Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said, I believe that most certainly is because of your inherent sensitivity-to or the magnitude of testosterone that you were counteracting in reversing your hairloss.

I'm just saying, don't discourage guys in the mid-range who actually had a head of hair in their 20s that was desirable to them, because they likely won't require to pay such a price, cruel as it may seem.
Am I doing that? i don't think that I am but my thing is based upon being an open person and I have shared many details if not most but I don't think any about my t'aint but it's not for lack of willingness if someone has a question. My goal has been to share all of the dirt, good and bad about the MtF hair restoration experience so I don't leave lots out.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely want to try it not, if not just for halting my hair loss but also so I don't have to go through the Patrick Bateman level of skin care I have had to adapt to in order to prevent my skin from looking red and oily and constant white heads. Assholes have criticized me for it in the past but literally nothing short of that has ever stopped my skin from having extremely serious problems.

I think those things are innately related however, scalp and skin health all around.

And yeah, all I will say is that medical professionals have to protect their license to practice, and fast moving experimental treatments don't jive with government policy on such things. Honestly the only reason why transgenderism has not been subject to the same scrutiny is because of what I personally believe to be an insidious motive by activists, not that I'm trying to cast the same aspersions about trans people themselves.

Licensing and approving off-brand usage for medications and hormones for us "normies" who aren't sponsored by marxists with ulterior motives is difficult and painful, thus we're out in the wild west blazing a trail and sharing our information. We are at the leading edge and I'm just glad resources and communities such as this exist.

There's no way I'm waiting around for mainstream medicine to come to the same conclusions as the rest of us.
Lol. I don't have subversive tendencies but I have tried to eschew labels. People say tranny to me. I don't care. Other Mtf's will try to get people banned and yes, I hate the f*****g pronoun police but even more so than hair, I have sought beauty. I am a femme, no?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I doing that? i don't think that I am but my thing is based upon being an open person and I have shared many details if not most but I don't think any about my t'aint but it's not for lack of willingness if someone has a question. My goal has been to share all of the dirt, good and bad about the MtF hair restoration experience so I don't leave lots out.

It seemed like it kind of, with your talk of your perceived inevitability of undesirable side effects.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seemed like it kind of, with your talk of your perceived inevitability of undesirable side effects.
Well. Remember my phrase, one person's bug is another person's feature. I don't think that estrogen has any side-effects. Not in the way that I mean with spironolactone. My year on spironolactone was miserable and I don't think that synthetics are healthy in the long-run but look at me, I was on Premarin for two years and I think it might work better for breasts than hair but who knows. In the short-term, as long as something isn't poison, you know. @bridegburn was using ethinyl estradiol at that point which is synthetic and I would do it at the drop of a hat. Perhaps I need to clarify more about short-run vs. long-run. Everything we are discussing is safe in the short-run except AA's past 90 days without estrogen.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. I don't have subversive tendencies but I have tried to eschew labels. People say tranny to me. I don't care. Other Mtf's will try to get people banned and yes, I hate the f*****g pronoun police but even more so than hair, I have sought beauty. I am a femme, no?

Like I said I'm not criticizing people who are trans, but most certainly the activists who have rammed the acceptance of early life transitioning and the broad scale approval of potentially hazardous treatments to people on the basis of transitioning is concerning, and I say this as a guy who is absolutely going to use female hormones and androgen blockers to recalibrate his body chemistry to start growing instead of losing hair.

A person like myself who has spent at least 10 years learning everything I possibly could about hormones as they pertain to my situation, versus somebody who knows nothing and believes that there are people merely fighting for their right to use the magic fairy dust that will turn them into a beautiful princess are two very different things (I am not referring to you Janey, don't worry I know you know more than most).

But I know a FTM who had absolutely no understanding whatsoever of hormones and just took the test injections thinking she was going to look like a guy, and she ended up looking like chaz bono with ballsack hair glued to her face.

She got fatter, and didn't understand her body was actively fighting the testosterone by aromatizing it, and the doctors didn't even intervene to fine tune the protocol because for them it was all about merely fulfilling their obligation to not be labeled "bigoted" by declining them testosterone.

They're never going to look like a dude, and once they enter their 30s they're going to realize what a horrible mistake they've made, and all because they are not adequately educated on hormones, not like any of us in this community that have to pay our dues by reading the materials we research and are offered to us by our peers.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said I'm not criticizing people who are trans, but most certainly the activists who have rammed the acceptance of early life transitioning and the broad scale approval of potentially hazardous treatments to people on the basis of transitioning is concerning, and I say this as a guy who is absolutely going to use female hormones and androgen blockers to recalibrate his body chemistry to start growing instead of losing hair.

A person like myself who has spent at least 10 years learning everything I possibly could about hormones as they pertain to my situation, versus somebody who knows nothing and believes that there are people merely fighting for their right to use the magic fairy dust that will turn them into a beautiful princess are two very different things (I am not referring to you Janey, don't worry I know you know more than most).

But I know a FTM who had absolutely no understanding whatsoever of hormones and just took the test injections thinking she was going to look like a guy, and she ended up looking like chaz bono with ballsack hair glued to her face.

