Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you experience a tingling sensation in your temple area?
I have intermittent tingling in both temples (especially corners) despite the fact new vellus hairs are appearing. Strange.

Often I feel strong tingling feeling at the roots whenever i brush my hair, gently pull or run my fingers through it. all over the top i feel this! , but I dont feel it or notice it when i am not touching my hair

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Often I feel strong tingling feeling at the roots whenever i brush my hair, gently pull or run my fingers through it. all over the top i feel this! , but I dont feel it or notice it when i am not touching my hair
Same when I brush.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** man crazy result !
how much minoxidil do you apply on temple ?
you buy it on inhouse ?
do you know if evopharmacy.com is a legit website ?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on some forums for women who have undergone full hysterectomy, and are suffering menopausal/hormonal symptoms from it. Many of them use topical E and complain that estrogel specifically causes itching and tingling of the scalp, and that when progesterone was upped it diminished. Alternatively, some of the women said that the tingling stopped with a higher dose of E, 2mg or above.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on some forums for women who have undergone full hysterectomy, and are suffering menopausal/hormonal symptoms from it. Many of them use topical E and complain that estrogel specifically causes itching and tingling of the scalp, and that when progesterone was upped it diminished. Alternatively, some of the women said that the tingling stopped with a higher dose of E, 2mg or above.
What do you think if we dissolve estradiol in minoxidil and apply on scalp?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think if we dissolve estradiol in minoxidil and apply on scalp?
Honestly I don’t know how that would go, or if estradiol would be altered by the minoxidil or alcohol at all. You’d have to do a bit more research to find whether or not others have tried it. I mean, there’s alfatradiol which is essentially topical E, and the ingredients listed in that are “0,25 mg alfatradiol, Geruchskorrigens adjuvant (+), Glycerol adjuvant (+), Inositol adjuvant (+), Isopropyl alcohol excipient (+), Water, cleaned adjuvant ”. It would be trial and error as to weather adding gel or crushed tablets to minoxidil would work.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t know how that would go, or if estradiol would be altered by the minoxidil or alcohol at all. You’d have to do a bit more research to find whether or not others have tried it. I mean, there’s alfatradiol which is essentially topical E, and the ingredients listed in that are “0,25 mg alfatradiol, Geruchskorrigens adjuvant (+), Glycerol adjuvant (+), Inositol adjuvant (+), Isopropyl alcohol excipient (+), Water, cleaned adjuvant ”. It would be trial and error as to weather adding gel or crushed tablets to minoxidil would work.

We are guinea pigs. :(
Anyway, in the span of last 24 hours I lost approximately 400 hairs. That’s frigging insane. My eyebrows are burning as well as my body feels itchy. This really is fucked up now.

Did you as well shed that much along with the itch.

I am on duta, spironolactone and loniten.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are guinea pigs. :(
Anyway, in the span of last 24 hours I lost approximately 400 hairs. That’s frigging insane. My eyebrows are burning as well as my body feels itchy. This really is fucked up now.

Did you as well shed that much along with the itch.

I am on duta, spironolactone and loniten.

It could be any one of those things causing a shed. For me personally, the I’ve taken the pill (still am), spironolactone, now dutas and topical/oral minoxidil. All began with a shed, but minoxidil is the only thing that caused 200-400 hairs a day, so if you have started or increased oral minoxidil I reckon that’s it.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be any one of those things causing a shed. For me personally, the I’ve taken the pill (still am), spironolactone, now dutas and topical/oral minoxidil. All began with a shed, but minoxidil is the only thing that caused 200-400 hairs a day, so if you have started or increased oral minoxidil I reckon that’s it.

