Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
For some, the conventional meds just are not enough. HairLossTalk.com should not censor these things, it's educational and inspirational.
Anty got banned as soon as he started posting pics of his medication....
I dont think Anty got banned because of his regimen. I think becaise he tried to post something in the hair transplant doctor threads asking if he can get like a super low Norwood -3 hairline Lol. but he got censored then made a post complaining about censorship. also he started reccomending people to come ti Poland because they have good quality transplant doctors which are cheaper

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah me too, my forehead is so big it has its own gravitational pull so I never had a NW0 hairline, I always had a slight M shaped hairline, oh what Id do for that beautiful NW0 hairline that women have :p
lots of women have big foreheads without hairloss. I guess we can have norwood 0 with protruding

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
In my honest opinion if you are experiencing success with your current regimen and have even had a hair transplant then I see no need to add spironolactone at all. Remember in this fight we (most of us) are not striving for NW1, BUT undetectable hair loss is mostly what we want. Assuming from what you've said you already have that. Oral minoxidil definitely helps with general thickening as that's the only result I have left from it lol. My advice buddy is don't add in spironolactone, you are only putting yourself at risk for additional side effects. Good luck and keep us updated.

I agree with you. Obviously there is a recession but at a very slow rate, if spironolactone was 100% safe I wouldn't ask myself question but here it is more tricky. Hairloss can be agressive but can also be very slow & progressive...
I am sure that without duta I would be bald. And i stil have most of my hair but I keep the spironolactone as "safety weapon" in case things turn not good.
During the last 6 months i was not losing hair, and now suddenly again a lot of shedding. Will see!!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think Anty got banned because of his regimen. I think becaise he tried to post something in the hair transplant doctor threads asking if he can get like a super low Norwood -3 hairline Lol. but he got censored then made a post complaining about censorship. also he started reccomending people to come ti Poland because they have good quality transplant doctors which are cheaper
LOL I never knew Antydhtor but he sounded like one radical chap. Can't understand who would want a NW0 or even a negative Norwood. Would look ridiculous on a male! When I start my new regimen I hope to get close to NW1 but a solid NW2 will suit me just fine :)

@HillTopLumber The guy must have really loved his hair, kudos to him going balls to the wall and nuking male pattern baldness into oblivion haha.
@julien1200 Shedding sucks! I had a few wonderful months of regrowth and almost zero hair fall, now I'm shedding and losing my gains *sigh*
Hopefully when I start my new regimen I will regrow what I lost.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't understand who would want a NW0 or even a negative Norwood. Would look ridiculous on a male! When I start my new regimen I hope to get close to NW1 but a solid NW2 will suit me just fine :)
when i was your age, I would have loved to have a NW2 and I wouldnt have cared much about the difference between Norwood 2, 1, and 0..
(Edit: I didn't think I would've cared at his age, but since I had hairloss so suddenly from such a young age and didn't really know what life with an acceptable Norwood 1-2 was like.. for all i know, maybe I would've cared)

but now after experiencing hairloss for so long, I want as much hair as possible, Ill be happy with a damn Norwood -4!!!
I feel I need this in order to make up for lost time.. it is my redemption.

also I think that Anty's passion really had a great influence on me.

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
when i was your age, I would have loved to have a NW2 and I wouldnt have cared much about the difference between Norwood 2, 1, and 0..
but now after experiencing hairloss for so long, I want as much hair as possible, Ill be happy with a damn Norwood-4!!!
I feel I need this in order to make up for lost time.. it is my redemption.

also I think that Anty's passion really had a great influence on me.
Its funny how something as simple as hair can greatly affect someone's quality of life. I could never imagine myself as bald and I hope to never let that happen. I would say it did have good influence since you mentioned in the opening post that you held hippie beliefs haha, now you're popping all sorts of synthetic treatments to help fix your hair problem.. And to be honest its really f*****g working! :D
Even though I have more hair than you right now I am still envious, those results are stellar bro! I thought f*** it and ordered myself some estrogel, hope it gets here fast I can't wait to start lol.
What Norwood were you at my age? (20)

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say it did have good influence since you mentioned in the opening post that you held hippie beliefs haha, now you're popping all sorts of synthetic treatments to help fix your hair problem
LOL, yeah so much has changed, I was also terrified of finasteride and now im pretty much on mtf Hrt. XD what a joke this is, holy sh*t who knows how far out I would have been without hairloss. O.O
What Norwood were you at my age? (20)
from my memory maybe NW2.5 to NW3? but I'm tying to find old pics of myself. I wasn't diffuse yet so I always tried to hide it, and deleted most pics where it was noticeable, lol.

well, in this pic of me acting stupid in public I have my hair cut real short and I had just turned 19 so maybe a little worse at 20. sorry, if its a bit blurry, you might have to zoom in.

