Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my country gyno removing surgery costs $700-$1000 and good hair transplant is approximately $2500-$3500+ for 1k grafts. Results from hair transplant are nothing in comparison with a hormonal treatment. Even superexpensive transplants from top-tier first-world surgeouns will never give a natural density (acceptable, but not natural).

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
really am amazed at the thickness/density gained

Screenshot_20180107-082304.jpg

Screenshot_20180107-081841.jpg

Now it's like this whenever I pull my hair to part it:
Screenshot_20180106-181744.jpg

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow man youre an inspiration, what do you think was the main medication that helped increase your density so much, the antiandrogens or the Estradiol?
I’m interested to see what you think here also. To be honest you may even Just be an amazing responder to oral minoxidil like I was in the first year. It’s difficult to know when everything you take is pretty hardcore

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow!Is that really you in the last pic?The hair colour is different and the hairline seems lower compared with your avatar.
Such a gain in one month?
Perhaps you should upload better photos for more objective judging.
yeah its really me. my hair became much darker looking in real life too. the pic is taken in the same room as my avatar pic. my head is tilted downward, I was trying to show my density not my hairline

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow man youre an inspiration, what do you think was the main medication that helped increase your density so much, the antiandrogens or the Estradiol?
Im not even taking an anti androgen for more than 2 months and still gaining. I think estrogen is more in important long term but maybe the minoxidil can give more immediate results. and its really the combination which is great. but i have seen some amazing regrowth using antiandrogen approach without minoxidil so i know it is possible, but some probably need the extra boost of minoxidil.
minoxidil will lose effectiveness without changing hormones and your hair eventually matches your hormone profile. it didnt stop my chest hair from falling out although it temporary grew them faster before they thinned. but i think minoxidil will keep continuing to work as long as there are no male hormones to antagonize it.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn this is insane man !
so how much of this result can be attributed to duta and minoxidil ?
what treatment give you result at first ?
If there was not the certain result of gyno with such a regimen i would do it ! less body hair and acne is a plus

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you apply minoxidil to your whole scalp ?
people have made comment about your new hair ?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda lean towards the Estradiol having the most effect. I read that Estradiol is extremely effective in the frontal part of the scalp, menstrual women regain a lot of density there from EE or E.

minoxidil is effective as hell on the crown, but recently it is failing me, I lost most of my crown for no reason it seems, hopefully oral minoxidil could make it effective again and maybe have effects on other areas of the scalp, that is ofcourse if my shipment from inhouse ever arrives and customs don't send me to jail :oops:

I see from your regime you only take 2.5 mg oral minoxidil, why not take 10 if you are a responder?
I have upped it recently to 5mg and I also use the 5% all over my scalp with RU. Plus I have started taking avodart daily, AND I’m on the pill. sh*t just keeps getting worse for me sadly. I’m considering taking supplemental estrgoen but it does scare me. My crown/the top of my head is getting so thin now that my part is unnaturally Wide. Theoretically all that minoxidil, plus estrogen/progesterone, RU and dutas should be a sure thing but I’m yet to see any signs of improvement.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not even taking an anti androgen for more than 2 months and still gaining. I think estrogen is more in important long term but maybe the minoxidil can give more immediate results. and its really the combination which is great. but i have seen some amazing regrowth using antiandrogen approach without minoxidil so i know it is possible, but some probably need the extra boost of minoxidil.
minoxidil will lose effectiveness without changing hormones and your hair eventually matches your hormone profile. it didnt stop my chest hair from falling out although it temporary grew them faster before they thinned. but i think minoxidil will keep continuing to work as long as there are no male hormones to antagonize it.
You still take dutas?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just go all out for 10mg, minoxidil is dose dependent so you should see better results on it.

If you don't mind me asking from where are you shedding hairs? Looking at pictures you posted on your thread your density looks good, yes there is some hairloss, but especially considering you say you lose 100-150 hairs a day it looks good. From your pic your hairloss seems the type menopausal women have, so maybe trying 2 Diane 35 pills or estradiol injection e/d to increase your estradiol could put your hormones in balance plus 10mg minoxidil would help?
Your blood tests said you have high P and low E, menaupausal women have low E and P so increasing E is the way to go. Yes you said a Diane 35 pill didn't somehow increase your E but taking 2 DIane 35 a day or injectable E would have to raise your E.
I shed hairs from all over my head but the worst part is my crown/top of my head. I also have brow and lash thinning. I don’t think taking 2 Diane a day is a good idea because it is not sustainable long term and I hate to think what sort of sh*t it would do to my body. I plan on scrapping topical minoxidil and using stemoxydine instead to mix my RU, and then going up to 10mg oral minoxidil. I do think that estrogen is incredibly important... I had none and it even affected my facial hair. Like an old woman. All my hairs are becoming thin and Whispier as time goes on. I’m praying that RU and avodart help, but I may start to take extra E if not

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive seen on your post that your body doesn't produce LH, that is why I would imagine why your E is so low.

