Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
last 200 pages of you complaining and changing your medications
The people who follow me know that I haven't changed my medications that often. And I always changed them only when it was obvious that they did not stop baldness. I have increased the dosage of Bicalutamide, but this is not the same as changing the medication.

You're the mental equivalent of Yar, lol. I'll block you too.
1626343647299.png

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to delete my account, but it seems to me that there is no administration on this forum

Ironically, the main change on estradiol is that if before I was devastated due to baldness, now I am crying due to baldness. It's ironic and very sad at the same time. Although I'm not entirely sure if estrogen is involved. I left a whole 1000 posts here in an attempt to deal with stress.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I spent so much time on this f*****g forum that Janey stopped looking creepy to me. We must quit this, goodbye. It's time for me to start my last plan.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen. Even the just in it, i.e., HRT for hair folks, I mean ya hotsa knows that ya might turn out similar to Janey if you think that's your worst nightmare. Janey says well, some times some of us MtF's, we doesn'ts fit too good with normal society but Janey doesn't f*****g care one iota.
You doing okay?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It takes several months to recover, but miniaturization stops immediately when the drugs reach the desired concentrations in the system. Only an inferior person can not understand this and advise to take medications, despite the intake of which the person continues to go bald. I wish you to treat cancer in the same way. "Just give it more time for it to metastasize"
Thats not entirely true. From the moment hair is kicked into telogen phase it can take up to 3 months before that hair actually comes out of the scalp, and would likewise show miniaturization from that cycle before starting (hopefully) a thicker anagen cycle if meds are involved

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats not entirely true. From the moment hair is kicked into telogen phase it can take up to 3 months before that hair actually comes out of the scalp, and would likewise show miniaturization from that cycle before starting (hopefully) a thicker anagen cycle if meds are involved
Tell me more about this precious world of anagen, sigh. Is there anything except estrogen that increases it? Cause E2 can increase anagen over three times compared to the XY follicle. Nobody ever talks about anagen enough.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
In Christian theology, Goddess is either associated with the Holy Spirit or with the Madonna, the mother (Mother) of Jesus so step right up all of you Catholics, this journey is completely Papally endorsed so to speak. Our Lady in Heaven....
Nonsense, one might even say heresy.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell me more about this precious world of anagen, sigh. Is there anything except estrogen that increases it? Cause E2 can increase anagen over three times compared to the XY follicle. Nobody ever talks about anagen enough.
Estrogen prolongs anagen phase, like when pregnant women get fuller hair during their pregnancy. But once levels return to baseline, there will be an excess of telogen at once.

Experimentality

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you one of those who need to use useless Finasteride for 2 years to realize that it does not stop baldness? I have been using Bicalutamide for 5 months (And finasteride 5 months) and it has not stopped my baldness. What was the point in waiting further? You're just an idiot who doesn't understand basic things.
He is not wrong. Especially the first few months you can expect worsening due to famous Telogen Effluvium sheds. Personally, I think you did not give Bicalutamide enough time. Anyway, what are you expecting from treatments if I may ask? Based on the pictures you provided you are doing great and I do not see any thinning. This could be lighting of course, so it is up to you to assess. You cannot use Bicalutamide for a few months (even adjusting dosage en route), conclude it does not 'work' (whatever your definition of 'work' is) and then generalize this to the whole population and even to all AA's in general.

I know that obsessing over hair often distorts your view at it: I often think I am thinning whereas I am actually thickening in the front when looking at my pictures objectively. Finasteride and dutasteride do slow baldness for the majority of males and are worth it to at least run for a year solo. I want to stress that point because I suspect many (young) people are lurking at this thread: they deserve a objective view on the matter. And that is that the majority of males will do great on 5AR inhibitors.

