EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to end this discussion forever. Would you rather risk side effects that are apparently going to happen at some point or go bald and suffer the worst side effect of being unattractive and not being able to get anywhere in life.

I'll lose my dick so I can get respect from peers.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't take it then, I wouldn't want to live a life by committing to inhaling tar and nicotine 20 times a day my entire lifetime, but plenty of other people seam to think its a good idea. the way you choose to live your life is your choice at the end of the day.
Few people think it's a good idea. They are simply addicted to it so they're hooked

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to end this discussion forever. Would you rather risk side effects that are apparently going to happen at some point or go bald and suffer the worst side effect of being unattractive and not being able to get anywhere in life.

You are mad to believe peers will respect you more for your hair than for your dick

Descending Dog

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are mad to believe peers will respect you more for your hair than for your dick
Your peers shouldnt be aware of your dick. Only whoever you have sex with. AND all these claims about having to choose between hair and dick are just ridiculous as such a choice has never been needed to be taken

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your peers shouldnt be aware of your dick. Only whoever you have sex with. AND all these claims about having to choose between hair and dick are just ridiculous as such a choice has never been needed to be taken
Everyone is free to choose their own path.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Did you even read the op you lazy Incel? I listed a number of alternative ways you could continue to use finasteride while lowering chances of side effects down the line.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's look at all the alternatives here.

Topical finasteride - based on small studies it still goes systemic and drops serum dht levels at the same level as oral.
Breezula - experimental drug that seems ineffective after a year.
Ru58841 - can also lead to the same side effects, anecdotal evidence of heart problems.

That's it. They are all trash. If there was a real alternative to oral finasteride then everyone would use it.

Most people never get side effects. The entire first page is conjecture backed up by small data research. These studies don't seem to factor things like aging, diet, and depression.

20YearsOnFin

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Few people think it's a good idea. They are simply addicted to it so they're hooked
How can they be addicted before they make the choice to start? The comparison with smoking is valid, the risks and drawbacks are well known but the up take is still there.

Last edited:

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always had a thought that wouldn't it be great to perform a set of our own experiment? Since we are a ton of logical people here, arguing strongly on both sides of the drug, maybe we can start comparing and posting our blood tests here every six months or year with our age, years on/off finasteride and any other medical impediments and habits like alcohol / cigarettes consumption.
Apart from sexual sides, since I was also facing higher liver enzyme issue, I am also interested in that number as to how people who say they have no sexual sides perform on this parameter, but ofcourse we can compare other parameters as well.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can they be addicted before they make the choice to start? The comparison with smoking is valid, the risks and drawbacks are well known but the up take is still there.
Who in this world started smoking thinking to themselves: oh, smoking! Such a wonderful idea! Lemme jump on it! ???

20YearsOnFin

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who in this world started smoking thinking to themselves: oh, smoking! Such a wonderful idea! Lemme jump on it! ???
Probably every single group of cool teen's from 12 year old's and up, which is the age they tend to start in the UK

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually its not ridiculous, many people have to choose between hair and dick when using Finasteride.

Also, you're forgetting when Finasteride does effect people's dick/sexual functions, it doesn't just end there, as it is a change in the endocrine system which results in those side effects in the first place.

An unbalanced endocrine system will result in a ripple effect of other problems. It's no suprise many finasteride users end up with mental sides as well.

So finasteride can very well affect users which can in turn affect their relationships with their peers.

Last edited:

Descending Dog

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually its not ridiculous, many people have to choose between hair and dick when using Finasteride.

Also, you're forgetting when Finasteride does effect people's dick/sexual functions, it doesn't just end there, as it is a change in the endocrine system which results in those side effects in the first place.

An unbalanced endocrine system will result in a ripple effect of other problems. It's no suprise many finasteride users end up with mental sides as well.

So finasteride can very well affect users which can in turn affect their relationships with their peers.
I will admit that my position may come from the fact that I experience zero negative side effects with my using avodart.

It's arguable how much of said side effects are real though as there are studies showing that placebo has comparable side effects to finasteride users... but well, I believe it's the best in everyone's interest to try to cooperate so they can keep using Finasteride, even if that means moderate use of sexual perfomance enhancing drugs.
Honestly side effects are exaggerated, and I myself was a victim of this. It's up to everyone though, for sure I refuse to lose my hair and I am willing to go as far as needed as long as I can afford it. Being bald would be 1000 times worse than any side effect finasteride could possibly bring, in fact I used to be suicidal before realizing I could stabilize this condition.

