Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score
He said:

“1)1mg bicalutamide blocks 10ng/dl of testosterone if DHT is not being blocked and 16ng/dl if someone is using dutasteride because DHT has a 0.25nM Kd and T has a 0.4nM Kd (Kd=binding affinity) progesterone and progesterone derivatives (SAAs) have a higher affinity than NSAAs and therefore break their bonds and render the NSAAs useless

2)tell him if he uses estrogen then he can get away with 12.5mg bicalutamide because at that dose 125ng/dl would be blocked and oral E2 usually drops T to around 50ng/dl anyways

3)if he doesnt use estrogen he can use 50mg bicalutamide with dutasteride and that in theory would block around 800ng/dl of T and there would be no DHT left

4)tell him i recommend he does 75mg bicalutamide with 0.5mg dutasteride since that should block around 1200ng/dl and bicalutamide should put T levels around there and he has agressive hair loss anyways”

How much Bica would you need to take without Dutasteride @Ikarus ?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the end of the year you'll have bridge hair no doubt. It looks like 2x improvement from the first picture to the second one.
2x? Heck, no. If he/she (what would you prefer to be called?) can comb them properly, he has become a proper full head... Even gained hair in crown area. Earlier, his hair looked dead. Now they look like some living organ and smoking high in density.

Hail Bicalutamide!

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2x? Heck, no. If he/she (what would you prefer to be called?) can comb them properly, he has become a proper full head... Even gained hair in crown area. Earlier, his hair looked dead. Now they look like some living organ and smoking high in density.

Hail Bicalutamide!

Hail Estrogen and Bicalutamide! I am going to try Toppik, but I don’t know what it feels like...

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hail Estrogen and Bicalutamide! I am going to try Toppik, but I don’t know what it feels like...
you don't really feel anything, but if you run your fingers through your hair while you have toppik in it will clump under your fingernails lol, it doesnt come out easily with water, so its okay if it gets rained on, but it comes out no problem with shampoo.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you don't really feel anything, but if you run your fingers through your hair while you have toppik in it will clump under your fingernails lol, it doesnt come out easily with water, so its okay if it gets rained on, but it comes out no problem with shampoo.

Will it make my hair feel hard? I like playing with my hair during the day... That’s my biggest fear, having helmet-hair

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will it make my hair feel hard? I like playing with my hair during the day... That’s my biggest fear, having helmet-hair
wait are you talking about the toppik hair fibers ? if so then no it wont make your hair hard, it just kinda sits on your scapt to make you look as if you have more hair.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply Caboki. Don't have money for Toppik; don't feel the need for it either.
What I do is that after applying I play with my hair so that the fibers are removed/detached from hair and remain only on the scalp. This way I also reduce the chances of anyone catching me with hair fibers.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to upload some more images... I apologise about the difference in lighting. Back then, I only occasionally took photos. Currently, I have been taking all of my photos in the same lighting, time of day (morning) and area to keep things consistent. My hair is still greatly thin, and lacks significant amounts of density. It’s these ‘mini scalp hairs’ which are giving the appearance of thicker hair, as it makes my scalp appear more ‘grey’ instead of scalp coloured. I am just waiting for those ‘mini scalp hairs’ to grow longer, and I am waiting for more to sprout. I hope people understand what I mean... It’s kinda hard for me to explain properly, so I apologise if you lack an understanding of what I mean.

Before treatment (taken in 2018):
View attachment 122136

Today:
View attachment 122138

That's amazing progress for such a short period of time, bet your over the moon, should get even better in the coming months.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's amazing progress for such a short period of time, bet your over the moon, should get even better in the coming months.

I am still emotional about my hair, especially since it is still greatly thin... It's debilitating to have to avoid leaving my home, or wearing a hat every time I leave my home. It's warm weather outside, and wearing a hat gives me such significant headaches! I am planning to purchase Toppik fibers tomorrow, and see how that looks...

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply Caboki. Don't have money for Toppik; don't feel the need for it either.
What I do is that after applying I play with my hair so that the fibers are removed/detached from hair and remain only on the scalp. This way I also reduce the chances of anyone catching me with hair fibers.