She got fatter, and didn't understand her body was actively fighting the testosterone by aromatizing it, and the doctors didn't even intervene to fine tune the protocol because for them it was all about merely fulfilling their obligation to not be labeled "bigoted" by declining them testosterone.

They're never going to look like a dude, and once they enter their 30s they're going to realize what a horrible mistake they've made, and all because they are not adequately educated on hormones, not like any of us in this community that have to pay our dues by reading the materials we research and are offered to us by our peers.
There's plenty of ftms that "look like a dude"

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hypothesis about FTMs is that barring a very very very slim margin of them who actually look like they were born in the wrong body, most of them go trans and ideate not masculinity but being a teenaged boy because they have some kind of imbued self loathing over being a female.

I blame feminism for that tbh, constantly trying to convince women they're powerless and weak when basically the modern world was created and adjusted for their convenience.

Women who don't want to be feminine, like the one I knew, have been imbued with some self loathing for what they believe to be stereotypes of femininity and want to larp at being a teenaged boy because it makes them not feel powerless.

I don't know, the average female has more power and agency in this world than men do on average, which is why I do in that case believe they instead don't need HRT, they need therapy.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's plenty of ftms that "look like a dude"
You weren't supposed to see that. I support everyone but I am human, too. I deleted that entry and I delete any entry that I am requested to or that seems mean. It's hard to be interesting without eh, I don't know. I try to be interesting. What was that line from American Beauty? "I couldn't be ordinary if I tried".

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even back when I was in my 30s a lot of guys would have classified my appearance as "feminized" to a certain extent and I still invariably looked male, and I wouldn't even have the pretense of trying to look female because I don't think it's possible for me even if I maxxed out my estrogen tolerance.

That being said, I still probably looked more masculine at my most feminized I've ever been than - like I said all but maybe a tenth of a percentage of all FTMs. Every last one of them still blatantly looks female.

Men ironically enough have a higher innate capacity to look feminine than most women have to look masculine.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was advised to take 50 mg Bicalutamide + 1 mg Finasteride + 6 mg estradiol. Damn i'm scared

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hypothesis about FTMs is that barring a very very very slim margin of them who actually look like they were born in the wrong body, most of them go trans and ideate not masculinity but being a teenaged boy because they have some kind of imbued self loathing over being a female.

I blame feminism for that tbh, constantly trying to convince women they're powerless and weak when basically the modern world was created and adjusted for their convenience.

Women who don't want to be feminine, like the one I knew, have been imbued with some self loathing for what they believe to be stereotypes of femininity and want to larp at being a teenaged boy because it makes them not feel powerless.

I don't know, the average female has more power and agency in this world than men do on average, which is why I do in that case believe they instead don't need HRT, they need therapy.
I talk about men and post-industrial society and the unfairness of it but the transgender movement has really rattled the old line feminists and now I return to hair topics:)

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cut the 50mg of bica to 25, take finasteride 1x per week (if that), and go for it with the estradiol.

The thing you should be scared the most of is the finasteride, that sh*t will hurt you if you take more than your body likes.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even back when I was in my 30s a lot of guys would have classified my appearance as "feminized" to a certain extent and I still invariably looked male, and I wouldn't even have the pretense of trying to look female because I don't think it's possible for me even if I maxxed out my estrogen tolerance.

That being said, I still probably looked more masculine at my most feminized I've ever been than - like I said all but maybe a tenth of a percentage of all FTMs. Every last one of them still blatantly looks female.

Men ironically enough have a higher innate capacity to look feminine than most women have to look masculine.
This is just completely not true. Tons of ftms transition and look like many cis males. Just because you haven't noticed doesn't make it not true. Odd way to judge something.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I talk about men and post-industrial society and the unfairness of it but the transgender movement has really rattled the old line feminists and now I return to hair topics:)

I agree, I don't often wax political, I'm over it, I just want to look good and be happy. That's all that matters.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just completely not true. Tons of ftms transition and look like many cis males. Just because you haven't noticed doesn't make it not true. Odd way to judge something.
Not my thread but I apologize but I also am not much of a pronoun person and I think that it puts off the cis-guys. I am all about peace, love and compassion, though. I always call people what they request but I forget if someone has say a feminine vibe and is now male. I still think of myself as male as my facial feminization lagged for a while and I am just now beginning to realize there is no going back. I posted pics here and I am hopeful that I am putting out my best foot forward. As you guys know, I work at this 18 hours a day.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well no, empirical observation is how human beings have measured the world around them for a very long time. Without empirical observation you have nothing but somebody telling you to believe things that you yourself cannot verify.

And yeah, sorry, my experience seeing FTMs is that the massive majority of them are not convincing at all.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To undo miniaturization

Cut the 50mg of bica to 25, take finasteride 1x per week (if that), and go for it with the estradiol.

The thing you should be scared the most of is the finasteride, that sh*t will hurt you if you take more than your body likes.
I'm on my prostate cancer medicine and I'm thinking about estro that will turn me into a b**ch while you scare me with a harmless pill, FDA approved :)