Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome results. Your temple points are coming back by a lot. I've been on the forums for many years and I see people sometimes pop in with extreme regimens but the results r usually quite impressive like yours. I still don't know how people can argue "androgens don't affect hair loss" when there r clear cut examples that they most certainly do.

It seems like ur experiencing some sides. Do u have a long term plan of how to deal with them? R u afraid of any long term damage?
Who argues androgens don't cause hair loss? The condition is literally called Androgenic Alopecia lol

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
What have your family and friends reactions been like? I mean you turned from balding to sh*t into what looks like a relatively full head of hair! Comments from fellow balding friends would be extra interesting
I don't see my family on a regular basis cause I don't live in my home country.They will probably be surprised the next time I visit lol.. During the beginning of treatment was when I was visiting home last time and my hair still looked like sh*t overall but my mom and cousin noticed the new fuzzies on my scalp when the sun was shining just the right way on it. kinda like whoa there is something there. and when I met with my cousin who I hadn't seen in a year her first reaction was "oh, your skin looks good?!" I was like "uh,we'll there's a reason for that"...
As for friends, well I wore a hat around every friend literally almost all the time for about 2 years lol. So no one really saw me at my worse and when my hair was getting better I finally became confident enough to stop wearing a hat entirely and no one has said anything yet. literally throughout my whole adult life sometimes someone would point out my hairloss but no one has pointed it out yet since I got released from hat prison. and of course my girlfriend notices my regrowth all the time.

I think usually most people are not so observant when change happens gradually. I was even thinking that my results were not so good one time and then i went and looked back at my old pics and was shocked, it was worse than i remembered, lol. Sometimes when I have to show my student ID then people are very surprised.. one time someone asked me how old I was and after i told him he said "you do not look 27?!" and I said "well, I regrew some hair since last semester" and showed him my ID. His jaw dropped.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think usually most people are not so observant when change happens gradually. I was even thinking that my results were not so good one time and then i went and looked back at my old pics and was shocked, it was worse than i remembered, lol. Sometimes when I have to show my student ID then people are very surprised.. one time someone asked me how old I was and after i told him he said "you do not look 27?!" and I said "well, I regrew some hair since last semester" and showed him my ID. His jaw dropped.
Haha that's brilliant! Doesn't surprise me though, most people who are balding don't regrow hair ;)
Your girlfriend doesn't mind what you're doing then?
Suppose she benefits too since you won extra points in the looks department by having hair lol

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still don't know how people can argue "androgens don't affect hair loss"
Probably they don't want to believe it.
It seems like ur experiencing some sides. Do u have a long term plan of how to deal with them? R u afraid of any long term damage?
The only thing that really bothers me is the possibility of boobs getting too big. but there are options: loose shirts, sports bras, binders, liposuction, gyno surgery, raloxifene.... but hairloss IS NOT an option.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your girlfriend doesn't mind what you're doing then?
Suppose she benefits too since you won extra points in the looks department by having hair lol
She has always assured me that the balding didn't bother her. but it still bothered me quite a lot and she knows that and now is happy for me. she's never known me with a full head of hair, i'm pretty sure she will like it even if she doesn't admit it, lol. She always assures that she doesn't mind but I still am a bit worried if the changes continue too much if they might bother her someday, but so far doesn't seem to. some things are positive though actually she said that she likes kissing me more because my lips became softer.

edit: (former sentence wasn't a lie)

Edit: I wasn't totally honest with this post because I didn't want to admit it online. I wanted to appear like a total winner. but honestly, she had a difficult time accepting a few of the effects of HRT at first.. I felt a ton of guilt for that. going bald was more acceptable for her than gyno, but it still wasn't acceptable for me and i need to feel comfortable within my own body.. I honestly question if I am being ethical

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really love my hair more than anyone else but I'm visibly bald, that's why I need to go on a unconventional regime to get some regrowth. If I had the hair you have I wouldn't be on a regime this extreme.
Can you post pics of your hair? I'm kicking my regimen up a notch because I've still not stabilised and regrowth is desirable.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sh*t you not my dermatologist argued that I need androgens not anti-androgens to stop hair loss. Shes like 80 so her knowledge of hairloss is of the 1950's, meaning she basically knows nothing. That's why I go to her, managed to get a spironolactone and cypro prescription from her cause she knows almost nothing about them lol.
Thats almost unheard of for a cis male to get those drugs for hair loss, you really struck gold with her haha. What dosage of cypro is she prescribing you?

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oestrogel topical may cause side effects like gyno? I was thinking about adding it to my regimen.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crap. Im trying to avoid gyno . Im already taking spironolactone so better wait for a couple of months before adding new things.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So bridges you have been off cpa for 2 and a half months did you still get continuous growth Has your labido started to return. I.m thinking of taking a break . I'm only using 12.5 every other day and it's working fine I would just like to get a little T circulating again

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
So bridges you have been off cpa for 2 and a half months did you still get continuous growth Has your labido started to return. I.m thinking of taking a break . I'm only using 12.5 every other day and it's working fine I would just like to get a little T circulating again
still its gradually improving, when I stopped CPA I upped my E. My T might even be lower now, i dont know I haven't gotten blood tests but I dont get any morning wood or have any sperm. my libido is hard to measure cause its still whatever i want it to be. I dont feel much need or frustration if i dont use my dick but i can still choose to whenever I want. I don't miss my T but I miss my hair. so I'll start CPA again sometime in February. I got like 104 pills left

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
still its gradually improving, when I stopped CPA I upped my E. My T might even be lower now, i dont know I haven't gotten blood tests but I dont get any morning wood or have any sperm. my libido is hard to measure cause its still whatever i want it to be. I dont feel much need or frustration if i dont use my dick but i can still choose to whenever I want. I don't miss my T but I miss my hair. so I'll start CPA again sometime in February. I got like 104 pills left
What is CPA?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What i find weird is that there are people on these types of regimens that claim they can still have a hard on and there are people who touch a finasteride pill and their dick falls off. Fuckin weird...
Those guys are probably hypochondriacs with weak dicks.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No she conceded that I need antiandrogens not androgens. She knows they are antiandrogens but I don't think she knows how powerful they are. She knew what Diane 35 is tho, even she knew that's not for males lol.
Diane 35 is good for no one. it's a junk med. the form of estro they use can cause blood clots that can travel to lungs then it's lights out

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diane 35 is good for no one. it's a junk med. the form of estro they use can cause blood clots that can travel to lungs then it's lights out
Thanks for the info, now cite your sources