Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I am thinking of using 50mg bica + 100mg spironolactone to reduce the T spike to normal levels. Bica is used only in castrated males for long term, so you need to reduce T to make bica "work".

So bica depends on the concentration of androgens and the concentration of itself.

But I wonder if I can achieve cosmetical changes... I doubt I wil.

How's your side effect profile developing, Almas?
Yes, it will be better with spironolactone, but Ein has achieved results without him. I am not sure if the inclusion of spironolactone is additionally reasonable in terms of the benefit-risk ratio.

As I said, Bicalutamide reaches high concentrations after 3 months of administration. Therefore, I have no effects and will not be in the near future.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it will be better with spironolactone, but Ein has achieved results without him. I am not sure if the inclusion of spironolactone is additionally reasonable in terms of the benefit-risk ratio.

As I said, Bicalutamide reaches high concentrations after 3 months of administration. Therefore, I have no effects and will not be in the near future.
Ein uses now finasteride (1mg) + bica (50mg) + spironolactone (100mg) everyday + 1000mg Metformin.

He added spironolactone again because of the reason I mentioned earlier. To lower the T-spike, so you dont need more than 50mg. 50mg without spironolactone would be insufficient, in his opinion. But I am unsure of the long term use. Like, for how long can you keep that taking!?

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ein uses now finasteride (1mg) + bica (50mg) + spironolactone (100mg) everyday + 1000mg Metformin.

He added spironolactone again because of the reason I mentioned earlier. To lower the T-spike, so you dont need more than 50mg. 50mg without spironolactone would be insufficient, in his opinion. But I am unsure of the long term use. Like, for how long can you keep that taking!?
Yes, he added spironolactone again. But he got the result without him. Ie Bicalutamide was enough, he just wanted more

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, he added spironolactone again. But he got the result without him. Ie Bicalutamide was enough, he just wanted more
... greedy b****s we are lol

I am still wondering on how to get a bica prescription lol.

My urologist said that bica is not for me as it will make me most-likely steril, anyways, I dont want biological kids to spread by shitty genes.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Yar told me he got small breasts. Damn it, this dude solved the Androgenetic Alopecia secret. Judging by his results, he is right. The problem is in the SHBG protein ... It's a pity that he shares little of his thoughts
So, there are 2 possible options:
50mg Bica + 1mg Finasteride
50mg spironolactone + 1.5 estro

The first option is based on the androgen theory, and the second on the SHBG theory. The person was able to get results, it works! I am very excited about this information, it seems to be the answer to the puzzle ...

SHBG functions by attaching to hormones and preventing them from having an effect. Androgens, and particularly DHT, have a higher affinity for binding with SHBG than estrogens. So by increasing SHBG, free androgens will be reduced. Also, realize that estrogen will naturally increase the amount of SHBG. Your two options more or less do the same thing (though finasteride isn't necessary with bicalutamide since bicalutamide should prevent DHT from having an effect) except one includes estrogen which has numerous benefits. Theoretically, estrogen monotherapy could be sufficient since estrogen 1. will have antigonatropin effects causing your testicles, causing less androgen production; 2. increase SHBG, causing free blood serum DHT levels to fall; 3. will stimulate hair growth on its own. Many people choose to add an antiandrogen to estrogen to help boost its effects, though after long term use of estrogen an antiandrogen would theoretically no longer be needed (though everyone's body is different.)

Bicalutamide and spironolactone are both antiandrogens and function similarly. Spironolactone also has antiminerlocorticoid effects which appear to have beneficial effects on hair growth, so spironolactone has benefits beyond just its antiandrogenicity. However, this also brings side effects and many spironolactone users have considerable side effects and switch to bicalutamide.

Also this is just speculation, no real scientific data to back me up, but spironolactone may have less of a chance of causing gyno than bicalutamide, or it could cause less severe gynecomastia.

View attachment 156240

Oh, I just noticed I got temple/hairline miniaturization/recesion as well. I dont know what to do :/

male pattern baldness started when I started puberty. And now I am only 17 1/2 years old...

I just started finally finasteride yesterday after 4months of convincing doctors giving me a prescription. But I feel like finasteride won't do much.

Btw. Hair loss is not an excuse to transition, even for a cis-male, like me.

I am... _devastated_ ...

Feeling bad today, might kill myself later lol

Your hair is very good. No need for extreme measures imo. Finasteride and minoxidil should give you the results you want. If I were you, I'd use finasteride + min for six months then come back here if you've seen no progress

Last edited:

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Add 5mg oral min
I would not suggest starting with 5mg oral minoxidil. Minoxidil is a medication for reducing blood pressure, hair growth is just a side effect. 5 mg could cause your blood pressure to fall to dangerous levels. Consider also that any topical min that you use will have a (very small) amount of systematic absorption as well. People on this forum take absolutely idiotic amounts of minoxidil and it is downright dangerous

I think it is much safer to take 1.25mg oral minoxidil (one quarter of a pill) every day or even every other day. If this is well tolerated, perhaps you can try moving to a higher dose, but personally I do not see myself ever going above 1.25mg everyday. When I tried 2.5mg per day, I experienced poor peripheral circulation.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 156240

Oh, I just noticed I got temple/hairline miniaturization/recesion as well. I dont know what to do :/

male pattern baldness started when I started puberty. And now I am only 17 1/2 years old...

I just started finally finasteride yesterday after 4months of convincing doctors giving me a prescription. But I feel like finasteride won't do much.

Btw. Hair loss is not an excuse to transition, even for a cis-male, like me.

I am... _devastated_ ...

Feeling bad today, might kill myself later lol
No you won't kill yourself. You can contact me if you want someone to talk you down.

This is interesting though. What do you mean by this statement:

"Btw. Hair loss is not an excuse to transition, even for a cis-male, like me."

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
No you won't kill yourself. You can contact me if you want someone to talk you down.

This is interesting though. What do you mean by this statement:

"Btw. Hair loss is not an excuse to transition, even for a cis-male, like me."
Hey! :) Its just... kinda depressing to start experiencing male pattern baldness with just 13/14.

What I meant with that is just that sometimes people transition just for hair, and thats just crazy, especially for a straight/cis-male. Sure, for a transgender, the situation is just a win-win, but to transition just for hsir does not sound quite morally, in my eyes.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! :) Its just... kinda depressing to start experiencing male pattern baldness with just 13/14.

What I meant with that is just that sometimes people transition just for hair, and thats just crazy, especially for a straight/cis-male. Sure, for a transgender, the situation is just a win-win, but to transition just for hsir does not sound quite morally, in my eyes
I struggled and continue to struggle with this but it is a little more complex than you might think. The health benefits of high dose estradiol are remarkable and it's very much like getting a brand new body again and having what is referred to as "2nd Puberty".

In the past doing this just for hair would have been seen as frivolous certainly but the non-binary folks upset the apple cart. Many of them use Serms and they specifically try to create what I lovingly call a chimera. This is basically adopting one important feature and seeking HRT for that. Many of them want to continue to be able to top; they just want breasts on top. Sounds pretty frivolous to me, sigh, but I still tell them the little that I know about Serms but to me, female by definition cannot top so it is strange. What about doing HRT just for the health benefits? Or just to reduce the compulsive male urge to enjoy ahem himself.

But finally, as I am wordy, what I call hair dysphoria is just as dangerous as body dysphoria. Some boys do consider suicide when they bald early. So don't feel bad or greedy or frivolous.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

90 days is the max recommended to MtF's. Some MtF's start off with just an AA and then add estrogen after 60 to 90 days and this is consistent with wpath. If that person is using that stack for the rest of their life, bone loss could occur. Essentially, zero MtF's use AA's long-term without estrogen. The doctors won't approve it.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No sides, sore left nipple but this started with Dutasteride. Worst sides are honestly from Minoxidl at this point, eyes a little black etc but am using moisturiser and Aloe now.

I feel a little cloudy but I smoke a lot of weed so there are other variables lol! I had wild mood swings and got emotional before so THC is part of my regimen couldnt do it without it. I am a straight male and everything still works. When I took Finasteride at 18 sides were WAY WORSE than this.

I know this is a necropost sort of but it is necessary to mention that smoking marijuana is absolutely contraindicated in growing hair.

Stop with marijuana entirely or accept you will never fully regrow your hair.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a source on diane35, but I'm considering biclutamide, are there any sources that anyone could offer to me for finding it?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this is a necropost sort of but it is necessary to mention that smoking marijuana is absolutely contraindicated in growing hair.

Stop with marijuana entirely or accept you will never fully regrow your hair.

Ha. I smoke and eat shitloads. And I am not stopping even for hair....<winks>

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this would be great new if were true.
I don't believe it does much of anything pro or contra.

As you say, Goddess, I have smoked and eaten lots. Well, now I have another thing to prove besides not needing an AA. I seek full hair restoration as a medical marijuana patient with a prescription.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't believe it does much of anything pro or contra.

As you say, Goddess, I have smoked and eaten lots. Well, now I have another thing to prove besides not needing an AA. I seek full hair restoration as a medical marijuana patient with a prescription.
if pot was a cure... id have a lot of hair

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Marijuana's hair inhibiting effects are multiple-fold.

1. it causes vasoconstriction (this is a lot worse for hair than people undestand)

2. THC supposedly increases testosterone levels (which I guess you can offset with an AA)

3. THC directly inhibits hair shaft elongation

But if you're seeing gains with all the stuff you're taking in spite of that, then do as you like.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Marijuana's hair inhibiting effects are multiple-fold.

1. it causes vasoconstriction (this is a lot worse for hair than people undestand)

2. THC supposedly increases testosterone levels (which I guess you can offset with an AA)

3. THC directly inhibits hair shaft elongation

But if you're seeing gains with all the stuff you're taking in spite of that, then do as you like.
what about edibles? I'm guessing this would elimate the vasoconstriction

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know but whatever causes the uptick in serotonin is what causes the vasoconstriction. All I can say is last year I had a very inconsiderate neighbor who smoked aggressively and it was so bad they got thrown out for it. But during that time my hair suffered because the smell was permeating the entire floor of our building.

And that imo was what was causing terrible problems for me, I had horrible headaches during that time. Not to mention that my mother who aggressively smoked marijuana from 2003 until this year recently had a stroke. I am under the personal belief that it was the vasoconstricting aspects of constant marijuana smoking that caused this.

This idea that marijuana is "natural" and therefore good for you is kind of a crock, in my opinion. It prematurely ages people by drying them out, it prevents hair growth, it jacks your androgens and constricts your blood vessels, not for me.

Also, has anyone on this discussion thread used biclutamide extensively? What dose did you use and what side effects did you find you experienced?