Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
Under your experience, what could be the minimum dose of bica to use as monotherapy and get improvements in hair and avoid gyno?
Thanks

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice on the next step I should take.

I've been on HRT for most of this year using the regimen below. I'm a diffuse thinner from the crown to the hairline. I've achieved some vellus hair regrowth, however, I'm still noticeably losing hair as my hair loss is progressing. Does this make any sense to you? I thought my hair loss would stop and then I'd have some regrowth?

Regimen
- 50mg Cypro daily (9 months so far)
- 2mg Estro Pill daily in morning (9 months so far)
- 3.75mg Estrogel daily in evening (8 months so far)
- 0.5mg Avodart Pill daily (6 months so far)
- Topical Minoxidil daily (15 years so far)
- 1mg Finasteride pill daily (15 years so far)

I also got my testosterone and estrogen levels measured recently. The results were as follows:
Testosterone is 0.45 nmol/L
Oestradiol is 10,163 pmol/L
I carried out the blood test for Oestradiol levels 7 hours after taking the 2mg Estrofem pill in the morning. So as you can see, I'm in the female range.

Taking into account the above results, can you advise what further steps I could take? Should I increase / change the current dosages or add further meds? Bridgeburn mentioned in a private message that I should switch to Bicalutimide but I'm not sure if the Bicalutimide should be replacing anything that I'm currently taking or added to my current regimen? Any help is much appreciated!

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score

I've been on HRT for most of this year using the regimen below. I'm a diffuse thinner from the crown to the hairline. I've achieved some vellus hair regrowth, however, I'm still noticeably losing hair as my hair loss is progressing. Does this make any sense to you? I thought my hair loss would stop and then I'd have some regrowth?

Regimen

I also got my testosterone and estrogen levels measured recently. The results were as follows:
I carried out the blood test for Oestradiol levels 7 hours after taking the 2mg Estrofem pill in the morning. So as you can see, I'm in the female range.

Taking into account the above results, can you advise what further steps I could take? Should I increase / change the current dosages or add further meds? Bridgeburn mentioned in a private message that I should switch to Bicalutimide but I'm not sure if the Bicalutimide should be replacing anything that I'm currently taking or added to my current regimen? Any help is much appreciated!
Any sides with your regime?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Regimen

Why is your estradiol levels over 10000 pmol/L?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Regimen

Your E is over 10x higher than anything resembling ideal levels. Either that's a lab mistake or typo, or you are ultra sensitive to E supplementation (or maybe your gel dosage is off). If it's really that high you should consider adjusting dosages.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Under your experience, what could be the minimum dose of bica to use as monotherapy and get improvements in hair and avoid gyno?
Thanks
I actually think bica monotherapy might be a risky idea and and may even cause more harm than good. Bica can more than double T levels unless paired with E or other GNRH anaologue. And while (depending on dosage) the extra free T is likely to be blocked at the androgen receptor, bica does not prevent 5ar from converting that surplus of T into DHT which is a far more potent androgen and has up to a 100x more affinity for the receptors than bica.

Where bica probably shifts into being more advantageous is by limiting the rise of T with a med that affects HPG axis. Or at the very least pairing it with a 5ari to prevent much of the extra T from being converted to DHT.

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your E is over 10x higher than anything resembling ideal levels. Either that's a lab mistake or typo, or you are ultra sensitive to E supplementation (or maybe your gel dosage is off). If it's really that high you should consider adjusting dosages.
I’ve just double checked the lab results and their definitely correct. I actually got my bloods tested at two different occasions and their both around 10,000 pmol/L for Oestradiol.

What’s the level of E I should be aiming for that would be considered sufficient as part of HRT?

Should I add Bicalutimide?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve just double checked the lab results and their definitely correct. I actually got my bloods tested at two different occasions and their both around 10,000 pmol/L for Oestradiol.

What’s the level of E I should be aiming for that would be considered sufficient as part of HRT?

here:
Screenshot_20191031-172917_Chrome.jpg

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You should be at 600 pmol/L to 1000 pmol/L.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does any one of you know if you can still regrow hair off HRT if you have been balding for more than 10 years?

According to this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/transtimel...looking_through_old_photos_3_yrs_prehrt_vs_6/

lovecycling79 says: "If you started HRT today, you will regrow hair that you lost up to 2 years ago. Anything before that is very unlikely."

Don't think it's true because look at bridgeburns transformation.

Also, it's clear from this thread that this guy has been balding for years but yet remarkable hair regrowth:

View attachment 131090
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/transtimel...still_amazed_at_how_much_of_my_hair_has_come/

Don't bother with most of the opinions regarding hair loss on the transgender sections of Reddit.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah honestly bridge you're starting to look like a woman. If that's what you want okay but you should know your sort of in this uncanny valley right now where you don't look quite like a man or a woman.

So, androgyny? That’s most of our goals...