result of androgen deprivation when researching anti androgens, as most of the time they're developed for use by men with prostate cancer. I guess you have to separate the generic weight gain, hot flushes, osteoporosis, brain fog and other symptoms of low sex hormone.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lots of people seem to have had success on Cyproterone Acetate, for me it was like a sugar pill. I was taking 50mg monotherapy at one point in time and it felt like I was on nothing. Out of pure curiosity I should've gotten my T levels checked to see what was going on. I'll never understand why I seem to be so insensitive to treatment.