EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have 3 bald friends, and a few friends on finasteride, who have never posted on a forum. The average PERSON doesn’t post on ANY forums. Your a deluded person, who probably doesn’t get out of the house a lot. These forums are extremely niche. People who post on forums in general tend to be very anxious and prone to hypochondria. The average man with hair loss doesn’t post on forums, and the average person in general doesn’t post on forums. Also, other companies mention finasteride’s side effects to…. Ummm… duhhh… sell their f*****g product? Lol. Obviously if you can come out with an effective treatment with 0 sides that would be better…. But guess what man! There hasn’t been any new treatments in like 30 years buddy. So again, you either take finasteride or cope
This is what I need to hear. If finasteride gives gynecomastia, can I continue to take it and just use a sarms or ai bro?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen man the incidents of sides are 2-4% idk what to tell you. Everyone knows it’s not a cure, that’s why they are still looking for one. I’ve been on it 3 years, and I’ve had time off it too, libido is great either way, I’m lean and In good shape, doesn’t effect strength either for me, I’ve noticed no difference. You know that there were 0 reported instances of permanent sides before the early 2000s? Weird that around the time Internet forums became a thing, did people start getting permanent sides from a drug that was already around for 10 years…. It’s almost like it’s a place where ocd hypochondriacs come to freak eacother out or something…. Also there has been studies done showing that people with diagnosed OCD have a much higher chance of developing “PFS”. Google it. Dr Bernstein in NYC will not prescribe finasteride to people with OCD for that reason. You do the math! I don’t deny at all that a minority of people get sides, but people talk wayyyyy too much about this drug. If you take it, there’s a 95% chance you get 0 sides, and if ya do get sides, they go away when you stop taking the drug. Like y’all need to chill out. Feel like you guys just post these studies for fun while you bald, to cope with your choice to not use the only FDA approved treatment for hair loss. Give it a rest. No one gives a sh*t.
This type of person knows they’re eating poison and are clearly in denial lol

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
gyno is listed as a side effect, i wouldnt take it that light hearted.
I know, but I'm wondering if I can take an ai or sarms and continue finasteride if I get gynecomastia.

I wish the anti finasteride users would offer help with this

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem with that approach is that you will have to take that AI or SERM (I assume nolvadex) for as long as you take fina to save your hair, these come with their own set of problems and side effects. It's not a viable option at all, especially long term.
Can you please shed your opinion on topical dutasteride. As I can 100 percent say I'll probably get sides, as I'd say 60% get sides. So I'll have to try maintain w minoxidil and fluridil or topical duta, or hair piece lol

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Worth a try imo. Topical duta is probably the only AA I would recommend if people want to go that route but the verdict is still out, we need more studies. Check out the big topical duta thread.
Wouldn't topical dutasteride demolish someone's hairline if they get sides from finasteride? As doesn't dutasteride topical spike scalp T by 200%? I'm talking about the reflex hyperandrogenic individuals, where finasteride ruins their hair so duta would do the same

Also, hopefully you understand my finasteride fears, but I guess there is a risk reward and I'll never know if I don't try.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend, you're the last person anyone should take serious. You think it's ok to take HRT to save your hair, you are ok with taking hardcore transgender drugs. Wouldn't be suprised if you will become the new Janey of this forum. Your definition of "normal" and "acceptable" is completely delusional.

And now you talk about "fear mongering", do you know where you are? Look at the thread title. This is a thread about side effects, aren't we allowed to discuss this because it hurts the feelings and hits on the massive insecurity of fina takers?
Yeah, just because I'm trans my opinion should be disregarded and I myself insulted by equating me to mentally ill fetishists like Janey. Nice attitude to other human beings you got there mate.

Anyway, I won't be coming into these threads anymore as discussion with you is pointless. Talk about what you want, I ain't stopping you. I only came here to help undecided people that you're scaring away, but I suppose I can't save everyone.

Have fun in your doomer threads.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll also add that you have your own reasons as to why you have choosed your regime. At no point did I see you trying to convince anyone that they have to follow your path, and ironically people who are so adamant as to why nobody should take finasteride are much more comparable to Janey, who was adamant about taking estrogen, trying to find any argument for people to consider her views as the right ones.
Thanks for those words of support. I just want to help others and instead I get bombarded with personal insults and people using my regimen and the fact that I'm trans against me.

You're right they do share some behaviour patterns with Janey, just with different beliefs lol.

Still I won't be coming into anti Fina threads anymore, let them have their little doomer spaces. If anyone wants help there are different threads where they can find it, and I can post there.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes your opinion should be disregarded because you are trans when it comes to hairloss because like I said your tolerance line of what's acceptable is much more liberal compared to normal heterosexual males who value their sexuality, libido and masculinity.

And I said you could become the new Janey, you wouldn't be the first trans person who flipped, especially when playing with your hormones.

If what I say offends you then that's your problem, good luck in the real world with that victim attitude. Doesn't mean I hate you or wish you ill, on the contrary I wish the best for you and hope you have a dense NW1.
Most cis men would consider my regimen extreme, but because of this I know Fina is nothing compared to the stuff I use. So your anti Finasteride stuff is absurd to me and I consider it overblown fear mongering so I state my opinion.

No comment on the Janey stuff, that's just transphobia.

Also why do you insist I have victim mentality? Is your world view so simple that there is only room for strong men and victims in it? I get along quite well in the real world thank you, I got people who like and support me both online and offline. Also since I've embraced myself random people have told me I'm a interesting, nice and generally a person they want to be around. Something that didn't happen much when I was a depressed, balding and trying to be manly dysphoric guy. If I listened to "real man" advice I'd be a alcoholic homeless tramp by now.

The only positive thing you said is that you wish me NW1, well then I wish you the same. I hope you keep your hair.

Goodbye, I'm leaving this thread.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Solxama you dont need to engage in an argument to discuss your mental health here, although the guys want to pretend that it's relevant in the discussion about Finasteride and its side effects, unfortunately it's not.

On your first post you stated that certain users overplay finasteride side effects, and that these do not happen to a high number of men, which is something that I agree with and I am not trans, and also care about my masculinity and sexuality more than the whole forum combined because I am a blackpiller - hopefully my opinion shouldn't be disregarded too.

If you prefer to have the certainty that you will lose your hair over taking a chance of maybe keeping it for longer because the potential side effects that finasteride or dutasteride could cause to you then do not take it. It's as simple as that, however be aware that your quality of life might not be affected (or even actually improve instead like mine) and you could keep your hair for years on end. Don't take finasteride cuz it can make your dick smaller, don't take androgen receptor degrader because it's not studied enough and those receptors have some function, also it goes systematic to some degree which can completely mess you up, don't take any PRLR antagonist/ antibody either because there are probably many studies demonstrating the importance of those proteins and let's not even talk about it's downstream effects bro... WAY? No, don't take anything that is going to upregulate your estrogen activity. Remember! Masculinity first and you might be risking it...

With this I am also leaving as I have stated all that I considered relevant in the debate and don't like the tone of the comments. That's not the definition of a healthy debate.

Descending Dog is out.
You seem like a new man lately

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in another thread @user394587 showed you that this study is bullshit because its participant were all recruited from the forum propeciahelp.com. considering this im actually surprised it wasnt close to 100% but ok.

and this was yesterday. so why are you repeating this again without any context?

It's not bullshit. It proves an excellent point that men who have used Finasteride and stopped due to having sides, continued to have sides long after stopping Finasteride if not permanently.
That is obviously very concerning and really common.

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not bullshit. It proves an excellent point that men who have used Finasteride and stopped due to having sides, continued to have sides long after stopping Finasteride if not permanently.
It provides evidence that men who develop side effects and who also experience persistent side effects, will likely continue to experience persistent side effects. In other words, if you're one of the people that gets nailed with persistent side effects after stopping finasteride, you will probably continue to experience them.

"Aim: To prospectively study whether the persistent sexual side effects associated with finasteride resolve or endure over time."

"Conclusion: In most men who developed persistent sexual side effects (≥3 months) despite the discontinuation of finasteride, the sexual dysfunction continued for many months or years."

