Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys I'm back. I havent posted in a few weeks because not much has changed. but ugh I have to stop taking finasteride again it makes me feel like a zombie it completely zaps my energy and i just feel wrong. It always does this too me I just cant enjoy life like that. I have no motivation to do anything when im on it. I think im quiting it for good this time. I miss the old me that gets sh*t done. It really takes the zest out of life. I know its the finasteride and not the otherstuff because every time i dont take it for a few days I get better. my cypro dose goes back and forth between 12.5 and 25 mg and my estradiol 2.25 to 3 mg sometimes lately. My libido is a bit stronger than it used to be. I'm still waiting for my damn temples to come in. I really hope in the next month I start to see some serious regrowth. I'm growing impaitent. My gyno has actually diminished a bit which is weird. I sometimes get pain in my nipples. My face has slightly more feminen look but it's subtle I dont think anyone will get suspicious.

But more importantly there is a girl I'm going to ask out soon that I wouldnt have the balls to ask out if I were bald. And I probably would have shaved my head by now without the HRT that I started 4 months ago. I guess I'm trying to convince myself that this is worth it and so far i think it is.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys I'm back. I havent posted in a few weeks because not much has changed. but ugh I have to stop taking finasteride again it makes me feel like a zombie it completely zaps my energy and i just feel wrong. It always does this too me I just cant enjoy life like that. I have no motivation to do anything when im on it. I think im quiting it for good this time. I miss the old me that gets sh*t done. It really takes the zest out of life. I know its the finasteride and not the otherstuff because every time i dont take it for a few days I get better. my cypro dose goes back and forth between 12.5 and 25 mg and my estradiol 2.25 to 3 mg sometimes lately. My libido is a bit stronger than it used to be. I'm still waiting for my damn temples to come in. I really hope in the next month I start to see some serious regrowth. I'm growing impaitent. My gyno has actually diminished a bit which is weird. I sometimes get pain in my nipples. My face has slightly more feminen look but it's subtle I dont think anyone will get suspicious.

But more importantly there is a girl I'm going to ask out soon that I wouldnt have the balls to ask out if I were bald. And I probably would have shaved my head by now without the HRT that I started 4 months ago. I guess I'm trying to convince myself that this is worth it and so far it is.

I hope you get good regrowth - tbh you should at this point, and you should still absolutely ask her out! Despite that I’m here I find bald men so sexy ;) and what a win when your hair regrows man!!
Xxx

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you get good regrowth - tbh you should at this point, and you should still absolutely ask her out! Despite that I’m here I find bald men so sexy ;) and what a win when your hair regrows man!!
Xxx

Ha ha! I will and thanks for the support.

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score
You got balls of steel, doing this, this sh*t is scary af.

When I first read this journal a year ago I thought noway I'm doing this, but the idea have marinated in my subconcius ever since. And I came to the conclusion that I would never ever be truly happy being bald, and with that realization the desicion was easy. So bring the gyno but also bring the hair, sh*t mabye I even can find a girlfriend who is kink and likes my gyno. Oh come here LetsDoit you are so cute with your A-cups let me suck your titties mmm, and who knows mabye it feels amazing too. To me it seems like hrt have more benefits than just hair, it's like the fountain of youth, look at bridgeburn looking 10 years younger with smooth skin.

Next summer I will be out rocking a full head of hair, and for a second it's as if time slows down, looking like a f*****g angel when the wind's blowing on my curls and androgynous face. Strangers in the street telling me I'm glowing, I guess thats what happen when you have been bald for the last five years and get your hair back. I feel happier than I've been in a long time because I'm doing what it takes to get my hair back. And because of this it's not scary anymore.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I came to the conclusion that I would never ever be truly happy being bald, and with that realization the desicion was easy.
Amen.
and your username is appropriate
let me suck your titties mmm, and who knows mabye it feels amazing too.
it does ;)
Next summer I will be out rocking a full head of hair, and for a second it's as if time slows down, looking like a f*****g angel when the wind's blowing on my curls and androgynous face. Strangers in the street telling me I'm glowing, I guess thats what happen when you have been bald for the last five years and get your hair back. I feel happier than I've been in a long time because I'm doing what it takes to get my hair back. And because of this it's not scary anymore.
*sniff* that was beautiful :rolleyes:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score

But more importantly there is a girl I'm going to ask out soon that I wouldnt have the balls to ask out if I were bald. And I probably would have shaved my head by now without the HRT that I started 4 months ago. I guess I'm trying to convince myself that this is worth it and so far i think it is.
Well we'll cross our fingers to get temples and density like this. I never even had that at peak hair in my teenage years but with E changing gene expression the sky is the limit

upload_2018-10-19_7-37-3.png
upload_2018-10-19_7-37-15.png

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
wait -
what do you mean e changes gene expression?
Bridge would know this better, but I think receptors react with hormones, meaning your hair follicle will respond different to estrogen vs testosterone exposure.

I think generally what this means is estrogen would act as a stimulant to follicle growth, whereas testosterone/DHT would shrink the follicle - or better known as male pattern baldness.

This raises a good question though, since I have my dad's genetics, do I have my mom's recessive genes that might activate from estrogen exposure? That would be cool cause I would prefer her hairline! I mean why not, my brother has a stronger hairline than I do and think he got it from mom.
Interesting stuff for sure. Ultimately you never know how each individual will respond, mileage will vary. But would be cool to have chocolate cake like hair as in the above picture.

