Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know but it all helps. its all a good synergistic combination.

You have asked this before. no, just taking oral tablets.

yes some have noticed. but I wore a hat almost all the time for at least 2 years. I seriously had friends who had never seen me without my hat. I didnt let many people see my head when it was at its worse, They probably figured out why though. When I started to get regrowth, I felt confident enough to stop wearing hats at all. My hair was not fullhead looking yet but surprisingly nobody pointed out my hairloss.

hell yeah, people assume Im younger than i really am now
Ha yea thats what I've done for years, when you get it back you expect all these people to take notice but your the only one who does

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
!!!!!! you know what, I have been really itchy in certain places like my legs. sometimes my upper arm, etc. and it started around the time I upped my oral minoxidil.... I thought maybe that it was from the weather turning colder but now im thinking its the minoxidil. @Choi Han Kyul also wrote that he was itchy. I think it has something with body hair follicles. ive been rubbing cocunut oil to make it feel better.
I got that too on the side of my calf. scratched it raw

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you take E for long enough time you will experience some level of testicular atrophy and your T production might not come back for a long time even after you stop taking it. The same can't be said for antiandrogens used alone. this is a reason many transwomen get sperm frozen before HRT.

The disadvantage about Ethynl E though is that the elevation in SHBG takes a long time to go down after stopping and actually I heard it described as semi-permanent before. this could make it difficult to switch from Diane to Estradiol unless theres adequate enough androgen production to take space on the SHBG.

probably this would be more problamatic for males with shrunken balls.
Yes it causes you to stop producing normal female hormones amongst others, so when you stop you just have none.. and if you’re lucky, things go back to normal after 6 months or a year. If you already have low hormones or predisposition to hairloss like me, you are left totally vulnerable, and you’re fucked.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn i’m sorry to hijack your thread but i reeeaally want answers. I’m going to post a month-by-month (on the same day) snapshot of my hairline (and overall density) from May last year to today. It shows the weird hairline refrowth and recession I have been experiencing over and over since I started taking minoxidil. It’s like some months my hair growths, some months it just stops. f*****g lucky me. Does ANYONE else get this hairgrowth synchronisation?! I’m not sure what to do, or if it’s hindering any other medications from working because my hair is stuck in this cycle and regardless of what I take, the hair is ether all growing or not (albeit thinner and thinner every time). The last photo is May last year.

Attachments

• 474B65AF-153D-469A-88DB-292AD61EAAED.png
    474B65AF-153D-469A-88DB-292AD61EAAED.png
    468.8 KB · Views: 1,241
  • 10FFBDD1-930B-49D1-A7B1-8CA6EC85E8C2.png
    10FFBDD1-930B-49D1-A7B1-8CA6EC85E8C2.png
    335.8 KB · Views: 1,201
  • 0614EC6A-25D1-49C2-9452-D46E54FD08DF.png
    0614EC6A-25D1-49C2-9452-D46E54FD08DF.png
    537.4 KB · Views: 1,246
  • 15B4B635-A180-407F-AEAF-267BA40BB184.png
    15B4B635-A180-407F-AEAF-267BA40BB184.png
    463.6 KB · Views: 1,349
  • CA95A59C-0EAA-4ECE-90B5-9B9CA07BD4E5.png
    CA95A59C-0EAA-4ECE-90B5-9B9CA07BD4E5.png
    586.6 KB · Views: 1,077
  • A9C55D56-C2BD-4B6A-A2A6-FABA38B3FD18.png
    A9C55D56-C2BD-4B6A-A2A6-FABA38B3FD18.png
    560.3 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 5A0ADC09-37A2-4CEF-8325-EA84F7DC3EEF.png
    5A0ADC09-37A2-4CEF-8325-EA84F7DC3EEF.png
    616.4 KB · Views: 1,148
  • 3CB115EC-DAEA-4BD8-94EE-7E7FD2B954A7.png
    3CB115EC-DAEA-4BD8-94EE-7E7FD2B954A7.png
    462.5 KB · Views: 1,028
  • FA17F381-FE57-4CDE-9790-EACE3ABB6AC5.png
    FA17F381-FE57-4CDE-9790-EACE3ABB6AC5.png
    415.9 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 153A6EB2-3DE2-45F1-8B59-CCC00B331C20.png
    153A6EB2-3DE2-45F1-8B59-CCC00B331C20.png
    551.9 KB · Views: 1,163

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie ; you are taking oral minoxidil ?
No hypertrichosis with it ?
i don't know how it is possible not to get this side with oral minoxidil . I got it with the topical version

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie ; you are taking oral minoxidil ?
No hypertrichosis with it ?
i don't know how it is possible not to get this side with oral minoxidil . I got it with the topical version
I use both and yes I get excessive hair regrowth SOME months. I wondered if the topical wasn’t the cause... so I’m planning on stopping it at switching to stemoxydine when I’m finished with the bottle I have. So you used to get the recession/regrowyh thing over and over with topical? Also here’s a top scalp view from May 2017 to yesterday. :(

