Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi,I want to know what is your exact regime?
it changes sometimes but at the moment,

200mg spironolactone(100mg 2x a day) , 6mg buccal estrofem(2mg tablet 3x a day), 0.5mg dutasteride once a day.
10mg oral minoxidil once a day, every other day.
and a Diane 35 pill once a week

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
y'all, Im in tears right now

IMG_20181026_212602_2.jpg

that freckle for reference point ,

IMG_20181026_212602_1.jpg

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
"you have genetics from both sides. but yes, which genes are turned on or off can change from exposure to certain substances."

Bridge is it a possible gene combination to have my dads hair type, but my moms resistance to DHT at the follicles?
Meaning, my dad is bald and I mostly take after him, although my hair is holding better than his when he was my age.
Plus both my grandpas did not go bald.
I know you are not God and all knowing but have you ever come across studies like this?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
y'all, Im in tears right now

View attachment 102865

that freckle for reference point ,

View attachment 102866

It just keeps getting better. For my self I've finally noticed some new hairs comming in and my temples are getting more fuzzy coverage. My hair is looking better each day I just want to thank you again, youve been my inspiration from the beginning. There is a good chance I might have been bald right now if it wanst for you. I think I'm going to remain on a more conservative regamin. When the wind doesent screw up my hair it looks really good so I'm just hoping for a slow and steady increase in growth on a lower dose of everything. Im actualy thinking of reducing my estradiol dose back to 1.5 mg just to be safe. I'm hoping that will be enough to continue improving my hair without getting much gyno. I know my hair wont reach peak levels like yours on a lower dose but Its enough for me to just have it thicken up and look well again.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridgeburn I need your help more than ever. There's something I have to admit... I've been in denial but I cant lie to myself any more. I was just looking in the mirror and realized that my gyno is getting pretty bad. Much worse than I let on. It's now noticable through my clothing on the right angle that I usally dont see myself in the morror from. It was easy to lie to myself because I work out and just kept thinking that my pec muscles are getting bigger like an idiot. This has hit me pretty hard. I am not prepared to have it get any worse so I only see one option left for me. I am more concerned with maintenence than growth now so what if I continue to take test blockers like cypro but refrain from taking anymore Estrogen? will I keep my gains? will my hair loss halt from just cypro? I mean isnt cypro kind of like an extreme version of finasteride? Isn't there a chance thet I will continue to regrow hair from just cypro? will my gyno Halt? it should right? I have to admit i do enjoy looking a bit younger because of the estrogen, will I have simmilar effects from just cypro? I know it is unhealthy to be on test blockers without any estrogen but It seems to be my only option left. and who knows maybe I'll only have to be on it a for a year or so if brotzu ends up being a decent maitenence option. Maybe I can take Estrogen just once or twice a week. Its a shame these last few months I really enjoyed not having to worry all the time about hairloss and now here I am again. Obviously I'm desperate and I anxiously await your reply. Please tell me there's some hope for me.

Last edited:

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridgeburn I need your help more than ever. There's something I have to admit... I've been in denial but I cant lie to myself any more. I was just looking in the mirror and realized that my gyno is getting pretty bad. .

You should try Raloxifene, it's highly effective to treat gyno, and you will still get the hair benefits. Raloxifene works by competing with the estrogen receptors in breast tissue. In other words, it blocks the "lock" that estrogen normally acts like a "key" in, so that it can't feminize the breasts anymore.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridgeburn I need your help more than ever. There's something I have to admit... I've been in denial but I cant lie to myself any more. I was just looking in the mirror and realized that my gyno is getting pretty bad. Much worse than I let on. It's now noticable through my clothing on the right angle that I usally dont see myself in the morror from. It was easy to lie to myself because I work out and just kept thinking that my pec muscles are getting bigger like an idiot. This has hit me pretty hard. I am not prepared to have it get any worse so I only see one option left for me. I am more concerned with maintenence than growth now so what if I continue to take test blockers like cypro but refrain from taking anymore Estrogen? will I keep my gains? will my hair loss halt from just cypro? I mean isnt cypro kind of like an extreme version of finasteride? Isn't there a chance thet I will continue to regrow hair from just cypro? will my gyno Halt? it should right? I have to admit i do enjoy looking a bit younger because of the estrogen, will I have simmilar effects from just cypro? I know it is unhealthy to be on test blockers without any estrogen but It seems to be my only option left. and who knows maybe I'll only have to be on it a for a year or so if brotzu ends up being a decent maitenence option. Maybe I can take Estrogen just once or twice a week. Its a shame these last few months I really enjoyed not having to worry all the time about hairloss and now here I am again. Obviously I'm desperate and I anxiously await your reply. Please tell me there's some hope for me.
If you take cypro alone, its still possible to get gyno, some do some don't. its indirectly estrogenic from its heavy androgen antagonism. even back in the day, some eunuchs got gyno.

It will not develop to full fledge breasts or to the extant as with estrogen.

If you take just cypro, its generally safe for a year or two, but long term could lead to bone mineral density problems.
if you take raloxifene with cypro, it will maintain your bones.

regarding raloxifene, Idk what effect it may have on hair.
theres mixed anecedotes about it

raloxifene increases LH, so sex steriods, but with cypro should counter that.

