Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bica is inferior with regrowth?

@mryellowman what dose of Bica did you try? If 50mg how did you know it was enough to block all T & DHT ? As a monotherapy for hair loss it seems dosage should be higher.

I was using 50 mg EOD but shouldn't matter so much because of its high half-life. 50 mg doesn't block all T's.
I don't think you have to block all of them. There are lots of success with low dose of spironolactone and cypro and those are like block 50% - 60 % of the testosterone.

There was a chart which tells what dose of bica blocks estimated T's but i couldn't find it right now. Maybe ikarus will share it.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using 50 mg EOD but shouldn't matter so much because of its high half-life. 50 mg doesn't block all T's.
I don't think you have to block all of them. There are lots of success with low dose of spironolactone and cypro and those are like block 50% - 60 % of the testosterone.

There was a chart which tells what dose of bica blocks estimated T's but i couldn't find it right now. Maybe ikarus will share it.

By low dose spironolactone do you mean under 200mg?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's on reddit mtfhrt channel and the rule of thumbs is pretty simple, no need for a chart. My fear with not being accurate with Bica is not blocking enough AR so DHT can still be generated. The mystery to me with Spyro is people are quick to criticize it as weak AA terrible sides but when it comes to hair regrowth it's a winner. Or is it just caused by E added to the regiment and not enough data on Bica used for that purpose?

To be fair I never saw hair regrow results with a monotherapy drug like Cypro spironolactone or Bica. If there is I'd like to read it though. Is there a raise in E level with CPA & Spyro that Bica can't provide since it doesn't block T from circulating?

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it's on reddit mtfhrt channel and the rule of thumbs is pretty simple, no need for a chart. My fear with not being accurate with Bica is not blocking enough AR so DHT can still be generated. The mystery to me with Spyro is people are quick to criticize it as weak AA terrible sides but when it comes to hair regrowth it's a winner. Or is it just caused by E added to the regiment and not enough data on Bica used for that purpose?

To be fair I never saw hair regrow results with a monotherapy drug like Cypro spironolactone or Bica. If there is I'd like to read it though. Is there a raise in E level with CPA & Spyro that Bica can't provide since it doesn't block T from circulating?

That's why you should use bica with something like dutasteride. I don't think you can compensate the increased dht from bica with bica alone. There are stories here with only spironolactone and minoxidil combined, no E were added. You can dig it on this site.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/i-prevail-the-end-of-a-long-agonizing-road.119786/

And there is this guy. Cypro , combined with high dose of minoxidil without E . This guy doesn't block all T's for sure. There should be still good amount of T circulating in his body with this regimen but seems like it doesn't matter. I don't remember exactly but i think i saw couple of success stories with spironolactone only, not even minoxidil used but its been so long since i lurk through this stories.

I don't think E level raises with CPA, logically it should be lowered because Less T = Less E for males.But since there is low levels of testosterone and dht , it can not compensate with estorgens so the body becomes estrogen dominant. That's why there is a chance to get gyno with something like cypro.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why you should use bica with something like dutasteride. I don't think you can compensate the increased dht from bica with bica alone. There are stories here with only spironolactone and minoxidil combined, no E were added. You can dig it on this site.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/i-prevail-the-end-of-a-long-agonizing-road.119786/

And there is this guy. Cypro , combined with high dose of minoxidil without E . This guy doesn't block all T's for sure. There should be still good amount of T circulating in his body with this regimen but seems like it doesn't matter. I don't remember exactly but i think i saw couple of success stories with spironolactone only, not even minoxidil used but its been so long since i lurk through this stories.

I don't think E level raises with CPA, logically it should be lowered because Less T = Less E for males.But since there is low levels of testosterone and dht , it can not compensate with estorgens so the body becomes estrogen dominant. That's why there is a chance to get gyno with something like cypro.

Sorry to stray off topic, but do you know if hair shed from letrozole grows back? i was on 2.5mg for two months and lost tons of hair on my crown, i have been off it for just over two months now and no difference, my crown is still a disaster.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By low dose spironolactone do you mean under 200mg?

