Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects have cut down drastically compared to when I was on spironolactone. On spironolactone, I would get the unpleasant effects of it being a diuretic such as: tiredness, weakness, nausea. Gynecomastia has worsened, which is because bicalutamide raises E further compared to before; if you are not on estradiol, you are fine.

Cheers mate. I am excited to just get started. I just want some regrowth. This is the best hrt drug for me because it doesn’t effect androgens like the others. I want to be on this long term so fingers crossed it works for me.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers mate. I am excited to just get started. I just want some regrowth. This is the best hrt drug for me because it doesn’t effect androgens like the others. I want to be on this long term so fingers crossed it works for me.

Dutasteride + Bicalutamide + Oral Minoxidil; will that be your regimen?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride + Bicalutamide + Oral Minoxidil; will that be your regimen?
This is the regimen I've been advocating for a month now. That is the best regimen with minimal sides vis-a-vis benefits.

• DHT blocker - check
  • Test and other androgens blocker - check (I know bica doesn't directly block it)
  • Growth stimulant - check. Pretty powerful one.
Just need to add metformin or raloxifene for gyno and the person should be done with this f*****g disease. Or maybe I'm just being delusional.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the regimen I've been advocating for a month now. That is the best regimen with minimal sides vis-a-vis benefits.

• DHT blocker - check
  • Test and other androgens blocker - check (I know bica doesn't directly block it)
  • Growth stimulant - check. Pretty powerful one.
Just need to add metformin or raloxifene for gyno and the person should be done with this f*****g disease. Or maybe I'm just being delusional.

I agree, when it comes to minimal side effects. For transgender individuals, or those who don't mind the effects of estrogen, then bicalutamide/dutasteride/estradiol will be the best option. It will make bicalutamides job easier, since the amount of T to block is significantly reduced, and there is a synergetic effect between bicalutamide and estradiol. It will also make an orchiectomy in the future possible, since your T won't raise if you stop bicalutamide.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, when it comes to minimal side effects. For transgender individuals, or those who don't mind the effects of estrogen, then bicalutamide/dutasteride/estradiol will be the best option. It will make bicalutamides job easier, since the amount of T to block is significantly reduced, and there is a synergetic effect between bicalutamide and estradiol. It will also make an orchiectomy in the future possible, since your T won't raise if you stop bicalutamide.
So for somebody like me who will never take any form of estrogen directly, will Cypro 12.5/25mg or metformin (not much evidence but sufficient studies available) or sth like SARM would do - to lower test levels? Just in case I may have to go this route and think of 25mg bicalutamide.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So for somebody like me who will never take any form of estrogen directly, will Cypro 12.5/25mg or metformin (not much evidence but sufficient studies available) or sth like SARM would do - to lower test levels? Just in case I may have to go this route and think of 25mg bicalutamide.

It would work, but you would have to use it along with oral minoxidil since CPA additionally lowers E. Although, you shouldn't use an NSAA with an SAA as @DHTcel explained.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So youre one of the few who doesn't get side effects (lethargy, etc) from spironolactone?

The only side effects I got on spironolactone was gyno and loss of libido. But my testosterone was nuked on spironolactone.
I brought more because I thought if 200mg nuked my testosterone so much maybe a lower dosage would be better for me. But the I heard about bica and that sounds like a much more suitable treatment for me as I have a girlfriend haha.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only side effects I got on spironolactone was gyno and loss of libido. But my testosterone was nuked on spironolactone.
I brought more because I thought if 200mg nuked my testosterone so much maybe a lower dosage would be better for me. But the I heard about bica and that sounds like a much more suitable treatment for me as I have a girlfriend haha.
I'm having a slightly more difficult job getting bica from my Doctor, but do have spironolactone on hand. I'm hoping that with dutas and and small amount of topical estro (0.2-0.3 mg), I might be able to see regrowth with as low as 50 mg of spironolactone? Or is that just a fantasy lol

