EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The most important male hormone? I think you meant to say most androgenic male hormone?

Typo. I meant to obviously say 2nd most important male hormone after Testosterone.

Last edited:

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL dude, you don't know sh*t stfu. You just came here recently asking for advice because you did not know sh*t. You keep thinking Finasteride is some amazing solution which will save everyone but forget it's actually more dangerous by messing up hormones.

There have been many people who used Minoxidil and Microneedling alone and had great results.

You fail to realize that you can be using anti-androgens and it still is buying time, that's what all these treatments are for best case scenario dumbass, their not a cure, they all are for buying time including Finasteride.

Even most studies show that Finasteride (in the times when it even does occasionally work) it reaches its peak effect at the 1 or 2 year mark and then gradually declines in efficacy.

I recommended the 2nd most used treatment for Hairloss globally which is topical Minoxidil with Microneedling and anyone who has any doubt about it working probably does know sh*t in the first place.

You are looking for someone to tell you something will guaranteed work for you and guess what kido? Not a single person in this world can give you a guarantee based on the current treatments we have. You literally gotta do trial and error.

Something might work for you and something might not. Heck you could possibly even use finasteride, dutasteride, Microneedling + Minoxidil and they may all not work for you.

You may use finasteride and get reflex hyperandrogenicity and make sh*t worse or you may be one of the people who can tolerate the drug but it does not do anything significant, or you could potentially tolerate it and it works or you get sides, and possibly permanently.

Insulting me? Unfortunately I don't scoop to that level. Nothing against you, but you can say whatever :)

Anyway, FDA approved treatments like finasteride is much different than buying time on minoxidil. Please stop acting like minoxidil will be a effective treatment for me or anyone. They do completely different things and you know it. Buying time with finasteride is much more efficient if it works. More plates, the YouTuber, knows his sh*t.. And he states, along with studies, just using minoxidil and microneedling won't be enough and you'll still be balding if you're not attacking the root cause.

Minoxidil doesn't slow it down, you need something like duta, ru, or finasteride. I know at least that much. If I follow you advice, I'm not halting the balding, this has been literally proven in studies

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Insulting me? Unfortunately I don't scoop to that level. Nothing against you, but you can say whatever :)

Anyway, FDA approved treatments like finasteride is much different than buying time on minoxidil. Please stop acting like minoxidil will be a effective treatment for me or anyone. They do completely different things and you know it. Buying time with finasteride is much more efficient if it works. More plates, the YouTuber, knows his sh*t.. And he states, along with studies, just using minoxidil and microneedling won't be enough and you'll still be balding if you're not attacking the root cause.

Minoxidil doesn't slow it down, you need something like duta, ru, or finasteride. I know at least that much. If I follow you advice, I'm not halting the balding, this has been literally proven in studies

You keep talking about Minoxidil and keep forgetting that I repeatedly mentioned Minoxidil PLUS Microneedling.

Ofcourse Minoxidil alone is weak, and probably wouldn't do anything but if you actually read what I typed you will see I always mentioned Minoxidil PLUS Microneedling, they should be used in combination.

And studies have shown that users of Minoxidil and Finasteride in studies, some* % of users had no hair growth, where as users of Minoxidil PLUS Microneedling, ALL users experienced some degree of hair growth with the majority of users actually seeing mild to marked hair growth.

Remember, Minoxidil + Microneedling is a whole different beast than just Minoxidil.

Also, regarding the anti-androgens you mentioned, they are not a true solution for everyone, not even for the majority of users despite what studies may show falsely, and a simply way to tell is that since the treatment was around for decades, if it was even 50% as effective as they claim it to be, there would be a lot more people walking around irl with good heads of hair. And just by looking at the general population on your country or on TV, it's pretty obvious to see that is the furthest thing from the truth.

Also, it's not a fact that Minoxidil doesn't slow hairloss down, because there are people who literally only use Minoxidil + Microneedling or even just Microneedling alone but get better results than baseline.

Also, there was a study that showed that Microneedling alone has better hair regrowth than Minoxidil.

Hence I never tell people use Minoxidil alone, you were falsely quoting me.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
Has there ever been a non polarizjng discussion about the side effect profile of finasteride?

Reactions: 300

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we all agree that inhibiting 5 alpha reductase enzyme should be avoided and that DHT is not a useless hormone. But currently inhibiting is the best we got to stop balding (at least I think it is). One can try microdosing topical finasteride/dutasteride and see if that works for them but again it seems like for few men are incredibly sensitive to inhibiting the enzyme.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is not any objectivity whatsoever.Its a go nowhere thread.Hard core opponents of fina,and of course hard core proponents of fina.
To be honest, it is the most interesting thread on the forum.

The Pro finasteride gang is still hovering and laying their eggs in the age old study, where after there has been endless lawsuits on the maker of the drug.

On the other hand, the contra team is actually sharing out new research, which not only points out the "infamously famous" sexual sides which were studied in the paper that the pro team refers to, but also the sides which are experienced by the drug takers in all these years and which are not studied yet. In my opinion, I am sure that as soon as we have a new safer drug to cure Hair loss, we will have bunch of research papers against finasteride.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, it is the most interesting thread on the forum.

