Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just had a shower and closely inspected my scalp and Im seing clear and obvious regrowth on both my temples! It's Working! Also my gnyo has diminished significantly just over the last 3 days of no estrogen. This is very encouraging to me because I now believe I will be able to grow hair without gyno If I take periodic breaks from e for 1 to 2 weeks. So first the cypro Is stopping testoterone and dht from attaking my hair which I want to believe is the most important part and that secondly the estrogen is a booster for the hair but in my case maybe not the most important. I think if I can just take estrogen for most of the year but not all the time that will be enough for me to keep growing hair without the gyno because It was the last side effect for me to get, I got everything else months earlier. Thicker hair, softer skin,reduced libido ect. So my idea is to keep taking cypro during my breaks off estradiol which will provide maintenence so I dont lose any ground and then after my gyno syptoms have gone back to normal I will resume taking estradiol for more regrowth and then just keep reapeating the cycle as needed. I'm pretty confident I can pull this balancing act off.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just had a shower and closely inspected my scalp and Im seing clear and obvious regrowth on both my temples! It's Working! Also my gnyo has diminished significantly just over the last 3 days of no estrogen. This is very encouraging to me because I now believe I will be able to grow hair without gyno If I take periodic breaks from e for 1 to 2 weeks. So first the cypro Is stopping testoterone and dht from attaking my hair which I want to believe is the most important part and that secondly the estrogen is a booster for the hair but in my case maybe not the most important. I think if I can just take estrogen for most of the year but not all the time that will be enough for me to keep growing hair without the gyno because It was the last side effect for me to get, I got everything else months earlier. Thicker hair, softer skin,reduced libido ect. So my idea is to keep taking cypro during my breaks off estradiol which will provide maintenence so I dont lose any ground and then after my gyno syptoms have gone back to normal I will resume taking estradiol for more regrowth and then just keep reapeating the cycle as needed. I'm pretty confident I can pull this balancing act off.
This may also support my theory that T plays a role in hair growth too, before puberty my hair was fine and straight, after puberty is was thick (corse) and curly. So maybe T is good for a short time but not a long time?

What if one can repeat puberty by lowering T using cypro then releasing T when cycling off it. The release of T may boost follicle growth in the short term, but then you don't want it sticking around too long so then get back on cypro. But then what lenth of time should the on and off intervals be?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
This may also support my theory that T plays a role in hair growth too, before puberty my hair was fine and straight, after puberty is was thick (corse) and curly. So maybe T is good for a short time but not a long time?
puberty murdered my temples

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much cypro are u taking? And have u had your testosterone tested before and after?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
puberty murdered my temples
You know come to think of it I think it did my temples in to, but the rest it made thick and curly. I think the reason I never noticed or paid attention because the forelock became so thick I used it to comb over the temples easily pulling off a Norwood 0-1 look.
When I get a chance I'll show you my pictography before and after puberty in the PM. Maybe it will help to solve some of these missing pieces.

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive just read a study saying that cypro was given to healthy males for 12 weeks at a dose of 10mg daily. When they checked their test and dht they had drop by 70% and 50% and spermatogenesis and sperm motility were inhibited. Everything retured back to normal after cypro was stopped. Maybe a small dose like this along with a small dose of estrogen a couple of times a week could be enough for regrowth without to many sides.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This happened to my grandfather. He's been taking bicalutamide , cypro for his prostate cancer.Before the treatment he had curly,coarse hair and now he has straight fine hair. He always mention about how his hair was and those drug changed it.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much cypro are u taking? And have u had your testosterone tested before and after?

Im taking 12.5 to 25 mg a day. It just depends on what I feel like I need. I havent had my testosterone levels checked but I dont think I need to. I can feel the diffirence. I know i'm very low.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive just read a study saying that cypro was given to healthy males for 12 weeks at a dose of 10mg daily. When they checked their test and dht they had drop by 70% and 50% and spermatogenesis and sperm motility were inhibited. Everything retured back to normal after cypro was stopped. Maybe a small dose like this along with a small dose of estrogen a couple of times a week could be enough for regrowth without to many sides.

Thats a great Find could you give us a link? I'd like to read it if its not too technical. I wonder in comparison how much finasteride drops dht by. Yes i think cypro with a small amount of estrogen has very strong potential to regrow hair. Are you thinking of trying this yourself?

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking 12.5 to 25 mg a day. It just depends on what I feel like I need. I havent had my testosterone levels checked but I dont think I need to. I can feel the diffirence. I know i'm very low.
How do you feel day to day? Do u have any drive or is your training affected yet?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you feel day to day? Do u have any drive or is your training affected yet?

I dont feel as energetic as I used to so I havent been working out as much. My muscles are always sore now after exercising where I used to feel nothing the next day. I'm starting to notice muscle loss as well, how much of that is just because I havent been working out much and actually not at all for the last 2 weeks I'm not sure. Honestly its hard to get motivated to lift weights when I know I'm being held back by low t and I'm going to be sore the next day.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6771095/ I ordered oestrogel just got to wait for it to arrive. It would be good to know what your test levels are. Maybe they are on the low end but not totally crushed when u take 12.5??

Thanks for the link. Now that I know how effective 10 mg of cypro is I think I will stick with taking 12.5 mg per day. I dont know if it's placebo or not but I think I feel better when I take 12.5 instead of 25.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This happened to my grandfather. He's been taking bicalutamide , cypro for his prostate cancer.Before the treatment he had curly,coarse hair and now he has straight fine hair. He always mention about how his hair was and those drug changed it.

Yeah my hair became glossy and is slowly lightening strand by strand, people think I have highlights lol. Nape and sides have thinned out though. I'm starting to believe these hairs maybe androgen dependant, and certainly from observing female napes I see that they have a distinctly different patterning to that of males.

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Now that I know how effective 10 mg of cypro is I think I will stick with taking 12.5 mg per day. I dont know if it's placebo or not but I think I feel better when I take 12.5 instead of 25.
Your welcome. I also read that a males test could go from 400 to 600 and he wouldnt notice much difference unless he was on the lower end of test scale. So maybe on 12.5 yours isnt totally crushed but its on the lower end. It could be all you need so you arent 100% castrating yourself.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long was your grandfather on cypro?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats a great Find could you give us a link? I'd like to read it if its not too technical. I wonder in comparison how much finasteride drops dht by. Yes i think cypro with a small amount of estrogen has very strong potential to regrow hair. Are you thinking of trying this yourself?
Small amount of cypro likely amplifies effectiveness of others things being used.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
my hair is thick and curly now, without any T
Would it be thicker if you let some of the T come back, never know till you try.
I think each needs to find the happy medium dose that is optimal for them - trial and error

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
you may feel better by reducing cypros high prolactin increase. vitamin b6 and vitamin E
Would it be thicker if you let some of the T come back, never know till you try.
I think each needs to find the happy medium dose that is optimal for them - trial and error
hell no