19.jpg

here i am again around the same time period
Screenshot_20180112-122951.jpg

oh i found one, here i am at 20 years old. hair is covering part of it but you can definitely see that recession.

Screenshot_20180112-123823.jpg

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL, yeah so much has changed, I was also terrified of finasteride and now im pretty much on mtf Hrt. XD what a joke this is, holy sh*t who knows how far out I would have been without hairloss. O.O

from my memory maybe NW2.5 to NW3? but I'm tying to find old pics of myself. I wasn't diffuse yet so I always tried to hide it, and deleted most pics where it was noticeable, lol.

well, in this pic of me acting stupid in public I have my hair cut real short and I had just turned 19 so maybe a little worse at 20. sorry, if its a bit blurry, you might have to zoom in.

View attachment 76190

here i am again around the same time period
View attachment 76192

oh i found one, here i am at 20 years old. hair is covering part of it but you can definitely see that recession.

View attachment 76193
Your loss seems similar to mine although mine is going fast right now! I hope by starting estrogel and finasteride again I can regrow. Will probably use it every second day with dermaroller. Do you think you could upload current pics of your hair compared to baseline please?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think you could upload current pics of your hair compared to baseline please?
here is my hair looking at my worst this june before going extreme.
P_20170627_151324.jpg P_20170627_151346.jpg

Baseline compared to yesterday:
IMG_20180112_134149.jpg

heres my bad side also in the summer compared to Jan 2nd:
IMG_20180112_134653.jpg

I also cut my hair yesterday by the way. So i could take pics easier and so it would be more even but of course i left the top a little longer so i can look more fullheadish lol. here's to show what I look like in general; my student ID pic taken last year before i used minoxidil or any antiandrogen treatment compared to yesterday.

Screenshot_20171023-094139.jpg

P_20180111_161601_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you're looking great that is truly an extreme transformation!
The estradiol is doing good for your skin too

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
yep but possibly by that time I could also be a C cup :confused: Lol
Where you at with the gyno right now?
You could gradually lower your dose until you find a sweet spot for where your hair doesn't suffer but your breasts don't grow anymore. I mean women's breasts don't grow bigger indefinitely so it's possible.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where you at with the gyno right now?
You could gradually lower your dose until you find a sweet spot for where your hair doesn't suffer but your breasts don't grow anymore. I mean women's breasts don't grow bigger indefinitely so it's possible.
they are not too big but maybe a little bigger and they have been getting more round shape. If they stay about this size then its fine. I think being slim helps but it is a bit easier to gain weight now so I have to be careful. and my growth hormone levels theoretically shouldn't be too high anymore. I don't expect them to get huge but still its possible! I may lower dose if it starts looking like a problem.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
they are not too big but maybe a little bigger and they have been getting more round shape. If they stay about this size then its fine. I think being slim helps but it is a bit easier to gain weight now so I have to be careful. and my growth hormone levels theoretically shouldn't be too high anymore. I don't expect them to get huge but still its possible! I may lower dose if it starts looking like a problem.
So you would say it's still relatively mild? No need for a binder? lol

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
no need, as long as I don't wear tight shirts or take my shirt off, then I look normal :)
What have your family and friends reactions been like? I mean you turned from balding to sh*t into what looks like a relatively full head of hair! Comments from fellow balding friends would be extra interesting

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Awesome results. Your temple points are coming back by a lot. I've been on the forums for many years and I see people sometimes pop in with extreme regimens but the results r usually quite impressive like yours. I still don't know how people can argue "androgens don't affect hair loss" when there r clear cut examples that they most certainly do.

It seems like ur experiencing some sides. Do u have a long term plan of how to deal with them? R u afraid of any long term damage?