• Dislike
Reactions: 300

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will admit that my position may come from the fact that I experience zero negative side effects with my using avodart.

It's arguable how much of said side effects are real though as there are studies showing that placebo has comparable side effects to finasteride users... but well, I believe it's the best in everyone's interest to try to cooperate so they can keep using Finasteride, even if that means moderate use of sexual perfomance enhancing drugs.
Honestly side effects are exaggerated, and I myself was a victim of this. It's up to everyone though, for sure I refuse to lose my hair and I am willing to go as far as needed as long as I can afford it. Being bald would be 1000 times worse than any side effect finasteride could possibly bring, in fact I used to be suicidal before realizing I could stabilize this condition.

I understand your view since you have had been one of the fortunate ones not to experience sides, although it was using Avodart, but many people have experienced sides using Finasteride/Propecia.

There are loads of studies that also prove that there are far more people that have Finasteride side effects and it isn't in people's heads, that's just ludicrous. I personally experienced sides so I know it's not in my head, especially since I've done testing before and after.

Also, Pigeon alone has posted a plethora of studies showing how much more Finasteride affects people negatively with side effects than the water-downed secretly funded by Big Pharma studies that try to make Finasteride look good.

The contrast is far too great and it becomes undeniable with a large amount of people on this very forum alone talk about Finasteride sides and how real it is.

Pigeon even posted screenshots of verified Twitter accounts who are Medical Doctors speaking to other doctors on Twitter discussing the bad side effects of Finasteride and how common it actually is. There's a LOT of people speaking out nowadays.

For such reasons I don't believe any of the numbers published by the FDA and Merck and Pro-Finasteride studies/sources to be true. If Finasteride was even remotely as good as they claim, they'd be a majority of the male population with good heads of hair and that is obviously the furthest thing from the truth.

So no I do not believe Finasteride is the best treatment we have. People may even get better results with Microneedling and Minoxidil twice a day

And soon Kintor Pharmaceuticals will make Finasteride look useless

Last edited:

Descending Dog

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand your view since you have had been one of the fortunate ones not to experience sides, although it was using Avodart, but many people have experienced sides using Finasteride/Propecia.

There are loads of studies that also prove that there are far more people that have Finasteride side effects and it isn't in people's heads, that's just ludicrous. I personally experienced sides so I know it's not in my head, especially since I've done testing before and after.

Also, Pigeon alone has posted a plethora of studies showing how much more Finasteride affects people negatively with side effects than the water-downed secretly funded by Big Pharma studies that try to make Finasteride look good.

The contrast is far too great and it becomes undeniable with a large amount of people on this very forum alone talk about Finasteride sides and how real it is.

Pigeon even posted screenshots of verified Twitter accounts who are Medical Doctors speaking to other doctors on Twitter discussing the bad side effects of Finasteride and how common it actually is. There's a LOT of people speaking out nowadays.

For such reasons I don't believe any of the numbers published by the FDA and Merck and Pro-Finasteride studies/sources to be true. If Finasteride was even remotely as good as they claim, they'd be a majority of the male population with good heads of hair and that it obviously the furthest thing from the truth.

So no I do not believe Finasteride is the best treatment we have. People may even get better results with Microneedling and Minoxidil twice a day

And soon Kintor Pharmaceuticals will make Finasteride look useless
I see. I did not want to suggest that the nature of all side effects are in people's head, but it could be definitely playing a role. Giving a choice between "hair or dick" scaring people away leading them to have your (not referring to you, but generalised) own current position of not taking finasteride is unhelpful, unethical and counterproductive as you do not know if there will be symptomatic side effects and the degree of them, also ignoring that they can be mediated with other drugs and that allowing baldness to go freely could be devasting for some individuals like me - looking terrible, no confidence, no relationship, loniness, house Bonded, yada yada...

I do understand the intention is to warn people but for sure it is not the correct approach.

Lastly a combination of minoxidil and Miceoneedlimg might offer a more noticeable temporary regrowth but these drugs cannot interviene the mechanism of action of baldness the same way Finasteride can. The result will also be you bald...

• Dislike
Reactions: 300