Yes. 100 mg was perfectly fine for some guys here. Unfortunately, nobody shares their stories anymore so i don't know how are they going with their hair. Lots of people get success from fina & duta only. Is it so surprising to get results with something like cypro and spironolactone without E ?

Sorry to stray off topic, but do you know if hair shed from letrozole grows back? i was on 2.5mg for two months and lost tons of hair on my crown, i have been off it for just over two months now and no difference, my crown is still a disaster.

You can always regrow hair with right regimen. Letrozole inhibits your estrogen levels so that might be shock loss or loss for shifted hormone levels. Give it some time you will be good.

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mellowellowman

Do you think that 25 mg cypro and 125 mg of flutamide could maintain my hair or generate growth?

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool
cyproterone works by lowering LH at the pituitary level in addition to blocking testosterone ... spironolactone only blocks

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@mellowellowman

Do you think that 25 mg cypro and 125 mg of flutamide could maintain my hair or generate growth?

I think finasteride or dutasteride is necassery for maintaining. Consider using minoxidil for regrowth if you are not already using.

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think that with 25 mg of cypro there are risks of contracting brain tumors?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course there is. Even a Diane 35 with a single digits dose has been banned in the US so what do you think? If you know the risks and benefits then the rest is up to you. If you think this is worth the reward then go for it. If not, then try to play safer.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
And get a blood test so you know what you are dealing with. Right now imagine you are on a golf course blindfolded trying to find the hole. At least blood test results will tell you where the hole is.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
should i expect shedding from bicalutamide? is 25mg starter sufficient?
edit: guess i'll find out

Attachments

• IMG_20200604_145632.jpg
    IMG_20200604_145632.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
should i expect shedding from bicalutamide? is 25mg starter sufficient?
edit: guess i'll find out
I shed like a motherfucker at the start before I stabilized. I also got major sexual side effects, but they actually faded about a month after starting the medication. 25mg is almost definitely not enough to block your T if you aren’t taking estrogen. A normal mono dose would be 100-150mg.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll add my experience on Spironolactone since there seems to be a bit of a debate about that. I was doing 200mg daily, experienced no regrowth but did stop my hairloss for a time. I had no side effects besides a less ejaculate, lower libido, and weaker erections. The problem that I’ve heard a lot of people have with Spironolactone is that you can’t maintain forever on a constant dose. For whatever reason my body needed more and more to do the job that 200mg did originally. 200mg is already a really high dose and you don’t want to push it too far so I dropped it and switched to bicalutamide.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Combining CPA and bicalutamide is asking for failure, they should not be combined at higher doses. 6.25mg of CPA can be done, but any higher has been reported to give androgenic issues by those who have tried to do it.

Maybe seek a therapist first because I remember seeing your ‘hair loss’ and you had none

spironolactone is good for hair regrowth, it’s just not convenient in the long term with how many issues it can cause, especially at the doses needed to deal with hair loss

Your concerns with it were the side effects, in which the sides would go away once stopped because it’s not like 5AR inhibitors. no one knew what sort of outcome it could give with results since the only person who got results back then was Ein. As with every other AA, you cannot use it alone for regrowth, it has to be combined with E and/or oral minoxidil.
I stopped taking bicalutamide and CPA together (my shipment of bica is ridiculously late, probably lost), and am now being forced to transition to CPA monotherapy. Do you think 25mg daily is sufficient? And how much of a shed can I expect? I’m already starting to shed a lot more hair than I usually do but it’s so difficult to distinguish between an “it’s working” shed and an “it’s not working” shed.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped taking bicalutamide and CPA together (my shipment of bica is ridiculously late, probably lost), and am now being forced to transition to CPA monotherapy. Do you think 25mg daily is sufficient? And how much of a shed can I expect? I’m already starting to shed a lot more hair than I usually do but it’s so difficult to distinguish between an “it’s working” shed and an “it’s not working” shed.

Id go with 50mg/day to start off with, then go down to 25mg of CPA, just in case your T levels are sky high, but that’s just my opinion