Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Marijuana's hair inhibiting effects are multiple-fold.

1. it causes vasoconstriction (this is a lot worse for hair than people undestand)

2. THC supposedly increases testosterone levels (which I guess you can offset with an AA)

3. THC directly inhibits hair shaft elongation

But if you're seeing gains with all the stuff you're taking in spite of that, then do as you like.
You know, I am mostly a non-believer in everything except HRT meds and oral minoxidil meaning nothing else essentially has any effects on hair at all or cosmtically significant. But I mean, I don't care. Estrogen plus cannabis equals heaven for me and I deem it a gift from Our Lady Above.<winks>

It makes me happy:

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know but whatever causes the uptick in serotonin is what causes the vasoconstriction. All I can say is last year I had a very inconsiderate neighbor who smoked aggressively and it was so bad they got thrown out for it. But during that time my hair suffered because the smell was permeating the entire floor of our building.

And that imo was what was causing terrible problems for me, I had horrible headaches during that time. Not to mention that my mother who aggressively smoked marijuana from 2003 until this year recently had a stroke. I am under the personal belief that it was the vasoconstricting aspects of constant marijuana smoking that caused this.

This idea that marijuana is "natural" and therefore good for you is kind of a crock, in my opinion. It prematurely ages people by drying them out, it prevents hair growth, it jacks your androgens and constricts your blood vessels, not for me.

Also, has anyone on this discussion thread used biclutamide extensively? What dose did you use and what side effects did you find you experienced?
I'm deff not one of the people who thinks who weed is good for me. Hell; I think CBD's benefits are totally oversold too. I just like smoking a koint at the end of a long day. It's like a glass of wine for me.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, I am mostly a non-believer in everything except HRT meds and oral minoxidil meaning nothing else essentially has any effects on hair at all or cosmtically significant. But I mean, I don't care. Estrogen plus cannabis equals heaven for me and I deem it a gift from Our Lady Above.<winks>

Artificial hormones are probably the only thing keeping your hair going then, I've seen both women older than me and my age look like absolute sh*t because they smoke too much. You're fortunate you, unlike most cis-women are not dependent upon their own hormone production to keep their hair and skin from declining due to use.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm deff not one of the people who thinks who weed is good for me. Hell; I think CBD's benefits are totally oversold too. I just like smoking a koint at the end of a long day. It's like a glass of wine for me.

Depending on how significant your dependency upon marijuana is (and because of some people I've known, I absolutely believe some people can become dependent upon it to a destructive extent) I would say if you really want to see where your hair regrowth efforts could take you, try going off weed for an entire year and see how much progress you can make if you are having hair troubles.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depending on how significant your dependency upon marijuana is (and because of some people I've known, I absolutely believe some people can become dependent upon it to a destructive extent) I would say if you really want to see where your hair regrowth efforts could take you, try going off weed for an entire year and see how much progress you can make if you are having hair troubles.
Ugh I'll try but no promises lol! It would be easier if it wasn't for covid. Pot has definitely made quarantining and being alone all the time much more tolerable

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah. It's literally my own SSRI along with estrogen which have both helped me move past being male. I have a doctor and a therapist but I appreciate the concern. We will just have to see! Funny, because I went back to the wig for a while cause I look better with it on.

So here's what's going to happen. I am going to have a great recovery but I still look better with a wig on. Oh well. It's all fun for me!

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
SHBG functions by attaching to hormones and preventing them from having an effect. Androgens, and particularly DHT, have a higher affinity for binding with SHBG than estrogens. So by increasing SHBG, free androgens will be reduced. Also, realize that estrogen will naturally increase the amount of SHBG. Your two options more or less do the same thing (though finasteride isn't necessary with bicalutamide since bicalutamide should prevent DHT from having an effect) except one includes estrogen which has numerous benefits. Theoretically, estrogen monotherapy could be sufficient since estrogen 1. will have antigonatropin effects causing your testicles, causing less androgen production; 2. increase SHBG, causing free blood serum DHT levels to fall; 3. will stimulate hair growth on its own. Many people choose to add an antiandrogen to estrogen to help boost its effects, though after long term use of estrogen an antiandrogen would theoretically no longer be needed (though everyone's body is different.)

Бикалутамид и спиронолактон являются антиандрогенами и действуют одинаково. Спиронолактон также обладает антиминерлокортикоидным действием, которое, по-видимому, оказывает благотворное влияние на рост волос, поэтому у спиронолактона есть преимущества, помимо его антиандрогенности. Однако это также вызывает побочные эффекты, и многие пользователи спиронолактона имеют значительные побочные эффекты и переходят на бикалутамид.

Кроме того, это просто предположение, никаких реальных научных данных, подтверждающих меня, но у спиронолактона может быть меньше шансов вызвать гино, чем у бикалутамида, или он может вызвать менее серьезную гинекомастию.
It turns out that you can take spironolactone to increase the shbg protein and esrogen to stimulate hair growth. Then why the hell am I taking Bicalutamide?
Yar grew his whiskey with just 50mg of spironolactone and 1.5 estrogen, with side effects like Bicalutamide, but better regrowth. Now I understand why spironolactone grows hair so well despite being weaker like AA. We are thinking how to block androgens, but the problem turned out to be in the shbg level ...
Finasteride reduces shbg. If you increase it, then you don't even need to block androgens.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ugh I'll try but no promises lol! It would be easier if it wasn't for covid. Pot has definitely made quarantining and being alone all the time much more tolerable

I know it's hard, but I would also absolutely try seeking an alternative that is less harmful to hair. Frankly I think having a beer would be less harmful to your hair than some of the effects of marijuana.

But you got to get by as you can, just realize that there are some reasonably well documented drawbacks to marijuana for males.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It turns out that you can take spironolactone to increase the shbg protein and esrogen to stimulate hair growth. Then why the hell am I taking Bicalutamide?
Yar grew his whiskey with just 50mg of spironolactone and 1.5 estrogen, with side effects like Bicalutamide, but better regrowth. Now I understand why spironolactone grows hair so well despite being weaker like AA. We are thinking how to block androgens, but the problem turned out to be in the shbg level ...
Finasteride reduces shbg. If you increase it, then you don't even need to block androgens.

How significant are sides with spironolactone though? My impression with spironolactone is that it's guaranteed to give you bad gyno.

I probably might not be able to take spironolactone as my aldosterone levels aren't good to begin with.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How significant are sides with spironolactone though? My impression with spironolactone is that it's guaranteed to give you bad gyno.
There are like 20 different things and they all hit you. Libido, gone. Strength, gone. Endurance, gone. You sweat all the time; You have to pee all of the time, brain fog and I am probably forgetting some sides that I had. Now I only used it with estrogen, not alone but it seemed more stereotypically "female" in terms of at least compound effects than estrogen alone. I have far more breast growth than I ever thought that I would tolerate in my hair quest but eh, you can't quit in the middle.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it's hard, but I would also absolutely try seeking an alternative that is less harmful to hair. Frankly I think having a beer would be less harmful to your hair than some of the effects of marijuana.

But you got to get by as you can, just realize that there are some reasonably well documented drawbacks to marijuana for males.
Maybe ill trade the pot for red wine? trying to watch the calories.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah because I have addison's disease I already pee too much don't have enough water retention, etc, tired AF. I actually have to take fludrocortisone to keep my blood volume up. So I think I'll be giving spironolactone a miss.

But thank you for the reply, I appreciate the clarification.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe ill trade the pot for red wine? trying to watch the calories.

Polyphenols reduce 5AR and increased proliferation of derma papilla cells = some moderate improvement to hair growth.

Red wine is my sh*t, love a good malbec.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Polyphenols reduce 5AR and increased proliferation of derma papilla cells = some moderate improvement to hair growth.

We have some really good reds here in Virginia. Mourvedre is nice and several others. I am drinking Sutter Home right now but I have a good Japanese Scotch.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

f*** yes. Single serving should be enough im guessing. Since I don't drink a lot, im a bit of a light weight.