Not increased but kept it a constant at 5mg per day.
I am riding the shedding train. Hell of a journey.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not increased but kept it a constant at 5mg per day.
I am riding the shedding train. Hell of a journey.
It’s demoralizing isn’t it. I wash my hair every day, will pull out 50-80 hairs in the shower alone and watch my hair just get thinner and thinner all the time. I only started on dutas and RU a few weeks back (hairloss hasn’t stopped though), but the fact that things are still getting worse all the time is enough to make any hope very small, and some days I consider suicide. I feel like my body is just broken and won’t be fixed by anything. I’m praying that the dutas/RU/pill/topical and oral minoxidil/niacinamide combo helps. I’ve been using topical cetirizine and miconazole too but will probably not continue once I run out since it doesn’t really seem to do much.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s demoralizing isn’t it. I wash my hair every day, will pull out 50-80 hairs in the shower alone and watch my hair just get thinner and thinner all the time. I only started on dutas and RU a few weeks back (hairloss hasn’t stopped though), but the fact that things are still getting worse all the time is enough to make any hope very small, and some days I consider suicide. I feel like my body is just broken and won’t be fixed by anything. I’m praying that the dutas/RU/pill/topical and oral minoxidil/niacinamide combo helps. I’ve been using topical cetirizine and miconazole too but will probably not continue once I run out since it doesn’t really seem to do much.
To be frank, I also am vacillating between strong emotions both on the positive and negative spectrum on the emotional scale. One part in me just wishes to die; I am having panic attack and suicidal tendency. On the other hand, I have a side to me that is telling me to shave it off and f*** the world. The rationale that it gives me is that optimistically I have 10 years of youth (not carefree coz of male pattern baldness), left in me and pessimistically life can end any moment. Now that I have already ruined 1 year over this crap; it would be better to just shave it off, though stay on the meds and forget it.

For me it is painful as I turn the clock year back and I have the best hair at my workplace. So the irony of life is, you study, get a job and just when you feel like you have found a great person to spend your life with, all your self confidence plummets because of male pattern baldness.

I know it's even tougher for you since you are a lady.

The best option really is to shave it off. Face the sh*t that world throws at you; the mocks, their gaze (For me it would be OMG this guy receded so goddamn quickly). Hop on life and hope on that the girl you adore will not be scared of this new person.

Anyway, I am still locked in my room for past 2 days with my soreful head and sorrowful heart, tinkering with keyboard and contemplating my course of action. JIC I don't find the love I am seeking, I will consider relinquishing everything and jump into the philanthropist band-wagon. I do have altruistic tendencies. I wish, I was born a buddhist monk (right from your birth you are clean shaven so f*** male pattern baldness).

Hope is a good thinking; since I am diffusing equally; I might have Telogen Effluvium though I do have Androgenetic Alopecia and slight receding at temples.
I will carry on with the meds (dutasteride, min, finasteride) and at most add estradiol (preferably topical).
If this turns the clock a year back and restores my temples by 2 cm, I will be a happy man.

I wish you the strength to brace this tough time and pray that you have a head full of hair. Atleast almighty should shower you with that gift this coming year.
Amen.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be frank, I also am vacillating between strong emotions both on the positive and negative spectrum on the emotional scale. One part in me just wishes to die; I am having panic attack and suicidal tendency. On the other hand, I have a side to me that is telling me to shave it off and f*** the world. The rationale that it gives me is that optimistically I have 10 years of youth (not carefree coz of male pattern baldness), left in me and pessimistically life can end any moment. Now that I have already ruined 1 year over this crap; it would be better to just shave it off, though stay on the meds and forget it.

For me it is painful as I turn the clock year back and I have the best hair at my workplace. So the irony of life is, you study, get a job and just when you feel like you have found a great person to spend your life with, all your self confidence plummets because of male pattern baldness.

I know it's even tougher for you since you are a lady.

The best option really is to shave it off. Face the sh*t that world throws at you; the mocks, their gaze (For me it would be OMG this guy receded so goddamn quickly). Hop on life and hope on that the girl you adore will not be scared of this new person.

Anyway, I am still locked in my room for past 2 days with my soreful head and sorrowful heart, tinkering with keyboard and contemplating my course of action. JIC I don't find the love I am seeking, I will consider relinquishing everything and jump into the philanthropist band-wagon. I do have altruistic tendencies. I wish, I was born a buddhist monk (right from your birth you are clean shaven so f*** male pattern baldness).

Hope is a good thinking; since I am diffusing equally; I might have Telogen Effluvium though I do have Androgenetic Alopecia and slight receding at temples.
I will carry on with the meds (dutasteride, min, finasteride) and at most add estradiol (preferably topical).
If this turns the clock a year back and restores my temples by 2 cm, I will be a happy man.

