Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks! I don't smoke or drink alcohol, and I'm already supplementing calcium.. I'll add some vitamin D and start exercising.
thanks again!

Breadland

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using 100 mg of spironolactone, what can I do to prevent osteoporosis?
You don't need to do anything. spironolactone is a really weak AA and 100mg of it will barely do anything to your male levels of T so there's zero risk of developing osteoporosis from taking it alone.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need to do anything. spironolactone is a really weak AA and 100mg of it will barely do anything to your male levels of T so there's zero risk of developing osteoporosis from taking it alone.
I'm going to supplement just in case.. osteoporosis is a nightmare

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone is a waste. It won’t cause much sides but it also won’t help hair very much.
I have a mild decrease in density, I'm using 20mg of oral minoxidil, and I was going to use 50mg of spironolactone to counter OM sides. So I might as well use 100 (150max) to help some more..

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think spironolactone is pretty decent if you pair it with E2 and 5ar inhibitors

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think spironolactone is pretty decent if you pair it with E2 and 5ar inhibitors
I take finasteride as well. I would increase my dose of spironolactone before E2, and as a last resource I'd use e2 in very low doses. I don't have enough hairloss to sacrifice my chest.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take finasteride as well. I would increase my dose of spironolactone before E2, and as a last resource I'd use e2 in very low doses. I don't have enough hairloss to sacrifice my chest.
That is what i am doing but i am on bicalutamide,dutasteride minoxidil and i will add oral minoxidil aswell ! :p

subsidence82

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nuclear option displayed in this entire thread. Taking female hormones to combat male pattern hair loss is beyond incomprehensible for 99% of men. Imagine weighing the options between losing 60% of your male body for a female one and gaining 20-40% of your hair back, absolute madness, boarder line mental illness. Anyhow, good luck to the men who pursue this avenue.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nuclear option displayed in this entire thread. Taking female hormones to combat male pattern hair loss is beyond incomprehensible for 99% of men. Imagine weighing the options between losing 60% of your male body for a female one and gaining 20-40% of your hair back, absolute madness, boarder line mental illness. Anyhow, good luck to the men who pursue this avenue.
not that I agree with using estrogen to regrow hair (I personally think it's not worth it), but I think that it's a personal decision. Hairloss affects people in very different ways, some of us could in the worst case live with it, some can't.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
not that I agree with using estrogen to regrow hair (I personally think it's not worth it), but I think that it's a personal decision. Hairloss affects people in very different ways, some of us could in the worst case live with it, some can't.
I think he is just warning people because there are many potential Janeys out there and HRT can light that fuse

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would put my money on spironolactone+E2 vs Bica+E2 if I had to pick up between the two. spironolactone may be a weak AA but when it comes to hair, it's a proven way as long as Estrogen is involved. spironolactone mono, not so much. For reference, most cases published in serious studies (not anecdotal pictures) demonstrate this.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is what i am doing but i am on bicalutamide,dutasteride minoxidil and i will add oral minoxidil aswell ! :p
Before going with minoxidil, try adding eplerenone as an MR inhibitor in conjonction with bica. If you add minoxidil later, keep eplerenone as a diuretics.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? Spironolactone induces gynecomastia by decreasing testosterone production so you are advocating getting more stress on the kidneys than using a natural estrogen which will both induce gyno? I fail to follow your broscience logic here.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would put my money on spironolactone+E2 vs Bica+E2 if I had to pick up between the two. spironolactone may be a weak AA but when it comes to hair, it's a proven way as long as Estrogen is involved. spironolactone mono, not so much. For reference, most cases published in serious studies (not anecdotal pictures) demonstrate this.
Does spironolactone both reduces testosterone production and competes for Androgen receptors??