This is different from saying "most people that experience side effects from finasteride will experience persistent side effects". If you wanted to examine that, you'd need to sample people who experienced side effects in general, not only people who experienced side effects and persistent side effects.

Regardless, the fact that there are people who develop persistent side effects in the first place is concerning, and is something people need to take into consideration when deciding whether or not to take finasteride in any format, oral or topical.

Last edited:

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo dude don't bother anymore explaining anything, It's not like they're not responsible for their own health. Sooner or later they will experience hellish side effects and learn the hard way

Dude, if you wanna take Finasteride or even chop your balls off, go for it. You don't have to post paragraphs about how safe Finasteride is since we all know deep inside that that’s bullshit. If you're so confident about Finasteride, then you have no reasons to waste time writing essays for random people online trying your hardest to convince them - or yourself - how they're wrong about the miraculous drug called Finasteride

it's your body, and your responsibility. It's not like people will suffer any kind of side effects in your place. So just do whatever you want
I’m writing paragraphs because y’all are OD! Chop my balls off? I bet I have a higher libido then you and have a better physique . I feel like I’m on a sugar pill

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, so the results aren't what you want them to be so you try to cope with saying it's because of sample bias? Lol at this weak cope.

And it's the opposite of what you say, people on hairloss forums are desperate people struggling with hairloss, most don't care about the possible sides (look at you for example). Truth is most are pro finasteride on hairloss forums, same with tressless and still we see 50%+ here experience sides.

And here's another poll on a different hairloss forum....

553 people and 55% experience side effects.

View attachment 171223

But keep on coping friend, keep coping.
If you knew how non biased studies worked, you wouldn’t put faith in a poll from a hair loss forum lol. And again, I’ve been on it for 3 years, and have friends who take it, none of us have sides. Idk where the cope is, I have a full head of hair and have zero sides effects lol. Yet ur the one on a forum posting countless studies about a drug that you don’t even take who’s coping ?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you knew how non biased studies worked, you wouldn’t put faith in a poll from a hair loss forum lol. And again, I’ve been on it for 3 years, and have friends who take it, none of us have sides. Idk where the cope is, I have a full head of hair and have zero sides effects lol. Yet ur the one on a forum posting countless studies about a drug that you don’t even take who’s coping ?

And I know literally 5 people irl (no joke) who have used Finasteride and have all gotten sides and none of them use hairloss forums nor have they recorded their sides as a statistic on any website/organization that measures those who get sides vs those who dont

Which is exactly the reason why the % of people who do get sides is far greater than those reported.

Also, Big Pharma looks at the number of prescriptions of Finasteride per year in the US (approximately 2 million annually) and just think only under 10% of people don't get sides because from that amount of prescriptions only under +-10% of people report sides to get registered as a statistic.

I know that the majority of people who get sides don't even know where to register their side effects on Finasteride as a statistic.

Most people who get sides simply stop taking Finasteride and stop going to the doctor/dermatologist about it or stop mentioning it to their medical professionals.

kidcurry96

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And I know literally 5 people irl (no joke) who have used Finasteride and have all gotten sides and none of them use hairloss forums nor have they recorded their sides as a statistic on any website/organization that measures those who get sides vs those who dont

Which is exactly the reason why the % of people who do get sides is far greater than those reported.

Also, Big Pharma looks at the number of prescriptions of Finasteride per year in the US (approximately 2 million annually) and just think only under 10% of people don't get sides because from that amount of prescriptions only under +-10% of people report sides to get registered as a statistic.

I know that the majority of people who get sides don't even know where to register their side effects on Finasteride as a statistic.

Most people who get sides simply stop taking Finasteride and stop going to the doctor/dermatologist about it or stop mentioning it to their medical professionals.
would not they go to urologist or endocrinologist after?

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

you said:

"3) There have been studies showing people have persistent side effects from around 30% of users up until around 60% of users. There's a lot of new and independent studies been done fortunately."

ignoring that

- in these study all participants were recruited from the forum propeciahelp.com

and you got called out for that a few days ago, yet you keep repeating it. so you are either straight up lying or intellectual to limited to know what what a selection bias is. both doesnt really help your case.