Attachments

• EE447A6D-E67B-4C34-AF5C-0AE2F7032717.jpeg
    EE447A6D-E67B-4C34-AF5C-0AE2F7032717.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 829
  • 1E17CD56-C427-4412-960A-0D04F281DB61.jpeg
    1E17CD56-C427-4412-960A-0D04F281DB61.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 823

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you believe you have problem,look at mine,it will make you feel better.
But at least i'm not consumed by it.
Actually hairloss is the number 3 issue that concerns me at the moment.
View attachment 75707
I’m sorry that yours is more advanced than mine, but basically I’m headed that way in the next 4-5 years with the thinning I have. I’m also a 24 year old female. Sorry to come across as a whinger, but it basically makes me a freak, whereas men can shave and look normal still.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha yea thats what I've done for years, when you get it back you expect all these people to take notice but your the only one who does
a few reasons for that, because it changes slowly and gradually over time and people don't have your previous image memorized in a photographic way andthey dont realize. but of course if they happen to look at photographs of the past then they are shocked. maybe people you don't see on a regular basis would more likely notice, like visiting distant family months later. then its more sudden change.

also cause we wear hats and try to hide it and dont let people see it at its worst. my diffusion thickened up quickly and i stopped wearing a hat, I still had noticeable receding hairline as the regrowth slowly gets thicker but I still tried to style my hair to make it look not as bad.
if hair is thick enough you can grow it.

and then its cause i think the people on this site are extreme compared to the general population. we definitely are not representive of the general pop. Most men don't know sh*t about hairloss even if they have hairloss and assume its something inevitable and accept it. Also most people don't phychoanalyze hairlines like we do and many wouldn't even consider a man with Norwood 2.5 to be balding as long as the rest of his hair is thick. so they dont pay much attention.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does ANYONE else get this hairgrowth synchronisation?!
you might be the only one. I guess some do get sheds every 3 months or so. but sounds like too much of your hair synchronized hair cycles.
I’m sorry that yours is more advanced than mine, but basically I’m headed that way in the next 4-5 years with the thinning I have. I’m also a 24 year old female. Sorry to come across as a whinger, but it basically makes me a freak, whereas men can shave and look normal still.
he needs to leave you alone! It doesn't look that bad yet but hairloss is a progressive disease and that is a big difference in the part in a relatively short amount of time.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
you might be the only one. I guess some do get sheds every 3 months or so. but sounds like too much of your hair synchronized hair cycles.

he needs to leave you alone! It doesn't look that bad yet but hairloss is a progressive disease and that is a big difference in the part in a relatively short amount of time.
My hairloss is very fast. Like I said, within one year I went from lush, full hair to a NW2. Not even the pill or 200mg spironolactone stopped it.
minoxidil helped, but now I have the synchronised recession and regrowth.
Been on avodart almost a month. Nothing. minoxidil was the only thing so far to help, and yet it’s partially fucked my hair, but since there is no alternative I’m stuck. Eyebrows and lashes grow back thinner and fewer. My hairloss is so aggressive and I am
Only 24. I think about suicide every day. I am
So f*****g sad I can’t even begin to describe it.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eyebrows and lashes grow back thinner and fewer.
this sounds like something other than androgenic alopecia? does common hairloss even affect eyebrows and eyelashes??

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
It does if you’re a woman and you have low estrogen
I didn't know estrogen can have any effect on eyebrows/eyelashes? do women have longer eyelashes? so many wear those fake lashes and make up its hard to tell

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't know estrogen can have any effect on eyebrows/eyelashes? do women have longer eyelashes? so many wear those fake lashes and make up its hard to tell
Well when women go through menopause, a common complaint is thinning of lashes and brows as well as hair, because of the decline is estrogen. That said, it can also be linked to androgen deficiency, low sex hormones in general, which is why old men also get thinner facial and body hair over time too. All your sex hormones decline, your body hair overall thins. For me, I had menopausal level estrogen, but relatively higher testosterone and DHEAS levels, even though apparently those are low too. So the ratio of estrogen to androgens/testosterone left me vulnerable to genetic hairloss and dht sensitivity, and whereas other women with Androgenetic Alopecia will only have female pattern loss (for example women with PCOS) because they have high testosterone and regular to high levels of estrogen, I got the full lot - hairloss recession (estrogen protects the hairline), body and facial hair thinning, and now most prominently, the female pattern of loss is becoming apparent, but I have diffuse loss as well. It’s a wonderfully sh*t combination of issues. My theory is that avodart should somehow he really beneficial given that spironolactone wasn’t, but who bloody knows

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was born of bald parents and have been ridiculed to baldness ever since I was 14. My father literally duped my mother (he had a wig for marriage). Sometimes when my mother falls sick she kinda tells me 'the truth'. She told me she wanted to marry a guy with good hair and wanted a daughter so that offspring doesnt have baldness(a common theme, guy gets mom hair and girl gets father hair). She thought my father had the best hair among the marriage candidates and was devastated when she found out its a wig.

Though she is glad I am male otherwise being a female I would have been devastated. Ironic kinda how I went to square one.

My parents seem to have a rare genetic occurance where T/DHT ratio is 2:1. I did a little bloodwork and found this a recurring ratio for me. Its nuclear for hair if you have regular male level T.

Last edited: