Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, estradiol hemihydrate is much easier to take sublingually because it'll dissolve a lot faster. Although both of them are safe to use unlike the older synthetic estrogens that you'd find in birth control pills.

By weaker it's just weaker per mg. It's not like one type is better for your hair since it's still going to be converted into estradiol in the body, but with the hemihydrate you'll get better e2 levels at the same dose.

Just make sure to take the quarters evenly spaced out so you don't get mood swings, hot flashes, etc from your e2 levels spiking and then dropping too low. (check the attached picture) Might be a good idea to up your dose to 4mg daily if you feel worse in between your doses or if you'll be taking estradiol long term.

Happy holidays to you too.

That looks like decent regrowth. How many months apart are the first and 3rd pictures?
i was thinking adding maybe 0.5 e2 everyday just to lower testosterone i am already on bica duta and fina+ minoxidil!

likemike

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sick progress
It's a good result..

On the road to norwood-0... Now that's lanugo hair.. Pre terminal hair

The one bad picture was the old status and looks like masculine and Androgenetic Alopecia like....

Now we see more feminization

Breadland

My Regimen
Reaction score
i was thinking adding maybe 0.5 e2 everyday just to lower testosterone i am already on bica duta and fina+ minoxidil!
0.5mg of sublingual e2 once a day will only slightly lower your t levels a few hours after taking, you should take it 4 times a day spread evenly to have a much bigger effect.
It might even be enough to shut down all t production from the testes depending on how your body reacts to it.
If that'll happen your e2 levels will probably be high enough to prevent osteoporosis but in the next few months, if you can, please do a blood test right before your next dose to see if your trough e2 levels are above post menopausal levels.

You could also try taking the 2mg pill orally but it'll be a lot weaker and won't impact t production anywhere near as much as taking it sublingually, split into quarters and spread across the day.

Last edited:

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.5mg of sublingual e2 once a day will only slightly lower your t levels a few hours after taking, you should take 0.5mg 4 times a day spread evenly to have a much bigger effect.
It might even be enough to shut down all t production from the testes depending on how your body reacts to it.
If that'll happen your e2 levels will be high enough to prevent osteoporosis but in the next few months, if you can, please do a blood test right before your next dose to see if your trough e2 levels are above post menopausal levels.

You could also try taking the 2mg pill orally but it'll be a lot weaker and won't impact t production anywhere near as much as taking it sublingually, split into quarters and spread across the day.
thank you for the information! I will try 1 mg first split in 2 dosages every 12 hours and after 2 weeks i will raise to 2 mg.After i finish the estradiol valerate pill i bought then i will switch to sublingual estradiol 17-b is that fine?

Last edited:

Breadland

My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you for the information! I will try 1 mg first split in 2 dosages every 12 hours and after 2 weeks i will raise to 2 mg.After i finish the estradiol valerate pill i bought then i will switch to sublingual estradiol 17-b is that fine?
There's no problem with switching pills. Although if you're taking a sublingual dose that far apart you might feel worse 8-12 hours in, but not everybody will experience that.

Experimentality

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical bica is not recommended. Any AA with such an extremely long half life will build up in the scalp. That't the reason Bica never kicked as a topical like Daro, Enza, etc. The only AA I would suggest could work as topical are acting as AA degraders. Bica as a topical is very bad idea.

E2 topical hits ERb which benefits hair growth but also hits equally ERa which puts your hair from anagen to telogen very raplidly in overdrive mode. If your goal is to grow very short hair (2-3mm) and have them fall out right away, then by all means, try E2 topical and repeat the cycle so you exhaust your hair follicles, E2 is definitely a good way to achieve that. You may get early growth but that will quickly be replaced by hair falling out. There are people experimenting with microdosing E2 on scalp on this very forum, which may work similar to E2 serum blood level of HRT. We are talking mcg here not mg. Similar to Bica, E2 topical is a very extremely bad idea to keep your DHT sensitive hair.

A better option is to stick to RU and E3 as a cocktail addition to your minoxidil.
Topical Bica is definitely a very powerful tool that can be added to a cis-male regimen. You are right that topical Bica will build up in serum when used daily, hence it should not be used daily but only once weekly. RU is extremely weak in comparison with Bica. Furthermore, it has a very short half-life. Bica should be way more effective, safer and more conveneint to use due to the once weekly applications.

Scalp hardly contains ER-alpha; the dominant receptor is ER-beta. Thus, any agonism at the ER-alpha will be massively overpowered by ER-beta activation. E3 is close to useless as I explained earlier. It has to do with the intrinsic activation at the receptor (i.e. a partial agonist, whereas E2 is a full agonist). I am not sure how you get to your last point in the second paragraph. E2 will potently downregulate AR and thus decrease androgen sensitivity.

I would go as far as saying that for the ones interested in using a topical AR antagonist for their hairloss, the preferred option is Bica.

Trafalgar Law

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Bica is definitely a very powerful tool that can be added to a cis-male regimen. You are right that topical Bica will build up in serum when used daily, hence it should not be used daily but only once weekly. RU is extremely weak in comparison with Bica. Furthermore, it has a very short half-life. Bica should be way more effective, safer and more conveneint to use due to the once weekly applications.

Scalp hardly contains ER-alpha; the dominant receptor is ER-beta. Thus, any agonism at the ER-alpha will be massively overpowered by ER-beta activation. E3 is close to useless as I explained earlier. It has to do with the intrinsic activation at the receptor (i.e. a partial agonist, whereas E2 is a full agonist). I am not sure how you get to your last point in the second paragraph. E2 will potently downregulate AR and thus decrease androgen sensitivity.

I would go as far as saying that for the ones interested in using a topical AR antagonist for their hairloss, the preferred option is Bica.
Happy holidays Experimentality! You are the true MVP of this forum.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score

I haven't seen one study that has backed up your claim about topical application on the scalp being a powerful treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia. Bicalutamide is an AA that binds to mice and human prostate; We know that its affinity compared to dht is low, but bicalutamide affinity to the mice AR is 4 times higher than flutamide. I would be very interested to understand how this binding to the prostate carries over from a topical application without being absorbed orally and going systematically. Today my search reveals that we are even missing any anecdotal results for topical Bica. Do you mind sharing some links from scientific journals? I am sure that you can't just have brought such strong claims without anything to back them up. I would be more than satisfied with mice studies, let alone human ones.

As for your explanation on E3, I really don't care as long as I am and a few others experiencing results using it following the patent process and its report of good resutls in males and females. Therefore, I won't ask you to justify your claim on that one. Just Bica will suffice for now.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For many people, Bicalutamide does nothing at all at any dosage and combination with finasteride or Duta. In studies on women, it stopped progression in about 50%, while in most patients it was not used in monotherapy. People who go bald at an early age get nothing from using it. I only use it for skin treatment because the source of skin problems such as increased oiliness, wrinkles are androgens, and bluepill cosmetologists have no solution to these problems and they believe that this can be corrected by care and application of moisturizers that do nothing.

At the age of 14, I had the skin of a 40-year-old man with wrinkles and abnormally high oil content (5 minutes after washing the skin, the skin was shiny, and after 30 minutes my face was wet with oil). Dermatologists said I needed proper care, but of course nothing had an effect. I could feel the freshness of the skin, the wind blowing on my face, only for 5 minutes after washing. I could not wear my glasses normally because they were also covered with oil and slipped over my face. At school, I had to wash my face after each lesson, because for an hour my face was covered with a layer of oil, which did not allow me to study normally and was distracting. Besides, walking around smeared with oil is just disgusting. There was so much of it that without washing for several hours it got into the eyes and stung, had an unpleasant odor. It was terrible. I didn't know anyone who suffered from the same problem. Usually, when people say they have oily skin, they mean that their nose becomes shiny in the evening when they wash their face in the morning. But everything was 100 times worse for me.
Bicalutamide did not help me in the fight against baldness, but it became one of the best discoveries in my life and saved me from this nightmare and gave me the youthful skin that I should have had if I had not been born with a genetic defect of hyperandrogenicity.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so what antiandrogen should someone use for hair if bicalutamide is not working?> spironolactone or cpa?

Henkgrim777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys! I need help. I’m 1 month into my treatment of 5mg Estrogel daily with 18,5mg CPA, 5% minoxidil and 0,25mg Dutasteride. I notice my hair is getting a lot thinner at the back of my head since i started. I’m hoping it’s just a temporary shed because i have no idea what it could be otherwise. Can someone see if this is a shed and/or did someone experience something similar in such an early stage of treatment?
Longer hair is today, shorter hair is picture before treatment.
EDD17F25-2DEE-4312-AF1E-F89C208A1FB0.jpeg
A9B1407B-730D-4EBA-B0AA-82469D26068A.jpeg

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are people not smart enough to take the E and T test? Information about your regimen is useless and says little. You may not even write what your regimen is, just write the hormone levels - this is more important and don't care how you reached them.