Reactions: KSA

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridge would know this better, but I think receptors react with hormones, meaning your hair follicle will respond different to estrogen vs testosterone exposure.

I think generally what this means is estrogen would act as a stimulant to follicle growth, whereas testosterone/DHT would shrink the follicle - or better known as male pattern baldness.

This raises a good question though, since I have my dad's genetics, do I have my mom's recessive genes that might activate from estrogen exposure? That would be cool cause I would prefer her hairline! I mean why not, my brother has a stronger hairline than I do and think he got it from mom.
Interesting stuff for sure. Ultimately you never know how each individual will respond, mileage will vary. But would be cool to have chocolate cake like hair as in the above picture.

Ah, gotcha. Thank you for explaining. Well, I'm currently taking progynova 2mg - for 2 weeks, but can't say it's doing anything. Will upgrade to Estradiol Hemihydrate soon.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. Thank you for explaining. Well, I'm currently taking progynova 2mg - for 2 weeks, but can't say it's doing anything. Will upgrade to Estradiol Hemihydrate soon.
Whatever you're using you have to give it 2-3 months just to see if you're a good initial responder.
If the initial response is there then chances are it will continue to work. If you don't give it enough time you'll never
be able to pinpoint what works for you.

Who knows maybe rubbing cockroach guts on your scalp is the key to hair regrowth, but who can do it long enough to test it's effectiveness.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well we'll cross our fingers to get temples and density like this. I never even had that at peak hair in my teenage years but with E changing gene expression the sky is the limit

View attachment 102188 View attachment 102189

Yeah same, I started to lose my hair at 15. I noticed early because I had really long hair that went half way down my back (I wanted to be a rock star) and I could all ready notice my hair thinning out. I was so mad i shaved my head shocking all my friends and then I realized when I grew my hair out again that it looks much thicker at shorter lengths, and I guess I am somewhat lucky because even though I started losing super young It has been a super slow process and I have managed to hide it very well. I have an older brother who started to thin out at the same age and he was bald by 21. So in a way I consider myself fortunate to still have hair in my late 20s but I cant imagine being bald like him. He's only 10 years older than me but when people meet him thay think he's my dad. When I was 16 my friends thought my 26 year old brother was my dad and my real dad was my grampa. Thats how old people think you are when your bald. It didn't help that he had a thick beard but he has to have the beard to balance out his head. I've been trying to avoid his fate for over a decade now.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah same, I started to lose my hair at 15. I noticed early because I had really long hair that went half way down my back (I wanted to be a rock star) and I could all ready notice my hair thinning out. I was so mad i shaved my head shocking all my friends and then I realized when I grew my hair out again that it looks much thicker at shorter lengths, and I guess I am somewhat lucky because even though I started losing super young It has been a super slow process and I have managed to hide it very well. I have an older brother who started to thin out at the same age and he was bald by 21. So in a way I consider myself fortunate to still have hair in my late 20s but I cant imagine being bald like him. He's only 10 years older than me but when people meet him thay think he's my dad. When I was 16 my friends thought my 26 year old brother was my dad and my real dad was my grampa. Thats how old people think you are when your bald. It didn't help that he had a thick beard but he has to have the beard to balance out his head. I've been trying to avoid his fate for over a decade now.
LOL nice story about the dad and grandpa thing, and to think how powerful hair is in terms of social dynamics.
Some dead matter emerging from the scalp will dictate so much about you for the rest of your life!

likemike

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro, DHEA is an androgen and it can turn to T and Dht in certain tissues

if you take it sme evenings subllingually .. maybe 4-5 days .. and then stop for 6-7 days... it will work great for you .. hair need a little T/DHT ... but i think more DHEA = lower androgenreceptor.activity or DHEA bound on AR instead of T...

my T is now very low (0.35 ng/ml (standard 4-7 ng/ml))
i need a litte bit androgens .. the skin looks straighter/cleaner

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
How bad is your gyno? bit weird to ask but could post a topless pic or something? lol
its bad enough that i won't show a pic.
Hey bridgeburn how long does the tube of estrogel last u?
depends on the dose. there was a time when i took 3mg of Estradiol from only gel form which means that one 80g tube at .06% (2.5g=1.5 or 5g=3) will last 16 days, more recently ive used most e dose in Pill form combined with 1.5mg estradiol in gel so the tube will last 32 days.

For the past few months ive just been taking 6mg in only pill form. (plus diane once a week or so).

View attachment 102188 View attachment 102189
I doubt itll get that good, especially since we never had that hairline even befpre any hairloss.. who knows, maybe he just has a smaller head too?
wait -
what do you mean e changes gene expression?
thats what it does. it happens to upregulate genes which are found downregulated in balding scalp and downregulates genes which are found to upregulated in balding scalp.

in theory you wouldn't need estrogen if we were to find a right combo of things which hit all the same hairy genes.
you have genetics from both sides. but yes, which genes are turned on or off can change from exposure to certain substances.
Do you take your 10mg oral minoxidil once a day or 5mg twice a day?
10mg once a day, every other day.
hair need a little T/DHT
o_O
but i think more DHEA = lower androgenreceptor.activity or DHEA bound on AR instead of T...
hmm, id rather keep spironolactone and cyproterone bound instead since theyll mildly activate AR without turning into androgens.

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi,I want to know what is your exact regime?
and do yoy think cpa three times a week is good for temple regrowth with finastride and minoxidil?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi,I want to know what is your exact regime?
and do yoy think cpa three times a week is good for temple regrowth with finastride and minoxidil?
what dose of cpa? i think it wont hurt