Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The breast tenderness will make that saying quite literal haha. Glad to hear things are improving! I'm still shedding right now which sucks but im sure I will get it under control in the not too distant future!
@DHTpolice you don't take finasteride or dutasteride? Are you still on cypro and spironolactone?
I don't take DHT-inhibitors. Stopped cypro in 2017. Now only 100 mg spironolactone and 1/2 of Diane 35. Will replace it with Estrogel soon.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found in my country an estrogel containing estradiol 0,6 mg/g. For those who are using estrogel, do you think it's enough 0,6? How sould i aplly it, just put it on my scalp?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is oral minoxidil having a significant effect on your hair? I think I might drop it because its crazy expensive, considering I'm taking quite strong AAs and will add E soon maybe minoxidil is not as important, but I'm not sure.
I think oral minoxidil is very cheap. It's like less than £10 per month

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is oral minoxidil having a significant effect on your hair? I think I might drop it because its crazy expensive, considering I'm taking quite strong AAs and will add E soon maybe minoxidil is not as important, but I'm not sure.
some people do regrow without it, but results will come quicker with it. others seem to need the boost of minoxidil to get maximum results.
I found in my country an estrogel containing estradiol 0,6 mg/g. For those who are using estrogel, do you think it's enough 0,6? How sould i aplly it, just put it on my scalp?
.6% is normal amount. spreading it even over a large area should increase absorption, if your tempkes are huge, shouldnt be a problem lol.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you have to spread on a large area, not necessarily on the head.
Yeah. It's supposed to be applied on places like your arms, legs, etc. It just makes more sense using it on the head if you are treating Androgenic Alopecia. When my shipment arrives I will be using it only on my temples and hairline.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I applied on my head, but i think some got lost on my hair.
yeah thats a problem and it becomes more diffucult the more hair regrowth you get. so i started applying a little to the temples and then on my forehead, and also underside of arms, and sometimes neck and lower abdomen

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again Bridgeburn. Sorry to disturb you again, but how many pumps do you take? I'm using a 0,6 estradiol gel.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you get it from? I want to get it from Thailand pharmacy but its not the first time customs opened a package I bought, if I get caught importing it I think I'll be in deep sh*t
ThailandPharmacy. Customs can't do anything except seize your package. minoxidil is not a controlled or illegal substance anywhere in the world.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks again Bridgeburn. Sorry to disturb you again, but how many pumps do you take? I'm using a 0,6 estradiol gel.
I left my laziness behind and did a research. Guess ill use two pumps
my gel doesn't have a pump measurement system. basically like a tube of toothpaste i squeeze it out onto a measurement stick tool. My regimen with the gel has changed a few times so hard to answer how much i take. currently, im not using gel just 4mg of estrofem pills. but before ive used:

with 50mg cypro i used 1.5mg topical E
and then 25mg cypro and 2.25mg topical E
and then no cypro and 3mg topical E
and then a 2mg E pill and 1.5mg topical E
and then for a couple weeks i used 1 diane35 pill and 1.5mg topical E

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
my gel doesn't have a pump measurement system. basically like a tube of toothpaste i squeeze it out onto a measurement stick tool. My regimen with the gel has changed a few times so hard to answer how much i take. currently, im not using gel just 4mg of estrofem pills. but before ive used:

with 50mg cypro i used 1.5mg topical E
and then 25mg cypro and 2.25mg topical E
and then no cypro and 3mg topical E
and then a 2mg E pill and 1.5mg topical E
and then for a couple weeks i used 1 diane35 pill and 1.5mg topical E
Are you still using the cypro?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Better off without it since it's a steroidal anti androgen. I presume you only used it to nuke your testosterone levels? Looking forward to your next update!

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Better off without it since it's a steroidal anti androgen. I presume you only used it to nuke your testosterone levels? Looking forward to your next update!
Im doing good without it but I still have over 100 pills left so im gunna use whats left. cypro doesnt cause as much androgen receptor activity overall as spironolactone. and apparantly it might help reduce 5ar as well?..

"Chlormadinone acetate, cyproterone acetate and dienogest are potent, orally active progestogens, which have antiandrogenic instead of partial androgenic activity. They act mainly by blocking androgen receptors in target organs, but also reduce the activity of skin 5alpha-reductase,"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12600226/

Last edited: