Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do sublingual, that's a lot of E2.

cut the E2 in half as well then, but definitely go bica and E2, and frankly maybe introduce the finasteride if you're still having troubles.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was advised to take 50 mg Bicalutamide + 1 mg Finasteride + 6 mg estradiol. Damn i'm scared
6mg e is a lot for starters, don't do it. In fact try oral min with derma rolling for 6 months before you try anything hrt related

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To undo miniaturization

I'm on my prostate cancer medicine and I'm thinking about estro that will turn me into a b**ch while you scare me with a harmless pill, FDA approved :)

I've said it before, most men have no idea how much estrogen they have running through their system, and in the case of many men who have scalp and hormone and skin problems, I can guarantee you that they probably don't have enough estrogen to balance things out.

You should be way way way WAY more afraid of finasteride than estrogen, you can always back off that stuff easy, I did it with progesterone.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even back when I was in my 30s a lot of guys would have classified my appearance as "feminized" to a certain extent and I still invariably looked male, and I wouldn't even have the pretense of trying to look female because I don't think it's possible for me even if I maxxed out my estrogen tolerance.

That being said, I still probably looked more masculine at my most feminized I've ever been than - like I said all but maybe a tenth of a percentage of all FTMs. Every last one of them still blatantly looks female.

Men ironically enough have a higher innate capacity to look feminine than most women have to look masculine.
I agree with this as a general concept.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6mg e is a lot for starters, don't do it. In fact try oral min with derma rolling for 6 months before you try anything hrt related

Personally I would go topical only, but I can honestly say that if you're progressed down a certain path, dermarolling on its own is probably not going to turn the tide, and oral minoxidil scares me more than estrogen does.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well no, empirical observation is how human beings have measured the world around them for a very long time. Without empirical observation you have nothing but somebody telling you to believe things that you yourself cannot verify.

And yeah, sorry, my experience seeing FTMs is that the massive majority of them are not convincing at all.
You said "Every last one of them still blatantly looks female." That's not exactly empirical observation

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always compare minoxidil and dermarolling to the situation when you pour water into a cup with a hole in the bottom. I want to improve without Minoxidil. It was burdensome, had a bad effect on my well-being when I tried
In addition, I have a large lesion area, it cannot be covered with minoxidil. I need to change my hormones so that they act on all areas of the scalp and eliminate the root of the problem, rather than pouring water into a leaky cup

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I would go topical only, but I can honestly say that if you're progressed down a certain path, dermarolling on its own is probably not going to turn the tide, and oral minoxidil scares me more than estrogen does.
And honestly, that's another reason that i went on oral minoxidil. Some folks have to try these things and I am well-position for success with it and I already have lasered everything once.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always compare minoxidil and dermarolling to the situation when you pour water into a cup with a hole in the bottom. I want to improve without Minoxidil. It was burdensome, had a bad effect on my well-being when I tried
In addition, I have a large lesion area, it cannot be covered with minoxidil. I need to change my hormones so that they act on all areas of the scalp and eliminate the root of the problem, rather than pouring water into a leaky cup
It can cause dermatitis as well. You have to find the path for you.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is fun for me, you guys. I have really enjoyed getting to know folks and hopefully staying on the cutting edge of science.... I like it when everyone is posting like mad.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You said "Every last one of them still blatantly looks female." That's not exactly empirical observation

Of course it is, do you want me to give you a rundown of every subtle trait and feature that those women shared otherwise you won't believe me? You sound more offended than having a reasonable criticism of what I'm saying.

The reason why men can feminize themselves more than women can masculinize themselves is because the thing that testosterone does to make men look masculine has a window of efficacy that is mostly limited to puberty. Once that window passes, you can pound all the test you want, and it's not going to give you a lantern jaw.

Whereas estrogen makes the skin of men look smoother, more pale and the hypertrophy of masseter muscles reduces making a man's jaw look more slender often times. I've seen the effects of test on females and it's not pretty, you already have to have some level of masculine morphology for it to work because it otherwise just makes women look like they're cosplaying Jonah Hill or Ellen (Elliot) Page.

Meanwhile Ellen (Elliot) Page does not pass at all as male, and they never will.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course it is, do you want me to give you a rundown of every subtle trait and feature that those women shared otherwise you won't believe me? You sound more offended than having a reasonable criticism of what I'm saying.

The reason why men can feminize themselves more than women can masculinize themselves is because the thing that testosterone does to make men look masculine has a window of efficacy that is mostly limited to puberty. Once that window passes, you can pound all the test you want, and it's not going to give you a lantern jaw.

Whereas estrogen makes the skin of men look smoother, more pale and the hypertrophy of masseter muscles reduces making a man's jaw look more slender often times. I've seen the effects of test on females and it's not pretty, you already have to have some level of masculine morphology for it to work because it otherwise just makes women look like they're cosplaying Jonah Hill or Ellen (Elliot) Page.

Meanwhile Ellen (Elliot) Page does not pass at all as male, and they never will.
Elliot had yet to start hrt to my knowledge when he came out. Give a couple years on T and he will look very different.

These are just a few trans guys btw. They don't blatantly look female

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, we are all confused. The homosexual cohort has lost many members and we are all groping to understand ourselves. T'ain't easy, McGee!

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Gergely, have you used bica extensively at all or was that flutamide?

I'm looking for those who have had experience with it to give me an idea of what I might have to put up with side-effect wise (outside of estrogenic effects).

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, regardless don't start with 6mg. Unless you are prepared for the biggest shed of your life

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is fun for me, you guys. I have really enjoyed getting to know folks and hopefully staying on the cutting edge of science.... I like it when everyone is posting like mad.
Baldness puts a lot of pressure on the psyche and forces you to search for solutions
I never thought that I would consider HRT protocols. This problem changed my life forever, I have never been so desperate