Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why? Spironolactone induces gynecomastia by decreasing testosterone production so you are advocating getting more stress on the kidneys than using a natural estrogen which will both induce gyno? I fail to follow your broscience logic here.
there is a study on gyno with spironolactone, with 100mg there is 11% chance of developing really mild gyno (mainly puffy nipples), with 200mg it increases to 50%.

I'd increase my dose to 150 before adding e2 (low dose, and probably EOD). I think of it as baby steps.

Last edited:

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Beside getting a heart failure! 20mg of OM is completely nuts. Just try climbing one floor using the stairs at that dosage but first, call an ambulance to pick you up on your way.
i was very careful when increasing my dose, and I'm not getting any sides at 20mg... I was getting some water retention but that went away with spironolactone. I started this high dose around September, and i'm getting incredible results, I only plan to be on 20 mg for another 4-5 months.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the last picture was around September, I'd been using 5-15mg for 5 months. My hair is thicker now, but i stopped taking pictures. OM has different effects on people, some get tachycardia at 5mg, some of us tolerate it very well.

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You forgot to add "at hrt dosage". There is a wave of experiments using E2 microdosing that seem to aim at demonstrating the efficacy of estrogen low dose.
sure.. microdosing seems like a good idea, although I haven't heard much about efficacy.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is a study on gyno with spironolactone, with 100mg there is 11% chance of developing really mild gyno (mainly puffy nipples), with 200mg it increases to 50%.

I'd increase my dose to 150 before adding e2 (low dose, and probably EOD). I think of it as baby steps.
spironolactone reduces E2 oral bioavailability. I would add E2 before raising spironolactone.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd probably use e2 sublingually... (I can use less, so the supply would last longer)

Does spironolactone affect this too?
Are you planning staying on spironolactone finasteride and maybe E2 for ever?? What is your long term goal?

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you planning staying on spironolactone finasteride and maybe E2 for ever?? What is your long term goal?
my goal is to get the closest hair texture to what I had before Androgenetic Alopecia, without significant side effects. When I do, or if I get sides, I'll change to a maintenance approach... meaning dutasteride and 5mg OM. Probably this won't be enough to maintain a "perfect" texture, but if it starts declining significantly, I'll add RU58841 or 25-50mg of spironolactone, if this isn't enough, I'll add a very very low dose of e2.

although I'm not getting any side effects from my current regimen, I'm not comfortable using such high dose of OM for example. I don't wan't to be on that dose longer than I have to.

if after a year of experimenting I'm not satisfied, I'll just go for maintenance. I don't want to be obsessing about this forever...

at its worst stage, Androgenetic Alopecia was deeply depressing me, and it's not anymore... I think that's the most important thing.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my goal is to get the closest hair texture to what I had before Androgenetic Alopecia, without significant side effects. When I do, or if I get sides, I'll change to a maintenance approach... meaning dutasteride and 5mg OM. Probably this won't be enough to maintain a "perfect" texture, but if it starts declining significantly, I'll add RU58841 or 25-50mg of spironolactone, if this isn't enough, I'll add a very very low dose of e2.

although I'm not getting any side effects from my current regimen, I'm not comfortable using such high dose of OM for example. I don't wan't to be on that dose longer than I have to.

if after a year of experimenting I'm not satisfied, I'll just go for maintenance. I don't want to be obsessing about this forever...

at its worst stage, Androgenetic Alopecia was deeply depressing me, and it's not anymore... I think that's the most important thing.
Excellent approach that is what i will do too! We keep in touch bro i love your strategy!

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to add a small dose of E2 about 0.30mg of the gel to my bica duta treatment! Is it a good starting point and see from there what happend and keep raising the dosage?

cetm-419

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm curious about this too.

Especially oral yes. There are studies that show injections are much better than oral anyway.

¿what dosage would you use as e2 "microdosing"? for example using estradiol valerate sublingually along with 100mg of spironolactone.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go back to the first pages and read what @bridgeburn did. He started extremely low. I would skip directly to 1mg a day for a month, then see results and decide to go to 2mg depending on results and sides. You can't cut pills in 8 but you can dissolve a 2mg e2 pill in 1ml ethanol and take .12ml each time 4 times a day for two days. and spaced out during the day since e2 half life is very short. I wouldn't want to skip days between. You want your levels stable for hair to grow back.

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think that such a low dose of E2 (like 0.3mg) can have a positive effect on hair?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, roll back 1028 pages and check @bridgeburn's pics with .75mg per week results then .75mg per day etc. You can clearly see what's happening even with very low dosage.

The best posts on this very thread were the first ones.

dar3k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, roll back 1028 pages and check @bridgeburn's pics with .75mg per week results then .75mg per day etc. You can clearly see what's happening even with very low dosage.

The best posts on this very thread were the first ones.
Yea, I saw it, but I think that bridgeburn responded very well to Minoxidil, Dutasteride aswell.

Many people regrow a lot hair with finasteride + minoxidil only.

We dont know If he respond to only minoxidil, only dutasteride or CPA or E2. He started taking dutasteride+minoxidil+E2+CPA right away. Maybe he didnt need hrt to regrow his hair? We dont know that.

Last edited:

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will start E2 0.30 mg and i will raise the dosage slowly by 0.30 each time until i get the results i need! (I will use estrogel).As for gyno by the time i see the first signs of gyno i will get the gland removal!

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, I saw it, but I think that bridgeburn responded very well to Minoxidil, Dutasteride aswell.

Many people regrow a lot hair with finasteride + minoxidil only.

We dont know If he respond to only minoxidil, only dutasteride or CPA or E2. He started taking dutasteride+minoxidil+E2+CPA right away. Maybe he didnt need hrt to regrow his hair? We dont know that.
CPA and E2 basically castrate you !All those medications helped each other synergically!