Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get significant thickening/regrowth without a MTF protocol? I've seen some people mention small vellus hairs, but not something too significant.

Like topical anti-androgen with low-dose estradiol to minimize bad sides

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is some naked girl in an extremely muddy pound, if I see it correctly. What does it convey? I don't like seeing it because I've been to your profile and checked this photo and now whenever I see snippet of it, I'm reminded of the whole mud.

It’s Ariana Grande in a landfill

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am so confused... I finally got my LH and FSH tests back and...

FSH: 0.7 (normal is 1.5 to 12.4)
LH: 6.6 (normal is 1.7 to 8.6)

My T is significantly lower than the normal ranges, and my E is within female ranges. But why is my LH within normal ranges? And what does this mean for my hair? I am kind of worried!

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to get significant thickening/regrowth without a MTF protocol? I've seen some people mention small vellus hairs, but not something too significant.

Like topical anti-androgen with low-dose estradiol to minimize bad sides
Iirc, you're going to try Bicalutamide topical? Did you give it a try?

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am so confused... I finally got my LH and FSH tests back and...

FSH: 0.7 (normal is 1.5 to 12.4)
LH: 6.6 (normal is 1.7 to 8.6)

My T is significantly lower than the normal ranges, and my E is within female ranges. But why is my LH within normal ranges? And what does this mean for my hair? I am kind of worried!
most likely this is due to Bika, you would move to more classic treatment options.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
most likely this is due to Bika, you would move to more classic treatment options.

Yes... I have realised that it's due to bicalutamide, although it doesn't matter much. A raise of LH is because bicalutamide is meant to raise T; my actual testosterone levels are significantly below regular ranges.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He had a transplant (if im not mistaken) and dropped daro, because side effects. He didn’t like antiandrogens, but knew that they works well. I think he was tired of fighting baldness.

He had a sort of forehead reduction surgery it wasn’t a transplant. He also was still taking aa when he left the forum- he just felt he had solved his problem and no longer wanted to spend time here.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does spironolactone increase estrogen because of the blocking of testosterone? sorry for the stupid question. I know estrogen increases when using finasteride or dutasteride but im still unsure about spironolactone.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does spironolactone increase estrogen because of the blocking of testosterone? sorry for the stupid question. I know estrogen increases when using finasteride or dutasteride but im still unsure about spironolactone.

It does raise E, which can be implied due to its significant rates of gynecomastia.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it doesn't increase estradiol.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's not sweety. I have the before and after blood test report. Indeed, it decreased my estradiol.

Hunty, how can spironolactone cause gynecomastia if it doesn't have an effect on E? I am pretty sure it increases E... And, If it didn't then the possibility of regrowth is greatly reduced...

Last edited:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hunty, how can spironolactone cause gynecomastia if it doesn't have an effect on E? I am pretty sure it increases E... And, If it didn't then the possibility of regrowth is greatly reduced...
Sweety, you get gyno on spironolactone because of androgen blockage. A little amount of estradiol can cause gyno, if you are on an anti-androgen.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sweety, you get gyno on spironolactone because of androgen blockage. A little amount of estradiol can cause gyno, if you are on an anti-androgen.

Hunty, I am not that knowledgable on spironolactone. I believe it does increase estrogen, otherwise you would not experience regrowth from it. If it didn't increase E, then how can it lead to feminisation or other estrogenic effects?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/747893

Within this study (at 300mg/day for more than 40 weeks), it states:
'In the high-dosage group, serum oestrone maintained high levels from the beginning of this study, and serum oestradiol concentrations increased with the development of gynaecomastia.'

'Thus, long-term spironolactone treatment increased the serum levels of oestrone and oestradiol in hypertensive men followed by the development of gynaecomastia. The elevation in circulating oestrogens could well explain the oestrogenic side-effects of spironolactone treatment.'

Furthermore (at 75mg to 150mg for 12 weeks), it states:
'In the conventional-dosage group, serum oestrone concentrations significantly increased (P less than 0.01) at 12 weeks, serum oestradiol concentrations gradually increased throughout the study period, however, the increments were not statistically significant (P less than 0.2).'

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hunty, I am not that knowledgable on spironolactone. I believe it does increase estrogen, otherwise you would not experience regrowth from it. If it didn't increase E, then how can it lead to feminisation or other estrogenic effects?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/747893

Within this study (at 300mg/day for more than 40 weeks), it states:
'In the high-dosage group, serum oestrone maintained high levels from the beginning of this study, and serum oestradiol concentrations increased with the development of gynaecomastia.'

'Thus, long-term spironolactone treatment increased the serum levels of oestrone and oestradiol in hypertensive men followed by the development of gynaecomastia. The elevation in circulating oestrogens could well explain the oestrogenic side-effects of spironolactone treatment.'

Furthermore (at 75mg to 150mg for 12 weeks), it states:
'In the conventional-dosage group, serum oestrone concentrations significantly increased (P less than 0.01) at 12 weeks, serum oestradiol concentrations gradually increased throughout the study period, however, the increments were not statistically significant (P less than 0.2).'
spironolactone itself has some estrogenic effect, read it on wikkipedia. Because of this reason, even women experience breast enlargements while taking spironolactone.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Покинуть, сообщение: 1813066, член: 134148"] Увеличивает ли спиронолактон эстроген из-за блокирования тестостерона? Извините за глупый вопрос. Я знаю, что уровень эстрогена увеличивается при использовании финастерида или дутастерида, но я все еще не уверен насчет спиронолактона. [/ QUOTE]
finasteride or dutasterid increases the level of temptosterone, but inhibits its conversion to dgt. I recommend only the finasteride + estradiol regimen so that the pituitary gland does not produce testosterone. It will see estradiol and testosterone will not and dgt
Please don’t unload your garbage here.