I am absolutely not against HRT for hair loss. In fact, I am using E2 myself (albeit topically, in extremely small doses). However, I do think it should remain an absolute last resort option, and cannot be used in typical HRT doses for males. The HPT axis is NOT resilient (especially not against E2 exposure since it is testicotoxic) and individuals aiming at HRT cycles will generally have a very hard time trying to get their T back in even the lowest range (and thus having to resort to TRT as a result for the rest of their lives). If you are dead set on using E2 HRT cycles I would strongly encourage you to at least use a LH-analog (i.e. hCg) and a FSH-analog (i.e. hMg of hFSH) along with it to attenuate damage to the axis (prevention is impossible).

Please, everyone reading this thread. Please think thorougly about your plan of action. Do your own objective research. These are decisions that should not be taken lightly, and can literally change lives (for the worse or the better). Take care.

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, boy do you look young in your new avatar pic. HRT seems to make most of us look very young plus you will avoid ever having a beard nor hair loss so things are shaping up nicely in terms of youth and androgyny even if you feel "forced" into HRT.
It's just a makeup filter i look like a caveman most of the times

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Telogen Effluvium sheds
It has nothing to do with miniaturization.
you are doing great and I do not see any thinning
I have to be Norwood 6 for you to say "It starts"?
You cannot use Bicalutamide for a few months (even adjusting dosage en route), conclude it does not 'work'
If the treatment did not stop the process of follicle miniaturization, everything is obvious. Regrowth is preceded by a stop of progression, otherwise it cannot be.
Finasteride and dutasteride do slow baldness for the majority of males and are worth it to at least run for a year solo. I want to stress that point because I suspect many (young) people are lurking at this thread: they deserve a objective view on the matter. And that is that the majority of males will do great on 5AR inhibitors
Write this on Reddit in the comments to Dr. Rassman's post. I have not seen a single Finasteride success story in those who began to go bald at the age of 16-20. It "helps" 30+ year olds to keep 3 hairs.
I am absolutely not against HRT for hair loss. In fact, I am using E2 myself (albeit topically, in extremely small doses). However, I do think it should remain an absolute last resort option, and cannot be used in typical HRT doses for males. The HPT axis is NOT resilient (especially not against E2 exposure since it is testicotoxic) and individuals aiming at HRT cycles will generally have a very hard time trying to get their T back in even the lowest range (and thus having to resort to TRT as a result for the rest of their lives). If you are dead set on using E2 HRT cycles I would strongly encourage you to at least use a LH-analog (i.e. hCg) and a FSH-analog (i.e. hMg of hFSH) along with it to attenuate damage to the axis (prevention is impossible).
I also thought about such risks. But I should recall the name of this thread: hair = life. I am ready to use HRT for life if it is absolutely necessary.
I am not good at how to restore T production, but I have heard of clomid and tamoxifen, although I have no idea how the axis works. What specific drugs can you recommend?
Please, everyone reading this thread. Please think thorougly about your plan of action. Do your own objective research. These are decisions that should not be taken lightly, and can literally change lives (for the worse or the better). Take care.
I agree. I took a big risk, and I am guaranteed to receive (already received) the consequences in the form of body changes (there is gynecomastia). HRT for those who agree with the name of this thread. I almost lost my mind yesterday, it reminds me how important my goal is

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is not wrong. Especially the first few months you can expect worsening due to famous Telogen Effluvium sheds. Personally, I think you did not give Bicalutamide enough time. Anyway, what are you expecting from treatments if I may ask? Based on the pictures you provided you are doing great and I do not see any thinning. This could be lighting of course, so it is up to you to assess. You cannot use Bicalutamide for a few months (even adjusting dosage en route), conclude it does not 'work' (whatever your definition of 'work' is) and then generalize this to the whole population and even to all AA's in general.

That's right. It not only takes time but also it's one thing making a theory (IMO in this case mostly based on hearsay) and another one dropping it when it doesn't immediately give strong indications of working.

Can't agree with that as I went to low (86) estradiol and mid-male testosterone after about two years of continuous estradiol treatment with high estradiol (~250) very low testosterone (~16).

My balls haven't shrunk and the recent increase in testosterone mostly returned all functionality. I guess a few more months would revert everything but boobs and even then lowering estrogen shrunk them a bit. Remember this is still with female level estradiol.