Toppik is cheaper than Caboki where I live... I was watching some ladies apply the fibers, and they brush it with a comb afterwards and it looks so great! I might try that... I just hope it doesn't make my hair feel icky, because I only wash my hair every four to six days.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik is cheaper than Caboki where I live... I was watching some ladies apply the fibers, and they brush it with a comb afterwards and it looks so great! I might try that... I just hope it doesn't make my hair feel icky, because I only wash my hair every four to six days.
It is basically black powder if I'm to put it honestly. Re toppik being cheaper, here in India it is 5-6 times more expensive so even though I can afford it. The opportunity cost is high.

I believe you're going to have great results (=completely like before you started losing them). Ein got his results after 5-6 months and you're already having awesome results after about 36 days on bica.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is basically black powder if I'm to put it honestly. Re toppik being cheaper, here in India it is 5-6 times more expensive so even though I can afford it. The opportunity cost is high.

I believe you're going to have great results (=completely like before you started losing them). Ein got his results after 5-6 months and you're already having awesome results after about 36 days on bica.

I believe Ein was having results earlier than that, within the initial months, but didn't notice the hairs until they grew longer. It would be the same case for others who have a great baseline. Since my hair was that bad, growth can be noticed rapidly.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppick is actually quality. I play with hair all the time especially when I’m bored at work. And it doesn’t come out. It does get under your finger nails. And your hair does get a bit dry but the scalp doesn’t dry. I posted a picture of my hair the other day. I have toppick in there.
You can shower and go swimming with out it coming out. Even when my hair is soaking wet and it dry it with a towel it still looks like real hair. Although it some of it will come out.
If you go on toppick website you can buy a small tester pot. For like £5 or something like that. Because the last thing you want is the wrong colour haha.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feeling sad about my hair today... I know it has only been fourteen weeks, but the results I am seeing aren’t as great as I expected... I thought there would be more growth occurring, but there isn’t... When I do a middle parting, it looks horrendous. I guess I will wait eight more weeks, and if there isn’t an evident improvement then I will increase my dosage of estradiol to 4mg/day.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feeling sad about my hair today... I know it has only been fourteen weeks, but the results I am seeing aren’t as great as I expected... I thought there would be more growth occurring, but there isn’t... When I do a middle parting, it looks horrendous. I guess I will wait eight more weeks, and if there isn’t an evident improvement then I will increase my dosage of estradiol to 4mg/day.
Estrogen isn't a growth stimulant - in fact, there's not enough/convincing evidence that it has any direct effect on Androgenetic Alopecia. That enough MTF hasn't gotten back all their hair is sufficient proof. But that's your choice.

If I was in your shoes, I would add minoxidil either topical or oral. Or would up my dose of bica to 100mg. But your life your choice. (you see Anxious Andy, Obsessive and others tried estrogel with absolutely no results.)

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well it has only been 14 weeks after all, in the 3 1/2 months you've been on it your hair seems to have improve quite a lot, keep in mind that it took @bridgeburn 2 years to go from bald to a full head of hair. it does take at least half a year to assess the real results of the treatment, so don't stress out okay, it's improving and it will continue to do so.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it has only been 14 weeks after all, in the 3 1/2 months you've been on it your hair seems to have improve quite a lot, keep in mind that it took @bridgeburn 2 years to go from bald to a full head of hair. it does take at least half a year to assess the real results of the treatment, so don't stress out okay, it's improving and it will continue to do so.

Within six months or so, Bridges density was extensive. If you check page thirteen on this thread, and scroll down to the bottom, you can see his progress at that point. It's just making me sad, along with this horrible breakout in 'acne' (it's more so a skin infection) I got from laser hair removal yesterday... Why couldn't I just be born Asian?! :(

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Within six months or so, Bridges density was extensive. If you check page thirteen on this thread, and scroll down to the bottom, you can see his progress at that point. It's just making me sad, along with this horrible breakout in 'acne' (it's more so a skin infection) I got from laser hair removal yesterday... Why couldn't I just be born Asian?! :(

did you get the red bumps ?