The Pro finasteride gang is still hovering and laying their eggs in the age old study, where after there has been endless lawsuits on the maker of the drug.

On the other hand, the contra team is actually sharing out new research, which not only points out the "infamously famous" sexual sides which were studied in the paper that the pro team refers to, but also the sides which are experienced by the drug takers in all these years and which are not studied yet. In my opinion, I am sure that as soon as we have a new safer drug to cure Hair loss, we will have bunch of research papers against finasteride.

Exactly!

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The objective fact is we're getting more and more research, evidence showing the dangers of finasteride. The fina takers don't want to hear it of course, hence the immense cognitive dissonance from their camp.

Goes like this: I post new study > butthurt, insecure fina taker responds "bu I don't experience sides for X time bro" > Nice anecdote bro, now let's see some more anecdotes > I post multiple polls with hundreds of users from hairloss forums showing 50%+ experiencing sides > "bu, bu only my experience/anecdote is real, the poll can't be trusted for X reasons" > ... just LOL

But you're right this discussion won't go anywhere, baldness can literally make a (young) man go crazy, they only care about their hair and not the possible sides hence we get a lot of emotional responses itt. So best thing is agree to disagree and move on, nobody here will convince the other side.

Anyway, I'll keep posting new studies though, too interesting.
But you’re the one who uses his spare time to post studies on a hair loss forum about a drug you don’t take hahahahahahahahahahahaah

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you’re the one who uses his spare time to post studies on a hair loss forum about a drug you don’t take hahahahahahahahahahahaah

Your comment is as stupid as saying, "Just because the CEO of Stemson Therapeutics does not have hair-loss, he shouldn't be posting about solving hairloss".

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your comment is as stupid as saying, "Just because the CEO of Stemson Therapeutics does not have hair-loss, he shouldn't be posting about solving hairloss" -it's just dumb.
What? Your a regular f*****g person spending all this time researching and discussing a treatment you arnt f*****g using lmao weirdo? You arnt discussing or helping hair loss in any way. You’re literally researching a drug that you do not take, that’s been out for like 30 years….. what is the goal of this thread? To really really make sure you don’t use finasteride? Lmao.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What? Your a regular f*****g person spending all this time researching and discussing a treatment you arnt f*****g using lmao weirdo?

You're clearly retarded, because we have used the treatment, and stopped, because of the side effects, and yes we continue to post about how bad it is as more and more new information and studies come out about it.

There's literally nothing wrong with doing that.

Your reasoning ability is below retarded level.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're clearly retarded, because we have used the treatment, and stopped, because of the side effects, and yes we continue to post about how bad it is as more and more new information and studies come about about it.

Oh cool man! Maybe if you keep researching really really hard, and posting all these studies, you’ll make sure finasteride doesn’t accidentally fall in your mouth again

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're clearly retarded, because we have used the treatment, and stopped, because of the side effects, and yes we continue to post about how bad it is as more and more new information and studies come out about it.

There's literally nothing wrong with doing that.

My reasoning ability!? Your spending HOURS researching a drug you DONT TAKE and posting about it for NO REASON. You’re still balding, you arnt convincing anyone else to stop taking it (and you prob don’t care who does or doesn’t take it, which makes this even weirder). This is the equivalent to posting why motor cycles arnt safe when you drive a car lmao like we get it bro, idk what the goal is here. Congrats bro, your the most well read guy on finasteride, who doesn’t take finasteride hahahahaahahah. I would understand the obsession if you were on the treatment, and wanted to stay up to date on the latest data and studies. But again…. This is just…. Strange. Your like some type of anti finasteride vigilante

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My reasoning ability!? Your spending HOURS researching a drug you DONT TAKE and posting about it for NO REASON. You’re still balding, you arnt convincing anyone else to stop taking it (and you prob don’t care who does or doesn’t take it, which makes this even weirder). This is the equivalent to posting why motor cycles arnt safe when you drive a car lmao like we get it bro, idk what the goal is here. Congrats bro, your the most well read guy on finasteride, who doesn’t take finasteride hahahahaahahah. I would understand the obsession if you were on the treatment, and wanted to stay up to date on the latest data and studies. But again…. This is just…. Strange. Your like some type of anti finasteride vigilante

Your comment just shows how silly you are.
The fact that I have taken Finasteride, gives me the right to talk about Finasteride as long as I live if I want to. You literally have no valid point.

Its called creating awareness and helping others not make uninformed decisions.

Also the fact that you are so insecure about Finasteride because people are researching and posting studies that are anti-Finasteride says a lot about you.

You'd be happy as long as people stay quiet and naive and fit your narrative about what Finasteride is and isn't.

Guess what, I will continue. Your attempt at trying to find a reason why speaking out about the side effects of Finasteride being bad is weak, stupid and transparent af.

Also, your assumption about me "still Balding" is wrong, my hair is actually STILL far better than what it was AFTER stopping Finasteride for OVER 3 years now.
Yes, Finasteride made my hair much worse than my baseline whilst I was on it.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
your assumption about me "still Balding" is wrong
pinocchio-nose.gif