Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried Toppik and I hated it! It felt heavy, and it felt icky... Afterwards, I washed it off and now I feel as if my hair is thinner! :confused::(:confused::(:confused::(

M

Member 139756

My T would be lower, but bicalutamide raises it slightly. I am happy with my T being slightly above female ranges, as long as bicalutamide is blocking it efficaciously. Although, isn’t your E slightly too high?

My oestrogen is sky high.
Ludicrously high, but I don't think that should be any impediment to hair regrowth and I don't feel physically unwell.

I was told it was unusually when high when it was like 900 pmol/l.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My oestrogen is sky high.
Ludicrously high, but I don't think that should be any impediment to hair regrowth and I don't feel physically unwell.

I was told it was unusually when high when it was like 900 pmol/l.

If I didn’t tell my endocrinologist that I am self-medicating, he would have got the shock of his life if he saw my blood results... It would have been hilarious! I just find it greatly bizarre with how you aren’t responding to E... I am suspecting it could be due to an excessive amount of E; I do believe that could pose an issue. I believe the goal should be achieving a hormonal panel similar to a woman’s, rather than ‘overdosing’ on E. It would be unsafe in a man and woman, in all honesty.

What were your levels of E throughout your journey? Also, I greatly plea that you use oral minoxidil! It could be a step into follicular stimulation...

hahahamyhairisdead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a lot of pretty recent ones from a consultation on this page. Please read the description for the full context, otherwise you'll think my recovery is amazing (i.e. it's mostly transplant). The post with like 6 attachments.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/exploring-the-hormonal-route-hair-life.109288/page-249

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/screenshot_20190329-093231-png.120890/
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/img_20180813_103347344-jpg.120887/
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/attachments/img-20190605-wa0004-jpg.120884/

Holy sh*t... I want to become a girl...

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm only on dutasteride 0.5mg right now and losing hair by the day. Whenever I use raloxifine it makes me lose a decent amount of hair, arimidex not so much. Im gonna get back on bicalutamide and use that in conjunction with dutasteride. the only issue is that I've used bicalutamide 2x before and both times I stopped balding, however, within 2 days my nipples became milky and once or twice there was a little fluid that leaked from them. Im very prone to gyno so I want to get my glands removed as soon as possible (have a consultation on Monday). Then I will use dutasteride 0.5mg, Bicalutamide 50mg, SARMs to prevent muscle loss/osteroporosis, LOW dose of cyproterone acetate, and arimidex to minimize feminization from AAs. right now I only have dutasteride, SARMs, and arimidex as well as raloxifine on me. I will have the Bica by the end of the week, cpa in 2 weeks from now.
@Ikarus did he undergo that surgery?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My test is 0.5nmol/L and my estradiol 1900 pmol/L.

I've been taking HRT for 15 months and at this level since ~ January.

Hair is still awful and doesn't seem to be growing back though, even in the areas that didn't receive a transplant (the hairline). :(

I do believe a hormonal imbalance can hinder hair growth, you wan to have the hormone levels of a healthy woman, that is the key.

"Too Much Estrogen

Estrogen is a hormone that likes to dominate (and we're not just talking about in the bedroom). Too much estrogen in your system, often a result of perimenopause or excess weight, can lead to depression, weight gain, fatigue and, you guessed it: hair loss.

Since we metabolize estrogen, your body should break it down -- use it then lose it! -- before estrogen builds up in your blood. But when we produce too much and can't metabolize it fast enough, we run into problems, often evidenced in thinning hair."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/wome...-xAzfcgyKEGAngEUOfLkLjNpD3W5IhjEnsfyVy3PqZ_yI

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[UPDATE] I received my hormone blood-work results.

Testosterone: 4.7 nmol/L (with the normal male range being 8.6 to 29.0 nmol/L)
Estradiol: 719 pmol/L (with the normal male range being 41 to 159 pmol/L)

After receiving this information, I can gather that my testosterone levels are significantly lower than the normal male range; although they are slightly higher than normal female ranges. Furthermore, my estradiol levels are significantly higher than the normal male range; they are within normal female ranges.

Within transgender women, the goal is to have estradiol levels within the range of 300 to 600 pmol/L. In that sense, my estradiol levels are slightly higher than the ranges which are aimed at transgender women. I can suspect this is due to the bicalutamide having a synergetic effect with estrogen.

I do have to wait slightly longer for my other hormone blood-work results, since I am not really allowed to know the results until my endocrinologist inspects them.

View attachment 122249

Do you take only 2 mg of estradiol a day?!

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score
My T would be lower, but bicalutamide raises it slightly. I am happy with my T being slightly above female ranges, as long as bicalutamide is blocking it efficaciously. Although, isn’t your E slightly too high?

What would happen to T levels if someone only took bicalutmide?

M

Member 139756

Most (I would say 90+%) and not HRT.

So, you could do this probably (though maintenance would be more of an issue for you than me).

I am basing estimate on the fact that my transplant went from my crown to abruptly about an inch or so behind my hairline (where I still had some hair growing back to form a hairline - albeit mostly vellis hairs). The area where I had no transplant, at the hairline, is still, overwhelmingly, super long, colourless (vellus) hairs. So, the substantial cosmetic improvement is all where transplants took place (though, as you can see, it still looks patchy as f*** so I always wear a wig or hood in company).

M

Member 139756

If I didn’t tell my endocrinologist that I am self-medicating, he would have got the shock of his life if he saw my blood results... It would have been hilarious! I just find it greatly bizarre with how you aren’t responding to E... I am suspecting it could be due to an excessive amount of E; I do believe that could pose an issue. I believe the goal should be achieving a hormonal panel similar to a woman’s, rather than ‘overdosing’ on E. It would be unsafe in a man and woman, in all honesty.

What were your levels of E throughout your journey? Also, I greatly plea that you use oral minoxidil! It could be a step into follicular stimulation...

I do use oral minoxidil, although not much becsuse: 1) cost (with no promise of results) and 2) body / facial hair growth would be bad. I saw images on this forum of a cis woman growing legitimate heard hair on oral minoxidil.

Okay, so do you (and @Itsnoahkennedy) reckon I have destroyed potential regrowth chances by ODing on oestrogen?

How should I remedy it? I am on spironolactone and oestrogen. 100mg spironolactone daily (at two times). 2mg oral oestradioo daily + 2.5 ml of 10mg/ml every five days.

I am finally getting to see a private endocrinologist at the London Trans clinic on 31st July to hopefully get some professional oversight.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense because estrogen decreases DHT and T.

and here is proof:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5910633/

RESULTS:
Estrogen-only therapy reduced the testosterone, luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone levels from 731.5 to 18 ng/dL, 6.3 to 1.1 U/L and 9.6 to 1.5 U/L, respectively. Estrogen plus cyproterone acetate reduced the testosterone, luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone levels from 750 to 21 ng/dL, 6.8 to 0.6 U/L and 10 to 1.0 U/L, respectively. The serum levels of luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, testosterone, estradiol and prolactin in the patients treated with estrogen alone and estrogen plus cyproterone acetate were not significantly different. The group receiving estrogen plus cyproterone acetate had significantly higher levels of gamma-glutamyltransferase than the group receiving estrogen alone. No significant differences in the other biochemical parameters were evident between the patients receiving estrogen alone and estrogen plus cyproterone acetate.

CONCLUSION:
In our sample of transgender women, lower estrogen doses than those usually prescribed for these subjects were able to adjust the testosterone and estradiol levels to the physiological female range, thus avoiding high estrogen doses and their multiple associated side effects.

Last edited:

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with using bi-estro cream on my balls, 1 full pump, and then some on face and hairline.

Also using around 70mg progesterone as well daily.

My face looks so much better, acne is gone and face is smoothing out looking fantastic.

Growing new small hairs in the frontal hairline area that keep getting darker and longer by the day.

Although, I'm a tad concerned that my erection quality/ability may be going down slightly. I also have a slight dull pain on penis glans, I think it's near or at the urethra.. nothing crazy at all just a bit noticeable, not sure if it's related to this.

I need to do more testing though as on the same day I noticed this stuff I also took a big dosage of some other things (ephedrine).

estrogen should not give me any penile pains or aches, right?

Also, does it make sense to dose estrogen cream on balls for hair loss?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do use oral minoxidil, although not much becsuse: 1) cost (with no promise of results) and 2) body / facial hair growth would be bad. I saw images on this forum of a cis woman growing legitimate heard hair on oral minoxidil.

Okay, so do you (and @Itsnoahkennedy) reckon I have destroyed potential regrowth chances by ODing on oestrogen?

How should I remedy it? I am on spironolactone and oestrogen. 100mg spironolactone daily (at two times). 2mg oral oestradioo daily + 2.5 ml of 10mg/ml every five days.

I am finally getting to see a private endocrinologist at the London Trans clinic on 31st July to hopefully get some professional oversight.

I think ODing on E is preventing you from getting results, you need to correct the hormone levels so that they are within the normal female range and then that will be your base to start waiting for results to occur, seeing the endocrinologist at the trans clinic will help you to do this. having highly unbalanced hormones is generally bad and not just for your hair. Regrowth isn't 100% guaranteed but its chance is increased with balanced hormone levels.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with using bi-estro cream on my balls, 1 full pump, and then some on face and hairline.

Also using around 70mg progesterone as well daily.

My face looks so much better, acne is gone and face is smoothing out looking fantastic.

Growing new small hairs in the frontal hairline area that keep getting darker and longer by the day.

Although, I'm a tad concerned that my erection quality/ability may be going down slightly. I also have a slight dull pain on penis glans, I think it's near or at the urethra.. nothing crazy at all just a bit noticeable, not sure if it's related to this.

I need to do more testing though as on the same day I noticed this stuff I also took a big dosage of some other things (ephedrine).

estrogen should not give me any penile pains or aches, right?

Also, does it make sense to dose estrogen cream on balls for hair loss?

i think it typically works better when applied to fatty areas of your body like inner thighs, try that and see if the strange side effects go away lol

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and here is proof:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5910633/

RESULTS:
Estrogen-only therapy reduced the testosterone, luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone levels from 731.5 to 18 ng/dL, 6.3 to 1.1 U/L and 9.6 to 1.5 U/L, respectively. Estrogen plus cyproterone acetate reduced the testosterone, luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone levels from 750 to 21 ng/dL, 6.8 to 0.6 U/L and 10 to 1.0 U/L, respectively. The serum levels of luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, testosterone, estradiol and prolactin in the patients treated with estrogen alone and estrogen plus cyproterone acetate were not significantly different. The group receiving estrogen plus cyproterone acetate had significantly higher levels of gamma-glutamyltransferase than the group receiving estrogen alone. No significant differences in the other biochemical parameters were evident between the patients receiving estrogen alone and estrogen plus cyproterone acetate.

CONCLUSION:
In our sample of transgender women, lower estrogen doses than those usually prescribed for these subjects were able to adjust the testosterone and estradiol levels to the physiological female range, thus avoiding high estrogen doses and their multiple associated side effects.

Also have a look at this finasteride vs cyproterone acetate comparison study

have a look at this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15464773

It's a comparison of Finasteride and Cyproterone Acetate/estrogen effect on hormone levels

"the two treatment methods [were] similar (47.6 % vs. 51.1%; P=0.2). Treatment with CPA plus EE2 significantly decreased serum total and free T, A, DHEAS, and DHT and increased SHBG levels. Finasteride significantly increased total T but reduced DHT levels."

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Бриджберн, сообщение: 1810278, участник: 130663"] [ATTACH = full] 122186 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
Bridge what is your mode?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What has the dread shed done to me!!

About 1.5 months on Finasteride, and it has only harmed till now.

Pretty depressed again. No one in my college seems to have issues with hair.

Attachments

• IMG_20190629_105616.jpg
    IMG_20190629_105616.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20190629_105707.jpg
    IMG_20190629_105707.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_20190629_105715.jpg
    IMG_20190629_105715.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 274