Its very possible youll be able to maintain hair as long as its not exposed to enough androgens to change gene expression. cypro even alone is pretty extreme.

Ein has mentioned on here before that metformin is a breast specific aromatase inhibitor.

I'd say your options to try are:

-check if gyno gets better on cypro alone (risky, could end up permanent gyno if it doesn't)

-cypro plus ralox and/ or metformin.

-Dht gel on breasts while on HRT (risky as f*** for hair but who knows)

-switching to estriol (low ERa preference)

-topical dexamethasone? , this is something ive been considering lately. it increases aromatase in derma papillia by 9X. It also downregulates ERa (supposedly ERb is what is good for hair, and ERa is what causes breast development)

-just accept it and try to find a girl who's into it.

-surgery, then you can take Hrt and whatever you want and won't get any gyno. (unless theres some tissue that the surgeon missed)

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was easy to lie to myself because I work out and just kept thinking that my pec muscles are getting bigger like an idiot.
also I'm pretty sure working out will make it look worse, the muscle growing behind the gland would push it out more.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone think this is gyno? The first pic is age 18 then the next 3 are in the 40's. Or are the pecs from working out and expanding the muscle?

upload_2018-10-27_8-32-17.png

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you take cypro alone, its still possible to get gyno, some do some don't. its indirectly estrogenic from its heavy androgen antagonism. even back in the day, some eunuchs got gyno.

It will not develop to full fledge breasts or to the extant as with estrogen.

If you take just cypro, its generally safe for a year or two, but long term could lead to bone mineral density problems.
if you take raloxifene with cypro, it will maintain your bones.

regarding raloxifene, Idk what effect it may have on hair.
theres mixed anecedotes about it

raloxifene increases LH, so sex steriods, but with cypro should counter that.

Its very possible youll be able to maintain hair as long as its not exposed to enough androgens to change gene expression. cypro even alone is pretty extreme.

Ein has mentioned on here before that metformin is a breast specific aromatase inhibitor.

I'd say your options to try are:

-check if gyno gets better on cypro alone (risky, could end up permanent gyno if it doesn't)

-cypro plus ralox and/ or metformin.

-Dht gel on breasts while on HRT (risky as f*** for hair but who knows)

-switching to estriol (low ERa preference)

-topical dexamethasone? , this is something ive been considering lately. it increases aromatase in derma papillia by 9X. It also downregulates ERa (supposedly ERb is what is good for hair, and ERa is what causes breast development)

-just accept it and try to find a girl who's into it.

-surgery, then you can take Hrt and whatever you want and won't get any gyno. (unless theres some tissue that the surgeon missed)

Thank you so much for replying quickly you've set my mind at ease now. I think I will continue to take Cypro alone and then after a couple weeks try to go back on estradiol a little bit maybe just a few times a week to stay healthy but if not a couple more years of hair with just cypro sounds good to me. I have some estriol left so I will try that as well. My gyno allready looks better this morning but Im still worried from last night. I dont want it to be noticible like that. and honestly even if I had a girlfriend that didnt care I would still be emberassed to be noticed by everybody else. Thank you a ton for all the suggestions, Im glad theres a few things Ive yet to try. I have to go to work now so I dont have time to look into them right now but I will tonight.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
50 mg cpa three times a week with finastride every day and minoxidil twice a day
go for it. CPA is strong though lol, also have you considered dutas instead of finasteride?
Anyone else find they go pee more frequently on cypro?
not me. but with spironolactone yes
Bridge is it a possible gene combination to have my dads hair type, but my moms resistance to DHT at the follicles?
Why do you think your mom is resistant to DHT? maybe she just has less.
Does anyone think this is gyno? The first pic is age 18 then the next 3 are in the 40's. Or are the pecs from working out and expanding the muscle?
View attachment 102949
lol is that you?

Ninja Turtle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. I can’t believe the lengths some of you will go just for hair. Lowering test, taking estrogen, oral spironolactone. What good is hair if you lack muscle and have low body fat?? I thought I was intense with my Dutasteride but man I think you guys need to re assess your priorities.

likemike

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should try Raloxifene, it's highly effective to treat gyno, and you will still get the hair benefits. Raloxifene works by competing with the estrogen receptors in breast tissue. In other words, it blocks the "lock" that estrogen normally acts like a "key" in, so that it can't feminize the breasts anymore.

"Mechanism of action (pharmacodynamics) Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) such as raloxifene are drugs that display tissue and cell specific agonist and antagonist estrogenic effects. In raloxifene, the steroid structure of estrogen is not present, but it binds to the classic estrogen receptors. Raloxifene is currently the third generation of this class of active ingredients. Raloxifene acts on the estrogen receptors in the bone tissue agonistic and unfolds an antiresorptive effect, whereas the effect in the breast or endometrial tissue is antagonistic. The binding affinity for ERα is four times greater than for ERβ."
from wikipedia

its the question what happen in the hair-follicle and remaining body .. brain..

Raloxifen instead of true exogen E2 ... hmm..

i love my E2, my hair loves E2 ... my brain loves it ...
but gyno and prolactine are very pronounced .. Prolactine, progesterone, estradiol makes a great female breast... thats it, what happen to me... my hair are NW1 .. but breast are very developed into B/C cup.. :/

has anyone a ressource of raloxifen to buy it... thx ;)