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm having a slightly more difficult job getting bica from my Doctor, but do have spironolactone on hand. I'm hoping that with dutas and and small amount of topical estro (0.2-0.3 mg), I might be able to see regrowth with as low as 50 mg of spironolactone? Or is that just a fantasy lol
How was your experience with RU?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyday:
100mg spironolactone
25mg cypro
6mg Estrofem (2mg taken buccally 3x a day)
1.5mg oestrogel
.5mg dutasteride

Every Other Day:
10mg oral minoxidil
topical solution of min and finasteride (taken EOD on alternate days as oral min)

First 10 nights of the month:
100mg oral progesterone

3 days a week:
topical Dexamethasone

2 days a week:
1 pill of Diane-35

Is this still the current regimen @bridgeburn and do you split the 25mg cypro into 2 doses of 12.5mg /day or do you just take it all at once.

i know youre on Spironolactone and CPA together.
@DHTcel says taking NSAA's & SAA's together is pointless what do you think ?

I'm on CPA 12.5mg x2 daily 12 hours apart. with 2.25mg oestrogel circulating in my blood consistently. and soon to be on Bicalutamide 50mg x1 daily.

i read a study that said 25mg CPA vs 1mg Finasteride had same effect on lowering DHT with the additional lowering of T, A & DHEAS from CPA. (obviously youre on 5AR inhibitors aswell as CPA) but would it be pointless to take all CPA & Bical with Dutasteride together.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this still the current regimen @bridgeburn and do you split the 25mg cypro into 2 doses of 12.5mg /day or do you just take it all at once.

i know youre on Spironolactone and CPA together.
@DHTcel says taking NSAA's & SAA's together is pointless what do you think ?

I'm on CPA 12.5mg x2 daily 12 hours apart. with 2.25mg oestrogel circulating in my blood consistently. and soon to be on Bicalutamide 50mg x1 daily.

i read a study that said 25mg CPA vs 1mg Finasteride had same effect on lowering DHT with the additional lowering of T, A & DHEAS from CPA. (obviously youre on 5AR inhibitors aswell as CPA) but would it be pointless to take all CPA & Bical with Dutasteride together.

He asked me to show this thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ess-beneficial-for-treating-hair-loss.123271/

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridge, what do you say about the addition of progesterone? Topical therapy with progesterone significantly inhibits 5α-reductase in an in vitro study. According to Cassidenti D.L. et al. (1991), in high concentrations, progesterone inhibited the synthesis of DHT by 97%, estradiol - by 41%. I am going to use it in a gel on a body of Estrogel type

what about the oral progesterone??

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "LEXUS, сообщение: 1809635, участник: 139951"] вы не читаете внимательно. Я принимаю только 16 мг ципротерона. Единственная проблема с ципротероном заключается в том, что он разрушает эстрадиол. [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "LEXUS, post: 1809635, member: 139951"] вы не читаете внимательно. Я написал, что сейчас я принимаю только 16 мг ципротерона. Единственная проблема с ципротероном заключается в том, что он разрушает эстрадиол. [/ QUOTE]
what about the oral progesterone??
Gels are more convenient, it immediately enters the blood.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So according to the article i will only need Bicaludamide and estrogen, and that alone will reverse and inhibit DHT with the other androgens from having an effect in my body without needing a 5AR inhibitor?

He said:

“1)1mg bicalutamide blocks 10ng/dl of testosterone if DHT is not being blocked and 16ng/dl if someone is using dutasteride because DHT has a 0.25nM Kd and T has a 0.4nM Kd (Kd=binding affinity) progesterone and progesterone derivatives (SAAs) have a higher affinity than NSAAs and therefore break their bonds and render the NSAAs useless

2)tell him if he uses estrogen then he can get away with 12.5mg bicalutamide because at that dose 125ng/dl would be blocked and oral E2 usually drops T to around 50ng/dl anyways

3)if he doesnt use estrogen he can use 50mg bicalutamide with dutasteride and that in theory would block around 800ng/dl of T and there would be no DHT left

4)tell him i recommend he does 75mg bicalutamide with 0.5mg dutasteride since that should block around 1200ng/dl and bicalutamide should put T levels around there and he has agressive hair loss anyways”