1 Diane 35 pill ed is not enough E to go to the female rages, you need to take about 3 a day or inject a sizeable E. I'm probably starting 2 D35 pills a day soon hopefully so I'll update you if they have a significant effect but what is sure is that 1 is not enough for full HRT. 3 is was what used to be prescribed in full MtF therapy.
2 a day just scares the utter sh*t out of me. That’s 70mg of ethyl estradiol a day!!!

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but it all but guarantees results I guess. Seeing your posts I don't think you need to go 'all out' yet cause you don't look noticeably bald so risking a stroke from 70mcg EE is probably not worth it :p

I think you should do well on dutasteride, 10mg oral minoxidil and 1 Diane 35 pill. What worries me is your Hypoestrogenism, I think your low E levels is whats keeping you from going back to a fullhead especially in that frontal hairpart you showed in your post, long term HRT is risky, do you know what people suffering chronic E deficiency do? I have no idea how people suffering from this manage this condition.
Usually just take the pill OR their bodies go back to normal whereas mine hasn’t. I’m thinking taking an extra 1mg might help... like if I buy E2 and take half.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know one guy from HLH who was taking 3 pills of Yasmin (EE + drospirenone) ed and 200-300 mg of spironolactone ed. He had experienced bad depression, stomach pain and constant nausea, but he regrew lots of hair. Now he is on bioidentical estrogen and doing fine hairwise, from what I have seen. The only problem, he looks like a woman now, lol.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
so how much of this result can be attributed to duta and minoxidil ?
I don't know but it all helps. its all a good synergistic combination.
you apply minoxidil to your whole scalp ?
You have asked this before. no, just taking oral tablets.
people have made comment about your new hair ?
yes some have noticed. but I wore a hat almost all the time for at least 2 years. I seriously had friends who had never seen me without my hat. I didnt let many people see my head when it was at its worse, They probably figured out why though. When I started to get regrowth, I felt confident enough to stop wearing hats at all. My hair was not fullhead looking yet but surprisingly nobody pointed out my hairloss.
OP ; in your case the result totaly worth the gyno ! you look so much younger and healthier !
hell yeah, people assume Im younger than i really am now

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow youre not even on Cypro anymore? I am thinking of going big for the first couple of months, say 200spiro, 50cypro, 10minox and 2 diane 35 pills ed until I at least regain some density in my frontal area maybe my scalp will no longer be visible through my hairline. After that dropping to Diane 35, minoxidil and dutasteride I think should be enough to at least maintain any regrowth, seeing your approach seems to validate this even more.
holy sh*t, just 50mg of cypro should be enough. and with the diane you can get female level ranges. taking that much spironolactone and cypro together will f*** your body up. plus the diane can be hard on liver too. the way it is metabolised is thought to contribute much to why it might have more complications like the increased risk of venous issues.

No I haven't been taking cypro anymore. i did take diane for 2 weeks but thats only 2mg of it. right now im on the highest dose of bio E ive ever taken. 4mg, and im pretty sure my T production is mostly fried.

You still take dutas?
yes
Why not just go all out for 10mg, minoxidil is dose dependent so you should see better results on it.
not necessarily dose dependent. the responsiveness to minoxidil depends ob the levels of sulfotransferase cause it needs to combine with that in order to become minoxidil sulfate, the active form of minoxidil. but the levels of sulfotransferase produced is different foreach individual. but i agree she should try more and possibly better results.
From your pic your hairloss seems the type menopausal women have, so maybe trying 2 Diane 35 pills or estradiol injection e/d to increase your estradiol could put your hormones in balance plus 10mg minoxidil would help?
Your blood tests said you have high P and low E, menaupausal women have low E and P so increasing E is the way to go. Yes you said a Diane 35 pill didn't somehow increase your E but taking 2 DIane 35 a day or injectable E would have to raise your E.
good idea
she could just take high doses of estradiol and if that doesnt work, pop extra diane.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited: