Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im doing good without it but I still have over 100 pills left so im gunna use whats left. cypro doesnt cause as much receptor activity overall as spironolactone. and apparantly it might help reduce 5ar as well?..

"Chlormadinone acetate, cyproterone acetate and dienogest are potent, orally active progestogens, which have antiandrogenic instead of partial androgenic activity. They act mainly by blocking androgen receptors in target organs, but also reduce the activity of skin 5alpha-reductase,"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12600226/
Interesting, I will have a look.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on my new dose of 4mg estrofem for 28 days now.

pic taken today:
Screenshot_20180121-094937.jpg

pic from 28 days ago: Screenshot_20180121-105204.jpg

pic today:
P_20180121_095006_vHDR_Auto.jpg

pic 26 days ago: P_20171226_152039_vHDR_Auto.jpg

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***, this really reinforces that Oestrogen is the answer. It begs the question, why the f*** has there not been more research into the downstream effects that cause Bridge and others to experience such phenomenal hair count increases? I suppose Folica is content on having wasted 10 years to achieve terminal hair count increase of just 25/cm^2.

I'm curious Bridge, do you think your scalp has become less taut whilst on treatment?

Last edited:

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm curious Bridge, do you think your scalp has become less taut whilst on treatment?
I would like to ask that myself.
This tension and tautness on the top of my scalp is the most annoying thing of male pattern baldness,even more so that the aesthetic outcome.
Btw,@bridgeburn you seem to be growing hair between your eyebrow and hairline.How are you planning to combat that?Laser?

Last edited:

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It begs the question, why the f*** has there not been more research into the downstream effects that cause Bridge and others to experience such phenomenal hair count increases?

No kidding. Here's the most recent study...from 2005. They tested only 1300 genes.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you plan to stay long term in this regimen ? Or do you want to get results and try to maintain with dutasteride ?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not sure, I haven't been memorizing or paying much attention to the tightness. the top of my scalp is still really tight, the temples though feel looser than the top. maybe there's more fat in the temples?
Btw,@bridgeburn you seem to be growing hair between your eyebrow and hairline.How are you planning to combat that?Laser?
not gunna combat it. the more hair the better! it would be cool to look like the monkey which is @InBeforeTheCure 's new avatar :D
Do you plan to stay long term in this regimen ? Or do you want to get results and try to maintain with dutasteride ?
If my boobs don't become too big, I'll just stay on this regimen. The moment they start becoming a problem, then i may try to maintain with something else ...or wear a binder?

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if a surgery can solve the problem for ever? I mean, if the boobs grow too much you can make the surgery and continue to take the drugs? Is it possible to make the surgery more than one time?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if a surgery can solve the problem for ever? I mean, if the boobs grow too much you can make the surgery and continue to take the drugs? Is it possible to make the surgery more than one time?
Once the gland is removed, it doesn't grow back. but maybe would have to still worry about fat distribution? I'm a bit afraid of surgery though so I hope it doesnt get too much.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once the gland is removed, it doesn't grow back. but maybe would have to still worry about fat distribution? I'm a bit afraid of surgery though so I hope it doesnt get too much.
Great. Well im not afraid of surgery i my health insurance covers it.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If my boobs don't become too big, I'll just stay on this regimen. The moment they start becoming a problem, then i may try to maintain with something else ...or wear a binder?
You can always wear a bra,ha,ha!:D
Fun aside,even if you cover gyno with a binder,how are you gonna cover the fact that your face and body will be perceived as female?
Convert to Islam and wear a burka?Ha!,ha!

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About that... most folks already look slightly feminine with a clean shave. Only hairloss actually labels you as male in those scenarios. As long as you have even a little facial beard/shadow you can easily pass male even with tits. Folks mistake it for fat, unless its really perky and not puffy.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
how are you gonna cover the fact that your face and body will be perceived as female?
No one is going to think that, I'm not going to wear female clothes or grow my hair extremely long and if I keep some scruff on my face I will always be percieved as male. even if I am a soft looking guy, I won't look abnormal.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score