Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you thought about adding oral minoxidil? ikarus who was a member here had a similar regimen to you, it was duta, 50mg bica and 2mg estradiol, he got great results from 5mg oral min.
I can't handle a min shed right now :\

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
Possible explanation why people still lose hair while nuking his DHT to literally 0:

Pretty interesting. Includes an explaination of why some castrated people still go bald.

This guy ran 1g of oral dutasteride for a year daily, 0 DHT serum levels and still was losing hair. Looks like he loses ground if not on RU. Right now he's maintaining well with this regime:

The problem with using RU is that im not sure about how safe it is. I've heard that it can reach the heart... alternatives would be CB and spironolactone, but that aren't any more tested than RU is for hairloss.

Im going to start doing mesotherapy with dutasteride (inject directly on the scalp), however, clinics only do it once monthly. There's a study with good results once every 3 months which is puzzling.. how would a single dutasteride injection give good results? by the second month the drug would have decayed a lot isn't it? Unless by injecting it it lasts longer than oral ingestion I have no idea.

My experiment would be to use mesotherapy while I continue with the usuals (which aren't working as good anymore, if they ever did, that is topical finasteride and minoxidil) and add mesotherapy with dutasteride. Would consider low dose oral dutasteride, however, if male pattern baldness is a local problem on the scalp, I don't see why one would need to nuke all androgens systematically. Why do we go bald? because the androgens reach the scalp tissue. So wouldn't it make sense to just act locally? In this sense, injecting the dutasteride directly on the scalp seems like the best way to go about it... I can't inject an AR antagonist tho.. so I would need to use RU/spironolactone/CB... but like I said before im concerned about unknown sides, plus you are trusting some random chinese lab... good times. There's also the risk of upregulation of the receptors. Think about it: How safe would be that one inhibits a receptor chronically? What if using these compounds make you more sensitive to androgens eventually? Inhibiting the enzyme seems safer than inhibiting the receptor, chronically, and male pattern baldness is a chronic problem.. so this is a dead end if true.

Note that im not interested in the whole trans thing. Im a man and must stay a man, a man with hair. Anything else is a scam.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ayy glad to finally be able to make my account here.
Been on 6mg sublingual E & 50mg bica daily for 2 months (and finasteride for 6 months before and still taking it) and after 2 month of increased shedding I think I'm starting to see a little progress on my hairline this week. Hopefully it fixes my diffuse thinning a bit soon cause still very much struggling there. Yall are an inspiration

Are you trans or cis? 6mg is a transition sized dosage, 2mg E along with duta, 50mg bica and maybe even some oral min should be enough for hair regrowth. If you are trans i apologize.

Last edited:

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do we go bald? because the androgens reach the scalp tissue. So wouldn't it make sense to just act locally?

It's impossible to act exclusively locally because it is all interconnected. There must be a systemic trade-off for a treatment to do it's best.

Also CB is FDA approved and much less potent than RU on paper but probably has bad efficacy as a monotherapy unfortunately.

longtime_lurker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello All,

Sorry for the longer post. Long time lurker and I have read most of this threads 500+ posts. Some very entertaining stuff and sad to see some of you have already left.

I arrived here after going through the research of dozens and dozens of possible treatments. Figured out that more or less everything comes down to the big three (great reddit post that summarizes the research). Finally, if the big three don't work and you're desperate and hair transplants aren't really possible or not desired...then hormonal may be the last bet. Here I am, lol.

After seeing the vast majority of posts it occurs to me that they YMMV and recommended dosages and exact combinations of these medicines is still in debate.

I am hoping that I can get a few responses with simple direct replies that list regimen, duration, sides (other than the known), and general result.

Based on my own research, understanding, and risk tolerance, I am hoping that something like this may work for me over time.

12.5mg/day Bicalutamide
0.5mg Estradiol (or similar, what is the latest recommendation?) twice per day for total of 1mg/day

I don't want to keep up with several different and/or complex regimens and at this point I am not in a hurry for results...what do you all think about just these two at these dosages for an extended period of time? (I will obviously follow-up with my own endocrinologist and get blood work etc., just looking for those who have tried similar regimens or general thoughts)

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Been following this thread for a minute but I haven't been able to make an account because this forum was having technical difficulties...

My full regimen is in my bio, but the main work is being done by finasteride (looking to switch to dutasteride once it arrives in the mail from India) and topical RU58841 as my Anti-androgen along with minoxidil. Have had modest results but I know that it won't be enough to get full regrowth (I'd say I'm a NW3 going on a NW4) so I'm looking at the possibilities of adding a stronger AA and estrogens.

I just bought some Estriol cream on Amazon (that I'm just starting today). Supposedly it contains 5mg of estriol per pump, so I'm planning on using two pumps on my scalp and one on my face, twice a day. I'm hoping that the use of estriol instead of estradiol will minimize any side effects (specifically gynecomastia that I'm concerned about). Does this look like a good plan that will have good results? Also, is there any benefit of applying the cream to my scalp specifically and not just anywhere else on the body?

Also looking at maybe making an appointment with an endocrinologist to get hormone blood levels tested and maybe discuss using an AA or estradiol possibly in combination with Raloxifene. How many of you have gone through an endocrinologist to make sure everything is monitored properly? I don't think that I want to just take Bicalutamide and estradiol without being monitored by a Doctor or at least getting a blood test. I'd like to know what y'all's experiences with an endo was like.

Last edited:

jxlegend

My Regimen
Reaction score
Folks, I've been looking through this thread, and I don't know how to gently put this, but I would suggest therapy or a visit to the nearest physician to talk about your hairloss and the hugely damaging regimens you're taking.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Folks, I've been looking through this thread, and I don't know how to gently put this, but I would suggest therapy or a visit to the nearest physician to talk about your hairloss and the hugely damaging regimens you're taking.

You're taking a tranny drug yourself. I suggest you seek therapy.

mushroom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I’m really confused.4 month on hrt. I take 50 mg cypro plus 3 mg E gel every day and my T is still high. Like 300 ng/dL. I’m really scared. What’s wrong? Hope you will give some advice. I didn’t find anything similar to my experience.

Crowning

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is finasteride enough to grow full hair or are alternative drugs the only meaningful way to do it? And wouldn't they be taken for as long as you'd that hair? Cause, honestly, I'm feeling like finasteride ain't enough.

ali.talebi1994

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is finasteride enough to grow full hair or are alternative drugs the only meaningful way to do it? And wouldn't they be taken for as long as you'd that hair? Cause, honestly, I'm feeling like finasteride ain't enough.
how long have you been on it? you should give it enough time, some patients does not see any noticeable results before 1 year, but some start to regrow hair after 3 months

Crowning

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had tiny hairs on the hairline within the first month, no lie, but nothing crazy. I'm diffused in like a NW6 with deeper thinning down the midscalp. Thing is, I can still grow my hair damn long and push it back. I'm going to be 9 months in by the by. Just feels like limbo.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Most people will get only very minimal regrowth on finasteride alone. A few people are super responders and have insane regrowth, though, for whatever reason. Don't ask me why, I'm not a doctor.

For the most part, though, finasteride just prevents further hairloss by stopping the mechanism that causes the balding. Hair that has already been lost is not likely to grow back. Which is why so many people combine finasteride with a growth stimulant like minoxidil. Minoxidil isn't even that strong either and will only really lead to recovery in cases of mild balding.

Hence the people in this thread using more extreme methods to get regrowth. Stuff in this thread makes finasteride look like candy

Crowning

My Regimen
Reaction score
But would the stuff y'all use in this thread have to be continued? Couldn't y'all get off these medications and keep your locks or would it be like a postpartum shed, like in pregnancy?

ali.talebi1994

My Regimen
Reaction score
But would the stuff y'all use in this thread have to be continued? Couldn't y'all get off these medications and keep your locks or would it be like a postpartum shed, like in pregnancy?
not all people respond equally to a specific medication...
some individuals may stop these extreme regimens after full regrowth and be able to maintain their regrown hair with finasteride...
you can check my regimen... my hair has started to regrow since I've added CPA to my regimen (I've been on CPA for 2 months and finasteride for 6 months).
I will stop CPA after getting enough regrowth, and see if i can keep my hair with just finasteride

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone experience with spironolactone, having mild leg cramps. Any way to make it go away?

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t really know, how not to eat potassium it’s in nearly every food or veg mate. Obviously I stay away from avocados and bananas.

jxlegend

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're taking a tranny drug yourself. I suggest you seek therapy.

Finasteride is used by trannies for hair loss only, and even then as an afterthought. There isn't a single MtF dumb enough to think finasteride would do anything for feminization post-utero, even then it would be largely ineffective at anything other than astronomically high doses.

Regardless, I don't know why I'm defending myself.

There is a huge difference between finasteride and dutasteride, and then a world of difference between dutasteride and some derivative of estrogen.