I wish you the strength to brace this tough time and pray that you have a head full of hair. Atleast almighty should shower you with that gift this coming year.
Amen.
Yeah, see I feel exactly the same. Some days I’m hopeful, others like today I want to die. This year in particular has been truly awful. I did actually shave my hair off at the beginning of 2016, and also at the time had the courage to do so because I had a supportive boyfriend who loved me anyway. I became complacent as it grew back because it seemed to be thick and healthy. I was even happy with it. By June this year however, I realised that it had actually still slowly been getting thinner, and that having it shaved for a while just made me not notice so much. My hairloss is strange because of my hormones, and I actually get diffuse thinning with hairline recession like a man. Being on oral minoxidil regrew my hairline, but the all over loss never stopped.
I also have found that minoxidil has synchronised my hairgrowth cycle, so my hairline will grow in so thick that it’s almost TOO low some months, then othe months will recede again to an abnormal level. Each time the hair gets thinner and doesn’t recover despite taking the pill. This all clicked in June when my hairline had receded to a noticeable point again and i realised I had been blind for an entire year and a half. At the time my boyfriend of 2 years also left me because he took my depression as a sign that I didn’t love him. Since about August my hairline regrew again and now I’m noticing in December the recession is happening again. Minoxidil does not seem to help my hairloss which is why I am now throwing the most powerful drugs at it that I can. It’s early days, but I’m still sad as f***. I used to be a model with thick, long hair. Now it’s like an old woman’s hair. I have spoken to other women who have had success on minoxidil + diane35 + dutas, but my hormonal situation is so unique that it’s so hard to say what will or won’t work for me. spironolactone never did anything. The pill certainly didn’t regrow my hair, and minoxidil only seems to cause an illusion of regrowth sometimes. I’m praying Too. Every single day

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, see I feel exactly the same. Some days I’m hopeful, others like today I want to die. This year in particular has been truly awful. I did actually shave my hair off at the beginning of 2016, and also at the time had the courage to do so because I had a supportive boyfriend who loved me anyway. I became complacent as it grew back because it seemed to be thick and healthy. I was even happy with it. By June this year however, I realised that it had actually still slowly been getting thinner, and that having it shaved for a while just made me not notice so much. My hairloss is strange because of my hormones, and I actually get diffuse thinning with hairline recession like a man. Being on oral minoxidil regrew my hairline, but the all over loss never stopped.
I also have found that minoxidil has synchronised my hairgrowth cycle, so my hairline will grow in so thick that it’s almost TOO low some months, then othe months will recede again to an abnormal level. Each time the hair gets thinner and doesn’t recover despite taking the pill. This all clicked in June when my hairline had receded to a noticeable point again and i realised I had been blind for an entire year and a half. At the time my boyfriend of 2 years also left me because he took my depression as a sign that I didn’t love him. Since about August my hairline regrew again and now I’m noticing in December the recession is happening again. Minoxidil does not seem to help my hairloss which is why I am now throwing the most powerful drugs at it that I can. It’s early days, but I’m still sad as f***. I used to be a model with thick, long hair. Now it’s like an old woman’s hair. I have spoken to other women who have had success on minoxidil + diane35 + dutas, but my hormonal situation is so unique that it’s so hard to say what will or won’t work for me. spironolactone never did anything. The pill certainly didn’t regrow my hair, and minoxidil only seems to cause an illusion of regrowth sometimes. I’m praying Too. Every single day
If I have to sum up this year, I lost a lot, but the most precious thing has been my hair. In-fact my hair shed timeline pretty much matches with your. My first severe shed happened in June and now it's happening again in December. Not that the intermittent months were devoid of shed but were less cruel. My entire body has been itching for past 2 days. I am sorry to hear about your relationship trouble.
Given that I have never been in a relationship, I have strong tendency to isolate myself. You know, I was just wondering if I had a job where I did not have to interact with people; maybe If I was an author. I have shunned almost everyone. I do not interact with friends anymore nor do I go to parties. I stay away from home and now I am sick afraid of visiting my parents. I barely talk to them and my siblings. What a mockery of life it has become. Mofo male pattern baldness. If only it progressed slowly, I would have had no problem.
Ever since I started meds, it seems like it is avenging me and has gotten aggressive.

From someone who had a perfect mane and beard and above. avg build, I have deteriorated into sh*t hair and sh*t body phase. With the anti-androgens my beard will also take a hit. FML.

Everytime I touch my scalp it hurts. Goddamn.

I need a new life, somewhere away from this place, a place where being bald is perfectly fine. Infact, not just fine but where it is considered sexy.

People are readying up for NYE and here I am sobbing.

WTS3

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is getting away from bridgeburn's topic but I would personally be distraught if any of y'all killed yourselves from balding. We are brothers and sisters in this fight and we can all empathize with each other. The end of hair should not be the end of the world though it does feel like that sometimes. I will wish for strength for you all.